Are you thinking of purchasing a TSX?

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2003, 08:15 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Offtopics: Mr Chad that is a nice accord you got there.
Old 12-24-2003, 01:32 AM
Intermediate

Funny how my G-Friend and I were talking about the rattles and complaints today, then I came home and read this post. She's most deffinatly going to purchase a TSX if she can talk herself into spending $28g's (6sp Navi). Good post though, with a very good point, however, even though we were talking about the issues, it really doesnt seem to scare her away from the car, being the die-hard honda fan's we are, we've got much faith that any issues would be handled properly by the dealer.

I've got a 2002 Acura RSX-S, #011039 purchased 10/12/01 and its been a great car, granted its had its own issues as well, its never made me re-think my purchasing decision, not one thought, I would deffinalty do it over and over agian, no doubts. I got the car somewhat early and it has had some problems, but overall its the best of the 8 honda's/acura's I've owned ove the past 6 years, and deffinatly the best of all the many mazda's, nissan's, and other imports I've owned.

The engine/tranny bring a smile to my face just thinking about them. , yes I'm a cheeze ball, anyway, good post with good points!
Old 12-24-2003, 02:18 PM
I kAnt Spel guD

Originally posted by MoMocedes
Offtopics: Mr Chad that is a nice accord you got there.
Thanks, hopefully a TSX of my wife's can sit next too it one day
Old 12-29-2003, 03:28 PM
7th Gear

I would really like to buy a TSX...but alas, I must admit I've been scared away by the rattle issue. I've had rattle traps before and the rattles just drove me crazy. Too bad though, I can't seem to find anything else out there that is as appealing otherwise...

I had purposely avoided this site for months hoping when I returned I would hear encouraging words but I see the poll indicates 67% report rattles. Bummed.

Guess I'll check back in a few more months...
Old 12-31-2003, 08:53 PM
Instructor

Excellent post. I can't believe the negative stuff on these boards.

I don't have a single squeek or rattle.

I went shopping for a car for my wife, and I tell you I will never
buy junk again. I had no idea cars were this good. After
owning the TSX, the Mazda 6 and Altima are junk to me.
I told my wife I can't buy for her, I can't buy junk again.

I have my car 9K miles and 6 months. I love being in it.
The competence, driver position, smooth and silkyness, it's
all very sexy. I get stares, mostly women, older women
roll down windows at lights and ask what is that.
The neighbor kid came to the door just to say how
beautiful it was.

I turn off everything, fan and radio and just listen to the
quite sometimes.

It has more than enough power and the auto with manual
shift is perfect. It's not g-froces into you seat
powerful, it is fast.
The BMW auto shifter is a joke and G35
was not so good, the TSX really works.

I look outside to the driveway to see the sun explode
off the white pearl. Yeah I love this car, is that bad, it's a thing?
There is no buyer remorse in fact the opposite,
just more respect for it the longer I've owned it.

Now there are some things that can be improved. There are
parameters where mass market qualities may not be optimum
for me.
I have put in EBC front brake pads from Tire Rack and stopping
is much improved. I don't care if I change them every 40K miles,
I want the best stopping.
I put in comptech rear bar and can't say
if it is better or not for me, it is different. The tires are not
performance, they are touring tires. They slip in the wet.
I put on two P245/45R17 Pirelli Pzero Nero and will get two more soon. The car just has a better attitude with these slightly
wider tires, they are about .25" wider and same height.
I have two because I cut one Michelin on a road hazard.

Next I really think this car needs to be lower, it has body
roll. I am getting the comptech springs next. The only other
item I NEED is the comptech header and I may do K&N cold
air intake because the good dyno results, hey it works.
I wouldn't mind just a little more exhaust note, just a little,
if a less expensive exhaust comes out I might try one. I am having a muffler shop remove
the center resonator in the meantime.
Old 01-01-2004, 06:16 PM
Cruisin'

I love my TSX! I bought it October 2nd and it has about 5000 miles. Yeah, I had a windshield rattle, which I didn't notice until I turned my stereo down. I took it to the dealer and they fixed it right the first time. It's quiet, built with quality, and it can move when I need it to. No regrets here!
Old 01-01-2004, 06:53 PM
2nd Gear

Seriously about to get a TSX, but...

