VENT: This community needs to grow up

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2006, 07:09 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
VENT: This community needs to grow up

I come here to discuss things about my TSX, possibly reverify its advantages over other cars and have some cool chats with a bunch of people who have the same car as I do.

Yet, every freaking thread I open is all about

"Wrong section you n00b",

"get the f*** out you n00b",

"your car is riced n00b",

"you don't now shit n00b",

"you got owned n00b",

"why did you buy the car if you don't like it n00b",

"my TSX is better than yours n00b",

"Do a search you f***ing n00b",

"Do you know what search means n00b?"

"You're a retarded n00b"

and blah blah blah,

I'm sorry, but it seems like I did buy a highschooler's car, cuz the majority of posts here end up being a newbie-bash party.

I even saw a post being locked because "the mod was going home and didn't have time to monitor it!!!"!!!!!! LOLLLLLLLLLLL!!!! No offence, but that's just brilliant!!!!

Every single post has some sort of a reference to some dude's previous comment about a "V4" engine in TSX. Oh my f***ing God, get over it already.

Everytime someone asks a question, 10 zillion people jump in and tell him to go do a search before posting. Is this a blog or a forum? Forums are for discussion. A topic may come up 1000 times before its beaten to death. A blog is where you post something once and ask people to refer to it later.

This board has a lot of potential with regards to pushing Acura into designing a car that a TSX lover is after, but these childish comments and moderation techniques will not help. We all bought the TSX because it was the best car for us and our budget. Why not use this great discussion-board and try to identify the TSX's shortcomings and advantages for other consumers so we have a strong feedback for Acura?

Yeah yeah yeah, this post will be locked and i'll be called a n00b and life goes on, but looking at discussion boards for other cars, I feel a bit disappointed.
Old 09-06-2006, 07:14 PM
My Garage

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
I like it here
Old 09-06-2006, 07:16 PM
Intermediate

What a great thread to introduce oneself.......Hi I'm BRODY and I'm a NOOB!!!!!

Now be nice!!!!!
Old 09-06-2006, 07:19 PM
no0bIe

Woooooopppppsssssiiiieeeeesssssss!!!

Welcome Brody ("YOU NOOB") to the AZ family... LOL.
Old 09-06-2006, 07:21 PM
Safety Car

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
uh oh..
Old 09-06-2006, 07:23 PM
Someone stole "My Garage"

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
The thing is, the discussions might be new to YOU, but for people who have been here for even a few months, they get old REAL fast. Searching not only saves time in getting responses to frequently asked questions/concerns, but also saves everyone from having to see the same basic question asked 6 times on one page of the forum.

You probably think that this place is immature compared to other car forums. I'd invite you to check out any domestic "muscle" forums, where even talking about another car will get your ass handed to you and a ban applied. Here, we freely talk about other cars (in the appropriate forum, of course!), and that is part of the fun.

And honestly, I've followed a few of your threads and you do whine an awful lot about your new $36,000+ CDN car. If you really don't like it, why didn't you get something else? Or, learn to live with it. We couldn't and can't control your purchasing decisions, so whining that a certain feature isn't included or isn't up to your standards, can only be the fault of one person.

I hope you enjoy your time here and learn to love it. The rest of us have. Those who haven't, left.

It's your choice. Either "Hello, welcome to Acurazine", or . The choice is yours whether you want to stay to see the plethora of knowledge this forum has to offer.
Old 09-06-2006, 07:24 PM
Team Owner

Received 105 Likes on 69 Posts
I don't think it's the community, I think it's you

Don't take everything so seriously. Most people on here do it for fun, I mean shit, if you think this community needs to grow up, then try going on Honda-Tech. You wouldn't last a day.

Just a msg for others, learn from your mistakes, don't make the same mistakes over and over again.

ANYHOO, WELCOME TO ACURAZINE AGAIN

:troutslap
Old 09-06-2006, 07:26 PM
Intermediate

i havent had any of that
Old 09-06-2006, 07:33 PM
Banned

I'm a noob and I search lol
Old 09-06-2006, 07:36 PM
My Garage

The thing I don't get is why do people complain about this place like they are bound to it? It's a website, if you don't like it here...leave. Simple as that. Why even type up a long essay, and edit it and put so much thought into it. You think you're going to change the whole forum? It's been around a lot longer than you. Either learn to respect it, or go somewhere else...

By the way, there is a old saying "there are two types of people, those who get the joke and those who don't." Guess which you are...
Old 09-06-2006, 07:37 PM
MACura TSX

Old 09-06-2006, 07:37 PM
Team Owner

Received 105 Likes on 69 Posts
Originally Posted by GIBSON6594
The thing I don't get is why do people complain about this place like they are bound to it? It's a website, if you don't like it here...leave. Simple as that. Why even type up a long essay, and edit it and put so much thought into it. You think you're going to change the whole forum? It's been around a lot longer than you. Either learn to respect it, or go somewhere else...

By the way, there is a old saying "there are two types of people, those who get the joke and those who don't." Guess which you are...

