What's the worst INSULT you've gotten about your TSX?

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2006, 02:28 AM
I can't find my garage

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
those who are jealous-"TL wannabe"

those with integras and civic-"family sized RSX"

from both my cousins(with audi a4 and bmw 325i)-"It's a little japanese car"

from my uncle(who always buys euro/V6/V8 cars)-"that car's weak!"

from my parents-"ehh~"
Old 08-31-2006, 07:21 AM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
er... got this one last night.

"What, your headlights don't come on automatically at night? Even my 15k GM whatever it was does that!"
Old 08-31-2006, 07:50 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by blktsx23
yah all my friends say is how he can rape me in his RX-7....
tell him he won't be raping anything when his engine is recalled.
Old 08-31-2006, 08:03 AM
No-navi, yo

Originally Posted by CometVR4
Hmm...I got a V6

I'm talking about a Navi TSX vs a Non Navi TL

Thats why I don't see why Honda is making a 4-Door Civic SI b/c you can get a Non Navi TSX for a little more and have the same amount of power.
Some pepole, like myself, actually preferred a 4-cylinder engine...

I am still intrigued by your phrase "For as much as you pay for TSX...". Why did you say that right before saying there is $3,000 difference while the phrase means "same price"? Didn't you contradict yourself ?

But you certainly have interesting way to look at things by comparing Navi TSX and non-Navi-TL . I will leave you alone.
Old 08-31-2006, 08:09 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by formerRSX-S
tell him he won't be raping anything when his engine is recalled. Yeah that's right......ENGINE recall.
http://www.consumeraffairs.com/news0...da_recall.html
Old 08-31-2006, 08:10 AM
Team Owner

Received 378 Likes on 198 Posts
Hmm...I got a V6
Who cares? V6 doesn't automatically mean it's better. Plus you bought a heavier car along with the V6.

I'm talking about a Navi TSX vs a Non Navi TL

Thats why I don't see why Honda is making a 4-Door Civic SI b/c you can get a Non Navi TSX for a little more and have the same amount of power.
You logic doesn't make sense. Why compare a car with a $2000 option to a car without the same option? Option for option, the TSX is around $5k less than the TL. That's a lot of money, in case you haven't noticed.

As for the 4-door Civic SI, there is a different logic and need to the SI when compared with the TSX. The price difference between an SI sedan and the non-nav TSX will be about $5k as well (based on MSRP and before dealer markups and discounts), which, again, large chunk of money. And the SI will likely be lighter, less luxurious, and have fewer gadgets, but a tad quicker because of the lower weight.

I wasn't trying to knock on the TSX at all. Some of you guys are kinda cocky though.
Who's being cocky? Not one person here makes any claims to the TSX being more than it is. It's you TL guys that are always trolling over here with something to prove.
Old 08-31-2006, 09:53 AM
Still Lovin my 06

Originally Posted by Black_6spd
Contrary to the other thread , what's the worst insult you've received about your beloved TSX?

My wife after I scold her for opening her SUV door on my TSX:
"It's not a Ferrari! Jeez!"

Actually, the multiple door dings from her car are a bigger insult.

Or here's one I'm sure some of you have gotten:
"Nice car. Too bad it doesn't have a V6."
I don't even bother explaining that I didn't want a high displacement car.

What's yours?

the worst insult the car gets comes from me. i love this car the design is awesome, and it's exactly the type of car i want power wise right now, but quite frankly, the paint durability is horrible on the bumpers. my front bumper, the paint is just scraping right off from rocks on the road, and there's even paint off the rear bumper now too, dunno what from though. car has never been hit or hit anything, cause i don't park on the street, or i would understand. i've never seen paint come off like this before.

even though it could be a warranty issue, but the dealer practically laughed at me.
Old 08-31-2006, 10:09 AM
Instructor

Talking

Originally Posted by CGTSX2004
Who cares? V6 doesn't automatically mean it's better. Plus you bought a heavier car along with the V6.

