What's up with these ppl???

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2005, 01:30 AM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What's up with these ppl???

Just a little story about an encounter with a G35 coupe coming home from my gf house around 12am tonight.

I'm from NJ (central to be exacted). Everyday I'll travel on hwy 287 and take exit 8 to and from work (also the same exit to my gf house).

So tonight, I took the usual route to return home. While I was driving alone on this side road before entering the hwy, I realized there is a car with xenon headlight gain on me gradually (I was going about 10 miles above speed limit on this road). So little did I care, I proceed with my driving and made this right merging turn onto this 2 lane road just before entering hwy 287 and by this time I realized it's a g35 (because he is riding my ass but i can't tell if is was a coupe or a sedan.)

So, Right after I made this right merge getting onto this two lane road, I continue to keep right since the 287 hwy entrance is only about 700 to 800 feet away on the right side. Now, the g35 went on to pass me from my rear going on the left lane and I thought he must be going straight since it will be too till to cut back to enter the same hwy I'm going on and boy was I WRONG.

He/she proceed to cut right in front of me (about few feet from my car and I realized is a white g35 coupe) to enter the merge and by now I'm furious the way this person is driving. So, Game on!!!

Right after he/she cut in front of me I stepped on the gas and start to ride on its rear. (I was anticipating a quick lose since he/she will probably take off right after the merge.) The tsx huged the curve with ease and we were going about 50-60 entering the hwy and I was literally on it rear and continue to accelerate.

At this moment, there was about 6 cars on the hwy, all of them are either traveling on the center or the right lane. So I quickly got on the center lane while accelerating and passing the g35. I didn't know why he/she didn't follow but soon I was on the left lane going about 110 on the hwy. At this moment, the g35 was falling behind some other car and still on the left lane fading on my rear view mirror.

You will probably say to yourself, "if he/she step on the gas you will probably be toast or he/she probably getting off an exit soon so they don't want to keep up with you." You are probably right, but than I think I'd probably shocked he/she by driving a tsx tailgating them on a merging line with ease.

At the end, I would like to say I really love this car!!!
Old 03-27-2005, 06:43 AM
Go Giants

Received 1,236 Likes on 825 Posts
Central NJ drivers are the worst....
Old 03-27-2005, 07:56 AM
8th Gear

speeding is bad...shame on u! you shouldnt be so aggressive
Old 03-27-2005, 08:32 AM
Race Director

Old 03-27-2005, 08:32 AM
Race Director

Originally Posted by wsklar
Central NJ drivers are the worst....

Old 03-27-2005, 09:30 AM
Team Owner

Received 378 Likes on 198 Posts
Originally Posted by ckchin0319
He/she proceed to cut right in front of me (about few feet from my car and I realized is a white g35 coupe) to enter the merge and by now I'm furious the way this person is driving. So, Game on!!!
Shoulda just done what I do when I run in to people like that. I flip my brights on the entire time I'm behind them. Lets them know that I'm annoyed they pulled a bonehead manuever like that and that I would appreciate that they don't do it again.
Old 03-27-2005, 09:37 AM
Mmmm... tasty.

A lot of people in Jersey drive really crazy... but don't take it so far! 110 on Jersey highways is . Potholes and other drivers who don't look when they merge might =

Gotta learn to just let it go sometimes. You'll live longer and feel less stressed.
Old 03-27-2005, 09:51 AM
dɐɹɔ ǝɥʇ ʇɐɥʍ

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This just in.........two wrongs don't make a right.
Old 03-27-2005, 10:46 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by McGriddle
Gotta learn to just let it go sometimes. You'll live longer and feel less stressed.
What he said.

Man, you risked a ticket for 50+ mph over the limit plus the subsequent insurance premium hike plus the safety of you and the people around you - all because a guy tailgated you and then cut you off?

And you feel better because you were able to dust a G35 that wasn't really racing you anyway?
Old 03-27-2005, 12:32 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by CGTSX2004
Shoulda just done what I do when I run in to people like that. I flip my brights on the entire time I'm behind them. Lets them know that I'm annoyed they pulled a bonehead manuever like that and that I would appreciate that they don't do it again.

You got to becareful when you do that tho, one of the times when I did this when this asshole in a maxima cut me off way too close, this guy was stupid enough to stomp on the brakes in the middle of a two lane highway somehwere in whiteplains, NY, going 70+ mph.... there were cars next to me so I had no choice but to brake..... he literally stomped on the brakes until we were about 30mph.... almost crashed into him, but thanks to ABS.

.....and it wasn't the first time I've ran into stupid maxima drivers. Don't mean to stereotype maxima drivers, but I have my bad encounters with them.
Old 03-27-2005, 03:52 PM
Registered to Vote!

Originally Posted by ckchin0319
Just a little story about an encounter with a G35 coupe coming home from my gf house around 12am tonight.

I'm from NJ (central to be exacted). Everyday I'll travel on hwy 287 and take exit 8 to and from work (also the same exit to my gf house).

