Are you thinking of purchasing a TSX?

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2004 | 10:48 AM
Obnoxious Philadelphian

Originally posted by Foolish Pleasure
Hi everyone - I am a newbie at this so please bear with me. I currently drive a 92 Civic EX Coupe with a 134K on it. My wife has a 2001 Accord EX Coupe...I am seriously considering a TSX but the rattles issue scares the heck out of me. I am tempted to wait for the 2005 model but I may not have the time as I really dont want to put any more $$ (timing belt needed) into the Civic. I love the TSX and have driven it. If I am going to get a car shortly, I may simply get a Civic sedan ( I may be the only guy corss shopping these two vehicles) as the new Accord exterior is not my favorite.

This forum has been a great resource....any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks!
The rattles are over-exaggerated. I'm down to one - passenger's seatbelt thingamabob - that I expect to be fixed shortly. I don't think any of the rattles described are severe and they clearly bother some people more than others. I have found them annoying, but I wouldn't hesitate to buy this car again.

Old 02-29-2004 | 09:49 PM
Instructor

I have zero rattles, never had one.

I couldn't imagine driving anything else unless a TL.

The dealer's lot here now usually has one or two that
are not taken, I am seeing a lot more TL's now on the road
here and TSX was out longer. TL has probably taken some
demand off TSX.

Just watch the lot and when one is available of your color
and transmission, test drive it long and hard to satisfy your concern about rattles, and buy it.

I did drive mine around before signing.
Old 03-01-2004 | 10:50 AM
Team Owner

Do not let the rattle reports dissuade you from getting the TSX. Its a fantastic automobile and I am very happy with mine. Although clearly an issue, not everyone has rattles. Also, dealers are taking steps to eliminate them particularly as common rattle fixes are identified.

Cross shopping TSX and Civc? Interesting. If you are looking at the Civic then you should also consider the new Mazda3.
Old 03-01-2004 | 11:08 PM
6th Gear

I will be graduating college in 2 months and am going to buy a new car, and I'm 95% sure it's going to be a TSX. I currently have a 97 Integra gsr (which i absolutely love), and I had a 94 accord before my integra, so I know all about how great hondas/acuras are, but what I want from you guys is to just give me your opinions about the car, as current TSX owners. I know a lot of this has already been addressed in this thread, but humor me

I want to get the 6spd MT w/navigation, either CG, Night Hawk Black, or Pearl White (CANT DECIDE!!), and what the hell, throw in the full underbody spoiler all around.

...That said...

What do you like best about it?

It seems the rattling is the biggest thing, but that doesn't really bother me, because I have a great Acura dealer who I'm sure will work with me to fix it if that problem arises. Other than that (and the few blown trannies), any mechanical problems?

Any regrets or anything of that sort?

Thoughts on the OEM body kit? From different angles, certain peices look a little awkward, such as the front lip...

Ideas for mods (my integra is probably one of the few mod-ed out, yet non-ricey integra's you'll see on the road, so I want to keep that elegant, classy, theme if I mod the TSX at all)?

Feedback on the navigation system? Easy to use, specifically in terms of voice recognition? ....I've also heard there's a kit for the LCD i believe, which allows you to watch DVD movies since the navi system is dvd-based? Does anybody know anything about this?

I'm willing to wait to get what I want (i.e., i'm not going to settle for anything less than the 6MT w/navi, and all the options, including color, that i want)......can some of you guys tell me how long the wait was to have yours built? Any horror stories involving that?

Any opinion on the stock tires? I hated the michelin XGT H4's that were stock on the integra, and I quickly ditched them for a set that wouldn't spin out on dry pavement. Am I going to have to replace these tires as well?

Any input would be much appreciated. Thanks!
Old 03-01-2004 | 11:26 PM
Drifting

Originally posted by thanassius
The incredible engine imbedded in a tight package that moves very quickly with great dexterity, all the while shifting an unbelievable transmission while looking at a breathtaking interior with PIMP lighting.