Old 09-06-2006, 07:47 PM
8th Gear

Now now people, lets be nice. I think he actually has some good points. Sometimes people can get flat out rude when its not called for. Also, sometimes people do search before posting, and still get flamed and told to do a search.

But I find that this is unfortunately how it is on almost every forum I'm a part of. G35 driver, Clublexus, and acurazine. So, I'm not so sure there is anything you can do to change the forums except just turn around and flame another noob who asks a dumb question. haha.
Old 09-06-2006, 07:48 PM
Banned

Thank you all for replying and confirming my original concerns! It sure feels nice to have the evidence handed to you without using the "SEARCH" button!
Old 09-06-2006, 07:51 PM
MACura TSX

Unhappy

Originally Posted by IranBT
Thank you all for replying and confirming my original concerns! It sure feels nice to have the evidence handed to you without using the "SEARCH" button!

lol well done sir
Old 09-06-2006, 07:53 PM
Bye TSX, hello domestic?

its not everyone else's job to serve you here people are here to help and provide information. if its already on the forum, then you should do your part and do your best to find it yourself.
My Garage

Big meh
Got Phó?

is piss. Dude, you need to take a chill pill. You sound like a :killer:. If you don't like, leave homie. No need to about it.
Old 09-06-2006, 07:54 PM
Someone stole "My Garage"

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
Had you not been such a n00b, you'd have searched "n00b whine bitch moan" and probably got 10 threads like this in the past 6 months, and never would have had to make this post.
Old 09-06-2006, 07:59 PM
Regional Coordinator (Southeast)

Received 3,833 Likes on 2,571 Posts
ok just for your information the only person i have been bashing since i have even known you were here is comptech-814 and thats only cause he post 3 threads in 3 days so far in the 'general discussion section' that belong in other sections. i give people a chance i dont beat them down from the start but when he doesnt it not one time but 3 times in the last 3 days then it is just him being stupid and not following the forum guidlines.
Old 09-06-2006, 08:00 PM
User Awaiting Email Confirmation

"we are so vain that we even care for the opinion of those we dont care for"

how about acknowledging the fact he even took time and effort to post his opinion...

Instead of discussing why he is wrong/right, the majority of you say, he should just go away if he doesn't like it here. You are agreeing with his observations by saying this but instead of trying to come to a solution, "Oh, every forum is like that...deal with it"

Immature and Ignorant responses do get annoying, but you don't have to read them...i still see plenty of helpful/informative threads here regarding the tsx and acura...keep scrolling and its like the others never existed.
Old 09-06-2006, 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by xizor
its not everyone else's job to serve you here people are here to help and provide information. if its already on the forum, then you should do your part and do your best to find it yourself.
No-navi, yo

Hilarious: 1) you actually kept a list of what people called you, 2) you knew people are going to tell you to do a search, yet, you still ignored the search function.

Good stuff.

Originally Posted by curls
Had you not been such a n00b, you'd have searched "n00b whine bitch moan" and probably got 10 threads like this in the past 6 months, and never would have had to make this post.
Old 09-06-2006, 08:08 PM
Pro

Received 13 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Comptech-814
Hahahaha

Anyway there is a very distinct juvenile component to this forum--I suppose that just comes with the car. But there is also a reasonable and mature side as well. Bear in mind that the person that gets mouthy to you here on an anonymous forum would probably never do so in person... so just ignore it. What they are going to do? Throw more l33t at you? Ooo, scary.

Since this is a discussion forum, it would seem logical that you can ask or discuss anything you like regarding the subject at hand without searching for previous topics... However, there are some topics that get recycled a lot, and they do tend to "clutter" things up a bit. They also push older topics out of the queue.

Using the search feature first is generally a good habit. If you find some search results that don't quite answer your question or if your circumstances are different than what has been discussed, feel free to ask your question... but preface your question with the outcome of your search and why it didn't help. That definitely helps to pinpoint your issue even more because it eliminates the things that were discussed before.
Old 09-06-2006, 08:14 PM
My Garage

Originally Posted by junktionfet
Since this is a discussion forum, it would seem logical that you can ask or discuss anything you like regarding the subject at hand without searching for previous topics... However, there are some topics that get recycled a lot, and they do tend to "clutter" things up a bit. They also push older topics out of the queue.

Using the search feature first is generally a good habit. If you find some search results that don't quite answer your question or if your circumstances are different than what has been discussed, feel free to ask your question... but preface your question with the outcome of your search and why it didn't help. That definitely helps to pinpoint your issue even more because it eliminates the things that were discussed before.
It may seem logical to you, but this site is owned and has rules. Some follow them and some don't, it's your choice, but don't expect everyone to laugh and giggle along side of you if you break the rules just because you don't think it's a big deal.

http://www.acura-tsx.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32197

*Before starting a new thread, please search first to check that the thread you are about to start hasn't already been written. When you find such a thread, you are encouraged to post on-topic in it.