You logic doesn't make sense. Why compare a car with a $2000 option to a car without the same option? Option for option, the TSX is around $5k less than the TL. That's a lot of money, in case you haven't noticed.

As for the 4-door Civic SI, there is a different logic and need to the SI when compared with the TSX. The price difference between an SI sedan and the non-nav TSX will be about $5k as well (based on MSRP and before dealer markups and discounts), which, again, large chunk of money. And the SI will likely be lighter, less luxurious, and have fewer gadgets, but a tad quicker because of the lower weight.

Who's being cocky? Not one person here makes any claims to the TSX being more than it is. It's you TL guys that are always trolling over here with something to prove.

YAH STAND UP TO THE TL PPL
Old 08-31-2006, 10:19 AM
Still Lovin my 06

Originally Posted by CarbonGray Earl
2 Insults:

"Sweet car.....oh but its front wheel drive huh? Ya, it still pretty nice though" That guy owned a BMW e46.

"200 hp right? Its still a nice car." That guy owns a G35 4dr.

Backhanded compliments or a slap in the face with a cherry on top, take your pick.
they don't seem like insults really, just factual obsersvations. i actually have said myself to friends, "it's an awesome car, but 30-40 more horesepower would be nice!"
Old 08-31-2006, 10:23 AM
Advanced

No real insults yet.. However I don't really show off my car..
Old 08-31-2006, 10:40 AM
Safety Car

Received 168 Likes on 122 Posts
Originally Posted by bradykp
they don't seem like insults really, just factual obsersvations. i actually have said myself to friends, "it's an awesome car, but 30-40 more horesepower would be nice!"
You're right, but you have to understand the context. Coming from these close friends, its as far as an insult will go. But I know them too well; they do mean it as derogatory.
Old 08-31-2006, 10:44 AM
Intermediate

I have a TL loaner and there is no way in hell I'd get that over the sporty TSX. That said here is mine...

"It that an accord?"
Old 08-31-2006, 11:12 AM
VSA Rocks

Hmm...I got a V6
Oh yeah -- I've got TWO camshafts, iVTEC, and a car that has more tuning potential than any other Honda engine.

Seriously, we both have what we wanted in a car. For me, I wanted a great platform (TSX chassis) and good power. Since the TSX doesn't come with the latter, I added it to where it's perfect for me.

Yeah, it's true you could mod both the TL and TSX. However, you can't change chassis.
Old 08-31-2006, 11:18 AM
Team Owner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
We all bought our cars because we liked them the best. They met our individual needs/wants. I don't see a reason for putting down the TSX just to justify purchasing a TL or vice versa.
Old 08-31-2006, 11:20 AM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Washington
This is certainly the general perception, but the difference is miniscule, would you not agree?

____________TSX____ TL
Front legroom 42.4 vs. 42.8

Rear legroom 34.2 vs. 34.9
You go Washington! Fight ignorance with facts.
Old 08-31-2006, 11:29 AM
Advanced

Interesting, can someone explain why the following are insults:

1) The TSX looks like a BMW
2) The TSX looks like a Lexus
3) The TSX is a Honda

BMW and Lexus are high end brand names with looks and performance to match. They are what people think you get when you finally made it. With that being said, I would think its a compliment to be mistaken and classed in the same neighborhood of these cars...If you want to get angry at something legitimate, get angry at "Is that the new 2007 Kia Spectra?"

The TSX is a Honda, there is not much more you can say here. Just like a Lexus is a Toyota, etc. So the statement is true, half of the parts in the Acura stable say Honda on them. Don't understand how this can be rude at all.
Old 08-31-2006, 11:37 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by BusyShifter
Some pepole, like myself, actually preferred a 4-cylinder engine...

I am still intrigued by your phrase "For as much as you pay for TSX...". Why did you say that right before saying there is $3,000 difference while the phrase means "same price"? Didn't you contradict yourself ?

