What is the fastest that you have gone in AT in TSX in KM/H??

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2006, 08:06 PM
Yui
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mmm there's some pretty heavy wind in Southern California this weekend. I could feel my car being buffetted as I was driving at about 80. Kinda scary to think what the wind could do to you at 130.

Glad I didn't do another top speed run this time around cause there were a buncha cops poised on the road ready to kill =) Guess there's not really a piont after you've done it once anyhow, just burning fuel/oil.
Old 01-23-2006, 10:38 PM
Comptech Freak

222km/h on hwy 400, took me forever to do it

my TL is much more stronger than the TSX and i could go up to 240km/h easily
Old 01-24-2006, 12:07 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by allqt
I think it depends on how aggresively you drive the car...i heard that if you baby the car alot and don't drive fast often..then the car won't go fast when you want it to.

Somebody at Acura told me that the car adapts to the way you drive and that it learns so to speak to go faster if you are more aggressive with the car... if you are always going the speed limit...then you can't expect the car to go really fast like 160Km/h + when you want it to...it just doesn't work that way...it has to be driven at that speed a few times before it can go higher... or so that is my understanding.. and it kinda makes sense...it kinda trains the car to go faster.. ...you must crawl before you can walk..and walk before you can run right? ..
wtf...is this foreal?.....

this is a machine......
Old 01-24-2006, 12:41 AM
Instructor

140 with 1200 rpm to spare in 6th gear...MT sorry no auto
Old 01-24-2006, 01:57 AM
Cruisin'

Dude that's the biggest pile of horse dung I've ever heard. I doubt very much the tSX adapts to your driving, and will go "faster" if you drive the car harder. If you belive this, there are bridges you could buy. In regards to roads around Toronto you could go faster than 150km. That's a joke try anywhere on the 401. I've done 160 km/h with in a camry, and volvo on the 401 several times. I've done at least 160km/h in Vancouver, now I don't drive this speed often, but its damn easy in a TSX.

Originally Posted by allqt
I think it depends on how aggresively you drive the car...i heard that if you baby the car alot and don't drive fast often..then the car won't go fast when you want it to.

Somebody at Acura told me that the car adapts to the way you drive and that it learns so to speak to go faster if you are more aggressive with the car... if you are always going the speed limit...then you can't expect the car to go really fast like 160Km/h + when you want it to...it just doesn't work that way...it has to be driven at that speed a few times before it can go higher... or so that is my understanding.. and it kinda makes sense...it kinda trains the car to go faster.. ...you must crawl before you can walk..and walk before you can run right? ..
Old 01-24-2006, 02:50 AM
Comptech Freak

Originally Posted by kyotousa
wtf...is this foreal?.....

this is a machine......
he's partially right,

when u keep driving below 2500-3000rpm for a week or so the car will feel sluggish with buildups inside the engine, the VTEC partially close the valves and intake at low rpm

u have to rev to VTEC a few times to get the car running clean and good

like my TL, sometimes i floor it on the street and it won't response that well if i drive very mild for a long time, but if i am driving on the track and the car response right away since it's already running clean

that's why u hear ppl say hitting VTEC sometimes will make ur engine good
Old 01-24-2006, 02:53 AM
Comptech Freak

Originally Posted by exxtractor
Dude that's the biggest pile of horse dung I've ever heard. I doubt very much the tSX adapts to your driving, and will go "faster" if you drive the car harder. If you belive this, there are bridges you could buy. In regards to roads around Toronto you could go faster than 150km. That's a joke try anywhere on the 401. I've done 160 km/h with in a camry, and volvo on the 401 several times. I've done at least 160km/h in Vancouver, now I don't drive this speed often, but its damn easy in a TSX.
the TSX is very smooth on hwy and can go 160km/h all the way on hwy 400, and still gets 9L/100km

i have hit 240km/h on 401, 404, and 400 a few times, it's not hard at all

the TSX, however took me a long time to get up to 222km/h b4 it couldn't go anymore
Old 01-24-2006, 11:03 PM
Cruisin'

He's not partially right, he's still wrong. The TSX has not "adapted" to your driving style, its just deposits in the engine, which are causing a decrease in engine performance. So he' still wrong.[

QUOTE=samkws]he's partially right,

when u keep driving below 2500-3000rpm for a week or so the car will feel sluggish with buildups inside the engine, the VTEC partially close the valves and intake at low rpm

u have to rev to VTEC a few times to get the car running clean and good

like my TL, sometimes i floor it on the street and it won't response that well if i drive very mild for a long time, but if i am driving on the track and the car response right away since it's already running clean

that's why u hear ppl say hitting VTEC sometimes will make ur engine good[/QUOTE]