It seems the rattling is the biggest thing, but that doesn't really bother me, because I have a great Acura dealer who I'm sure will work with me to fix it if that problem arises. Other than that (and the few blown trannies), any mechanical problems?
Not a single mechanical problem.

Not being more confident about my abilities to pick up women back when I was in college.

Thoughts on the OEM body kit? From different angles, certain peices look a little awkward, such as the front lip...
Skip the body kit and save the money for a down payment on a house or condo.

Ideas for mods (my integra is probably one of the few mod-ed out, yet non-ricey integra's you'll see on the road, so I want to keep that elegant, classy, theme if I mod the TSX at all)?
I have no idea about mods.

Feedback on the navigation system? Easy to use, specifically in terms of voice recognition? ....I've also heard there's a kit for the LCD i believe, which allows you to watch DVD movies since the navi system is dvd-based? Does anybody know anything about this?
There is a mod available (maybe I do know something about mods after all) that lets you use it for TV/movies, but try using the search feature to get more info about it. As far as the nav system proper, it is amazing and VERY easy to use. The voice recognition is cool to show off to your friends, but in reality I never use it.

I'm willing to wait to get what I want (i.e., i'm not going to settle for anything less than the 6MT w/navi, and all the options, including color, that i want)......can some of you guys tell me how long the wait was to have yours built? Any horror stories involving that?
I waited a long time b/c my combo is rare and I would not compromise. My horror story is that I crashed my CL-S trade-in one week before my TSX finally arrived. I had waited two months for it to come in and then I had to wait an extra three weeks while my car just sat there. It blew.

Any opinion on the stock tires? I hated the michelin XGT H4's that were stock on the integra, and I quickly ditched them for a set that wouldn't spin out on dry pavement. Am I going to have to replace these tires as well?
The tires are fine but they could definitely be improved. The PZero Neros are what I'd upgrade to. I live in Chicago and all.

Do these answers help? Just buy the damn car! Welcome to the site BTW.
Old 03-01-2004 | 11:32 PM
Instructor

Yes you will have to replace the tires. I got p235/45R17
Pirelli Pzero Nero and they are great but have had some
vibration problems. I sent one back for pulling and now
thinking of sending another back for a balance vibration at
60-65 mph.

You can get good money for your Michelins on Ebay
advertised as new takeoffs. Just get you new tires
right away.

First mod, I recommend the Comptech rear sway bar.
The car has too much understeer, Comtech fixes it.

I replaced front brake pads with green EBC from Tire Rack.
I don't know what all the complaining for bigger brakes is
about, when it is fixed this easily.

I put in K&N CAI but it is more noise. The noise is tolerable
now with four Polk db650 door speakers. I highly recommend
these, it is way better sound. Stock speakers have about
a 2 oz magnet noise and distortion, Polk sound is so clean.

I personally like the PWP as that's what I have and it's
still my favorite as I see other colors on the road. The
blue is hot just too young for me personally.

All that I intend to do are lowering springs $160.
Maybe header $300, maybe.

Comptech bar $140
4 Pirelli $560
sale of OE tires - $350
4 polk speakers $150
Dynamat $35
Speaker spacers
wiring & screws $50
K&N intake $200
EBC pads $75
Install tires $50

Total $ 900
Old 03-01-2004 | 11:40 PM
Sile

I want to get the 6spd MT w/navigation, either CG, Night Hawk Black, or Pearl White (CANT DECIDE!!), and what the hell, throw in the full underbody spoiler all around.

...That said...