But you certainly have interesting way to look at things by comparing Navi TSX and non-Navi-TL . I will leave you alone.
I got a new 06 non-navi TL for 30K. Didn't really care for a navi since I would hardly ever use it. Sounds like a good deal to me.

Here's the bottom line facts,

1. My speedometer is not broken, so I can blow your a$$ away with my V6 (even around the bends, TL has amazing handling for it's size).

2. I have better looking and quite visible tailights so stupid drivers who loves to tailgate can know when I'm braking.

3. I have a better looking rear-end or better yet, 75% of my rear-end is just not the bumper...lol.

4. I can keep my rear passengers cool with my rear vents while yours will be boiling in an oven..lol

5. The exterior of my car turn more heads than yours (being a bit cocky here, so what...lol)

6. I have ample interior space (yes, more than yours)

7. My average MPG is just awesome for a V6, not even that much less than yours

8. I have better looking wheels (just had to rub this one in too...goes back to the feminine argument...lol)

9. I have an easier time reversing than you because my car isn't as high as yours hence the rear isn't as high.

10. I have the ability to have my side mirrors tilt down when reversing

11. I have TPMS

12. I feel safer in my TL if I was to get an accident (bigger body size).

13. I can play DVD-A discs

14. Why is there more TL's on the road than TSX's?

Now let me list things that are better in the TSX,

1. NOTHING!...LOL (actually just kidding, you guys have a better interior build quality since it's built in Japan...my only beef with the TL)

So do you still feel like we wasted our money paying a little more for the TL? Hope I didn't offend anyone.
Old 08-31-2006, 12:01 PM
Team Owner

TriniBwoy, apparently you missed my post (a response to one of your posts) so I'm reposting it here:
Originally Posted by jlukja
Lets not start cross-model bashing and stick to the original purpose of this thread.

"What's the worst insult you've gotten about your TSX?" This does not mean to think of insults to throw at a TSX. Capiche?
Consider yourself warned.
Old 08-31-2006, 12:08 PM
My Garage

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by TriniBwoy
I got a new 06 non-navi TL for 30K. Didn't really care for a navi since I would hardly ever use it. Sounds like a good deal to me.

1. My speedometer is not broken, so I can blow your a$$ away with my V6 (even around the bends, TL has amazing handling for it's size). Congrats

2. I have better looking and quite visible tailights so stupid drivers who loves to tailgate can know when I'm braking. That's your opinion

3. I have a better looking rear-end or better yet, 75% of my rear-end is just not the bumper...lol. That's your opinion

4. I can keep my rear passengers cool with my rear vents while yours will be boiling in an oven..lol We have rear vents under the seats

5. The exterior of my car turn more heads than yours (being a bit cocky here, so what...lol) That's your opinion

6. I have ample interior space (yes, more than yours) You have 97sf compared to our 91sf, but we actually have more cargo volume due to our fold down rear seats.

7. My average MPG is just awesome for a V6, not even that much less than yours. You cited worse gas milage as a plus?

8. I have better looking wheels (just had to rub this one in too...goes back to the feminine argument...lol) That's your opinion

9. I have an easier time reversing than you because my car isn't as high as yours hence the rear isn't as high.

10. I have the ability to have my side mirrors tilt down when reversing. Congrats

11. I have TPMS. So will the 07 TSX

12. I feel safer in my TL if I was to get an accident (bigger body size). They actually were awarded the same number of stars in crash test ratings. So you can feel as safe as you want, but they are equally safe.

13. I can play DVD-A discs. Congrats, I for one don't own any and have heard that the non-DVD audio on the TL is actually lacking in sound quality.

14. Why is there more TL's on the road than TSX's? Maybe because the TL name has been out much longer than the TSX and is more widely known. Even so, TSX sales are breaking Acura records.

1. NOTHING!...LOL (actually just kidding, you guys have a better interior build quality since it's built in Japan...my only beef with the TL)

Less money
Better gas milage
i-vtec (newer engine technology)
Fold down rear seats
3 time Car and Driver sports sedan of the year (that one hurts, huh?)

