Zaino advice please

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2007, 09:29 PM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Zaino advice please

Hi All,

Picking up my 2007 Black TSX w/ Navi tomorrow night and needless to say I am probably not getting any sleep tonight! (upgrading from a 94 and 96 accord with a combined 300K on them, still ran great though!).

I have read a lot of the posts about Zaino on here and am definitely going to check this out to try and keep my NHB car looking clean and new without having to wash it every friggin day. But, I have a few questions.

1st, I'm on a budget here and don't want to spend more than $40-50 total right now. Has anyone tried the Zaino AIO (all in one?) product? Should I stick to the "layering" approach instead? I am trying to not buy a ton of different products, 2 would be fine but I don't foresee myself having the time to do a ton of layering, maybe 3-5 is OK but looking to avoid more than that?

So, for all you Zaino nuts out there, if I can only budget 1 or 2 right now (plus a few of the #314 cloths), should I go with the all in one version or a different combination (if so, what combo?). I want a really nice shine but good protection is also vital to me, I do a lot of city and highway driving. Thanks so much and I look forward to contributing to posts as my TSX knowledge goes up!

Steve
Old 07-08-2007, 09:35 PM
Unofficial Goat

Received 112 Likes on 89 Posts
I'd try the all In one, i'm waiting for my kit to run out before i go and purchase it. Maybe you can be the guinea pig on this one cause i haven't heard much about it.
Old 07-08-2007, 09:45 PM
Racer

Personally I would stick with layering. Just buy the Z2 pro and ZFX and you are good for 3 years if you apply it say 4 or 5 times a year.

I use about 3/4 of an ounce for 3 layers using my PC.
Old 07-08-2007, 10:35 PM
Instructor

Wow, all-in-one. i never knew such an animal existed until your post. i've been doing zaino the old-fashioned 4-step way--z7, z1, z2, z6. It's a ton of work. Essentially, you have to go over your car 6 times each time you go through the system! z7, dry, z1, z2, buff out z2, then z6. So that's why I will only do it once a year. (Other times, I just wash and z6.) So that's something to think about. If you have the time and the passion, you can go the multi-steps system. With all the work you put in, it's bound to give incomparable results.

But if time is for you a commodity valued, the all-in-one may be the best trade off. If it's anything like other Zaino products, it will give a superior shine, especially compared to the over-the-counter competition. Maybe not as great as the multi-step, but then again, maybe you're not planning to compete in car shows...
Old 07-08-2007, 10:49 PM
10th Gear

good points, everyone. My friend just bough a black 2006 mustang GT, been a mustang nut his whole life and he loves zaino as well, we may go half and half on the kit and make a day (or many) out of goin nuts on the cars with the kit. i think i may shoot an email over to zaino and ask them, compared to the multi-step option how good the all in one is. if anyone else has experience with the all in one, please let me know. thanks

Steve
Old 07-08-2007, 11:33 PM
mmmmmm....

Received 95 Likes on 81 Posts
If you need more help then post this on the Wash & Wax section.
Old 07-08-2007, 11:49 PM
Team Owner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
This should have been posted in the Wash & Wax Section to begin with.