What would you do??

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2008, 11:00 PM
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What would you do??

Hello all, I purchased a 2004 certified TSX in December, today my co-worker pointed out that my car had been in an accident and showed me where there was over spray
on the molding. The VIN # tag on the trunk lid has been painted over. It had a clear Car Fax report. Any suggestions on what I should/can do?
Old 02-18-2008, 11:12 PM
Let me help you!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
What are you trying to do? Did you want to go back to the dealer and get a refund or return the car?

Or are you wondering about the trunk? Maybe the owner put a spoiler on, changed his mind, and swapped it with someone else's TSX. He would then have needed to repaint the trunk...

Every state has different laws. In California, there is no "Buyer's remorse". Once you sign the contract, you're stuck with the vehicle.

Is there something wrong that's causing you grief? Safety issue? Car pulling to the side? If the report's clear, then the Dealer probably didn't know about it either (must have been done off the record).
Old 02-19-2008, 12:23 AM
3rd Gear

I don't have buyers remorse, It was definitely in an accident, the trunk release button is all jacked up. I am just a little disappointed that's all, it's supposed to be "certified" on the certification check list everything is checked meets Acura standards. I understand that it's a used car, but its Certified and I don't understand how they could have missed something like this.
Old 02-19-2008, 09:50 AM
Intermediate

If it's certified you should be able to take it back to them and have them fix it properly.
Old 02-19-2008, 10:54 AM
Three Wheelin'

speak to the manager at the dealership you bought the car from. At a minimum they will fixup the remaining damage...I don't know if "certified" means it hasn't been involved in any accidents.
Old 02-19-2008, 11:06 AM
Boring Teacher

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CarFax reports can only show what has actually been reported to them. Maybe the accident was small enough that the previous owner just had a small body shop do the job. I know that when my car was 2 weeks old, I let my mother borrow the car and she backed into a pole. The whole rear of the car had to either be painted or replaced. If you do a carfax on my car...it will be clear! See what i mean...if it wasn't a major accident, it won't show up.
If it's not affecting the functionality or safety of the car...I don't see what you want done. The dealer won't so anything about it if it's not a safety issue.
Old 02-19-2008, 01:47 PM
Three Wheelin'

Take it back if its certified! Where are you from if you don't mind me asking?
Old 02-19-2008, 11:28 PM
3rd Gear

las vegas
Old 02-20-2008, 12:00 PM
5th Gear

I believe unless insurance is involved, the accident won't be reported on the VIN. I had a fender bended and paid cash to keep it off the VIN. Last I checked it's not on the VIN. Most used cars have had some body work done. Just the way it is. Easy way to check is just run your fingers along the edges and non factory paint will usually be rough there and I had my car repaired at a top end body shop. I can tell on my car doing that.

Complain to the dealer and have em fix it.