What kind of deal did you get for your TSX?

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2004, 12:59 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What kind of deal did you get for your TSX?

Hi all,

Just made a deal on a TSX today. I wasn't really expecting to finalize anything, but I was surprised that they accepted my offer right away. So now I'm wondering if I got the short end of the stick...

The deal I got was for a SSM 6MT with aero Kit, for $2200 off MSRP. Basically they threw in the aero kit for free. Took a total of 15 minutes to get the deal, although it was already closing time (around 8:45pm). According to the sales guy, it was only a couple hundred over invoice.

Thanks,
dowzer
Old 02-11-2004, 10:05 AM
Team Owner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Sounds like a pretty good deal indeed. I was able to get just less than $2000 of MSRP and I thought I scored big time. Congrats on your purchase.
Old 02-11-2004, 10:15 AM
dom
Senior Moderator

Received 801 Likes on 662 Posts
Sounds good to me too. Did you get $2200 off plus the Aero kit, or did you pay the full $34,800 with the Aero kit thrown in? If you paid $32,600 WITH the Aero kit included that may be the best deal I've ever seen.

What dealer did you buy from dowzer?

Why I bought days after it was released I'll never know.

BTW, this definently goes to show that TSX's are'nt selling nearly as well in Canada as they are in the US.
Old 02-11-2004, 11:15 AM
Pro

Yup, that's a great deal. The body kit certainly completes the look of the car.
It certainly pays to wait, although I wasn't about to put a car seat in the back of my accord coupe. Like Domn, I bought last April when the car was first released. Paid full MSRP (with a deal on the tinting). They certainly saw me coming.
Old 02-11-2004, 12:34 PM
Instructor

It was $34800 including Aero kit. I bought it from Camco Acura in Ottawa. It was already closing time, and the sales guy asked me to just give him a number - he gets paid the same commission regardless of what the car sells for.

There are quite a few TSXs on the lot, so I think they're desperate to get rid of them. Now I wish I would have stuck with my original intention of getting the fog lamps thrown in for free as well.

Before this, I was looking at a 2001 Integra Type-R. Quite a different beast, but it was the high theft risk and limited practicality that made me sway towards the TSX. The RSX Type-S is a fun car, but it doesn't really do much for me looks-wise.

The TSX is definitely a keeper compared to the other two cars.
Old 03-01-2004, 09:28 PM
Intermediate

If you don't mind me asking what was the on-the-road cost and what did you get for that? I recently talked to a sales guy...pretty high level, just talk, no negotiating... and got a price of 42,000 plus tax.

This price includes:

Aero Kit
Metal Look Trim Kit
3M Protection coating over the front of the hood and on the door edges
7 Year 160,000 km warranty without Roadside assistance
18" TL rims (rubber not included yet)
Old 03-03-2004, 05:29 PM
Old Member

I think the price you get is very reasonable. I bought mine in April 03 for almost MSRP. Given that the model year has been around for 11 months, it is about right for the discount.
Old 03-03-2004, 11:39 PM
Instructor

Originally posted by KuyaW
If you don't mind me asking what was the on-the-road cost and what did you get for that? I recently talked to a sales guy...pretty high level, just talk, no negotiating... and got a price of 42,000 plus tax.

This price includes:

Aero Kit
Metal Look Trim Kit
I got the following:

Aero Kit ($2200 MSRP)
16" steel wheels (no tires) ($400 MSRP)
Ziebart rust proofing ($450)
Wheel locks

My price was just under $42300 on the road. However, Acura 2000 in Brampton was offering an even better deal. I'm not sure how much the trim kit and the TL rims are, but you might be able to bring your price down a bit more with some negotation - maybe $1-2K more.

