What's the worst INSULT you've gotten about your TSX?

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2006, 04:01 PM
Team Owner

Received 378 Likes on 198 Posts
Originally Posted by rugbybrado
About the guys on the forums, how many times have you been to ANY car forums and seen girls reliously posting about their cars ?

Even on vw sites the vast majority is still guys. But if you look around on the streets the majority of people who are driving acuras are women.
Unless you've actually done scientific experimentation to prove this, it's nothing but perception, and we all know that perceptions are easy to skew.
Old 08-30-2006, 04:02 PM
Team Owner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by LuvMyTSX
I paid for mine myself, thanks.
I think somebody owes you an apology.
Old 08-30-2006, 04:06 PM
Rep'n Taxbrain.com

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Ooooo
Old 08-30-2006, 04:17 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
to keep on track with the off track topic.

The 240sx was originally marketed to women. And look at them now, would you still consider them a feminine car. I think not. It's all perception people, and opinion.

"Opinions are like @$$holes, everybody's got one!"

Now let's get this back on topic
Old 08-30-2006, 04:23 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by CarbonGray Earl
I don't take offense with this, as the TSX wasn't designed with design cues forcing us to believe its masculine. Alot of cars designs try to exude some sort of maleness - take alot of the Dodge/Chrysler offerings for instance. Am I supposed to believe a Dodge Caliber is more masculine that a TSX because of a couple of design cues? No, and the same goes for the TL. I myself can't impart a sense of gender on an car just because of some design language. For some reason, I tend to see past that. However, if you see it that way, you've succumbed to design marketing or worse yet, your own ego.

And of course many of the great car designs tended to be feminine....take many ferraris, mercedes-benzes, etc, which can be described as having sexy curves or as voluptuous. Even the s2000 or Miata's can be feminine, but we all know those little roadsters drive great, male or female.

But to counter your emasculation of the TSX, I think your comment is just as valid as me believing that a TL owner calling the TSX feminine is himself, compensating for some inadequacy...it may not be true, but nonetheless, we can be led to believe this. No offense of course. I too was going to get a TL of course, but the driving experience turned me off. I thought it was just me, until I read many reviews echoing my sentiments. Oh well.
I find it hard to believe that you are not offended by my comments.
Old 08-30-2006, 04:38 PM
C'mon, man! Row yer own.

I haven't had anyone give me negative feedback about my TSX. My friends and family all think it's a really nice-looking car inside and out, my nephew even asked if it was a race car (because it's a 6mt I suppose; he hadn't ever seen a manual).

I've gotten more than one "nice Acura" or "beautiful car" from passers-by. I'm married, so I'm not really in tune with the chick-picking-up quotient but the most important compliment, to me, is the big grin I get every morning when I walk into the garage.
Old 08-30-2006, 04:58 PM
6MT & LSD

Originally Posted by TriniBwoy
Hey, these guys are having a hard time as it is remenescing about the insults they've received about their feminine, fw-driving, underpowered, rear-seat-vent-lacking, bird pooh catching TSX's. (Just kidding)

They don't need TL drivers coming in and kick 'em while they're down.
Old 08-30-2006, 05:24 PM
No-navi, yo

If you think you can attract chicks with your TSX, you may want to make sure it's actually chicks your attracting with your TSX buddy...LOL.

OK, I don't want to just be another TL owner bashing you guys about the TSX. I actually was going to purchase a TSX, believe it or not. It's a great car. Besides it being feminine, a few other things I didn't like about it made me go with the TL. For example, the skyscraper stance.
It must be a big deal for you. I am comfortable about my sexual orientation, unlike yourself , thank you very much.
Old 08-30-2006, 05:29 PM
VSA Rocks

Originally Posted by ndx2
Hey, these guys are having a hard time as it is remenescing about the insults they've received about their feminine, fw-driving, underpowered, rear-seat-vent-lacking, bird pooh catching TSX's. (Just kidding)

They don't need TL drivers coming in and kick 'em while they're down.

<--- wonders what insults the TL forum would rack up...

"Hey, nice car. Is that a TSX?"
Old 08-30-2006, 06:12 PM
Earth-bound misfit

Received 608 Likes on 312 Posts
Originally Posted by LuvMyTSX
I paid for mine myself, thanks.

Old 08-30-2006, 06:33 PM
Rep'n Taxbrain.com

Originally Posted by Black_6spd

"Why didn't you get an RL?"
Old 08-30-2006, 06:50 PM
6MT & LSD

Originally Posted by Black_6spd

"Couldn't afford one of these, huh?" (as he points to his BMW/MB/Lexus/Audi)

asshole.
Old 08-30-2006, 07:01 PM
Got Phó?

