What price are you paying for 2006 TSX ???

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2005, 01:41 AM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by desktop
So, you are also a Rosenthal customer. I picked up mine on Saturday. I have had great experience with that dealer. My Salesperson Ruly Arifin was very understanding and fair. His e-mail address is:

rarifin@rosenthalacura.dealerspace.com

Like Z-Tec, I recommend Rosenthal.
THATS A GREAT DEAL!! CONGRATS!! HAVE FUN WITH YOUR NEW ACURA!!

LEAR
Old 01-02-2006, 08:23 PM
Burning Brakes

HIGH pricing STILL in the Northeast...

To date, this is the best quote I've been able to get from NH to CT and all points in between: (this is a cut & paste from the dealer's email to me)

"2006 Acura TSX-Nav, auto, with all season mats, trunk tray, wheel locks and doc fee included $29739 out the door"

Now, this isn't REALLY the OTD price for me. The dealership is located in NH, which has no sales tax. However, I live in Maine, so once I got it home, I'd have to pay an additional $1500 or so for sales tax, plus State of Maine registration of around $700+, I'm guessing.

This is a MUCH higher price than I planned to pay, but nobody in the northeast seems to be willing to go very low...

Very frustrating indeed!
Old 01-02-2006, 09:43 PM
Still Lovin my 06

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by t_in_maine
To date, this is the best quote I've been able to get from NH to CT and all points in between: (this is a cut & paste from the dealer's email to me)

"2006 Acura TSX-Nav, auto, with all season mats, trunk tray, wheel locks and doc fee included $29739 out the door"

Now, this isn't REALLY the OTD price for me. The dealership is located in NH, which has no sales tax. However, I live in Maine, so once I got it home, I'd have to pay an additional $1500 or so for sales tax, plus State of Maine registration of around $700+, I'm guessing.

This is a MUCH higher price than I planned to pay, but nobody in the northeast seems to be willing to go very low...

Very frustrating indeed!
wow, 700 reg? mine was $140. i hope that's a multiple year reg at least.

they need to come down on that price. and they will eventually. be patient.
Old 01-02-2006, 10:35 PM
Gi-Yeah!

My sister picked just bought an 06 Carbon Grey Pearl w/ Navi for $27,800 before taxes.

She got all-weather floor mats thrown in.
Old 01-02-2006, 10:36 PM
Still Lovin my 06

Originally Posted by acuravtec86
My sister picked just bought an 06 Carbon Grey Pearl w/ Navi for $27,800 before taxes.

what fees? 27,800 is what i was supposed to get it for originally (27,689 actually), but springfield screwed me.
Old 01-02-2006, 10:47 PM
Gi-Yeah!

The dealer would not let her leave last friday night unless she left with the car.

What do you mean by fees?
Old 01-03-2006, 06:42 AM
Still Lovin my 06

The dealer would not let her leave last friday night unless she left with the car.

What do you mean by fees?
27,800 was her price before tax, out the door, including all fees? doc fee, prep fee, anything else the dealer just decided to throw in there?
Old 01-03-2006, 07:27 AM
Burning Brakes

What part of the country was that in? It seems that if you live anywhere BESIDES the Northeast, Florida, or Hawaii, you can get some great deals. But in certain areas, you're lucky to get below MSRP.

I can't really wait, as I'll need my car in April. To assure an April delivery of a RBP, I'll have to place my order in the next couple weeks. Oh, what to do...

Old 01-03-2006, 07:28 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by bradykp
wow, 700 reg? mine was $140. i hope that's a multiple year reg at least.

they need to come down on that price. and they will eventually. be patient.