Any input would be much appreciated. Thanks!
Regrets: Not waiting for a 6 speed to arrive (about 3 months vs. 1 for 5A).
The black is really nice. Goes with the chrome great. I went with Silver and I miss the dark colors.
I don't notice much of a windshield rattle but I am hearing something from the sunroof. Kind of annoying.
I find the voice recongnition to be kind of a pain in the ass. It doesn't really understand me. I sware I talk more clearly to it too. I don't like the fact that you can't turn the navi off. The only way to do so is to tell it 'Display off'. Then it thinks you say 'Destination' or 'Setup' and you're all screwed. Im glad I got the nav though, I feel its worth it.
The tires I feel are good. Very responsive, traction could be better.
Old 03-02-2004 | 01:03 AM
6th Gear

Jason:
Thanks man, that helps a lot. I'm looking up the dvd stuff right now in the audio and electronics forum. Thanks for the welcome too!

Tim:
Thanks, even if the tires are adequate, I'll still probably ditch them for something better. Maybe a nice set of Yokohamas? I've had nothing but good experiences with them on my integra.

tsXgtp:
I'm the same way, I want this freakin car YESTERDAY, but I'm going to have to force myself to wait longer to get what i really want, and to not settle.

....thanks for the help guys!
Old 03-02-2004 | 09:43 AM
Suzuka Master

I will be graduating college in 2 months and am going to buy a new car, and I'm 95% sure it's going to be a TSX....
Congrats and welcome.

...I want to get the 6spd MT w/navigation, either CG, Night Hawk Black, or Pearl White (CANT DECIDE!!)....
If you don't mind the Parchment interior, the white is a REALLY nice color. You have to see it in person. You've picked the best three exterior colors IMO, so you really can't go wrong.

Decent torque for a 4-cylinder, very nice shifter and clutch, handles great, looks even better. People think I'm driving a much more expensive car. They're surprised when I tell them it was under $27k out the door. Oh, and it doesn't rattle!

Any regrets or anything of that sort?....Thoughts on the OEM body kit?....
I should have negotiated for the body kit at the initial purchase. I would have at least saved labor costs. Oh well.

I think the kit looks great on every color (although I haven't seen one on a MSM yet--anyone have a pic?). It looks especially nice the red, CG, and black. I think the front lip looks good, but the choice is yours.

...can some of you guys tell me how long the wait was to have yours built? Any horror stories involving that?....
See my sig for my info. There have been some horror stories, but if your dealer is as good as you say they are, you should be fine. Plan at least 2 months wait from the time you place your order.

Any opinion on the stock tires?
I don't hate them as much as other people do, but they will be replaced by better ones (ContiExtreme Contact for winter and Yoko AVS ES100 for summer) as soon as I wear them out (and get some new wheels).

Hope it helps.
Old 03-02-2004 | 10:00 AM
Team Owner

Originally posted by tsXgtp

I find the voice recongnition to be kind of a pain in the ass. It doesn't really understand me. I sware I talk more clearly to it too. I don't like the fact that you can't turn the navi off. The only way to do so is to tell it 'Display off'. Then it thinks you say 'Destination' or 'Setup' and you're all screwed. Im glad I got the nav though, I feel its worth it.
Geez, it sound like you're talking about my wife.

I was all set to answer thanassius but then I read what Jason, TSXTim, and ClutchPerformer said and I can't add anything to that. Good job guys. thanassius, you're gonna love this car.
Old 03-04-2004 | 09:37 PM
Cruisin'

It sure is nice to read that some are happy with their purchase. Most of what I have read so far regarding the TSX on a number of forum are complaints about rattles and crickets. I was consedering purchasing a TSX but was having second thought after reading a number of forums; I am still driving my 91 Accord with 250 000 Km on the odometer...so I was thinking it might be better to go back to an Accord. But after reading your comments I think the TSX will make it back on my short list.
Old 03-04-2004 | 09:54 PM
Photography Nerd

mcaron, you won't be disappointed. The TSX is a world class car. If you want to read about problems just go over to www.bimmerfest.com and see what people are having problems with over there. Some guys have had 3 engines in their M3's replaced under warranty....
Old 03-13-2004 | 09:05 AM
1st Gear

in the hunt

hey everyone-

starting to get in the TSX hunt. have an aging integra (5-speed) and figure it's time. any thoughts on the 6-speed manual vs. 5-speed auto? any other advice welcome. thanks!
Old 03-15-2004 | 12:54 PM
6th Gear