Hi..

I'm already an Acura owner for the past 15years, so OK - I'm already sold on the quality of the product so far. But the TSX is a first year production (OK I know it's been in Europe, etc). I've looked around the TSX Forum and found about the only complant has been the rattles.. Any link (i.e. TSBs that its been fixed)?

And hows that voice recognition Nav System been for those that have been living with it for a few months? >Enjoying it? or >Giving up!

And anyone trade in/up a former Acura V6 for a TSX? How's the 4Cyl feel compaired to your ol' one?

..just wondering.

Oh yeah, anyone get one around SW CT (DevanAcura - Greenwich Acura) just wondering - AGAIN.. I'd appreciate your thoughts about those dealers.

Thanks Again for anything you can contribute.. but (damn) I like this car!

later..
Old 01-01-2004, 07:36 PM
More On

Re: Seriously about to get a TSX, but...

Originally posted by JH4CL96
.....And anyone trade in/up a former Acura V6 for a TSX? How's the 4Cyl feel compaired to your ol' one?.....
Yes, I traded my '03 TL-S for the TSX, and lemme tell ya, it's like trading a Sugar Bowl for a Rose Bowl!

I never had a 4-cyl car before. And if I didn't know the TSX was a 4..... well, I wouldn't know it was a 4.
Old 01-01-2004, 09:32 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Re: Seriously about to get a TSX, but...

Originally posted by JH4CL96

And anyone trade in/up a former Acura V6 for a TSX? How's the 4Cyl feel compaired to your ol' one?
I have had a CL-S as well as many other Acura/Honda products which had different I4's than the TSX. This is the best I4 I have driven from Honda ... and yes for my tast better than my Integra GSR, better than my RSX-S, and even better than the S2000 (great engine, just not a daily driver IMHO).

Now about comparing it to the 3.2 in the CL-S ... let's just say I don't wanna go there. I really miss that engine big time to be blatently honest. Does that mean I should have waited for a $35K '04 TL? Nah ... but it does mean it was tough to look away from some excellent sub-30K deals on '03 TL-S's when I got my TSX Right Tinky??
Old 01-02-2004, 04:19 PM
Intermediate

I'm planning on buying a TSX in 2 years. When my lease of my RSX will be over.

Don't make the same mistake that I made, go for a TSX at the beginning
Old 01-03-2004, 05:19 PM
1st Gear

I Just put a deposit down on a CG/6MT/Navi....should take delivery by the end of the month. Minor squeaks and rattles are one thing, but blown trannies frighten me--maybe enough to retract my deposit and shop elsewhere. Anyone have any words of encouragment??
Old 01-04-2004, 11:57 AM
Racer

Originally posted by Fitz
I Just put a deposit down on a CG/6MT/Navi....should take delivery by the end of the month. Minor squeaks and rattles are one thing, but blown trannies frighten me--maybe enough to retract my deposit and shop elsewhere. Anyone have any words of encouragment??
There were approximately 3 or 4 people posting about blown trannies here. Another mountain out of a molehill deal.
Old 01-07-2004, 04:28 PM
04 remembrance

Originally posted by Fitz
Blown trannies, indeed, it is scary, but the odds of it happening to you is lower than the knicks being the nba finalist. don't worry too much, it's like worrying about a accident that hasn't even occured - yet, j/k.
Old 01-17-2004, 01:17 AM
5th Gear

Question another acura??

Hey ya'll. I am so glad I found this board as I am once again car shopping.