So tonight, I took the usual route to return home. While I was driving alone on this side road before entering the hwy, I realized there is a car with xenon headlight gain on me gradually (I was going about 10 miles above speed limit on this road). So little did I care, I proceed with my driving and made this right merging turn onto this 2 lane road just before entering hwy 287 and by this time I realized it's a g35 (because he is riding my ass but i can't tell if is was a coupe or a sedan.)

So, Right after I made this right merge getting onto this two lane road, I continue to keep right since the 287 hwy entrance is only about 700 to 800 feet away on the right side. Now, the g35 went on to pass me from my rear going on the left lane and I thought he must be going straight since it will be too till to cut back to enter the same hwy I'm going on and boy was I WRONG.

Right after he/she cut in front of me I stepped on the gas and start to ride on its rear. (I was anticipating a quick lose since he/she will probably take off right after the merge.) The tsx huged the curve with ease and we were going about 50-60 entering the hwy and I was literally on it rear and continue to accelerate.

At this moment, there was about 6 cars on the hwy, all of them are either traveling on the center or the right lane. So I quickly got on the center lane while accelerating and passing the g35. I didn't know why he/she didn't follow but soon I was on the left lane going about 110 on the hwy. At this moment, the g35 was falling behind some other car and still on the left lane fading on my rear view mirror.

You will probably say to yourself, "if he/she step on the gas you will probably be toast or he/she probably getting off an exit soon so they don't want to keep up with you." You are probably right, but than I think I'd probably shocked he/she by driving a tsx tailgating them on a merging line with ease.

At the end, I would like to say I really love this car!!!
Why didn't you just say to your self 'boy, am i glad I'm not as bad of a driver as him.', instead of proving it?

When ever i run into people like this on the road, they are usually trying to make you mad. In my opinion, the best thing to do to get back at them is to smile and wave as they pass. It confuses the hell out of them.
Old 03-27-2005, 04:45 PM
Racer

I agree with most people have already said. Who cares about that bad individual, but you should've cared much more about yourself and people in other vehicles around you. Next time, please be a bigger man and let it go. What goes around comes around, and soon enough (s)he will learn a lesson.
Old 03-27-2005, 05:18 PM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by supraken
You got to becareful when you do that tho, one of the times when I did this when this asshole in a maxima cut me off way too close, this guy was stupid enough to stomp on the brakes in the middle of a two lane highway somehwere in whiteplains, NY, going 70+ mph.... there were cars next to me so I had no choice but to brake..... he literally stomped on the brakes until we were about 30mph.... almost crashed into him, but thanks to ABS.

.....and it wasn't the first time I've ran into stupid maxima drivers. Don't mean to stereotype maxima drivers, but I have my bad encounters with them.
Fair enough, but if you had hit him, it would have been his fault since he intentionally caused the accident.

And any asshole driver like that, I usually keep a fair distance away from him. Besides, the highbeams work better from about 3 car lengths away.
Old 03-27-2005, 06:05 PM
Racer

As the saying goes, you cannot control what others do. But, you can control how you react to what others do. In a court of law, you will normally be held accountable only for your actions -- and not for the actions of others.

All of us have experienced the need to react, in kind, to how others behave. It is the old "eye for an eye" doctrine. And, it has probably caused more divorces than any other factor. Don't let others push you buttons and you will have a happier life. Show them that you have more maturity and a higher sense of responsibility than to respond to childish behavior.

If you wish to drive recklessly, be sure it is of your own initiative and not because someone challenged you -- or enticed you into it. Then way you will have a clearer mind to consider the consequences if someone goes wrong. And, also try to minimize the risk to innocent bystanders.

It has been one than once that I have simply pulled off the road or into a parking lot when someone wanted to play games with me; usually at night. On two different occasions, the aggressor was a pickup truck than turned around and came back looking for me. One both occasions, it was because I had flashed my bright lights at them (and the bright lights on the 6000 are much brighter than on the TSX) after they had cut me off (i.e, cut right in front of me). In one incident, I pulled into a parking lot, and then when the truck was out of sight, I crossed the street to a Pizza Restaurant that had a lot of glass. I parked so that my car was pretty much out of sight and then sit there and watched the pickup truck search for my car in the parking lot across the street, and on the streets, for over 30 mins. while I ate dinner. He would let traffic stack up behind him while going about 5 MPH looking all around. At that time, I begin to consider that I may be dealing with a gangland ritual. I keep a defensive weapon (and, it is not a gun -- but more effective than mace) in the car and that was the only time I ever took it out of the car (I went out to fetch it from the car when I saw the pickup truck circling around looking for me).
Old 03-27-2005, 06:17 PM
Registered Abuser

Originally Posted by CGTSX2004
Is is possible to convey all of that with your highbeams? Cause when someone does that to me, I just think they are trying extra hard to be an A-HOLE.
Old 03-27-2005, 08:47 PM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Eeyore
Is is possible to convey all of that with your highbeams? Cause when someone does that to me, I just think they are trying extra hard to be an A-HOLE.
It's amazing what driving behind someone for a half a mile with your brights on can convey.