No, Unfortunately, this is a YEARLY registration fee. It will go down a little bit each year, but the first year of a new car is highest, and is based on window sticker, regardless of what you actually end up paying.
Old 01-03-2006, 09:30 AM
Still Lovin my 06

No, Unfortunately, this is a YEARLY registration fee. It will go down a little bit each year, but the first year of a new car is highest, and is based on window sticker, regardless of what you actually end up paying.
wow. maine must have some sort of justification for that i hope. that's insane.

well, hopefully for your sake, inventories will start to increase a bit and you'll get some bargaining power. the next two weeks are in favor of the dealer, since they have no sales goals to really worry about with the new year and new month. maybe sales will calm down a bit for a few weeks?
Old 01-03-2006, 09:51 AM
Nate

May I ask which dealership in Chicago (if she did get it in Chicago)? In Milwaukee we have zero 2006 TSXs

thanks
Old 01-04-2006, 07:23 AM
Current TSX/RDX Owner

Well despite the lack of feedback, we bought a 2006 Deep Pearl Green TSX just before the new year. Originally were going for Carbon Pearl Gray however due to a number of factors she grew to like the Green.

While we reside in Ohio, we picked up the TSX in Farmington Hills, MI. Long story short we had a tentative deal with Acura in Boardman, OH and they backed out of the deal before we could get it in writing.

The final price before TTL was $28,400 including Navigation. We originally didn't want any other extras but since they were included with the car we picked up, they threw in wheel locks and mud flaps.

Very happy with the price we got thanks to this forum and others, the green is growing on me.

Originally Posted by LilJapnBoy
hi, i am relatively new to this forum, athough I'm an active members of a number of other car forums. I've been lurking for awhile trying to read up on the information, prices, etc. about the TSX.

My fiancee recently decided that she wants a 2006 TSX in Carbon Pearl Gray, 5AT, and Navigation. She is a current leasee of a 2002 Acura RSX and narrowed it down to a TSX from a 325xi, IS250, Legacy 2.5 GT, and Mazda 6.

While we are getting ready to purchase, I wanted to know anyone's advice on purchasing a TSX in the Cleveland, Ohio area. I've done a lot of research and it looks like the average purchase price on the good deals have been anywhere between $28-29k.

1) Has anyone in the Ohio area bought a 2006 and can recommend a dealership?
2) Is the above average price reasonable?
3) Is Carbon Gray a diffcult color to get?
4) Is a better deal going to be obtained before January or after?

Thanks!
Old 01-04-2006, 08:34 AM
Burning Brakes

Not a bad price at all, LilJapn... I've received a quote from Acura of Boston for $28,298, (for Nav) which includes destination and documentation fees. Hopefully I can get some throw-ins.
Old 01-04-2006, 08:36 AM
Still Lovin my 06

Well despite the lack of feedback, we bought a 2006 Deep Pearl Green TSX just before the new year. Originally were going for Carbon Pearl Gray however due to a number of factors she grew to like the Green.

While we reside in Ohio, we picked up the TSX in Farmington Hills, MI. Long story short we had a tentative deal with Acura in Boardman, OH and they backed out of the deal before we could get it in writing.

The final price before TTL was $28,400 including Navigation. We originally didn't want any other extras but since they were included with the car we picked up, they threw in wheel locks and mud flaps.

Very happy with the price we got thanks to this forum and others, the green is growing on me.
congrats on the purchase. looks like you got a good deal!
Old 01-04-2006, 01:53 PM
Intermediate

Well despite the lack of feedback, we bought a 2006 Deep Pearl Green TSX just before the new year.
Can you please post some pics of the Deep Green Pearl?
Old 01-04-2006, 03:13 PM
Gi-Yeah!

Originally Posted by natedog321
May I ask which dealership in Chicago (if she did get it in Chicago)? In Milwaukee we have zero 2006 TSXs

thanks

She got it at McGrath Acura in Westmont, IL.
Old 01-04-2006, 03:31 PM
Racer

Picked this up on Dec 27th:

06 CG/Ebony w/Nav
$28,177 w/ Protection Package
+$50 doc fee
+$180 Title/Tags/etc

I don't usually give the salesmen at a dealer the time of day, as it is much easier working with a Fleet Manager, but this ended up as a good deal for me.

