What do you love or hate about your interior/exterior color choices for your TSX?

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2007, 01:26 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What do you love or hate about your interior/exterior color choices for your TSX?

Does anybody have praises or regrets about the color combos on their TSX?
Old 08-07-2007, 02:12 AM
I can't find my garage

nope. love blk/blk
Old 08-07-2007, 04:10 AM
Banned

I wanted the "artic" blue but carbon gray was the only decent alternative within 1000 miles. I looked at gray and beige interiors but black seemed by far the nicest. It's not a pure black either, its sort of a dark shale.

I wouldn't mind a black exterior, i just think that the shape of the TSX says "young" and "fun" and calls for luminance (which is why I wanted blue) where as black is more suited for a car that's pure business such as the TL.

I asked by boss if he preferred the navy blue or carbon gray, he said the blue looked like a Honda while the gray looked like a Lexus or BMW, and I thought he was right, and therefore wished I could get the blue because I'm not a showoff. I'd rebadge it to look like a Euro Accord if the badges were free and Accords hadn't become the boring, obese socker mom transport vehicles we have today. Previous Accords had a sporty slant, but the current Accord practicly condemns it. The current generation literaly looks like the last after a few months on the McDonalds diet.

Final thought; "glacier blue" is fugly. It looks like a regular blue after 70 years of sun fading. Apropriate for drivers of the same age.
Old 08-07-2007, 04:49 AM
Instructor

I really hate how the cornered the colours for MT tsx's. I wanted to get a MT arctic blue pearl tsx with navi, however, honda/acura pbb thought it's too feminin to be deserving of MT, better yet navi. Therefore, i ended up with blk/blk mt with navi. The leather gets hot sometimes under the sun (no tints), and it's hard not to get swirls. BUT when done perfectly, I belieave the blk/blk is the sexiest combo.
Old 08-07-2007, 04:59 AM
it's a car-drive it

Received 262 Likes on 199 Posts
when I first looked at the tsx when the 04 model came out I wanted the milano red but it only came with the parchment int. Did not like that and really did not want the other colors. Glad I waited. I am now the proud owner of a 06 milano red/ebony 6 speed/w nav tsx, bought new, 11/17/06, with 21,000+ miles. Love my car and I get alot of compliments.
Old 08-07-2007, 07:21 AM
Three Wheelin'

I have Carbon Gray Pearl, and wish it was a bit darker.. with more Pearl!

At my old apartment there was a Carbon Gray Scion tc, and
when they were parked side by side, the tc's color was so much darker, yet would really sparkle in the sun..

I think it would be nice if our CGP's had that color depth..
Old 08-07-2007, 07:25 AM
Racer

Not really. Love my PWP on parchment, but I think they could've tied in the metallic steeringwheel trim with the rest of the interior better. And of course more pearl in the PWP paint.
Old 08-07-2007, 07:26 AM
Team Owner

Received 105 Likes on 69 Posts
Love everything about it. No regrets whatsoever, and I gladly fill my tank even if it goes up to 40-45$ a tank using 93 Premium. A trip to the gas station is like a trip to the toy store to me.
Old 08-07-2007, 09:27 AM
Team Owner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I have PWP with parchment interior. I'm very happy with my color choice. For me, I think its the best combo and looks very classy. However, I do have some nitpicks.
1. The PWP seems to attract bird droppings. Not the big bird bombs but the little yellow squirts. It only takes a couple of minutes after I wash the car for the first one to make an appearance. Against the PWP color they are very visible.
2. Although the PWP hides common dust fairly well, it really shows it in the mornings if it has sprinkled or if there was dew on the surface.
3. The parchment color tends to collect black scuffs, particularly on the drivers seat below the seat cushion. I imagine that ebony or quarts wouldn't show them as much.
4. My leather belt has left a redish discolored band on the seat back that I can't clean. It probably would do the same thing to the other colors but they wouldn't show it as much.

All in all, though, I'd still choose the combo I have.
Old 08-07-2007, 09:42 AM
Team Owner

Received 378 Likes on 198 Posts
I have had 2 TSXs.

For my 04, I had the CGP with the Quartz interior. It was a great looking color combination and I still think it was the best combination for that model year.

For the 06, I now have NHBP with the Black interior. It looks absolutely stunning on the TSX, but it is such a pain to take care of.