So do you still feel like we wasted our money paying a little more for the TL? Hope I didn't offend anyone.
Wow, see comments in blue. Most of that is so subjective it's not even worth commenting about.
Old 08-31-2006, 12:26 PM
Got Phó?

1. My speedometer is not broken, so I can blow your a$$ away with my V6 (even around the bends, TL has amazing handling for it's size).

2. I have better looking and quite visible tailights so stupid drivers who loves to tailgate can know when I'm braking.

3. I have a better looking rear-end or better yet, 75% of my rear-end is just not the bumper...lol.

4. I can keep my rear passengers cool with my rear vents while yours will be boiling in an oven..lol

5. The exterior of my car turn more heads than yours (being a bit cocky here, so what...lol)

6. I have ample interior space (yes, more than yours)

7. My average MPG is just awesome for a V6, not even that much less than yours

8. I have better looking wheels (just had to rub this one in too...goes back to the feminine argument...lol)

10. I have the ability to have my side mirrors tilt down when reversing

11. I have TPMS

12. I feel safer in my TL if I was to get an accident (bigger body size).

14. Why is there more TL's on the road than TSX's?

You smoking right? you bought your 06 TL for 30k otd? If so, more power to you. Back to what you are saying, 90% of the stuff on your list are not FACTS homie.
Old 08-31-2006, 12:27 PM
Got Phó?

Originally Posted by GIBSON6594
Wow, see comments in blue. Most of that is so subjective it's not even worth commenting about.
You beat me too it!
Old 08-31-2006, 12:44 PM
What Would Don Draper Do?

i think it's amusing when there are some TL owners that bash our TSX's but have go to such far lengths to explain why their car is better.

makes me wonder if some TL owners that do that feel they have to justify their purchase?

i know many TL owners that love the TSX, but depending on what they want or need or prefer, chose the TL.

at the end of the day, there's always a better car. as someone said earlier, we bought our cars because that's the car we liked and wanted. we all have different priorities or criterias that influence which car to choose and buy. what's the point in bashing the car "below" you? i don't visit the RL or TL boards, but do RL owners bash TL's?
Old 08-31-2006, 12:49 PM
Undercover Slacker

i guess it is because there is "little difference" in the price which can cost for debate or even rationalizing to make sure you bought the right car, but what's up with all these sibling rivalries? some people chose the TSX over the TL, others chose the TL over the TSX... but in the end everyone chose the car that fit them best.

seems like the TL people who come here to tell us how their car is so much better are the ones still rationalizing why they pay more.
Old 08-31-2006, 12:49 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by drunkenbuda
You beat me too it!
x2
Old 08-31-2006, 12:59 PM
Advanced

I got these a while ago
"NICE HONDA"
"OH LOOK AN SI WITH 4 DOORS"
" WHY DIDNT YOU GET THE LEXUS "

I Got this one yesterday...
"I CANT BELIEVE IT DOESNT TELL YOU WHAT GEAR YOUR IN"
Old 08-31-2006, 01:02 PM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by no more si
I Got this one yesterday...
"I CANT BELIEVE IT DOESNT TELL YOU WHAT GEAR YOUR IN"
Old 08-31-2006, 01:06 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by jlukja
TriniBwoy, apparently you missed my post (a response to one of your posts) so I'm reposting it here:

Consider yourself warned.
Can I at least throw one more insult?...no, just kidding. I apologize. I was just having a little fun. I have a buddy who has a TSX and we both throw little insults back and forth (all in fun). Since he moved, I haven't seen any TSX owner to throw insults at so I figure this is my chance...LOL. No, but I'm truly sorry. In fact, I'll least all the things I admire about the TSX compared to the TL to show that I'm sorry (still love my TL though):

Things that is better in the TSX than the TL (from a TL owner):
1. Slightly better gas mileage
2. Better sound system (also has the aux input)
3. Better interior build quality (no major rattle issues)
4. Side-mirror lights (I think the 07's TL's will have that too though)
5. And like someone said, it's cheaper