Also, a note on "window etching" in most states it is illegal for a dealer to force you to purchace a car w/ the "etching", yet most of the cars on the lot have it.
I was orginally going for a RBP a few days earlier, but they wouldn't drop the $300 for the etching. Lucky for me the CG was fresh on the lot on the 27th and they didn't have time to "etch" the windows, even though the window sticker for the car has it on there.
Old 01-04-2006, 03:55 PM
Still Lovin my 06

Originally Posted by gt0279a
Picked this up on Dec 27th:

06 CG/Ebony w/Nav
$28,177 w/ Protection Package
+$50 doc fee
+$180 Title/Tags/etc

I don't usually give the salesmen at a dealer the time of day, as it is much easier working with a Fleet Manager, but this ended up as a good deal for me.

Also, a note on "window etching" in most states it is illegal for a dealer to force you to purchace a car w/ the "etching", yet most of the cars on the lot have it.
I was orginally going for a RBP a few days earlier, but they wouldn't drop the $300 for the etching. Lucky for me the CG was fresh on the lot on the 27th and they didn't have time to "etch" the windows, even though the window sticker for the car has it on there.
wow, suprised they do that. i guess it should be illegal to drill a hole in your front bumper too for the license plate holder. bastards.
Old 01-04-2006, 04:35 PM
Benchwarmer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by natedog321

thanks
Continental in Naperville has among others, a 06 RBP/ebony. Unfortunately (for me) it is a 5AT, like every other TSX in Chicagoland.
Old 01-04-2006, 05:57 PM
Advanced

wow, suprised they do that. i guess it should be illegal to drill a hole in your front bumper too for the license plate holder. bastards.
Happy to hear you're not dwelling on it.
Old 01-04-2006, 06:45 PM
3rd Gear

What is a fair out the door price on the 06 tsx 6 sp manual with Navi?
The dealer's initial asking price is 30,500 (has mudflaps and wheel-locks). Just from what I read and think... seems pricey.
What are some good negotiation strategies to use? (1st time buyer)
Right now Im just getting quotes around other dealers as well (Los Angeles area)
but look to be buying very soon.
Another sticking point is I want a specific color with my model.. Im guessing being picky will reduce my negotiation power. Dealer mentioned that all the TSXs with that description have been pre-sold and they got 1 left (in transit, expected to arrive in a few weeks).
Old 01-04-2006, 08:31 PM
Still Lovin my 06

Originally Posted by srenitynow
Happy to hear you're not dwelling on it.
Old 01-04-2006, 08:32 PM
Still Lovin my 06

Originally Posted by dreday
The dealer's initial asking price is 30,500 (has mudflaps and wheel-locks). Just from what I read and think... seems pricey.
Right now Im just getting quotes around other dealers as well (Los Angeles area)
Another sticking point is I want a specific color with my model.. Im guessing being picky will reduce my negotiation power. Dealer mentioned that all the TSXs with that description have been pre-sold and they got 1 left (in transit, expected to arrive in a few weeks).

don't tell him you want a specific color. stay open, then request the color after you get the price.....

people in cali seem to be having some good luck, i guess depending on where they are located.
Old 01-04-2006, 09:06 PM
06 TSX ASM/Ebony 5AT

When I finally purchased one last week, dealers had pretty good inventory so you can usually find the color combination on the lot or within their trading network to locate one almost immediately.

The only exception was the 6MT. Nobody had one, so your negotiation may be difficult. LA may be different than Bay Area though.

I saved about $100 on the accessaries because even though the accessary prices are set by Acura, dealers charge different rates for installation. I basically had two dealers match the price on the car, then went with the cheaper accessaries.
Old 01-04-2006, 09:34 PM
NBP 6MT

Hi all -

I recently paid $26,500 for a black MT TSX at Marin Acura.
Old 01-05-2006, 07:10 AM
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by ChasC
Ray Laks Acura (Buffalo) got my loan down to 4.7% through a local bank. It is a 60 month loan.

E-Loan claims they will beat any other quote, but I can't imagine they would shave anything much off the offer I have, and I will go with Ray Laks.