Originally Posted by Tsx536
"Why didn't you get an RL?"
Old 08-30-2006, 07:04 PM
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Since I Dont Own An American Car I Have Been Called Communist. This Is A Guy That Owns A Chevy Pick Up Truck Sittin High
Old 08-30-2006, 07:05 PM
Safety Car

Received 168 Likes on 122 Posts
Ditto....you mentioned you don't want to bash the TSX, so I thought I'd delve a little into what motivate you to say its effeminate. I have a psych degree, so it interests me what makes any car "feminine" and why its derogatory in some instances such as this, and positive in other instances (such as with Jaguars, Ferraris, etc). Why does is it that the more masculine a vehicle is, does it look like we men are compensating for an inadequacy? Ego?

Take my word for it, this stuff just interests me.
Old 08-30-2006, 07:37 PM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You guys should have just bought a TL and you wouldn't have any insults!! haha
Old 08-30-2006, 07:45 PM
Racer

Come to think about it my dad keeps thinking my car is a TL . . .
Old 08-30-2006, 07:54 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by CometVR4

Would have been a waste of $$. Buying a TL, I would have insulted my own intelligence: "I just paid thousands more for just a few more barely perceptible horses and a couple more inches of unneeded leg room, all for a rougher ride? how could you have been such an idiot!"

So, glad I changed my mind and went with the TSX and silenced the worst critics and insults one can hear--the ones inside your head.
Old 08-30-2006, 07:59 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by IranBT
The worst insult I got was from a FORD salesman! I pulled in with my TSX into the Ford Dealership(to get a god damn part for my coworker's Mercury) and the mofo salesman say's "How much did that thing cost you? $40K?"

I said "just about". When I came back to my car the bastard was still standing there with a smile and said "You could've got a loaded Fusion for 10 grand less than that".

I got in my car and while driving away said "Yeah and I could've comitted suicide for free".
^^ I think this is the best post.

My first insult was before I even got the TSX. I went back to the Dodge dealership to get info on our truck lease and the salesman didn't even know what the TSX was. Then he tried selling us a 300M - not even close to a TSX.

The second was a few months later, when I returned with the TSX to pick-up a cheque (security deposit refund) at the dealership, the same salesman saw it and was saying that we could have waited for the Dodge Caliber, loaded it and save a couple of Ks. I just looked at him and said that I wanted a car that was reliable and still had some worth at the end of my lease term, that I wanted to deal with a car maker that wasn't having financial difficulties and that I wanted to deal with a dealership that would actually have a thing called "customer service".

My third and forth insults were from a friend of my sister-in-law, first time he saw the car he asked if it was a new bmw, the second time he saw it he asked if it was a lexus... Get it right man!!!

My last insult was from a driving examiner. In Ontario, there is this graduated driver's license program and I had to go back to graduate from this program shortly after getting the TSX. This old blind b@stard of an examiner had written on the driving exam (while staring at the back of my car for info) that I had a Honda. Then once in the car he commented that my car was small. He had just returned from a toyota echo! I replied that he could back-up the passenger seat by pressing the button on the right-side of the seat and that it would go back enough for his height (he was the same height as I and I'm 5'9" and he had plenty of space above his head).
Old 08-30-2006, 08:08 PM
Instructor

Has anyone else noticed how much larger this thread has become than the complements thread? Are we really getting insulted more than complemented? That sucks.
Old 08-30-2006, 08:28 PM
Rep'n Taxbrain.com

^^ I think insults are just more interesting to talk about then compliments. Most of the compliments are similar, while many of the insults are very unique.
Old 08-30-2006, 08:50 PM
Jon (PWP FTW)

Originally Posted by derbaff
Has anyone else noticed how much larger this thread has become than the complements thread? Are we really getting insulted more than complemented? That sucks.

haha you beat me to saying this. i was gonna be like whew this thread is LONG compared to compliments. haha =]
Old 08-30-2006, 08:50 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by yeefuchew
Would have been a waste of $$. Buying a TL, I would have insulted my own intelligence: "I just paid thousands more for just a few more barely perceptible horses and a couple more inches of unneeded leg room, all for a rougher ride? how could you have been such an idiot!"

So, glad I changed my mind and went with the TSX and silenced the worst critics and insults one can hear--the ones inside your head.

For as much as you spent on a TSX you could have got more power, more leg room, LED lights, Bi-xenon headlights, rear air vents. In a nutshell, you saved $3,000 for what? 5mpg on the highway?
Old 08-30-2006, 09:40 PM
No-navi, yo

For as much as you spent on a TSX you could have got more power, more leg room, LED lights, Bi-xenon headlights, rear air vents. In a nutshell, you saved $3,000 for what? 5mpg on the highway?
"As much as you spend..." "...got more power..." "...$3000.."