I suggest calling up Acura 2000 and asking for the sales manager (I think his name is Mike). He gave me his best price right away with no hassles, and no one was able to touch his price. If anything, it will give you some bargaining power with whichever dealer you're going with.
Old 03-14-2004, 07:20 PM
I'm the Firestarter

Received 655 Likes on 401 Posts
Originally posted by dowzer
It was $34800 including Aero kit. I bought it from Camco Acura in Ottawa. It was already closing time, and the sales guy asked me to just give him a number - he gets paid the same commission regardless of what the car sells for.

There are quite a few TSXs on the lot, so I think they're desperate to get rid of them. Now I wish I would have stuck with my original intention of getting the fog lamps thrown in for free as well.

Before this, I was looking at a 2001 Integra Type-R. Quite a different beast, but it was the high theft risk and limited practicality that made me sway towards the TSX. The RSX Type-S is a fun car, but it doesn't really do much for me looks-wise.

The TSX is definitely a keeper compared to the other two cars.
Hi dowzer,
Could you give me the name of the sales guy you were talking to? I was also at Camco Acura the other day, I test drove a TSX and I'm pretty sure I'm going to buy one. It's just a matter of time. I was wondering how much of a deal I can get.

I'd like to get the side, rear and front spoilers and a couple of other options. If I could get $2000 off that would be reasonable... Did you trade in your old car?
Old 03-14-2004, 07:23 PM
I'm the Firestarter

This price includes:

Aero Kit
Metal Look Trim Kit
You're getting the 18" rims from the TL? Please post your experience and definitely post pictures!

I was going to get the 17" star wheels for the TSX to use as summer wheels, but I like the look of the TL ones... The only problem might be the cost of the 18" rubber. What kind are you looking at getting?
Old 03-14-2004, 07:45 PM
Instructor

Originally posted by Belzebutt
Hi dowzer,
Could you give me the name of the sales guy you were talking to? I was also at Camco Acura the other day, I test drove a TSX and I'm pretty sure I'm going to buy one. It's just a matter of time. I was wondering how much of a deal I can get.

I'd like to get the side, rear and front spoilers and a couple of other options. If I could get $2000 off that would be reasonable... Did you trade in your old car?
Hi Belzebutt,

My salesman was Waleed Debs. Tell him Darnell sent you.
You should be able to get a TSX with the aero kit for $2500 off MSRP, so around $34500 + freight & taxes. Wheel locks are also included in that price. If you want the all-season floor mats, try to get those thrown in at no charge as well.

I didn't trade my old car. Keeping it around for winter.
Old 03-14-2004, 07:59 PM
Intermediate

Originally posted by Belzebutt
You're getting the 18" rims from the TL? Please post your experience and definitely post pictures!

I was going to get the 17" star wheels for the TSX to use as summer wheels, but I like the look of the TL ones... The only problem might be the cost of the 18" rubber. What kind are you looking at getting?
Belzebutt,

I was looking at either a set of Toyo T1-Ss or Yokohama AVS ES100s. The dealer told me he could get any tire I wanted, so I've been pricing them just so I have an idea of what a fair price is. The cheapest Toyos so far have been $410/tire and $281/tire for the Yokohamas. I can't figure out how to put a pic in so go to this link. It's a black TSX at a dealer here in T.O. It's been lowered by about 1 and 1/4" with 235/40/18 Kumhos.

http://www.acura-tsx.com/forums/show...5&pagenumber=2
Old 03-15-2004, 10:58 PM
I'm the Firestarter

Belzebutt,

I was looking at either a set of Toyo T1-Ss or Yokohama AVS ES100s. The dealer told me he could get any tire I wanted, so I've been pricing them just so I have an idea of what a fair price is. The cheapest Toyos so far have been $410/tire and $281/tire for the Yokohamas. I can't figure out how to put a pic in so go to this link. It's a black TSX at a dealer here in T.O. It's been lowered by about 1 and 1/4" with 235/40/18 Kumhos.

http://www.acura-tsx.com/forums/show...5&pagenumber=2
Were you forced to get the stock TSX rims as well? I spoke to a sales guy today and he said they can't even order one of the rim styles advertised in the brochure, apparently Acura doesn't even really offer them even though they list them on the web site and brochures (the SF style).

