who uses a radar?

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2007, 08:49 PM
When HONDA was KING

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Best Valentine one Hardwire

hondatrain this is the easiest and absolute best way to accomplish the Hardwire on the Valentine one. Thanks for this post. The other methods in this forum seem crazy in comparison. I just completed my hardwire which took me about 1 hour from start to finish. I am so grateful for your insight.
To all who want to accomplish this install your search should end here. This method is perfect.
Originally Posted by hondatrain
Ok. I just hardwired my radar through my mirror connection. Didn’t feel like buying a bunch of extra stuff like longer wire and connectors.

Here is how it was done in case anyone is interested. Took all of 20 minutes. And let me tell you, if this girl can do it, anyone can.

Remove both of the light lenses by prying them out with a flat head screwdriver wrapped in something like a cloth (to protect from scratching). Remove the 2 screws beside each light. Open the sunglass holder. There you will see 2 bolts. Remove them. (That was the part that took the longest) Gently pull the housing down. You can disconnect the wires on the driver (gray) and passenger side (green) to make it easier to work around. Follow the wires that supply the mirror and strip the plastic wrap. Enclosed you will find 3 wires; an all black, a black with a yellow stripe, and a black with a white stripe. The black and yellow is what you want to tap your hot wire into. After that, take your ground wire and attach it to a screw when you reconnect the housing.

Very simple IMo, and now I don’t have to look at that red thing in the bottom compartment.

Old 07-06-2007, 09:42 PM
Race Director

wow 2 yr old thread revival

anyways, i have a radar and put it high.
Old 07-07-2007, 08:02 AM
Pro

For radar detection, higher is better. For laser detection, they say that closer to your license plate and headlights - therefore, the lower - the better. But since if your license plate has been zapped, you're toast already anyways - I don't really buy that. The way I see it, your only hope is getting errant laser pulses from the cars ahead of you getting hit, and so then maybe higher is better for that, too. Bottom line - my V1 is mounted to the left of the mirror, just slightly below the dark tint line. This way, the V1's rear antenna has a clear view out the back, too. And due to the high location, and the tint, the RD is pretty well hidden from view, too.