It all really boils down to what your needs are and which car satisfy most of your needs. Hey, I can still throw insults at TSX owners as long as it's not on this board right? (just kidding)
Old 08-31-2006, 01:45 PM
VSA Rocks

Things that is better in the TSX than the TL (from a TL owner):
1. Slightly better gas mileage
2. Better sound system (also has the aux input)
3. Better interior build quality (no major rattle issues)

4. Side-mirror lights (I think the 07's TL's will have that too though)
5. And like someone said, it's cheaper

It all really boils down to what your needs are and which car satisfy most of your needs. Hey, I can still throw insults at TSX owners as long as it's not on this board right? (just kidding)
?? Better sound system? I found the TL's better than mine, especially when listening to the DVD-A discs from the factory. I guess to each their own.

Trust me, our cars have our share of rattles as well.

You can't even get your compliments right.
Old 08-31-2006, 01:49 PM
Instructor

My son, upon finding out I bought a TSX: "Hondas are so uncomfortable - why did you buy that?" Well, that was kind of disappointing, particularly as careful as I was researching and shopping around @ Lexus, Infinity, Lincoln, Honda, Toyota

(First time he drove it though, he figured it out).
Old 08-31-2006, 02:09 PM
dom
Senior Moderator

Received 801 Likes on 662 Posts
Originally Posted by Washington
My son, upon finding out I bought a TSX: "Hondas are so uncomfortable - why did you buy that?" Well, that was kind of disappointing, particularly as careful as I was researching and shopping around @ Lexus, Infinity, Lincoln, Honda, Toyota

(First time he drove it though, he figured it out).

You should have your son register so I can promptly ban his ass.
Old 08-31-2006, 02:10 PM
Team Owner

Received 378 Likes on 198 Posts
Originally Posted by Black_6spd
?? Better sound system? I found the TL's better than mine, especially when listening to the DVD-A discs from the factory. I guess to each their own.

Trust me, our cars have our share of rattles as well.

You can't even get your compliments right.
I though the TL sound system was so-so for non-DVDaudio, but DVD audio as a whole is just outstanding. The DVD-A in my mom's RL is absolutely amazing sounding.
Old 08-31-2006, 02:13 PM
Got Phó?

Originally Posted by dom
You should have your son register so I can promptly ban his ass.
Old 08-31-2006, 02:16 PM
Is waiting in

lol so many pages..

"You should have gotten a TL"
No thanks.

"What kind of car is that?"
A Japanese one.

"Oh look, a wannabe STI"
after I put on the gold aspecs

only thing I regret about getting my TSX is not getting a manual transmission..
other than that the car is great.

i've shitted on numerous cars who've tried to race me on the highway
2nd Gen RL, 2nd & 3rd Gen TL's.. Civics.. Accords.. Scions.. etc..
it's not necessarily the car and it's HP/TQ.. it's the driver and their ability to control the vehicle..

btw.. don't most men refer to their car as being of the female gender? that it's their baby.. wouldnt you want to ride on something feminine?
A german built car, with germany being the self proclaimed 'fatherland', wouldn't that make their car a Transexual of some sort?
Old 08-31-2006, 02:21 PM
Intermediate

Why on Earth--Venus, Mars, or Pluto--would a TL owner take particular interest in a TSX forum--that is to be lurking here?

Both are great cars with their own characteristics, some of which are similar and common, and some of which are not. Both are built on or derived from the HONDA ACCORD platform, another technically great car.

Could it be that some people cannot feel good about themselves unless they find a way of putting down others? I have known some individuals for whom the pecking order is serious business, otherwise they risk losing face. To me that's petty and superficial, but to some it's a very serious pacifier.
Old 08-31-2006, 02:35 PM
Advanced

I haven't really gotten any direct insults on my car. I've gotten a few indirect insults. People have commented about how the steering wheel radio controls can only cycle through preset stations. Someone made a couple comments about how the speakers in the car aren't as good as in their Dodge Stratus. Others wondered why I wasted my money on the navigation (even though I use it all the time). One of my friends commented about how it isn't as fast as his RSX.

