Where to buy OEM wiper refills

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2010, 04:26 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Where to buy OEM wiper refills

Rather than try something else, I'd rather just stick with what has worked for the past 2 years. I figure a couple of years in a climate where a typical summer day is 105, I'm not going to get much better. Not only that, I like the slim look of the OEM blade and many have complained about the Rain-X blades skipping, etc.

Where can I order both the driver and passenger side OEM Blade refills? I found them on E-Bay for about $20 for both sides.

Also, is it easy to replace them? I took a brief look and I couldn't figure it out. I'm not mechanically challenged, rather I didn't look very closely at the blades as it was raining.

So is $20 for both sides OK? Also, a quick tutorial on how to remove the old blades and slide in the new ones. Again, I'm not buying the whole arm, I just want the slim wipers.

Thanks in advance...
Old 01-04-2010, 04:28 PM
LIST/RAMEN/WING MAHSTA 짱

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Try Tim@hondaacuraworld.com, our vendor. Or, you can also try your local stealer?
Old 01-04-2010, 04:58 PM
J M U ... DUUUKEESSSS

Received 266 Likes on 131 Posts
Got mine from Bernardi ACURA Parts for 16$ shipped last month

Look for the DIY for replacing the wipers, follow those instructions and you'll be fine. It was pretty easy
Old 01-04-2010, 07:51 PM
Ex-King of Pasadena

The dealer charged me $15.XX for that.

The Service Department guy even installed it for me for free. lol. took it less than 10 mins to do it..
Old 01-05-2010, 08:04 AM
Old Guy

Received 161 Likes on 141 Posts
Originally Posted by msmching
The dealer charged me $15.XX for that.

The Service Department guy even installed it for me for free. lol. took it less than 10 mins to do it..
Good tip here. The money will be about the same, and I'm pretty sure if you just drive in, most dealers will send somone out to change them for you in a timely manner. It's goodwill for them; you'll tell the tale, and the dealer wants you to come back.
Old 01-05-2010, 08:39 AM
Racer

The problem is the dealer is 150 miles from me and the blades are already shot.
Old 01-05-2010, 09:16 AM
Intermediate

i got mine from the dealership. they were honda parts. probably can get the same part from honda. don't know what part # it is but someone will im sure. you can always call and ask also. Im thinkin a honda dealer is closer to ya?
Old 01-05-2010, 11:53 AM
10th Gear

Originally Posted by Wolfy
i got mine from the dealership. they were honda parts. probably can get the same part from honda. don't know what part # it is but someone will im sure. you can always call and ask also. Im thinkin a honda dealer is closer to ya?
You can get them at any Honda/Acura dealer. Hopefully there's a Honda one close to you. I bought them for $11.xx OTD
Old 01-05-2010, 12:50 PM
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
You can get them from any Honda or Acura dealer. I got mine from my local Acura dealer for $15.xx (the Honda dealer was out of stock, but they were $2-3 cheaper). The parts given to me by the Acura dealership were Honda parts with Honda part numbers (76622-SEA-J11 and 76632-SEC-A11, don't remember which is which).

As for doing it yourself, it's pretty easy. I tried following the tutorial on this site, but it kind of got confusing after a while (it's too long). I'm mechanically inclined, having spent 4 years as a Tactical Aircraft mechanic in the military and having always done all my own maintenance (including removing and replacing the tranny in my old MX-6).

I would suggest you remove the wiper blade assembly (there is a clip you press down and then pull down, if the wiper is vertical). After you remove it, find the site of the blade that says "Lock" (there is a Tip and Lock side). After you found it, take a very small, flathead screwdriver and pry JUST THE RUBBER up on the tip end, over the plastic clip. I tried doing as the photo showed in the DIY and broke a piece of the clip. After both sides of the lock have been released from the clips, just pull the blade out.

Now, remove the two metal spines and insert them in the new wiper blade. Push the TIP end in through the same side where the Lock end was before, and slide all the way to the end, ensuring the medal spines stay in place. The blade will easily slide down and will the Lock end will lock in place. Done!

It seriously took me 2 minutes to do on the second blade, after I learned from the first not to pry the lock end up, but to just pull the piece of rubber over the clips.
Old 01-05-2010, 01:40 PM
Intermediate

yeah same here.. they are super easy to do and are better blades in my opinion then aftermarket ones. once you figure out how they are removed, its really easy. pick the small blade to do 1st its easier

Good job on the part numbers!!! i hope there is a honda dealer closer for him to go to
Old 01-05-2010, 03:40 PM
Make a hole, coming thru!

