Where are the TSX factories in Japan?

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2004, 06:01 PM
Baka Unco

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Where are the TSX factories in Japan?

Sorry for what's 99% likely to be a repost but search came back with too many results. . .

Where are the Japanese plants?
Old 10-07-2004, 06:55 PM
Tuxedo Cat

TSXs are made in the Honda Sayama plant, in the Saitama prefecture. About 30 miles NW of Tokyo. The factory (like most in the region) is linked directly to the port of Yokohama by rail.

Not sure if this plant makes all the Euro Accord variants sold around the world, but it does appear to be the sole source of TSXs.

http://www.japan-101.com/geography/g...re_saitama.htm

Plant name appears on the window sticker for every car sold. I've never seen one which didn't come from that plant.

Of course, many of the components are certainly made at other locations and shipped to Sayama for final assembly.
Old 10-08-2004, 10:38 AM
Baka Unco

Originally Posted by VeniceBeachTSX
TSXs are made in the Honda Sayama plant, in the Saitama prefecture. About 30 miles NW of Tokyo. The factory (like most in the region) is linked directly to the port of Yokohama by rail.

Not sure if this plant makes all the Euro Accord variants sold around the world, but it does appear to be the sole source of TSXs.

http://www.japan-101.com/geography/g...re_saitama.htm

Plant name appears on the window sticker for every car sold. I've never seen one which didn't come from that plant.

Of course, many of the components are certainly made at other locations and shipped to Sayama for final assembly.
Thanks for the info . I'll check my window sticker later to make sure it's the same place.

You don't happen to know if they give tours do you? I know I can go on a tour of one of the Toyota plants in/near Nagoya and I'll be staying there so that's easy, but. . . if I could tour the plant where my car was actually made it might be worth the trip up there.
Old 10-08-2004, 11:59 AM
Tuxedo Cat

Doesn't say anything on their website. I suspect not, but no idea how you'd check.

http://world.honda.com/SaitamaFactory/
Old 10-08-2004, 01:44 PM
Advanced

not much is worth taking a trip to saitama... talk about a boring area

sorry to anyone who lives in saitama
Old 10-08-2004, 03:16 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by omelette
what do you mean ? like it's a greasy blue-collar auto town ? if you been there and have some insights, share with us.
Old 10-08-2004, 04:29 PM
Baka Unco

I guess for me it won't really matter, I'm going to be there over (Japan) over New Years and basically everything is closed that week anyway. I just found out Toyota isn't doing the tours during that time.

Maybe next time. . .
Old 10-08-2004, 06:31 PM
Tuxedo Cat

Originally Posted by omelette

Yeah, visiting there is sort of like going to Marysville Ohio...

Old 10-09-2004, 08:25 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by VeniceBeachTSX
Yeah, visiting there is sort of like going to Marysville Ohio...

hey I used to live by marysville! Maybe I'm drawn to towns with Honda plants??

Originally Posted by blackjackman
what do you mean ? like it's a greasy blue-collar auto town ? if you been there and have some insights, share with us.
First of all Saitama is a prefecture, so lots of towns.

I didn't live in Saitama, but I visited for a few days.. and there just isn't much there. However, I was there,probably last year september-ish? At which point I didn't have my TSX so I didn't even think to make a trip to the factory (-_-)

As for the area: The region is like 35-45 min North(Northwest? I could never tell on the train ) of Tokyo by train at the closest, some parts are farther. So basically for entertainment, people go to Tokyo to party.
Ask any japanese person, it's kinda known as the "hick" area of japan (Being from Ohio I'd equate it to the image ohioans hold of rural Kentucky or southeastern Ohio). There's a japanese word "dasai" which means "primitive; unsophisticated; out of fashion" and it's derived from a saying "da kara saitama da mon" which was used alot by girls in tokyo (and eventually spread all around japan) because the girls from saitama would go to shinjuku and buy the fashions that were like 6+ months out of style because they were cheaper and still "cool" in Saitama. However, from my short stay there I can tell you the people are really nice in the area and aside from the lack of anything to do it's not a bad place...but most people wouldn't have it on their list of places to visit when going to japan, esp. for a short trip.
Hope that gives you a little background about the area
Old 10-09-2004, 02:54 PM
Banned

oh great our tsx are built by a bunch of japanese hicks...problly got terrible chinese food there