What do you love or hate about your interior/exterior color choices for your TSX?

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2007, 05:03 AM
it's a car-drive it

Received 262 Likes on 199 Posts
Originally Posted by hunterk1
My major complaint was that there simply weren't very many 6MTs in any color combo. But especially in the one I wanted (and had shipped 600 miles to get) - MR/Ebony, 6MT.
same color combo as mine-also mt-love it. the dealer i bought mine from had to get it from another dealer.
Old 08-08-2007, 11:06 AM
Yes it is!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 1Louder
I've got Glacier Blue Metalic w/Grey interior. I love the color combo, my only gripe is the color match on the bumpers is not good. In the right light, there is a very noticeable color difference (at least to me). I'm wondering if that's just a by-product of the metalic paint on plastic as opposed to metal. But, in most lighting conditions it looks good. Maybe just something that I notice...
I have PWP and I have the same complaint (my only complaint). In certain light at the right angle I can tell a difference too.

At first I was really worried because I bought my car used and I thought it may have been in an accident they didn't tell me about and repainted poorly.

But a guy at my office just recently got a brand new Toyota Avalon with pearl paint (more blue-ish on the Avalon then "creamy" on the TSX) and I noticed he has the exact same problem. So I guess no one has figured it out yet.

Other than that I love PWP/parchment. I'm lazy about washing my car so it works out great. My old TL used to be Monterey Blue Pearl and it drove me nuts. I used to be apathetic to white cars but now I'm a big fan.
Old 08-08-2007, 11:25 AM
Make a hole, coming thru!

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
I just acquired a Silver with Gray int. 2006 TSX. I like that the interior won't draw in heat like a magnet (I'm in the Southeast, and black int. cars will bake you when you get in). The silver is easy to keep clean-looking, and with the plain styling, doesn't draw attention -- until i downshift and stomp the gas. My other car is a rare, root beer brown-metallic '87 Jeep Wrangler, so I wanted a car which was discreet looking.

A friend also told me the she equates silver cars with "expensive/fancy." As in Merc, Rolls, etc. I test drove a Carbon Gray model, and liked the shade of ext. color ... but that black int. just doesn't cut it when the outside air temp is 100°.
Old 08-08-2007, 11:35 AM
Poser / Fanboi

Originally Posted by nj2pa2nc
same color combo as mine-also mt-love it. the dealer i bought mine from had to get it from another dealer.
Hallelujah, brother!

Me too! I had it shipped in from out of state, cost me an extra $500!

It was TOTALLY worth it, of course...
Old 08-08-2007, 12:02 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by T-Mac
I have the Royal Blue Pearl with Ebony and absolutely love the color. This color is rare and very beautiful! I have received many compliment just on the color of the car. I have only seen one person with my color in my area (considering I see many TSX's a day). No regrets here. Color does show dust, but it's easy to clean off with the California Duster. Couldn't have chosen a better color!
I think that is the color i want but with parchment. I had an Santorian blue Audi A4 w/ ecru(light gray) interior and i got alot of compliments.
Old 08-08-2007, 12:04 PM
RacinLife

I live life with no regrets
Old 08-08-2007, 12:11 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by dom
Nope PWP/Ebony > *
thats what im getting......., had a black on black and liked it alot..., but just want a change....
Old 08-08-2007, 12:12 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by fadinglionhart
I really hate how the cornered the colours for MT tsx's. I wanted to get a MT arctic blue pearl tsx with navi, however, honda/acura pbb thought it's too feminin to be deserving of MT, better yet navi. Therefore, i ended up with blk/blk mt with navi. The leather gets hot sometimes under the sun (no tints), and it's hard not to get swirls. BUT when done perfectly, I belieave the blk/blk is the sexiest combo.

