What does the Acura TSX compete against Infiniti?

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2005, 02:24 PM
Race Director

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What does the Acura TSX compete against Infiniti?

It can't be the G35 sedan because that is competing against the TL

Do you think Infiniti should come out with a G25 or G30 to compete against the TSX and the new IS250? I wish Infiniti would come out with a G45 with 340hp
Old 08-30-2005, 02:27 PM
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Eh, well I've had people that have sat in G35's, then sat in my TSX and say that they very much preferred my car even with the G35's power.

But... right now the TSX competes with the A4 and 3 series.
Old 08-30-2005, 02:35 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by drkangel348

-Eh, well I've had people that have sat in G35's, then sat in my TSX and say that they very much preferred my car even with the G35's power.

-Ya right, maybe in fantasy land.

I like the tsx and for my money i would get a tsx over a g35, but as far as those two cars being in the same class.....stop fooling yourself.
Old 08-30-2005, 02:40 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by 04EuroAccordTsx
I wish Infiniti would come out with a G45 with 340hp
No, I dun think there will be a G45. But it will be a GTR that carry a V8 or a turbo charged VQ.
Old 08-30-2005, 02:43 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by rugbybrado

I like the tsx and for my money i would get a tsx over a g35, but as far as those two cars being in the same class.....stop fooling yourself.

I'm not fooling myself, one guy that I know has let me driven his 6MT G35 Coupe, sure the power is MUCH greater than my TSX, but I still prefer the interior and exterior styling of the TSX.

I was in no way implying that my car was even close to the G35's performance, because when it comes to engine performance the VQ35DE makes ALOT of torque.
Old 08-30-2005, 02:46 PM
Aint Doing Sh*t

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
I don't think that Nissan/Infiniti will make a smaller G series because the G20 wasn't really flying off the lots.
Old 08-30-2005, 02:47 PM
Canuck

I wish Infiniti would come out with a G45 with 340hp
Would that not be the M45?
Old 08-30-2005, 02:57 PM
Automobile Aficionado

Being the owner of an Infiniti product now(FX35), and looking into the G35...the tsx's interior and even the exterior are superior. Put the G35 power into the TSX and then you are talking!
Old 08-30-2005, 03:00 PM
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by batman
I don't think that Nissan/Infiniti will make a smaller G series because the G20 wasn't really flying off the lots.
That car looked like a suped-up Protegé. No wonder it didn't do well...rightly so.

I liked hte G35 to begin with...but the styling started to look less appealing. I much prefer the TSX look. However, performance-wise, I like driving the G35.
Old 08-30-2005, 03:08 PM
tsxy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ok I have to agree with some of you, I have been in and driven all brand new TSX (obviously), G35 sedan, A4 quattro, 330i and hands down the TSX IMO has the nicest interior. The leather in the other cars is nice but the interior paneling, I don't care for in the others. The G35 has a lot of power but the body roll is terrible, it sucks. Only car out of these with amazing handling is the 330i. Until you drive all 4 of these cars you won't be able to judge them. TSX has best interior out of all of the IMO and costs $10g's less!
Old 08-30-2005, 03:23 PM
Guinea Pig

When I was in the market the TSX, G35, IS300, and A4 were all in contention. I preferred the TSx and don't regret it a bit.
Old 08-30-2005, 03:24 PM
Burning Brakes

Just like that I'm here like a tail light flash!!! Gracious like a whale and that. Kiss wanna win and wheels are that. Push to extremes!!! I dont fall back, offensive with the counter-attack.

Basically what I'm saying is...if a 1986 Toyota can beat a Skyline a tsx can beat a sexy g35c. Driver is the most important thing if its not just a straight-away.

Straight-line race = Only thing americans know. They cant do corners.

hehe
Old 08-30-2005, 03:30 PM
tsxy

Originally Posted by Powered by Honda

hehe

I can, I am a drift racer
Old 08-30-2005, 03:37 PM
Race Director

Originally Posted by narci
Would that not be the M45?
yes it would, but i just was thinking of a G45 much like an S4, because the S4 uses the V8 engine of the A8
Old 08-30-2005, 03:42 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Powered by Honda
Just like that I'm here like a tail light flash!!! Gracious like a whale and that. Kiss wanna win and wheels are that. Push to extremes!!! I dont fall back, offensive with the counter-attack.

Basically what I'm saying is...if a 1986 Toyota can beat a Skyline a tsx can beat a sexy g35c. Driver is the most important thing if its not just a straight-away.

hehe
You forget to mention that AE86 beat the R32 on "downhill" only. And also that AE86 can beat RX-7, Civic SiR, Silvia and EVO 4 and after the new engine, it can beat ITR, Altezzza, EVO 6, CTR, Miata, MR2...etc and going to beat S2000 too. STi is the only one that can beat him!
Old 08-30-2005, 04:14 PM
Got Ramen?

it could compete with the original G20 from yesteryear heh
Old 08-30-2005, 04:25 PM
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by ianS
You forget to mention that AE86 beat the R32 on "downhill" only. And also that AE86 can beat RX-7, Civic SiR, Silvia and EVO 4 and after the new engine, it can beat ITR, Altezzza, EVO 6, CTR, Miata, MR2...etc and going to beat S2000 too. STi is the only one that can beat him!
ae86 is a king on a circuit...

i don't think it's the fastest, but damn, it can handle its own.

if i can find one in "excellent condition", man, it would be my new daily driver...
Old 08-30-2005, 04:39 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by drkangel348
I'm not fooling myself, one guy that I know has let me driven his 6MT G35 Coupe, sure the power is MUCH greater than my TSX, but I still prefer the interior and exterior styling of the TSX.

