C/F Hood

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2004, 07:40 AM
Holla Back Youngin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C/F Hood

Lookin to get a carbon fiber hood. anyone know of good companies and their pricings. Doesnt InspireS have it already. Where did u get it from, and how much did it cost u? also, do u think its worth it, like quality wise?
Old 06-22-2004, 08:01 AM
Troutslap Mod-DUH-rator

i told you! vis racing makes a spec a hood. racing zone can get it.
Old 06-22-2004, 08:01 AM
Troutslap Mod-DUH-rator

are you going to get the buddy club 2 sponsorship?
Old 06-22-2004, 09:16 AM
Holla Back Youngin

naw bro i need my car, i called buddy club and they were tellin me to drop the car off for 4 weeks, and then i still need to pay for painting.. the kit will still cost me around 500 bucks. all they do is use my current side skirts and stuff and remold them.. i wont get back any of them peices. i gotta check with the c/f hood from brian..
Old 06-22-2004, 09:34 AM
Bye TSX, hello domestic?

Originally Posted by Tsex on 19s
naw bro i need my car, i called buddy club and they were tellin me to drop the car off for 4 weeks, and then i still need to pay for painting.. the kit will still cost me around 500 bucks. all they do is use my current side skirts and stuff and remold them.. i wont get back any of them peices. i gotta check with the c/f hood from brian..
Phase and Feels sells JDM hoods, probably not worth the trouble of importing them though.

Fiberimage's hood was used on the Dazz Motorsports 350WHP TSX, you could try them.

Not to thread jack... but what's this about Buddy Club and the splitter in your sig? I'm kinda interested seeing one of those.
Old 06-22-2004, 10:18 AM
Jewdacris!!

I know at kingmotorsports.com there is a CF hood for $600, also Vis makes one i think. The Feels hood is about 1000 bills, but it takes a few weeks to get it here.
Old 06-22-2004, 11:15 PM
Holla Back Youngin

the hoods a lil pricey right now.. maybe a few more weeks of savin up.. but as for the splitter, i should have it on by the end of summer... its the same splitter as on the Dazz Motorsports tsx.. you should be able to see it in the pic.. i like the OEM body kit, but wouldnt mind altering the total look.. i was thinking about the buddy club sponsorship, but their kits are a lil too aggresive for me, and im happy with the clean look i have now.. but Ill still look towards buddy club for the splitter, they got a bunch of styles, i might get somthin other than the one on the Dazz tsx, jus to be different.. it shouldnt be that much.. im guestimatin 250 bills with the rods.
Old 06-22-2004, 11:17 PM
Holla Back Youngin

btw.. Z u are posting like a madd man.. i coulda swore u jumped 200 posts over night... are u supposed to b STUDYING!!!! SLACKIN MAN! jp
Old 06-22-2004, 11:23 PM
Bye TSX, hello domestic?

the hoods a lil pricey right now.. maybe a few more weeks of savin up.. but as for the splitter, i should have it on by the end of summer... its the same splitter as on the Dazz Motorsports tsx.. you should be able to see it in the pic.. i like the OEM body kit, but wouldnt mind altering the total look.. i was thinking about the buddy club sponsorship, but their kits are a lil too aggresive for me, and im happy with the clean look i have now.. but Ill still look towards buddy club for the splitter, they got a bunch of styles, i might get somthin other than the one on the Dazz tsx, jus to be different.. it shouldnt be that much.. im guestimatin 250 bills with the rods.
so buddy club is test fitting a new kit or something?

and is the Buddy Club splitter the exact same as the Dazz TSX b/c theirs was a APR custom one, or is it just similar. Sounds very cool.
Old 06-22-2004, 11:53 PM
Holla Back Youngin

the splitter is similar.. check it out on buddyclub2.com, and yea they havin fitments for a kit here in jacksonville... too bad im in orlando, and my tsx is my daily driver, so i cant really leave the car for months.
Old 06-23-2004, 02:00 AM
Stokeless

i want the mugen kit...mainly cuz its clean and actually aerodynmically tested. But what i am looking for is a company that will make an entire rear bumper replacement instead of lip..i will also be lookin at getting the splitter eventually i like the way it looks
Old 06-23-2004, 07:42 AM
Troutslap Mod-DUH-rator

btw.. Z u are posting like a madd man.. i coulda swore u jumped 200 posts over night... are u supposed to b STUDYING!!!! SLACKIN MAN! jp
mulittask i'm gonna slow down the next couple of days so i can study
Old 06-23-2004, 12:53 PM
Racer

Lookin to get a carbon fiber hood. anyone know of good companies and their pricings. Doesnt InspireS have it already. Where did u get it from, and how much did it cost u? also, do u think its worth it, like quality wise?
Phase Racing ordered from www.aj-racing.com cost me about $1600 CDN, fitment is perfect, and the weave is very fine.