Seriously......, I wanted the same thing......, but you have to wait like 6 weeks to get it...... now im going with the white on black...... and navi too........
Old 08-08-2007, 02:34 PM
Old Man Yelling at Clouds

Received 7,362 Likes on 3,906 Posts
Originally Posted by Deity711
At first I was really worried because I bought my car used and I thought it may have been in an accident they didn't tell me about and repainted poorly.
LOL - the exact same thing for me. Bought it with 4800 miles on it, and I was wondering if it got rear-ended. The Carfax was clear, then I noticed the front bumper also did it so I relaxed a bit.
Old 08-08-2007, 02:53 PM
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
PWP WITH Parchment interior is the best I have no compliant
Old 08-09-2007, 11:38 PM
Intermediate

I like my black on black, but the slightest dust and dirt marks make the car look dirty when they won't on the silver accord I have.
Old 08-10-2007, 08:36 AM
it's a car-drive it

while my tsx was getting it's foglights replaced I had use of a white MDX with light interior. I was surprised how I stuck to the seats when the vehicle had sat in the sun. I have not had that problem with my ebony int. it seemed the light int. got hotter than the dark-IMO
Old 08-10-2007, 09:29 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have a 04 PWP/beige interior...and I hate that they didn't offer the ebony leather in 04 in the PWP. It's so hard to keep the leather and door panels clean. I have kids and they make the task even harder.
Old 08-10-2007, 01:34 PM
Racer

I personally dislike the front seats of the tsx. It's not comfortable and it doesn't have enough support, like when you're taking corners you'll literally slide sideways. I think acura can do alot better than that.
Old 08-10-2007, 06:39 PM
Banned

Ya the seats aren't too snug but that makes it easier to sit in for longer periods. I've read that the RSX seats hold you in place but feel restrictive on a long drive. This was a major reason I passed up the RSX, the other being it has a rough ride. I probably should have test driven one when I had the chance but a lot of reviews were in agreement on those points.
Old 08-10-2007, 09:50 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by nj2pa2nc
while my tsx was getting it's foglights replaced I had use of a white MDX with light interior. I was surprised how I stuck to the seats when the vehicle had sat in the sun. I have not had that problem with my ebony int. it seemed the light int. got hotter than the dark-IMO
I've heard the exact opposite actually. And that it's because dark colors absorb more heat.
Old 08-11-2007, 05:43 AM
it's a car-drive it

Originally Posted by Overtaxed
I've heard the exact opposite actually. And that it's because dark colors absorb more heat.
i heard the same thing-thatis why it is recommended wearing light-colored clothing when it is hot-I experienced the hotter lighter interior than my ebony interior which also gets hot but never that bad. (knock-on-wood) go figure.
Old 08-11-2007, 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by wackura
Ya the seats aren't too snug but that makes it easier to sit in for longer periods. I've read that the RSX seats hold you in place but feel restrictive on a long drive. This was a major reason I passed up the RSX, the other being it has a rough ride. I probably should have test driven one when I had the chance but a lot of reviews were in agreement on those points.
I test drove an RSX and TSX within the same hour, and noted that the RSX seats were very grippy on my sides. Nice for a quick drive, but I also did a "turn around, reach behind, hand daughter a book" test, and I ... could ... not ... do it ... in the RSX. One of several complaints I had about it. (Spartan appointments, hard to operate door handle, lack of storage nooks, grotesque cruise control buttons.)

The TSX seats aren't super sporty, but the variety of adjustments keeps me comfy. Haven't driven long distance yet (this week I will), but I felt that -- as a part-time parent -- things that make chaffeuring a child are more important than feeling like I'm in a formula 1 racer. I still look at RSX' with a wistful "I was sooo close to having you" look. The honeymoon with my TSX isn't over, though.
Old 08-12-2007, 11:57 AM
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts
Thing with the seats in acuras are that the leather doesn't offer the grip you'd need from a sporty seat. You'd be better off going with bride seats if you wanted seats that keep you in place. Or atleast leather sparcos. It is after all a "luxury car". So far I'm liking my PWP / ebony combo. Paid the extra for the navi to get the ebony but well worth it. I'm still having trouble searching on the navi tho...
Old 08-12-2007, 11:21 PM
Instructor

i am still working out prices on a 2008 TSX but i am 80% that i am going to get one. At first i wanted one with parchment interior but i think i am going with the ebony. the quartz looks to generic to me. Still not sure which color to get. Dealer said he can get any color within a few weeks. i have a dark gray Audi TT with black interior so carbon is the only color i ruled out. my wife likes white but i think i'll get bored after a while. black looks sweet but i don't think i can keep up with the maintainance to keep it clean. red, both blues( not glacier) and silver are top choices so far. I got 3 weeks before my lease runs out to decide.
Old 08-13-2007, 04:57 AM
it's a car-drive it