Anyhow, I swore off Acuras after my 00' TL that had more problems then we could account for. After all the problems it had itself I got caught in a hail storm and did 5k damage to the car, had it fixed which took over a month... We promptly traded the vehicle in within a week of having it back from the repairs. (Traded it in for my dads Lexus GS300, and I got the Chevy trailblazer that my dad had for a month) One of the service representatives at Acura recommend we trade the car in, even if it wasn't for a new Acura. Which is even more appalling then the problems the car had. (However, I applaud the honesty of the service representative.)

But once again I’m looking to trade in my car. (The trailblazer is ending up to be a big pile of junk) I would like to get a 4 door that has the extra bells and whistles I had in the TL. However, there isn't much in the market under 30k that has tons of bells and whistles. So, I decided to look at the TSX; and pray that the last Acura I had was a lemon.

Are the rattles I’ve read about fixed on the first try? Or is it an ongoing problem? (If I want rattles I will keep the trailblazer)

Have there been any major mechanical problems?

And does the air conditioner posses a nasty fish smell?

Thanks ya'll.
Old 01-17-2004, 02:00 PM
Intermediate

Re: another acura??

Originally posted by CarsDislikeMe
I would like to get a 4 door that has the extra bells and whistles I had in the TL. However, there isn't much in the market under 30k that has tons of bells and whistles. So, I decided to look at the TSX; and pray that the last Acura I had was a lemon.
http://www.edmunds.com/future/2005/v...enav..2.Volvo*

If you weren't too concerned about the "A" badge (read:luxury badging), then you might also consider the Mazda 6s. For roughly the same price, you can get a nicely loaded 6s (my gf's 6i is tons of fun to drive).
Old 01-17-2004, 03:23 PM
Instructor

Re: Re: another acura??

Originally posted by CharlieDigital
http://www.edmunds.com/future/2005/v...enav..2.Volvo*

If you weren't too concerned about the "A" badge (read:luxury badging), then you might also consider the Mazda 6s. For roughly the same price, you can get a nicely loaded 6s (my gf's 6i is tons of fun to drive).
Do you also drive a TSX ? Because I found the Mazda 6
awful when going from my TSX to test drive a 6 for my
wife.

Tim
Old 01-22-2004, 03:34 PM
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yes, I'll be buying a TSX (instead of a TL) - as soon as the 2005's are available.
Old 01-27-2004, 01:09 PM
10th Gear

Props to the TSX
Old 01-30-2004, 08:55 PM
6th Gear

Bought a Mazda 6s instead. (v6)
Both cars are sweet though
I'm supprised at the body of that new Volvo that was posted , everyone is looking similar !!!!

http://community.webtv.net/SICKSESS/doc
Old 02-04-2004, 12:05 AM
04 remembrance

Originally posted by 04[\[\azda6s
Bought a Mazda 6s instead. (v6)
Both cars are sweet though
I'm supprised at the body of that new Volvo that was posted , everyone is looking similar !!!!

eh, i don't think mazda 6's are sweet. i think they're ugly as hell. but just my opinion, congrats on your purchase.
Old 02-07-2004, 10:06 AM
Banned

I am a propect. I wanted to replace my Accord 1999 EX-L with a TSX. I really enjoyed my numerous test-drives. But doing 30000 miles a year, I hesitate. The TSX is hard on gas and requires premium. I have tried to settle on a Mazda6, but in its 4 cyl. version it was not convincing. Then came the TL2004 (of course harder on fuel). Confusion still prevails in my head. I have 1000$ to put on my car. I don't have rattles in my 120K Accord and I don't want them in a new car. This 67% answer in the poll is scary. In the same time, the TSX is one of the best appreciated cars among Edmunds's owners reviews.