I am going to buy a TSX in the next month or two. First I started looking at the Mazda 6, then I went to the Altima. I had my mind made up and decided for the Altima until a friend from work said to look at the TSX. Ever since that day 3 weeks ago, I've read every article that was ever written. I spend my lunch hours rereading everything about the TSX from Acura's site and this forum. I'm in love with this car and I have only driven it once. It spoke to me, it hugged me and it grabbed me as I was trying to get out of the car when my test drive was over. I even go to the dealer at night and walk around it [blk,navi, tan int. 6MT]. Rattle? Who cares? Not enough HP? I drove a Hyundai Elantra for the last 6 years. I can't wait to be a part of the family.
Old 03-15-2004 | 01:15 PM
Drifting

Originally posted by tsxquisite
I am going to buy a TSX in the next month or two. First I started looking at the Mazda 6, then I went to the Altima. I had my mind made up and decided for the Altima until a friend from work said to look at the TSX. Ever since that day 3 weeks ago, I've read every article that was ever written. I spend my lunch hours rereading everything about the TSX from Acura's site and this forum. I'm in love with this car and I have only driven it once. It spoke to me, it hugged me and it grabbed me as I was trying to get out of the car when my test drive was over. I even go to the dealer at night and walk around it [blk,navi, tan int. 6MT]. Rattle? Who cares? Not enough HP? I drove a Hyundai Elantra for the last 6 years. I can't wait to be a part of the family.
Great post and welcome! I'm looking forward to seeing you around and getting your thoughts on the car.
Old 03-15-2004 | 09:00 PM
Advanced

Ya know, I have that same exact feeling. It's almost time...

Welcome!
Old 03-17-2004 | 08:33 PM
Hi_
10th Gear

I think I need the convincing now.
I was pretty much set with the '05 Altima 3.5 SE until my friend
mentioned the TSX to me.

I'm intrigued, but just not enough for me to go with the TSX
Old 03-17-2004 | 08:51 PM
Drifting

Originally posted by Hi_
mentioned the TSX to me.

Have you driven the TSX yet? That will be all the convincing you'll need. Do they even have Altima forums?
Old 03-17-2004 | 10:57 PM
Bye TSX, hello domestic?

Originally posted by Hi_
mentioned the TSX to me.

Has anyone ever cross-shopped these cars?

Looking at the specs for the base SE and comparing to the TSX its missing a lot. Add the 3.5 SE LEATHER SPORT PACKAGE and you are over a MSRP of $27000!?

Certainly you can get a decent deal off a Nissan MSRP, but that's more than my TSX AFTER tax tag and freight! What do you end up w/? A low-tier car that goes fast in a straight line (so does the Neon SRT-4 ) , ugly Nissan interior (its personal opinion but i hated the Maxima and 350Z I sat in
gauge cluster). And you get a car that tons of people will be driving.
Old 03-18-2004 | 12:33 AM
3rd Gear

hey guys i am new to the site.. i am also looking to get a new TSX i am thinking blue or white 6speed with navi. Hopefully i will be getting one in the next couple of months.
Old 03-18-2004 | 08:52 AM
A Saitama Garage

This is definitely a much needed post. I bought my CG/Navi on 3/4 but I had been lurking around these forums before I bought it. The rattles made me nervous, just because this was the most expensive car I had ever bought. But that was soon to be changed...

I owned a '00 Jetta before the TSX. I'll never forget the first time I test drove the TSX. That's all the convincing I needed. I had sold my Jetta private party, so I was free to buy whatever I wanted, and I had test driven the Infiniti G35 and BMW 3 series. Bottomline with those two cars: BMW is too heavy for it's 183hp engine and EVERYTHING feels like a "package" that you have to buy. The Infiniti, well, let's just say that if you go onto their site to build the car, leather and moonroof are options or part of "packages," on what would have ended up being a 35k car.