I was in no way implying that my car was even close to the G35's performance, because when it comes to engine performance the VQ35DE makes ALOT of torque.
There's a lot to be said for a more complete package. Though they're not direct competition, I did cross shop the TSX with the G35 coupe. In fact I decided when I first saw news about the coupe that it would be my next car. It's true, you should really test drive cars before purchasing them. I came away very conflicted (not a good sign for something that should have been a must buy).

A good friend of mine who lives across the street has a MT 05 G35 coupe and has on occasion let me drive it. I'll admit there's nothing like having good power on tap, but sitting in that interior makes me very sad. It really is incredibly cheap. For me, if I paid that much money for a "luxury" performance coupe, I'd be pissed every time I drove the car. The performance wouldn't outweigh that (again IMO, which is why I chose the TSX).

And having experienced the shift feel in the TSX, having to shift in the G35 coupe is less concise and smooth. Travel is shorter in the G35, but definitely not smooth.

But that's not to say it's a bad car at all and I know I crave the power! It's a great car and for the money a good deal, but for me, I sacrificed raw power for handling, styling (interior AND exterior), and fun factor in order to wait for something that would be everything I wanted, especially when approaching $40k mark.
Old 08-30-2005, 07:30 PM
She said: it's GINORMOUS!

friend has a 04 white g35 coupe. it's great on power with the VQ engine, love the rwd. drinks gas. but the quality is not there.

more rattles/creaks then my TSX (g35 - speaker, speaker, sunroof, mirror), had problems with his cd changer on random disc play (takes 30 to change cds on random - dumb option) and get "CD ERR FO". thought his navi was hot - until he found no voice, no touchscreen, and input while moving.

he loves the car but is sad he dished so much for 1st year model. but you compare g35 w/the TL, not the TSX.
Old 08-30-2005, 07:42 PM
Instructor

The G35c Crushes the tsx

I used to have a 04 nhb a-spec non/navi tsx and I loved it. I traded it in for a 05 TL last April. The tsx is a great car, but overall in my opinion the the G35 Coupe smokes the tsx in almost every aspect. If you want agressive, trendy and slick, its the G35c. If you want a very clean, comtemporary sedan, the tsx fits the bill. I did love my tsx, but to be honest it wasn't the most exciting car in the looks department. A little too vanilla. Yes, the interior of the tsx is very good, but the 2005 g35c interior is just as good but not better. Power and performance? Not even in the same league.
Just my 2 cents.

P.S. Lets be honest, if you were going on a hot date and wanted to impress,
what car would you roll in, a g35c or a tsx?

End of story.
Old 08-30-2005, 07:54 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by puma0504
I used to have a 04 nhb a-spec non/navi tsx and I loved it. I traded it in for a 05 TL last April. The tsx is a great car, but overall in my opinion the the G35 Coupe smokes the tsx in almost every aspect. If you want agressive, trendy and slick, its the G35c. If you want a very clean, comtemporary sedan, the tsx fits the bill. I did love my tsx, but to be honest it wasn't the most exciting car in the looks department. A little too vanilla. Yes, the interior of the tsx is very good, but the 2005 g35c interior is just as good but not better. Power and performance? Not even in the same league.
Just my 2 cents.

P.S. Lets be honest, if you were going on a hot date and wanted to impress,
what car would you roll in, a g35c or a tsx?

End of story.

I know of 4 women (my girlfriend included) who have both sat in my TSX and then in a G35 and they very much prefered the TSX. Most women I've talked to think the G35 is not as good looking and feels cheaper. Navi really changes the attitude of the TSX interior. Plus the TSX's navi is much more superior than the G35 navi. Then again looks are subjective, quality isn't. Don't get me wrong though the G35 is a nice ride, I just prefer the quality of the TSX.
Old 08-30-2005, 08:11 PM
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Old 08-30-2005, 10:29 PM
I'm the Firestarter

Received 694 Likes on 417 Posts
Survey says: more hot women put out in the TSX.

Ya right, maybe in fantasy land.
I'm one of those people who sat in the G35 and prefer the TSX. If I wanted to pay the extra money required to buy a G35, I would have probably got a BMW 325 instead (if that even covers it). The styling of the car and the interior just didn't do it for me at all, and no rear-folding seats like the TL, no HID projectors (now it has them) just seemed to me like it wasn't that hot of a car. Infiniti put a lot of money into the engine but not so much in the suspension, ergonomics or features. The lower gas milage wasn't very appealing either, I'd rather get a smaller engine car that's just as fast, like a 330i.
Old 08-30-2005, 11:15 PM
Burning Brakes

I agree with a lot of the others here. I actually shopped for used G35s, and test drove a coupe. Yeah, the thing is high performance -- it's a monster! It's kind of like riding a rollercoaster. Great fun, but you don't want to ride in it all the time, and you're happy to get out and touch Mother Earth.