InspireS
Old 06-23-2004, 12:57 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
$1600 CDN = $1,175 US dollars

hmm...
Old 06-23-2004, 01:20 PM
cmf
ATCer

That's quite a bit of money for a hood!
Old 06-23-2004, 01:28 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by cmf

That's quite a bit of money for a hood!
You can opt for the copy ones that are being made now by several companies in North America. However, the fitment and the weave will come no where close to the Phase JDM hood.

InspireS
Old 06-23-2004, 01:33 PM
cmf
ATCer

Yeah, I've seen some knock off hoods before and they look like shit. I agree good money will get you good products, but 1200 for a hood is a bit rich for my blood. I have no problem dropping bills on my car at all. I'm guessing a good portion of that cost is importing and shipping, no? I think I read somewhere you paid a lot for that bumper as well?!?
Old 06-23-2004, 01:40 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by cmf
Yeah, I've seen some knock off hoods before and they look like shit. I agree good money will get you good products, but 1200 for a hood is a bit rich for my blood. I have no problem dropping bills on my car at all. I'm guessing a good portion of that cost is importing and shipping, no? I think I read somewhere you paid a lot for that bumper as well?!?
Yup, the bumper was about $1600 CDN + paint + custom re-bar. My Phase diffuser for the bumper just arrived as well, and that was about $400 CDN. So after all said, the bumper is about $2500 CDN on the car. But, exclusivity is what I like, I think I'm still the only one in North America with this bumper and hood.

InspireS
Old 06-23-2004, 01:44 PM
Bye TSX, hello domestic?

Originally Posted by InspireS
Yup, the bumper was about $1600 CDN + paint + custom re-bar. My Phase diffuser for the bumper just arrived as well, and that was about $400 CDN. So after all said, the bumper is about $2500 CDN on the car. But, exclusivity is what I like, I think I'm still the only one in North America with this bumper and hood.

InspireS
Phase diffuser? Care to elaborate...

and

Old 06-23-2004, 01:49 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by xizor
Phase diffuser? Care to elaborate...

and

Will take pics and post after it's installed next weekend.

InspireS
Old 06-23-2004, 02:17 PM
Bye TSX, hello domestic?

very subtle, now to find something that will fit the OEM kit lip... so I don't scratch the crap out of the bottom when I bottom out again
Old 06-24-2004, 02:12 AM
Holla Back Youngin

get a splitter..lol and if u mess it up.. get another one..jp stupid idea. hey inspireS, would the hood fit perfect with the OEM bumper, or is it made specifically for the phase one. and what exactly are u talking about when u say "weave", do u mean the actual checkered look? or is weave somthin else..
Old 06-24-2004, 02:20 AM
Stokeless

i havent had a problem with VIS or fiber images before they make good quality CF. I dont know what this weave your talking about is but if you can show me an example i love to learn.
Old 06-24-2004, 02:23 AM
Holla Back Youngin

werd up, inspireS help....
Old 06-24-2004, 08:29 AM
Jewdacris!!

I think the weave is how tight the carbonfiber layers are when the hood is "put" together.
Old 06-24-2004, 08:56 AM
Troutslap Mod-DUH-rator

InspireS
that' because i dont know where to get phase stuff in the US.

you beat me to it, i had the phase bumper in my sights.

if you were willing to sell it, let me know.
Old 06-24-2004, 10:01 AM
Stokeless

He aint gonna sell...does phase make sideskirts????? if so can you show me a link if phase has a whole kit that looks nice i might get it....i really want a kit with a rear bumper replacement instead of a lip...thats what im really looking for.
Old 06-24-2004, 11:22 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by Stokeless_TSX
He aint gonna sell...does phase make sideskirts????? if so can you show me a link if phase has a whole kit that looks nice i might get it....i really want a kit with a rear bumper replacement instead of a lip...thats what im really looking for.
Stokeless

Phase only makes the front bumper. They use the stock Euro-R side and rear skirts on their cars. For more images of the Phase Racing car www.phaseracing.com.