Still watching.
Old 02-07-2004, 10:21 AM
Advanced

No compaints - zip, zero, nada. No squeaks rattles or rolls. I've had it since September. 7k miles.
Old 02-07-2004, 11:24 AM
Cruisin'

I love my TSX. I would definitely purchase it again. I did have a rattle, but it was fixed right the first time. I purchased mine in October and have 7000 miles on it now and still going strong!
Old 02-08-2004, 01:07 AM
Intermediate

Jason.........Thanks from me also for the words of encouragement concerning the TSX. As an RSX Type S owner I've been thinking about stepping up in terms of room and luxury. Just today I was at the Acura dealer for the second time sitting in one and getting the feel and enjoying that great smell inside....:-). The next time I'll go for a drive. I still like my RSX but I'm probably one of the older dudes on this site so I'm eager to get a bit more "cush" with my performance. Thanks again.
Old 02-08-2004, 06:09 PM
6th Gear

Originally posted by iamhomin
eh, i don't think mazda 6's are sweet. i think they're ugly as hell. but just my opinion, congrats on your purchase.
It's strange that you say that because both cars look very similar !! Almost like saying the TSX is ugly , no ?
Old 02-08-2004, 06:54 PM
Sile

It's strange that you say that because both cars look very similar !! Almost like saying the TSX is ugly , no ?
Maybe the grill area, but thats about it.
Old 02-09-2004, 05:40 PM
04 remembrance

in some ways it does share some resemblence, but no.

it's like the ugly-look-a-like for some actor/actress. yeah, they do "sort" of look alike, but nothing compared to the real thing, heh. kapisH!?

TSX Rules.
Old 02-10-2004, 05:30 PM
6th Gear

WOW !!!! Thanks !

Old 02-11-2004, 10:04 AM
STL
Three Wheelin'

To answer the subject line of the thread, Yes I am -- but Acura needs to change a couple things before I finally decide on a TSX. First they need to make good use of the power driver's seat and add a couple memory settings to it. Second, they need to change sixth gear to make it a better crusing gear. That should help with highway fuel economy. When you think about it, it's really stupid that the 6MT gets worse gas milage than the 5AT (which has one less gear).
Old 02-11-2004, 10:49 AM
dom
Senior Moderator

Received 801 Likes on 662 Posts
About a month ago my wife and I were discussing what type of car we'd like for our next vehicle. I figured she'd first say an SUV. To my amazement she said "How about another TSX" to which I swiftly answered, "As long as its a White/Ebony with a 6MT"

Although we probly won't get another one as we do need a small SUV, just the fact that a current owner and his wife who knows nothing about cars seriously thought about another must tell you something about what kind of car it is.
Old 02-11-2004, 09:43 PM
Advanced

I am probably going to get a TSX within the next couple of months. It will be my first car of my own!!!! I think I am going to go with arctic blue. I read somewhere that there are waitlists, is that still so? Has acura addressed the rattling issue? I can't wait for this car, it seems like the perfect blend between a RSX and a TL!
Old 02-12-2004, 02:18 PM
Team Owner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally posted by ZBJZ15
it seems like the perfect blend between a RSX and a TL!
And hence the name "TSX"
Old 02-12-2004, 02:37 PM
Team Owner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I read somewhere that there are waitlists, is that still so?
Acura has announced that they will increase production. By how much, I'm not sure. There are certain color and transmission combinations that are more desirable and result in longer waits. Availability is also dependent on your geographic location. My advice to you is to determine what color and tranny you want and then contact a couple of dealerships local to you. Alternately, some dealers allow you to look at their new vehicle inventory on-line.

Has acura addressed the rattling issue? I can't wait for this car, it seems like the perfect blend between a RSX and a TL!
I haven't read or seen anything conclusively stating that Acura has taken steps on the production line to eliminate rattles. Based on the posts on this board Acura is addressing the rattles individually when people take their TSXs to the dealer but with varying levels of success. Also, not all the TSXs have rattles. People who don't have rattles do not complain about not having them. There have been more than 20,000 units produced by now. Of the more than 5000 members on this board how many have rattles? Anyways, I think rattles are an issue but I don't think its a big enough issue to prevent you from buying the TSX.
Old 02-12-2004, 06:17 PM
Advanced