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by tftimm
Rather than try something else, I'd rather just stick with what has worked for the past 2 years. I figure a couple of years in a climate where a typical summer day is 105, I'm not going to get much better. Not only that, I like the slim look of the OEM blade and many have complained about the Rain-X blades skipping, etc.

Where can I order both the driver and passenger side OEM Blade refills? I found them on E-Bay for about $20 for both sides.

Also, is it easy to replace them? I took a brief look and I couldn't figure it out. I'm not mechanically challenged, rather I didn't look very closely at the blades as it was raining.

So is $20 for both sides OK? Also, a quick tutorial on how to remove the old blades and slide in the new ones. Again, I'm not buying the whole arm, I just want the slim wipers.

Thanks in advance...
Clearly you haven't looked at the DIY index. I have a thread that shows you what the manual doesn't (more detail) for blade replacement. BTW, I can now remove the "lock" end of the blade without a screwdriver, it helps if you've done it before.

$20 is through the roof. You should be able to get them online from Honda or Acura dealers for $5-$7 each. I usually order 2 of each, and an engine air filter.

Last edited by davidspalding; 01-05-2010 at 03:43 PM.
Old 01-06-2010, 07:39 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by davidspalding
Clearly you haven't looked at the DIY index. I have a thread that shows you what the manual doesn't (more detail) for blade replacement. BTW, I can now remove the "lock" end of the blade without a screwdriver, it helps if you've done it before.

$20 is through the roof. You should be able to get them online from Honda or Acura dealers for $5-$7 each. I usually order 2 of each, and an engine air filter.
Your DIY is the reason I broke one of the little clips that hold the Lock end in the blade assembly, specifically because of this pic:

I now realize that the metal spine is not all the way to the end, so you must have pulled it from the other side.

My solution, for the second blade removal, was to just make sure the two Lock divets, on the Lock end of the blade, were pulled up from the clips, and then the blade slid out nice and easily. But, the metal spine was what broke the clip when I tried to lift it.

I'm not blaming you, I'm just saying that I tried to do it as shown in your pic and it didn't work for me. No big deal, tho, as I just put the blade in from the other side and locked it to two good clips on the other end.
Old 01-06-2010, 09:33 AM
Make a hole, coming thru!

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Ah. I see how my pic might lead to someone breaking one of the clps ... I basically used the screwdriver (later an orangewood manicure stick) to hold down the fold-able rubber and let the blade slide out. Without that, it was really tough to get the blade out over it. But it looks like I was popping the blade out rather than sliding it out. Apparently I got lucky with the splines.

I'll definitely look into updating the pic with a modified version soon.
Old 01-06-2010, 11:46 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by davidspalding
Ah. I see how my pic might lead to someone breaking one of the clps ... I basically used the screwdriver (later an orangewood manicure stick) to hold down the fold-able rubber and let the blade slide out. Without that, it was really tough to get the blade out over it. But it looks like I was popping the blade out rather than sliding it out. Apparently I got lucky with the splines.

I'll definitely look into updating the pic with a modified version soon.
Yeah, that might help others in the future.

As for me, I just took a very small flat-head and popped the rubber up from the clips on each side of the Lock end. After that, I just pulled the wiper insert from that end and it came out smooth as can be. I then inserted the metal spines into the new refil and just inserted it, Tip end frist (it slid in smooth as butter) until it locked.
Old 01-06-2010, 01:23 PM
4th Gear

Smile

Originally Posted by tftimm

Thanks in advance...
The part# you want are: 76632-S7S-J01 (Left 400mm) and 76622-SDA-A01 (Right 650mm), they are about 3.82 and 3.52 + shp online. The total should be about 15 at yourhondaparts.com
Old 12-07-2019, 06:29 AM
Advanced

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
FYI if you guys are getting gouged by your local acura dealer (mine is charging $15 for one refill jesus), i purchased some cheap refills on amazon shipped from china. Search for 26 inch wiper refill and 16 inch refill. These two below are the ones i purchased.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B074P3V5T2/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1 https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B074P3V5T2/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B074NWXTFM/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1 https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B074NWXTFM/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1