What do you guys think about a RHD conversion?

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2007, 02:37 AM
East Coast Crew

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by wackura
The observation about making tolls hard to pay, parking garage tickets hard to deal with, fast food drive-thru transactions awkward and cumbersome is the deal breaker. That's represents a lower quality of life. Why not hit your toes with a hammer? The fact that it makes the car worth $0 instantly is a close second, and needless harrasment by law enforcement a close third.

The OP must be 17 because of the pure instanity of it all, and the idea that RHD is a valid personal preference and not a psychotic one.

If I was realy cookoo and wanted a RHD despite it all I think it would be awesome to import an overseas Accord Type S because then not only do you have RHD but every atom in the car would be JDM with the Honda logos throughout. That would be something fun to see on the road.
I agree with you. Cops will pull you over every time you see one and they will give you a hard time. Who cares if it's legal? At least they wasted your time by pulling you over.
Old 12-16-2007, 04:07 AM
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
hey man...sounds like a big project...

I say just finish the project...and that would end all the doubts
Old 12-16-2007, 05:07 AM
Drives With Hands

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ILoveMyHonda
Just do it already. But, don't forget you can never use a drive through again, ever!

But you'll have an easier time pickin' up chics at a stoplight.
And getting map propz from street racaz.
Old 12-16-2007, 08:20 AM
Pro

Wow. This has to be one of the biggest, um, misappropriations of time, resources, and money I've ever heard of. There are infinitely many better ways to spend all of the above in ways that are less pointless than this conversion. Even if you took the money and threw it out the window, you'd save your time and everyone else you'd involve (to hopefully do better things), and somebody else would benefit from the cash in a real way.
Old 12-18-2007, 05:53 AM
Someday, an RS6 Avant+

Received 997 Likes on 535 Posts
I say do it

Originally Posted by visuelz
I agree with you. Cops will pull you over every time you see one and they will give you a hard time. Who cares if it's legal? At least they wasted your time by pulling you over.
Look, I think if having a RHD TSX as a novelty (A JDM Accord)is what you want, then import one. I think the gutting of the firewall is alot of work. Now, If you don't mind all of the work, go for it.

Here's an interior shot of my JDM 1999 Saber (a TL in the US). RHD is no big deal, and here in Japan, some people (not many) have LHD European cars. It's not that tough.

Old 12-18-2007, 10:26 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by visuelz
Why the hell would you want to do something so useless? It doesn't make the car look better nor perform better.
^QFT!