That's why I bought the TSX, because on average the car ended up costing me about 5k less and it simply drove better. I might be a bit biased since my family loves Hondas, but what can I say, they're great cars. All in all, I absolutely love my car, wouldn't trade it for the world and can't wait to give her her first bath. Cheers.

Also, I completely agree about the Nissan Maxima posts. I refuse to pay 27k for a Nissan that is so commonplace.
Old 03-23-2004 | 07:56 PM
Cruisin'

Brand new and love the site, been an Acura nut since my first one in 1993.
Someone posted they saw an old retired guy in a TSX. I'm a 56 year old retired guy and I'm shopping for a TSX this weekend. I now drive a 99 3.2TL and love the car, but something newer seems to call every few years. I've got two cars lined up to look at next Monday, a 01 CL Type S with 40,000km (24,000 miles) and a TSX with full aero kit. Not sure the wife can live with the aero kit so we'll also look at blue and red TSX's without the spoiler. I'm really torn between the TSX and the CL. Should be an interesting shopping trip.
Old 03-24-2004 | 02:17 PM
HCF
'Insert witty text here'

1 week left!!!

One week until I take delivery of my CG 6MT Rattles shmattles. Once I drove it there was no turning back. Even if I am gonna eat major negative on my 03 GTI, it is all worth it. Bye bye you evil German POS
Old 03-27-2004 | 07:44 AM
Cruisin'

I will be an older TSX driver as well! Took my 6 month-old daughter on the test drive and she loved it too! My SSM/6M will be here in two weeks. No more gravel road shortcuts and NO MINI VAN for this mom.
Old 03-28-2004 | 08:57 PM
TSX Bronco

Originally posted by mcaron
It sure is nice to read that some are happy with their purchase. Most of what I have read so far regarding the TSX on a number of forum are complaints about rattles and crickets. I was consedering purchasing a TSX but was having second thought after reading a number of forums; I am still driving my 91 Accord with 250 000 Km on the odometer...so I was thinking it might be better to go back to an Accord. But after reading your comments I think the TSX will make it back on my short list.
Every car I've ever had has had a minor rattle here and there. It's inevitable. I listen to music 99% of the time in my car anyways, so rattles usually aren't a problem for me

I was looking at an '04 fully loaded Accord 4-cyl while I was shopping but I was hooked in my the extra luxury features and excellent handling of the TSX. I have no regrets at all now. The extra money was well worth it.
Old 04-02-2004 | 05:59 PM
Intermediate

I placed an order for a TL 2 months ago and changed my mind and got into a TSX instead on the same day the TL was being built.

I was originally was going to get the TSX but then changed my mind because I felt I wanted something with more power, thus the TL. As time went on I started thinking what about a car most important to me and as a self proclaimed “car guy” I found that the experience driving the car was the most important thing and that was what I was going to look for in a car. So a few weeks after putting the deposit down on the TL I went back to the dealer and drove the TL again. I was lucky that night and the dealer had both a TL and TSX 6MT demos (AT takes too much away from good driving, sorry AT owners). I drove the TL hard this time because I wanted to make sure I was doing the right thing I thought there was too much pull from the front tires when I took corners. Then I drove the TSX. I found it was a lot like my current car (GSR coupe) and I had a blast in the corners. It felt it was more balanced and in the same turns it handled with ease and predictability. Where in the TL I found I was losing confidence because I didn’t know what the car was going to do.

I chose the TSX over the 330i and TL because the TSX was only marginally slower then my GSR but more then made up for it with the amenities and didn’t go with the 330i because the TSX offered much better value. To help put me over the edge the car is very decorated by industry experts and publications. I can’t wait till it comes in!