It was a performance car. Brutal and fast. Great for drag racing, but is it great for commuting? Or long trips? Hmm. But it's faster! If faster is the bottom line, there are lots of faster cars with stiff suspensions... This just seemed like overkill, like using a sledgehammer to tap in some nails. Where's the finesse?

But I also wanted something I could live with. I think the TSX interior is a lot nicer than the G35 or 3-series for that matter. The TSX is "pretty fast" compared to normal cars, and is fun to drive. Just because some other (more expensive) cars are faster doesn't mean that the TSX isn't at least somewhat performance oriented. (I almost expect to hear comments like "grocery getter". ) Externally, the newest G35 sedans look better, but styling wise, I didn't really like the older G35 sedan look. I think it's the '05 model that looks better? Anyway, I just wasn't completely happy once I started looking past performance, and even performance-wise, it was a bit crazy for me.

Now, the G35 coupe looks great! And it has a rear seat! Seems like that should work.. whoops, only for people with NO HEAD!

And as far as impressing women, they aren't usually that impressed by sporty cars. Expensive maybe, but not sporty. IMHO.

So, I could have bought a slightly-used G35 (coupe even!), but decided to go for less performance. I'll enjoy the smooth shifting, and high-revving TSX nonetheless! Seriously, it's not such a crazy decision.

(I actually had some crazier alternate choices on my list... The G35 was one of the more reasonable ones. )
Old 08-31-2005, 02:04 AM
I love my G sedan

It can't be the G35 sedan because that is competing against the TL

Do you think Infiniti should come out with a G25 or G30 to compete against the TSX and the new IS250? I wish Infiniti would come out with a G45 with 340hp
You know in Japan the Skyline sedan does have a 2.5L V6 engine, so it is actually possible. If IS250 sells extremely well, may be it would lure Nissan to import a G25.
Old 08-31-2005, 02:24 AM
Drifting

I'd take the TSX over a loaded G35 even at the same cost. I couldn't live with the Infiniti's nav, don't think it's good looking, and don't like the look of the interior. Add voice recognition and now Bluetooth to the TSX and the gap has further widened.
Old 08-31-2005, 05:23 AM
Instructor

Agree with most of you, G35's interior sucks. If it can refresh the interior a little, and rattles Less than TSX, I think it is a seller~
Old 08-31-2005, 05:24 AM
John Starks - The Dunk

When I purchased my TSX, the only real competitor was the G35C....I obviously chose the TSX for the interior and the nav. I had saved enough to buy a fully loaded G35C, but the rattles during the test drive and the problems I heard about scared me away. No rattles in the TSX for me.
Old 08-31-2005, 11:01 AM
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
rattles do seem to be a concern for many g35 owners...

http://g35driver.com/forums/showthre...interior+sucks

i still think it's a nice ass car though...
Old 08-31-2005, 11:10 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by afici0nad0
rattles do seem to be a concern for many g35 owners...

http://g35driver.com/forums/showthre...interior+sucks

i still think it's a nice ass car though...
Rattles are also very common on BMW too, actually, there are more rattle issues on E46 than TSX but what you going to expected from BMW and also owners of BMW have way more to worry about such as Vanos, tranny, control arms, sub frame tear off....

NEway, I think G35C looks really hot, I like it even more than S2000 but after driving it, I will better stick with Honda or even BMW.
Old 09-01-2005, 12:57 PM
VSA Rocks

Originally Posted by rugbybrado

This is a perfect example of horsepower being VERRRRRYYYYY overrated. I was one of the folks considering a G35 sedan and my wife and I shot it down 1 minute into the test drive.

The negatives about the car were overwhelming:
- Cheap, Nissan Sentra-like interior
- Irritating eyesore analog clock (too much "bling" for my taste)
- Body resembles Altima's bland styling way too much
- Notchy 6-spd gearbox
- Rough idle / rough acceleration compared to TSX
- Low-revving power band

If power is enough to overcome all of those negatives, why "settle" for a G35? Why not an LS-1 or Dodge Magnum w/ Hemi? It has even MORE horsepower and torque with an even uglier interior and exterior.
Old 09-01-2005, 03:40 PM
EZZ
Burning Brakes

I like the TSX...its a good car for many people. My wife would easily prefer the TSX over my G35 coupe because its easy to get into, has a ton of useable room, and the amenities are great. However, the coupe wasn't really meant to excel in any of those things. It handles better (it handles better than the sedan), a lot more power, and its a true GT car. Some of the complaints of the G35 coupe are warranted (cheap interior for example) but others such as the handling (the coupe will slaughter the TSX...it has really really high limits) and low-revving powerband (7000 rpm) are unwarranted.

BTW, I am considering the TSX for the wife as gas prices steer me away from SUVs