As per the conversation regarding the weave pattern, here is an image of my the pattern on my hood, I am just saying that I have never seen a North American made carbon fibre hood come close to JDM quality..

The images really don't do justice on the hood. I noticed in your avatar you are going to move or are in Seattle? I go to Seattle once a month, maybe I can swing by and meet up with you so you can see what I'm talking about.

Cheers,

InspireS
Old 06-24-2004, 11:56 AM
Troutslap Mod-DUH-rator

Stokeless

Phase only makes the front bumper. They use the stock Euro-R side and rear skirts on their cars. For more images of the Phase Racing car www.phaseracing.com.

As per the conversation regarding the weave pattern, here is an image of my the pattern on my hood, I am just saying that I have never seen a North American made carbon fibre hood come close to JDM quality..

The images really don't do justice on the hood. I noticed in your avatar you are going to move or are in Seattle? I go to Seattle once a month, maybe I can swing by and meet up with you so you can see what I'm talking about.

Cheers,

InspireS
can you travel to florida too? maybe i should still buy a phase bumper. i might email a-j about it later.
Old 06-24-2004, 01:58 PM
cmf
ATCer

InspireS-- How does that hood hold up for daily driving in respects to being behind other cars that might kick us dirt and rocks. I know the paint on any car will take a beating to daily highway driving, what about that hood. Looks like it has a good clear coat layer or something on it. Notice any blemishes or anything? Just curious!
Old 06-24-2004, 11:57 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by cmf
InspireS-- How does that hood hold up for daily driving in respects to being behind other cars that might kick us dirt and rocks. I know the paint on any car will take a beating to daily highway driving, what about that hood. Looks like it has a good clear coat layer or something on it. Notice any blemishes or anything? Just curious!
The Phase hood came with a nice clear coat on it already. I've put one layer of wax on it and have not noticed any nicks or scuffs just yet *fingers crossed*

InspireS
Old 06-24-2004, 11:58 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by dzuy
can you travel to florida too? maybe i should still buy a phase bumper. i might email a-j about it later.
dzuy,

keep in touch. I may have other plans for the car, so the hood/bumper could be available shortly.

InspireS
Old 06-25-2004, 12:13 AM
Racer

now i am getting more interested in that Phase hood after seeing the picture...
InspireS, you got any plans coming down to Seattle during September!? it will be soo good if i can see that hood personally^o^
Old 06-25-2004, 02:06 AM
Stokeless

Inspire i would love to see your ride but im not in seattle right now but ill be back in october im sure we will be intouch. And then see you car and the hood then...you night even change my mind on the bumper and kit. Also how much lower are the euro R side skirts than stock?
Old 06-25-2004, 10:12 AM
Troutslap Mod-DUH-rator

dzuy,

keep in touch. I may have other plans for the car, so the hood/bumper could be available shortly.

InspireS
what a tease.
Old 06-25-2004, 10:14 AM
Troutslap Mod-DUH-rator

hehe. phase bumper is the nicest front so far for the tsx.
Old 06-25-2004, 12:02 PM
Racer

hehe. phase bumper is the nicest front so far for the tsx.
Phase
Mugen
muhahaha, just kidding, each kit got its own good look^^
Old 06-25-2004, 12:27 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by Stokeless_TSX
Inspire i would love to see your ride but im not in seattle right now but ill be back in october im sure we will be intouch. And then see you car and the hood then...you night even change my mind on the bumper and kit. Also how much lower are the euro R side skirts than stock?
The Euro R side skirts are about 1.5 inches lower than the stock side skirts, and about 1 inch lower than the OEM North American Kit.

Keep in touch..hopefully I'll still have the bumper and hood on the car by that time.

InspireS
Old 06-25-2004, 12:28 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by dagigu
now i am getting more interested in that Phase hood after seeing the picture...
InspireS, you got any plans coming down to Seattle during September!? it will be soo good if i can see that hood personally^o^
You can always come up to Vancouver I dunno when I'll be in Seattle..keep in touch.

My MSN is info@inspires.ca

Cheers!

InspireS
Old 06-25-2004, 12:30 PM
Racer

what a tease.
Everything is for sale for the right price If you are really interested in the hood/bumper drop me a line and we can talk.

InspireS

Quick Reply: C/F Hood