Am I the only one who is confuse , or it supposes to be a very cryptic insult/joke/whatever ?
Old 08-30-2006, 09:45 PM
My Garage

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
TL is too big and floaty for me. TL was my intention to buy when I walked into the dealership, saw the TSX there in the showroom, took it for a drive and was sold.
Old 08-30-2006, 09:45 PM
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by CGTSX2004
You shoulda tried that before the supercharger install and seen how they reacted...

i did, they were impressed by the 2.4...all that power packed into a small package
Old 08-30-2006, 10:23 PM
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
This happened 6 times already.....
"Is that a TSX? Why didn't you get the TL?"

This happens almost everytime I am driving with passengers....
"Hey, look...that's your car. Oh wait, it's a Civic. My bad."
Old 08-30-2006, 10:48 PM
2010 6MT non-tech

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
"the TSX is a woman's car."

i hear it all the time. i do see more males than females driving the 3rd gen TL, and more women than men driving the TSX....i still don't think it's a "girl's" car, although usually when i see a silver car (a jetta, for example) there's usually a cutie driving it.

my car is silver. d'oh.
Old 08-30-2006, 11:23 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by GIBSON6594
TL is too big and floaty for me. TL was my intention to buy when I walked into the dealership, saw the TSX there in the showroom, took it for a drive and was sold.

Mine was just the opposite. I walked in the dealership to buy a TSX and I test drove a 5AT. It just didn't have the oomph I wanted. So I test drove a TL and even though it was bigger car than I wanted since I'm single and dont have any kids I liked the power.

Originally Posted by BusyShifter
"As much as you spend..." "...got more power..." "...$3000.."

Am I the only one who is confuse , or it supposes to be a very cryptic insult/joke/whatever ?
My first comment was simply a joke since most of the insults was "You should have got a TL"

But yeefuchew had to put his 02.cents in.

The only Acura I have a problem with is the RL because it doesn't hold value as well as the TL or TSX.
Old 08-30-2006, 11:35 PM
Got Phó?

Hmmmm, i got a Navi! And money left over for extra goodies!
Old 08-30-2006, 11:36 PM
Got Phó?

Ohhh yeah, Mugen parts!
Old 08-30-2006, 11:36 PM
Instructor

yah all my friends say is how he can rape me in his RX-7....
Old 08-30-2006, 11:51 PM
No-navi, yo

Mine was just the opposite. I walked in the dealership to buy a TSX and I test drove a 5AT.
Ever considered a 6MT, big guy?

My first comment was simply a joke since most of the insults was "You should have got a TL"

The only Acura I have a problem with is the RL because it doesn't hold value as well as the TL or TSX.
No, seriously, I don't know what you were talking about. What was the joke? Were you saying TL is the same price as TSX, then said there was $3,000 difference?
Old 08-30-2006, 11:53 PM
Intermediate

Gee, is that the new Ford Focus?
Old 08-31-2006, 12:20 AM
Instructor

For as much as you spent on a TSX . . . you saved $3,000 for what?
TSX cost $5435 less than TL - not $3000.

true for autos, manuals, nav, non-nav - any like comparison
Old 08-31-2006, 12:32 AM
Instructor

For as much as you spent on a TSX you could have got . . .more leg room . . .
This is certainly the general perception, but the difference is miniscule, would you not agree?

____________TSX____ TL
Front legroom 42.4 vs. 42.8

Rear legroom 34.2 vs. 34.9
Old 08-31-2006, 12:56 AM
Instructor

Just putting all you haughty TL owners in your place--on your butt!
Old 08-31-2006, 02:05 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by drunkenbuda
Hmmmm, i got a Navi! And money left over for extra goodies!
Hmm...I got a V6

Originally Posted by BusyShifter
Ever considered a 6MT, big guy?
I did but I didn't get a chance to drive one. I may have liked it better.

No, seriously, I don't know what you were talking about. What was the joke? Were you saying TL is the same price as TSX, then said there was $3,000 difference?
I'm talking about a Navi TSX vs a Non Navi TL

Thats why I don't see why Honda is making a 4-Door Civic SI b/c you can get a Non Navi TSX for a little more and have the same amount of power.

Originally Posted by yeefuchew
Just putting all you haughty TL owners in your place--on your butt!
I wasn't trying to knock on the TSX at all. Some of you guys are kinda cocky though.
Old 08-31-2006, 02:17 AM
I can't find my garage

Originally Posted by PhiSigBrotha
one of my employees asked if the white car in the lot was my new car. when i said yeah she said "thats all? i thought it would be something special." should have fired her.
SLAP THAT BIOTCH!!! THEN fire her..Then run her over...lol
Old 08-31-2006, 02:21 AM
I can't find my garage

TL wannabe..family sized RSX..and expressions like "ehh~"

Quick Reply: What's the worst INSULT you've gotten about your TSX?