To all of you out there thinking of purchasing the vehicle count my vote!
Old 04-02-2004 | 09:16 PM
Burning Brakes

Very well said, Tony...Congrats on the new car
Old 04-04-2004 | 10:15 PM
10th Gear

I completely agree with opinions on the TSX. I've only had mine for about a month (black, 6 speed w/navi and spoiler) and I am so glad I purchased it instead of the overpriced competition....AUDI, BMW, LEXUS. The car performs wonderfully, and has so much more standard equipment then the aforementioned. I originally loved the way the Audi A4 looked (and still do), however, the price tag is ridiculously high for a car that has sub-standard interior design and amenities. My father has the new TL and I have the TSX, best cars we have ever had. Did anyone notice who is on top of Consumer Digests quality and reliability ratings ---ACURA of course. Great car! I can't wait until it rains every week so I can wash it all over again.
Old 04-05-2004 | 06:36 PM
Got Milk???

I have to agree, was skeptical about the 200hp and 166lb of torque when I first saw it, but all my doubts went away when I actually got to hit on the gas pedal and took it out for a spin. Personally, that 200hp felt more like 240hp to me, but correct me if I'm wrong... how many of you feel the same way? Also, I have always wondered how a 4 cylinder engine can be so smooth yet producing the pull of a V6. I would undoubtedly give up a V6 for this 4 pumper.

I took my TSX to the Big Bear Mtn here in southern California this weekend... and wow... I never knew a 4 pumper can pull so strongly going uphill, I was amazed. Least to say, of all the car on the road, I'd say I was going the fastest, ripping through those twisty roads, uphills and downhills. The handling on this car is just phenomonal. Though, I drove the RSX non Type S through the same roads... and felt just a tiny bit less body roll than the TSX. I would imagine that's because the RSX is 500lb less than the TSX, but if you ask me, I'd take the luxury amenities in the TSX any day any time over the RSX. I suppose it all comes down to having more practicality on the TSX. Anyways, just my 2 cent on the TSX, I've been loving it since I bought it in Feb. 2004, and will love it even more for the miles to come

Kevin
Old 04-15-2004 | 11:41 PM
10th Gear

Ok then .. i've had my Honda Accord Euro for 10,000Km or 2 months now ... and

LOVE IT!!!!!!

it's styling ... handling ... power all combine to create one awesome motor vehicle that is dirt cheap compared to alot of higher end/priced vehicles ...

I waited long and hard b4 I traded in my 4wd Mitsubishi Pajero ... almost bought the Mazda6 but i didn't want to fork out 35K for a car that was just NOT BAD!! i wanted more ..

Then came along the EURO I couldn't wait any longer it was the perfect car I had been waiting for all these years ....

anyways went down to the lot and got myself an Artic Blue one ...
it was the first 2004 compliant plate car in Australia wahoo it was meant to be ...

anyways regarding rattles ... haven't had any!!!! but who cares a couple of rattles here and there can be fixed easily in time it's the overall package u should be looking at and believe me .. the Euro/TSX has the total package .... except maybe the sound system but that doesn't matter either cause i've ripped out the factory one and gone aftermarket heheh
Old 04-19-2004 | 09:35 PM
04 remembrance

So in other words:

Yes the TSX has problems, but it can be fixed!

....obviously.

I'm happy with my TSX, but little problems that can be "fixed" are starting to aggravate my patience. Although all or most cars have problems, I'm having one too many with my TSX (Door side rattles, center console, arm rest, and windshield rattle) all before the one-year mark. Oh wells.
Old 04-20-2004 | 07:19 PM
Cruisin'

Finally did it. Purchase my TSX yesterday and picking it up Friday. Can hardly wait
Old 04-26-2004 | 11:04 AM
Cruisin'

Just had order confirmation!

The dealer just called to inform me the PWP TSX 6spd w/Navi is due to be built on May 6, with delivery in late June! Plenty of time to rearrange the garage. Now if I can just convince my wife to let me drive it, too!
Old 04-26-2004 | 11:39 AM
Drifting

Re: Just had order confirmation!