Originally Posted by sluday
i am still working out prices on a 2008 TSX but i am 80% that i am going to get one. At first i wanted one with parchment interior but i think i am going with the ebony. the quartz looks to generic to me. Still not sure which color to get. Dealer said he can get any color within a few weeks. i have a dark gray Audi TT with black interior so carbon is the only color i ruled out. my wife likes white but i think i'll get bored after a while. black looks sweet but i don't think i can keep up with the maintainance to keep it clean. red, both blues( not glacier) and silver are top choices so far. I got 3 weeks before my lease runs out to decide.
GO RED-EBONY 6 SPEED
Old 08-13-2007, 08:13 AM

Originally Posted by sluday
i am still working out prices on a 2008 TSX but i am 80% that i am going to get one. At first i wanted one with parchment interior but i think i am going with the ebony. the quartz looks to generic to me. ....
I was tempted post-sale by a used Carbon (or blue? can't remember) with parchment int. + navi. But not for long. I'm not sure the int. looks all that great with single bit of wood-look trim. I prefer the brushed silver, and I'm really interested in a "metal trim" mod I've seen somewhere to continue the look. With the black dash, it's very nice and elegant. personally, I don't mind the gray leather, I don't think it gets as hot as black upholstery, and doesn't look like it's trying to impersonate a German car. I'm betting it will age nicely, too.

I'm sure people love the navi system (and CR rated it one of the most usable interfaces of all navigation systems they'd tested(!)), but reading the manual, I'm glad I don't have it. I prefer the hardware buttons for my a/c and radio controls -- easier to operate by touch while doing 80mph+ down an empty road. Just a personal hunch, mind you.
Old 08-13-2007, 09:32 AM
2006 ASM tsx

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by rb1
:gheylaugh:

I have ASM and it's been washed twice in 6 months. Still looks ok.

They should call it "self-cleaning silver"...

woooordd! lol even after i had to repaint my front end... my car was still dirty. but no one could even tell.. lmao... of course i did. but in general everyone thought it looked good.. haha.
Old 08-13-2007, 11:21 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by xjohnkdoex
i think the carbon grey seems like it's lower maintenance than, say, a PWP or NBP.

any carbon grey owners agree or disagree? i was originally going to get carbon grey, but i thought the black would accentuate the red lights, so i opted for that color.
Ya the Carbon grey isnt too bad. Dirt will show at close range but all in all it is pretty good - cetainly its better than black. Silver is probably the best for looking clean. I have a black interior, and it shows the dust badly. My previous car (saab) had an off-grey interior that was better at hiding dust.
Old 08-13-2007, 11:26 AM
it's a car-drive it

Originally Posted by davidspalding
I was tempted post-sale by a used Carbon (or blue? can't remember) with parchment int. + navi. But not for long. I'm not sure the int. looks all that great with single bit of wood-look trim. I prefer the brushed silver, and I'm really interested in a "metal trim" mod I've seen somewhere to continue the look. With the black dash, it's very nice and elegant. personally, I don't mind the gray leather, I don't think it gets as hot as black upholstery, and doesn't look like it's trying to impersonate a German car. I'm betting it will age nicely, too.

I'm sure people love the navi system (and CR rated it one of the most usable interfaces of all navigation systems they'd tested(!)), but reading the manual, I'm glad I don't have it. I prefer the hardware buttons for my a/c and radio controls -- easier to operate by touch while doing 80mph+ down an empty road. Just a personal hunch, mind you.
i have nav and it has hardware buttons for the a/c and radio controls-also voice activated which I don't use-i use the buttons and set the temp but sometimes I do the a/c using the manual mode