I will have a complete report after I pick up my TSX on Saturday.
chas- can you give me your salesmans name and what bank gave that rate. im looking to order a 2006 tsx autow/navi and all weather mats. whats a good price to start negotiating at ?
Old 01-05-2006, 12:54 PM
Current TSX/RDX Owner

Originally Posted by xingu
Can you please post some pics of the Deep Green Pearl?
xingu,

couple of pics of the Deep Green Pearl:

Old 01-05-2006, 01:01 PM
Intermediate

Since you're in the LA area you might want to try Mission Viejo Acura in Orange County. The internet sales manager is Bonnie (I have permission to post her name) and in mid-December she offered me $500 over invoice + $45 doc fee ($28,416 + TTL) for an 06 5AT w/Navi. She didn't have the color I wanted in stock, but let me know that this particular color was coming in late Dec/Early Jan. She also let me know what other colors were coming in so I would have a selection. She just called yesterday to let me know the car is in and I pick it up on Saturday.
Old 01-05-2006, 02:00 PM
Advanced

dreday,

I agree w/ Zingu. I was working w/ Bonnie @ Mission Viejo and she quoted me the same price. Mention that price to other dealerships in SoCal...some will match or some will tell you they can't do it. I haven't seen anything better than that in the SoCal area, and I've had one dealer match that quote.
Old 01-05-2006, 10:14 PM
06 TSX ASM/Ebony 5AT

Originally Posted by xingu
Since you're in the LA area you might want to try Mission Viejo Acura in Orange County. The internet sales manager is Bonnie (I have permission to post her name) and in mid-December she offered me $500 over invoice + $45 doc fee ($28,416 + TTL) for an 06 5AT w/Navi. She didn't have the color I wanted in stock, but let me know that this particular color was coming in late Dec/Early Jan. She also let me know what other colors were coming in so I would have a selection. She just called yesterday to let me know the car is in and I pick it up on Saturday.
That is a good price. I wish I had gotten that price in Bay Area (NorCal)
Old 01-06-2006, 12:11 AM
Racer

yo xingu man im checkin out the tsx's on saturday too same price as you haha i had bonnie match it. Im thinkin that Glacier Blue, but if theyre out, im gonna get Silver or Black *gotta see em in person* dude thanks man. Anyway, no other dealer matched the price, and so im gonna go there. I have appointment with the other internet sales manager at 1PM-3PM, when are you gonna get there?

For me, its 30,869.99 OTD with your deal. It all boils down to my trade-in =.= that probably'll be a loss, but ya can't win em all =/.
Old 01-06-2006, 01:37 PM
Instructor

I got my 06 TSX with Nav. for $29300 with spoiler and protection package before Tax. I think thats about $500 over Invoice
Old 01-06-2006, 02:06 PM
Still Lovin my 06

Originally Posted by Tmetcalf
I got my 06 TSX with Nav. for $29300 with spoiler and protection package before Tax. I think thats about $500 over Invoice

500 over invoice if the spoiler + protection package ~ $900, which would basically be full price for the accessories. not a bad deal.
Old 01-06-2006, 02:15 PM
Racer

hmm . . . did some paperwork and signing today with my mom . . . and the price I'm getting the 06 TSX at is $29,323.51 plus TTL . . . and this is for a non navi 06 TSX with OEM Body Kit and spoiler, floor mats, trunk tray, and wheel locks . . . so otd it comes out to be like $32,200 . . . I dunno . . . this might seem a tad high . . . but that's the best we could get.
Old 01-06-2006, 02:33 PM
Still Lovin my 06

Originally Posted by turoneatingpinoy
hmm . . . did some paperwork and signing today with my mom . . . and the price I'm getting the 06 TSX at is $29,323.51 plus TTL . . . and this is for a non navi 06 TSX with OEM Body Kit and spoiler, floor mats, trunk tray, and wheel locks . . . so otd it comes out to be like $32,200 . . . I dunno . . . this might seem a tad high . . . but that's the best we could get.
a tad high? a TAD high?