Originally posted by mach58
The dealer just called to inform me the PWP TSX 6spd w/Navi is due to be built on May 6, with delivery in late June! Plenty of time to rearrange the garage. Now if I can just convince my wife to let me drive it, too!
Congrats to both you and mcaron!
Old 04-26-2004 | 06:08 PM
Cruisin'

Picked it up Friday in Québec City (nice sunny day) and drove back home Saturday in freezing rain, snow, slush, 0 visibility for some distance...basically everything nasty mother nature could throw at me! The forecast for saturday was sunny and warm...go figure.

Just loved the ride back home despite the lousy weather. Boy this car sure turns heads around!
Old 04-27-2004 | 09:35 AM
Advanced

Took delivery 4/10 - love the car. Had a '96 GSR that was great but had to sell when I had to take over my ex's '99 Miata which I sold at a loss and had to sell the Integra to cover the loss. Got a generic '00 TL. Liked the V6 power - mediocre handling. The TSX is a good blend of the 2. If it was a bit quicker it would be even better.. 6mt is so slick and smooth compared to the GSR. Silver/black - never had a silver car - I have no rattles, or problems - engine doesn't start quick - is that normal?
- If I wind it out a bit, the shifting requires a different coordination with the throttle than normal around town cruising but I am adjusting. When it is broken in more I want to get on it. Supposedly 0-60 in 7.2 which is about what my GSR did.
If you are at low rpm in second and rpm too high for first, it is a bit doggy. Perhaps a turbo will come out for it soon heh heh.
All in all - a sweet car. Better skid pad #'s than RSX I think .85
I am looking forward to getting some summer rubber tho - maybe Yok EVS-100 as the Michelins get bad reviews by Tire Rack users and the dealer told me to rotate regularly as they will wear out fast.
Old 04-28-2004 | 01:40 PM
Health's Angels

Re: Seriously about to get a TSX, but...

Originally posted by JH4CL96
Hi..

And anyone trade in/up a former Acura V6 for a TSX? How's the 4Cyl feel compaired to your ol' one?

..just wondering.

later..
I have a 2001 CL-S that I'm thinking about trading in for something new. I'll probably get flamed for saying this, but the CL-S has more power than I need or even want ~ It's just way too easy for me to speed! Also, I've got a long body and I don;t find the CL comfortable for long trips. The TSX looks like it might be a better fit for me, and 200HP is just right, though I'm not sure about a high revving 4 cyl.. I love how the CL only revs at 1200 going down the TCH at 120.

Its only got 13,000 kms on it, never winter driven. Any idea what its worth on a trade? I'm thinking $28-30k Cdn, since the 2003 CL-S's are going for $38k new (they were just discounted $4k from $42)

I'm also looking at Mazda 6 GT, Passat, BMW 320i
Old 04-28-2004 | 01:43 PM
Drifting

Re: Re: Seriously about to get a TSX, but...

Originally posted by GINge!
I have a 2001 CL-S that I'm thinking about trading in for something new. I'll probably get flamed for saying this, but the CL-S has more power than I need or even want ~ It's just way too easy for me to speed! Also, I've got a long body and I don;t find the CL comfortable for long trips. The TSX looks like it might be a better fit for me, and 200HP is just right, though I'm not sure about a high revving 4 cyl.. I love how the CL only revs at 1200 going down the TCH at 120.
I came from a 2001 CL-S and I have no regrets!
Old 04-28-2004 | 01:48 PM
Advanced

Its only got 13,000 kms on it, never winter driven. Any idea what its worth on a trade? I'm thinking $28-30k Cdn, since the 2003 CL-S's are going for $38k new (they were just discounted $4k from $42)

I'm also looking at Mazda 6 GT, Passat, BMW 320i
Don't be concerned over the TSX'x 4. It is smooth as can be abnd thoug the refs are up on the highway you don't notice it.
Old 04-30-2004 | 11:22 AM
6th Gear

It's just way too easy for me to speed!
I don't think the TSX is gonna help much in this category!

Quick Reply: Are you thinking of purchasing a TSX?