When you got your 18" TL rims, were you able to get JUST those, without getting the stock ones? It would kind of suck to be stuck with the all-season 17" stock tires on the original rims, when it makes more sense to use them for winter tires and then use the 18" TL rims for winter.

I want to get nice rims for the winter, the Acura sales guy told me a realtively cheap way of doing it would be to get the TL winter tire package, it's supposed to come with the regular 5-spoke TL rims and winter tires, for $1800. Seems pretty reasonable (for manufacturer rims).

Love those 18" wheels though...

Old 03-15-2004, 11:03 PM
I'm the Firestarter

Hi Belzebutt,

My salesman was Waleed Debs. Tell him Darnell sent you.
You should be able to get a TSX with the aero kit for $2500 off MSRP, so around $34500 + freight & taxes. Wheel locks are also included in that price. If you want the all-season floor mats, try to get those thrown in at no charge as well.

I didn't trade my old car. Keeping it around for winter.
Thanks for the info, based on what I've been reading here it seems $2500 off would be a good number to ask for. I'm not in a hurry to buy, I'll probably get it this fall... Maybe the 2005 will be out by then with the AWD hybrid model.

When I spoke to a sales guy today, he of course asked me "so what would it take for you to buy one today"?

I said "give it to me for $33,000", and we both laughed. Stupid question, stupid answer.
Old 03-16-2004, 02:48 PM
Turbo Power

Hi guys I'm new here.

My parents are going to trade-in their civic for a TSX. So I guess I should look for $2500 off MSRP?

Anyone has experience with Markham Acura? What's the difference between dealership and broker?

thanks.
Old 03-16-2004, 04:53 PM
7th Gear

I'm looking to trade-in my 01' GTI VR6 for a TSX also. Usually I think for trade-ins, they will adjust the price for the trade-in, so they will quote a lower price for the trade-in, so they will lower more for the TSX.

My friend's parents bought one at Markham Acura and only got 1k off MSRP.

Gary
Old 04-16-2004, 12:03 PM
1st Gear

Re: What kind of deal did you get for your TSX?

Hi all,

Just made a deal on a TSX today. I wasn't really expecting to finalize anything, but I was surprised that they accepted my offer right away. So now I'm wondering if I got the short end of the stick...

The deal I got was for a SSM 6MT with aero Kit, for $2200 off MSRP. Basically they threw in the aero kit for free. Took a total of 15 minutes to get the deal, although it was already closing time (around 8:45pm). According to the sales guy, it was only a couple hundred over invoice.

Thanks,
dowzer
Sorry for reviving a month old thread...

When I looked at the TSX, I was considering excluding the aero kit but learned they make 7% (~2500$) profit on the car. So theirs no way anyone can get that kind of deal without taking it in options. Any of you got a deal with TSX? (no aero kit)
Old 04-16-2004, 12:51 PM
Team Owner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I still think I got a pretty good deal. $25,000 + tax & lic. for 5AT, no navi, no other options except the dealer threw in wheel locks, trunk tray, and mud guards for free. Bought last December from Acura of the Desert in Cathedral City, CA.
Old 04-16-2004, 01:44 PM
Instructor

Re: Re: What kind of deal did you get for your TSX?

Originally posted by QUEBUSQUOI
Sorry for reviving a month old thread...

When I looked at the TSX, I was considering excluding the aero kit but learned they make 7% (~2500$) profit on the car. So theirs no way anyone can get that kind of deal without taking it in options. Any of you got a deal with TSX? (no aero kit)
Dealer invoice in Canada is $32,016. You can go from there. I'm not sure what the aero kit costs, but let's say the dealer cost would be around $1500. giving a total profit of ~$3400.

So if you can get it for around $500 over invoice - around $32,500, I think it would be a great deal.