ok, so from my understanding....the underbody kit should be approximately $1500. that's at the most. the parts cost 1150ish at retail price added up, and it supposedly takes approx 3 hours to install. assuming a very high labor rate of $100/hr, that would bring you to $1500.

spoiler is another 500?

mats were $100 on curry acura's ebay store.
trunk tray is 75
Wheel locks are $35 on handa

that's 2210 in options, almost all at full price.

that brings the price of your car to $27,113.51

I believe people have gotten non navi below this price, but it's probably not rediculous.

what's rediculous is them not giving you a discount on any of those parts. at a minimu, they should toss in the mats, trunk tray, and wheel locks for free. that's only $200, they can spare it.

are you financing through acura as well?
Old 01-06-2006, 02:39 PM
Racer

a tad high? a TAD high?

ok, so from my understanding....the underbody kit should be approximately $1500. that's at the most. the parts cost 1150ish at retail price added up, and it supposedly takes approx 3 hours to install. assuming a very high labor rate of $100/hr, that would bring you to $1500.

spoiler is another 500?

mats were $100 on curry acura's ebay store.
trunk tray is 75
Wheel locks are $35 on handa

that's 2210 in options, almost all at full price.

that brings the price of your car to $27,113.51

I believe people have gotten non navi below this price, but it's probably not rediculous.

what's rediculous is them not giving you a discount on any of those parts. at a minimu, they should toss in the mats, trunk tray, and wheel locks for free. that's only $200, they can spare it.

are you financing through acura as well?
Nope Mom paid I believe half in cash and the other half with her visa . . . oh and for perspective when I first got the deal the next day Acura of Pleasanton called me up and gave me an otd price of 33,000 something . . . and they said they couldn't match or do better than Acura of Oakland because of supply and demand . . . and before that everyone else was barely budging on MSRP . . . also bear in mind I live in the Bay Area . . . so in retrospect I don't really know if I could have done any better in terms of pricing.
Old 01-06-2006, 02:40 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by turoneatingpinoy
Carsdirect price for a 2006 non nav for so cal is $26,951. You are almost certain to get a better deal then carsdirect if you go to the dealer and haggle. I'm sure you can go down to $26,500.

I think $29k is way to much for a non-navi TSX.

If i were to pay 29k+ for a TSX I might as well go for an Lexus IS250.
Old 01-06-2006, 03:01 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by gsrthomas
Carsdirect price for a 2006 non nav for so cal is $26,951. You are almost certain to get a better deal then carsdirect if you go to the dealer and haggle. I'm sure you can go down to $26,500.

I think $29k is way to much for a non-navi TSX.

If i were to pay 29k+ for a TSX I might as well go for an Lexus IS250.
How much is the OEM Body Kit & Spoiler??? Is that what's driving the price up so much?
Old 01-06-2006, 03:03 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by gsrthomas
$27,392 is what Edmunds says people in my area are paying for a "base" 06 5 Speed TSX non navi at this moment in time . . . I say this cuz the whole time we were haggling with the the saleswoman she was looking at Edmunds(back then Edmunds had invoice listed at 26,500 something . . . and there was no way she was going to sell it at invoice) . . . so if Brady's numbers hold up . . . I didn't really do too bad(ok accessories maybe terrible . . . but believe me my mom did try to get them to throw in some of that stuff for free . . .) but I like I said earlier I did ask around here and there for quotes and this was the best we got . . .
Old 01-06-2006, 03:07 PM
Racer

How much is the OEM Body Kit & Spoiler??? Is that what's driving the price up so much?
I remember back then when I was first asking for quotes she said 1,300 is what she could sell at discount . . . but then again she never said how much installation would cost . . . but I just took her word for the cost of the kit cuz when I checked Acura of Escondido's E-Bay store back then the prices weren't really that far apart . . . I mean considering the extra shipping fees . . .

Quick Reply: What price are you paying for 2006 TSX ???