Quite honestly, I wish Acura would offer a deep red/brown leather color, similar to the color on available for the BMW 3-Series. This color with a dark plood trim and a Royal Blue Pearl exterior would be the ideal combination.
Old 08-07-2007, 10:30 AM
Instructor

I have Milano Red/ Parchment. I love it, but I do wish the red had been a metallic one, like the new Lexus IS 350 (or whatever it is). That's a really sharp metallic red color! I do love the parchment though. I think it looks classic. And it stays about 50 degrees cooler in the summer sun!
Old 08-07-2007, 10:41 AM
dom
Senior Moderator

Received 801 Likes on 662 Posts
Nope PWP/Ebony > *
Old 08-07-2007, 10:51 AM
where is my garage?!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
nighthawk black pearl/ebony

love: sleek, wet, and aggressive look on the outside, classy on the inside

hate: ability to see every piece of dust, swirl marks, scratches, and imperfections on the outside (re: high maintenance), interior gets super-hot inside even w/ tints and heat reflector in winshield
Old 08-07-2007, 11:20 AM
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by xjohnkdoex
nighthawk black pearl/ebony

love: sleek, wet, and aggressive look on the outside, classy on the inside

hate: ability to see every piece of dust, swirl marks, scratches, and imperfections on the outside (re: high maintenance), interior gets super-hot inside even w/ tints and heat reflector in winshield
Old 08-07-2007, 11:31 AM
Instructor

I am not a weekly car wash guy. I am more like a monthly car wash guy. Which color is the lowest maintainance? i have a Dolminite gray Audi TT w/ black interior and it always looks clean.(except when it's pollen season)
Old 08-07-2007, 11:37 AM
Undercover Slacker

if i had a 2nd go at it, i think i would have picked ebony interior instead of quartz.
Old 08-07-2007, 11:40 AM
where is my garage?!

i think the carbon grey seems like it's lower maintenance than, say, a PWP or NBP.

any carbon grey owners agree or disagree? i was originally going to get carbon grey, but i thought the black would accentuate the red lights, so i opted for that color.
Old 08-07-2007, 11:50 AM
Three Wheelin'

I have a CGP and i'd probably say the maintenence level is up there with black. As a previous owner of a white car, I'd say that white and silver require the least maintenence.

I am very happy with my CGP/ebony combo. I didn't settle for the CGP/Quartz at the dealership (if I did, I woulda been stuck with an AUTO!). Instead, I waited for the CGP/Ebony 6spd to come from another dealer and I couldn't be happier. I absolutely love how dark the CGP can get(I have a preference over the darker greys as opposed to the lighter greys). I also love the way the ebony interior looks from the outside. It makes my tint look 20% rather than 35% making the overall car look really clean. It's a killer combo, IMO.
Old 08-07-2007, 12:09 PM
it's a car-drive it

Received 262 Likes on 199 Posts
Originally Posted by sluday
I am not a weekly car wash guy. I am more like a monthly car wash guy. Which color is the lowest maintainance? i have a Dolminite gray Audi TT w/ black interior and it always looks clean.(except when it's pollen season)
we own a silver car that seems to be easier to keep clean. I do not mind washing the car so they get cleaned quite often.
Old 08-07-2007, 12:14 PM
Three Wheelin'

^^ I wash my car once every week to two weeks cause i don't mind doing it but i have a ASM (silver) and its by far VERY easy to keep clean!!!
Old 08-07-2007, 12:30 PM
Banned

I noticed the carbon gray is much darker in person than depicted on the Acura website's color picker.

My old Integra is silver and ya I can skip a wash or two before scum gets too noticable. I didn't go that way with the TSX partly to do something different, but also because the white and silver seem to look unfinished, as if the car rolled out the the factory before it received it's final coat of paint.
Old 08-07-2007, 12:38 PM
rb1
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by jwood_06TSX
^^ I wash my car once every week to two weeks cause i don't mind doing it but i have a ASM (silver) and its by far VERY easy to keep clean!!!
:gheylaugh:

I have ASM and it's been washed twice in 6 months. Still looks ok.

They should call it "self-cleaning silver"...
Old 08-07-2007, 12:38 PM
mrgold35

Received 1,546 Likes on 1,201 Posts
CGP w/ Quartz and 35% tinted windows.

The wife picked this combo and I didn't care for it at first. I wanted CGP w/ ebony. We had a loaner CGP w/ ebony w/ dark window tint and it felt like I was sitting in a cave looking out.

I've learned to appreciate my wife's eye for color. The quartz makes the cabin feel a lot more open and brighter. The black and metal trim along with black all weather mats gives the interior plenty of contrast to give the interior a real luxury feel. I haven't had any issues in 16 months and 18,000 miles with wear/tear or stains. (Just normal wrinkles from my fat butt).

I only wish Acura would come out with cooled seats for us in the southwest and southeast. Those little holes just don't cut it when it is +95 degrees.
Old 08-07-2007, 01:08 PM
Race Director

to this day, i wish they had a graphite gray exterior!! they had it on the TL, but not the TSX.
Old 08-07-2007, 01:13 PM
Safety Car

Received 168 Likes on 122 Posts
Love my ebony interior. My only gripe is that I wish the instrument cluster had a bit more pizzaz or character. What I mean is I wouldn't mind an f430's instruments.....a big red or yellow tach in the middle, with a large gear indicator.

I picked Carbon Gray as the exterior, which is a fine choice, but if I had to buy my TSX now, I would get PWP with ebony interior. My first civic was white and I still like the way white looks....so clean.