Thanks. I am going to get the automatic tranny with out navigation in arctic blue. Is the blue a popular color?
Old 02-14-2004, 12:18 AM
Intermediate

Dudes...I just came from the Club TSX website. You should see how irate those guys are with this entire rattle thing. One guy was so distracted trying to locate the noise while driving that he sideswiped another car.......UGH!!!!!!!
They want to start a movement to contact Acura and get this stuff taken care of ....Pronto.
Another guy said his tranny was grinding when going into first or reverse. The dealer immediately accused him of ruining the clutch and said that it wasn't under warranty.......Ouch! He's FURIOUS!
Should I really unload my 02 RSX for a TSX????????????
Old 02-14-2004, 10:38 AM
Sile

Originally posted by Johnny
Dudes...I just came from the Club TSX website. You should see how irate those guys are with this entire rattle thing. One guy was so distracted trying to locate the noise while driving that he sideswiped another car.......UGH!!!!!!!
They want to start a movement to contact Acura and get this stuff taken care of ....Pronto.
Another guy said his tranny was grinding when going into first or reverse. The dealer immediately accused him of ruining the clutch and said that it wasn't under warranty.......Ouch! He's FURIOUS!
Should I really unload my 02 RSX for a TSX????????????
I just picked up my tsx and havent noticed anything to complain about. The car is awesome. IMO it is just so much more of a car, I think youll be happy with it.
Old 02-27-2004, 04:47 PM
8th Gear

I just got my new TSX Premium White Pearl 6 speed!!! The car is amazing and much more than I ever expected.

I have not noticed any problems with it yet. This website and the other TSX website made me almost cancel my order when I started reading about all the problems. I am so glad I did not change my mind. No one interested in this car should stop themselves because of the rattle posts along with the other issues posted. These discussions while real problems are likely the minority and not the majority. This truly is a great car and would be a shame to steer someone away based on those concerns solely.
Old 02-28-2004, 12:24 AM
Drifting

Originally posted by kstatematt
I just got my new TSX Premium White Pearl 6 speed!!! The car is amazing and much more than I ever expected.

I have not noticed any problems with it yet. This website and the other TSX website made me almost cancel my order when I started reading about all the problems. I am so glad I did not change my mind. No one interested in this car should stop themselves because of the rattle posts along with the other issues posted. These discussions while real problems are likely the minority and not the majority. This truly is a great car and would be a shame to steer someone away based on those concerns solely.
Welcome and good luck with the car!
Old 02-29-2004, 10:07 AM
Advanced

Hi everyone - I am a newbie at this so please bear with me. I currently drive a 92 Civic EX Coupe with a 134K on it. My wife has a 2001 Accord EX Coupe...I am seriously considering a TSX but the rattles issue scares the heck out of me. I am tempted to wait for the 2005 model but I may not have the time as I really dont want to put any more $$ (timing belt needed) into the Civic. I love the TSX and have driven it. If I am going to get a car shortly, I may simply get a Civic sedan ( I may be the only guy corss shopping these two vehicles) as the new Accord exterior is not my favorite.

This forum has been a great resource....any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks!
Old 02-29-2004, 10:32 AM
Drifting

Originally posted by Foolish Pleasure
Hi everyone - I am a newbie at this so please bear with me. I currently drive a 92 Civic EX Coupe with a 134K on it. My wife has a 2001 Accord EX Coupe...I am seriously considering a TSX but the rattles issue scares the heck out of me. I am tempted to wait for the 2005 model but I may not have the time as I really dont want to put any more $$ (timing belt needed) into the Civic. I love the TSX and have driven it. If I am going to get a car shortly, I may simply get a Civic sedan ( I may be the only guy corss shopping these two vehicles) as the new Accord exterior is not my favorite.

This forum has been a great resource....any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks!
Get the TSX! The rattles (if you even have them) are no big deal. Don't forget the car is under warranty for a long time.

Quick Reply: Are you thinking of purchasing a TSX?