Other than those little jabs, I've gotten mostly positive comments.

As far as TL vs. TSX... I debated over which one to get. At first, I wanted a TSX. Then, when I realized I wouldn't have any problems affording a TL, I was really thinking about getting that. Finally, when it came time to make a decision, I decided that better gas mileage was very important to me. In addition, all the new touches to the 2006 TSX made the decision a lot easier. Now, the TSX had most of the same features as the TL to go along with its sportier looks and more agile handling. Needless to say... I'm now a proud owner of a '06 CGP TSX.
Old 08-31-2006, 02:50 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by CGTSX2004

Well I have more torque. I drove a TSX...I would have to floor the car in order to get it up to speed. Unlike the TL where I never have to accelerate hard going on the highway.

I didn't realize this earlier but most dealerships are selling Navi TLs for invoice.
But won't budge on the price of the TSX.

Next

You can get Navi in the Civic now. Honda is adding VSA to the Si, All cars after Sept 07 Production will have TPMS. What features does the TSX have again?

And Busy Shifter: Its not hard concept to understand. A fully loaded TSX comes to the price of a Non Navi TL. But if you want to compare Apples to Apples lets see

Acura of Dayton
TSX Navi Price 28,9XX
TL Navi Price 35,000

Like I said before dealers will sell the TL for invoice.

So the TL price is 32,XXX
Only a $3,000 difference. Gas mileage is marginal

Worst Insult I got with my TL:

" Thats a nice TSX! "
Old 08-31-2006, 02:59 PM
dom
Senior Moderator

Received 801 Likes on 662 Posts
Well I have more torque. I drove a TSX...I would have to floor the car in order to get it up to speed. Unlike the TL where I never have to accelerate hard going on the highway.
Seriously, get informed. I merge on the highway everyday several times a day and hardly have to floor it. Stop exhaggerating.

I didn't realize this earlier but most dealerships are selling Navi TLs for invoice.
But won't budge on the price of the TSX.
Says something about the TSX doesn't it.

You can get Navi in the Civic now. Honda is adding VSA to the Si, All cars after Sept 07 Production will have TPMS. What features does the TSX have again?
So are you arguing that a Civic Si sedan is basically as well equipped as a TSX? And that you'd be better off buying an Si sedan instead?
Old 08-31-2006, 03:09 PM
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Does anybody have DVD-A discs? That is like bragging you have laser-disc player.

I like the TL. I could affort the TL. I thought the TSX was better value for the money. Plain and simple. If I was going to drop that coin on the TL I was already considering getting a BMW330.

It never ceases to amaze me the need people have to make themselves feel better by putting others down. I like my TSX...you like your TL. Lets be happy. Or do I need to throw my 60" plasma in your face to make myself feel better?

Old 08-31-2006, 03:25 PM
6MT & LSD

Worst Insult I got with my TL:

" Thats a nice TSX! "
Quit being a dick, dude. You're making other TL drivers look bad.

Originally Posted by rex.
i've shitted on numerous cars who've tried to race me on the highway
2nd Gen RL, 2nd & 3rd Gen TL's.. Civics.. Accords.. Scions.. etc..
it's not necessarily the car and it's HP/TQ.. it's the driver and their ability to control the vehicle..
Yeah, I'm sure you're the master of controlling the SS on your 5AT.
Old 08-31-2006, 03:31 PM
mrgold35

Received 1,546 Likes on 1,201 Posts
Did they make the TSX too good or is the TL not good enough? I've really haven't seen this type of jealously with TSX-vs-RSX, MDX-vs-RDX, or RL-vs-TL. Even Honda Accord V-6 owners don’t player hate as bad as some TL owners. I think the few TL owners’ complaints are really very positive acknowledgments to the TSX package and how it can compete with car costing $5-8,000 more.

Quick Reply: What's the worst INSULT you've gotten about your TSX?