Who knows though, maybe I'm so used to CGP that I want a change.
Old 08-07-2007, 01:20 PM
Instructor

I have not heard anyone who has green or royal blue. Are these colors ugly or just hard to find?
Old 08-07-2007, 01:52 PM
Instructor

I've got the carbon grey. Only really messy thing is when it rains.... it's all spotty!!! Some of that will change when I wax it myself though, whatever they did before I picked it up wasn't enough (only had it a couple weeks-- and the weather's just been too nasty to wax!). I had a white car before which was REALLY easy to keep clean-- except when we were in Columbus (OH)... ick... it used to get this black film on it

What I like best of the ebony interior is that it's not the tan stuff (I'm just not a fan of tan interiors... even though I'm from AZ!). The ebony seems to show smudges fairly easy, but I put a little towel in there to easily wipe off the door and whatever else gets smudged. Was funny, since our closest dealer is about 2 hrs away, my guy scouted the TSX out for me when he was there for work. The one they test drove had wood stuff inside. He actually asked the sales guy, in a pleading way, if there was a non-wood option.
Old 08-07-2007, 02:13 PM
Old Man Yelling at Clouds

Received 7,362 Likes on 3,906 Posts
I've got Glacier Blue Metalic w/Grey interior. I love the color combo, my only gripe is the color match on the bumpers is not good. In the right light, there is a very noticeable color difference (at least to me). I'm wondering if that's just a by-product of the metalic paint on plastic as opposed to metal. But, in most lighting conditions it looks good. Maybe just something that I notice...

To do it all again, I'd probably look harder for a PWP w/parchment or black w/grey. But, it was an outstanding find as a used car so I grabbed it.
Old 08-07-2007, 02:31 PM
where is my garage?!

when i was looking for the TSX, my friend told me he saw a used green one for sale somewhere in the tri-state area.

i said no thanks. i think i've seen that on an acura somewhere. it's not for me.

NBP gets spotty too after rain. in fact, it only looks the best right after you wash/wax it. the in literally 10 minutes, dust ruins the work. *sigh*
Old 08-07-2007, 02:44 PM
White-Ebony-6spd

I had to wait 5 months to get the ebony on white. It was worth the wait.
Old 08-07-2007, 05:10 PM
Advanced

I have RBP with parchment interior. Love it and get a lot of complimants. It is darker though, so the dust can build up if not washed every week or so.
Old 08-07-2007, 06:40 PM
2005 TL (7/07-8/29/09)

No complaints about by SSM/ebony. Low maintenance required. It doesn't take much effort to keep clean. More time to wax and clean other areas of the car.
Old 08-07-2007, 08:14 PM
PWP/ebony/6MT/Navi

Originally Posted by jlukja
1. The PWP seems to attract bird droppings. Not the big bird bombs but the little yellow squirts. It only takes a couple of minutes after I wash the car for the first one to make an appearance. Against the PWP color they are very visible.
I'm TOTALLY with jlukja on #1 (no pun intended). I never got this much bird cr*p on silver or on dark cars! And varying colors that I won't get into!

But other than that, I'm still glad I picked the PWP/ebony (ebony hides most of the marks I would otherwise have on parchment already), though I would have preferred a brighter white with more sparkle. And not that you're asking, but I'm glad I picked MT too. Spent a few days with an AT loaner and it just wasn't the same.

If I had found a green I think that would have been my next choice (except for the parchment interior), though this is the only color I've never seen in person.
Old 08-07-2007, 09:32 PM
Pro

someone's getting lazy with the search button...
Old 08-07-2007, 09:35 PM
Poser / Fanboi

My major complaint was that there simply weren't very many 6MTs in any color combo. But especially in the one I wanted (and had shipped 600 miles to get) - MR/Ebony, 6MT.
Old 08-07-2007, 10:22 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Tsx6363
someone's getting lazy with the search button...
And yet all these people happily respond. The wonder of it.
Old 08-07-2007, 10:26 PM
Racer

silver and wit black interior is nice
Old 08-08-2007, 12:30 AM
The Mac

I have the Royal Blue Pearl with Ebony and absolutely love the color. This color is rare and very beautiful! I have received many compliment just on the color of the car. I have only seen one person with my color in my area (considering I see many TSX's a day). No regrets here. Color does show dust, but it's easy to clean off with the California Duster. Couldn't have chosen a better color!
Old 08-08-2007, 01:15 AM
Racer

I *wish* I could have had RBP & parchment. Limited color combos available in Canada, where the TSX also costs nearly 43K taxes in, thank-you very much!

There is a loyal RBP fan base here, search for a thread with the words Excited and Royal Blue Pearl.

I took NBP with parchment instead. The Black is a PITA to keep clean, but I'd do it again.

Our other car is metallic silver. We never have to clean that car!
Old 08-08-2007, 03:28 AM
Advanced

If the TSX is available in Moroccan Red Pearl (see TL), that would be my pick.

Quick Reply: What do you love or hate about your interior/exterior color choices for your TSX?