*Please consider an appropriate Forum before posting your topic, there is a brief description on the Forum index under each board, of what can be posted. Users consistently posting to the wrong forum may be given a warning.
Old 09-06-2006, 08:14 PM

Originally Posted by junktionfet
Hahahaha

Anyway there is a very distinct juvenile component to this forum--I suppose that just comes with the car. But there is also a reasonable and mature side as well. Bear in mind that the person that gets mouthy to you here on an anonymous forum would probably never do so in person... so just ignore it. What they are going to do? Throw more l33t at you? Ooo, scary.

well said. also if you search and read over a thread and then post links in your question saying you read thrad a and thread b and still have questions you will get a lot more help.
Old 09-06-2006, 08:16 PM
Race Director

This is not just on the TSX board, but on all of Acurazine dude!!
Old 09-06-2006, 08:16 PM

It may seem logical to you, but this site is owned and has rules. Some follow them and some don't, it's your choice, but don't expect everyone to laugh and giggle along side of you if you break the rules just because you don't think it's a big deal.

http://www.acura-tsx.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32197

*Before starting a new thread, please search first to check that the thread you are about to start hasn't already been written. When you find such a thread, you are encouraged to post on-topic in it.

*Please consider an appropriate Forum before posting your topic, there is a brief description on the Forum index under each board, of what can be posted. Users consistently posting to the wrong forum may be given a warning.
thank you for bringing out the actual rules. I was just about to do that.
Old 09-06-2006, 08:18 PM
Advanced

IranBT, aren't you the one who's daddy negotiated everything during the car purchasing process and then posted complaint after complaint about the car?
Old 09-06-2006, 08:20 PM
Bye TSX, hello domestic?

Ask a stupid question and get a stupid answer. save yourself the grief by not asking the stupid question to begin with (ie: something you could search for)
Old 09-06-2006, 08:24 PM
Time to Climb

Received 48 Likes on 38 Posts
IMHO i have seen a few too many juvenile comments in various threads. but, by and large, most of the info posted in these forums is useful, RELEVANT info. some of you AZers have truly helped in the pursuit of perfecting my tsx. thanks to everyone and keep posting!
Old 09-06-2006, 08:33 PM
6MT & LSD

Some of you do seem overly sensitive about your car in your responses... for example, there's the thread about someone test driving a 4 cyl. altima and noted that it's pretty peppy for a 4 banger, more so than the TSX, and the responses were "the tsx isn't built to be a drag racer" (no, neither was the altima), "the altima is an econo box pos" (what's soooo luxurious about the TSX?) and so on. There was a thread where the poster mistakenly said he drove an 07 instead of 06 and he got so much shit for it.

Some of you do need to grow up a tad, and be more objective in regards to the topic and be more respective of the others, especially the newbies who aren't used to the "abusive" sense of humor.
Old 09-06-2006, 08:41 PM
Pro

Received 13 Likes on 5 Posts
I'm not the author of this thread, and my advice to the author regarding the search feature is virtually identical to yours and others here.

The difference is I tried to be mature and empathetic. I suppose I could've come across as juvenile and intolerant, or as some kind of faux authority figure... but I think that's really over-played here.

This discussion reminds me--good reading comprehension should also be a requirement in the forum rules.
Old 09-06-2006, 08:41 PM
Cruisin'

Remember that arguing on the Internet is like competing in the Special Olympics--even if you win, you're still retarded.
Old 09-06-2006, 08:43 PM
I spend 2 much time here

Received 103 Likes on 67 Posts
Old 09-06-2006, 08:43 PM
Burning Brakes

It is rather common for online sites to be a bit clique-ish. It was that way pre-internet, with BBS systems. It can take a while for a newbie to get up to speed on what is going on, and the old-timers may not feel a need to drop everything and explain everything over again for the new guy. Just how the online world works, I guess! And to a large extent, the real world as well.

I will agree, though, that some of you guys are excessively harsh. Then again, too many people today are thin-skinned at take offense at everything. Surely there's a way we can meet in the middle... We should be able to do some ribbing without it being a crisis.

And the TSX is soooo luxurious.
Old 09-06-2006, 08:57 PM
Living the Dream

Received 130 Likes on 71 Posts
Well IranBT is probably long gone by now, oh well.
Hell I've been told to search stuff after asking a question (now the nice people will post a link to the exact thread I shoulda been searching for). But never in the "you're a stupid f*cking n00b, search it!!" sense that he seems to be getting.

Or, what I've seen quite a bit, is if a particular question is asked a different way it will be answered no problem. Someone may come in a little later and post a link or "search it" answer.

I enjoy this forum, and the stuff that he was talking about mostly makes me laugh, some people do ask some dumbass questions on here that just gets the old from me.

Keep up the good work Acurazine
Old 09-06-2006, 08:59 PM
Living the Dream

Received 130 Likes on 71 Posts
Originally Posted by willith
Remember that arguing on the Internet is like competing in the Special Olympics--even if you win, you're still retarded.

Agree
Old 09-06-2006, 09:01 PM
Banned

:ibtlbybond:

Quick Reply: VENT: This community needs to grow up