Utah TSX owners..where you at?!

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2006, 03:07 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Utah TSX owners..where you at?!

Just wanted to see how many people are on this board from Utah?

Maybe just some info on the car, etc.

Let's see how many utah drivers are here!

As for me:

2005 CGP/Ebony TSX
Purchased from: J. Wilkinson Acura
Mods: none yet, besides tint. Fogs/wing on order
Price paid: 24,500
Miles: 6k
Old 04-30-2006, 04:27 PM
TSXmeister

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Here, here!!

2006 CGP/Ebony TSX
Purchased from:Mike Hale Acura
Mods: Future tint, maybe ronjon wheels
Price paid: too much!!
Miles: 17mi. upon pick up from the dealership
Old 05-02-2006, 02:21 AM
Intermediate

2006 CGP/Ebony TSX
Purchased from: Mike Hale
Mods: none, thinking about tint, any suggestions on a place?
Price paid: im thinking it was too much! >_<
Miles: 2.5k

wow, everyone drives cgp/ebony...
Old 05-02-2006, 02:29 AM
Instructor

daphne...ive got a place up in layton that will hook you up for under 200$ for the whole car.
Old 05-02-2006, 02:38 AM
Intermediate

tsxxy, my salesman told me that he could pull strings and get me about $160 for the car "with velcro" to help protect from scratching. any insight? consider me completely tint-clueless!
Old 05-03-2006, 10:45 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by DaphneLCC
tsxxy, my salesman told me that he could pull strings and get me about $160 for the car "with velcro" to help protect from scratching. any insight? consider me completely tint-clueless!
daphne..

i'd say it depends on the film used. regardless of what people say, all film is not created equal. that being said, i'd ask them what kind of film is used, and if it comes with a lifetime warranty. I just barely paid 199$ with felt to protect against scratching the tint, so if you can get it done @ 160 and it's decent tint i'd say go for it!

Marko
Old 05-10-2006, 02:41 AM
Intermediate

marko,
what would a decent tint be? ^_^ are there specific brands that i should be looking for?
thanks for all the advice btw

Originally Posted by TSXXY
daphne..

i'd say it depends on the film used. regardless of what people say, all film is not created equal. that being said, i'd ask them what kind of film is used, and if it comes with a lifetime warranty. I just barely paid 199$ with felt to protect against scratching the tint, so if you can get it done @ 160 and it's decent tint i'd say go for it!

Marko
Old 05-10-2006, 09:34 AM
Instructor

I'm back and forth between Utah and CA, going to actually be buying a TSX in CA at the end of this month. There's only two Acura dealers in Utah, so you're going to pay a lot more than Cali (I'm from Orange County where I have 15 Acura dealers within an hour or so drive, so I'll prob end up paying $27k - $28k w/nav). So if you see a CA plate silver/black new lookin TSX driving around SLC, thats me!

If you have Navi, you should consider a ceramic tint. Its going to be more expensive (double) but it has better heat rejection properties and won't mess with your reception.

Check out this place: http://www.formulaone.com/

Its the "luxury" division of Llumar. All of their films offer a lifetime warranty, and they only sell through authorized installers. They are picky about who they allow to be a Formula One installer, where as anyone can get Llumar, so you know you are finding a good install shop & a good tint.

Also, I've noticed that most of the best tint shops are also licensed contractors. This is because they also tint office buildings, etc. So look for a tint shop that is larger and is a licensed contractor.
Old 05-10-2006, 08:19 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by DaphneLCC
marko,
what would a decent tint be? ^_^ are there specific brands that i should be looking for?
thanks for all the advice btw
daphne i would say llumar or suntek. I recently put suntek on my TSX, and i must say it's pretty damn good looking. Keep in mind what thorium said about the ceramic tint w/ navigation if you do have it.

good luck and let me know if you need anything else.

Marko
Old 05-10-2006, 10:28 PM
Instructor

2006 RBP/Ebony/Navi
Purchased from: Mike Hale Acura
Mods: Clearbra
Price paid: Quite enough, thanks.
Miles: 1,100

I've had mine about a month and couldn't be happier. As far as I know, I have the only Royal Blue TSX in the state. For now, anyway.
Old 05-10-2006, 11:14 PM
TSXmeister

Originally Posted by Trophyhead
2006 RBP/Ebony/Navi
Purchased from: Mike Hale Acura
Mods: Clearbra
Price paid: Quite enough, thanks.
Miles: 1,100

I've had mine about a month and couldn't be happier. As far as I know, I have the only Royal Blue TSX in the state. For now, anyway.
I see that we bought our cars on the same dealership Mike Hale Acura.....how's your buying experience from MH? I have seen very few TSX in our area. Are you going to attend the "New Owners Clinic" this month (May 16th @6pm)?
Old 05-11-2006, 02:21 AM
Intermediate

Thanks Marko and Thorium for the advice In the next few weeks down the road after work becomes less hectic I will have to go scour for prices and quality!
Old 05-11-2006, 07:12 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by TSXmeister
I see that we bought our cars on the same dealership Mike Hale Acura.....how's your buying experience from MH? I have seen very few TSX in our area. Are you going to attend the "New Owners Clinic" this month (May 16th @6pm)?
I wish I could say the buying experience was good, but it was excruciating. I had to wait 4 months for mine to come in. I know that's not the dealer's fault. The problem was getting any updates or information from the salesman. Since I was selling my car on my own, I needed to know when the car was coming. I had the hardest time getting a straight answer out of them. They claimed to not know, but I know better. The information is out there. I always had to be the one to call and ask, the salesman never took any iniative to let me know anything. Once they had my deposit, they just forgot about me...and that ticked me off.

As far as the new owners' clinic...I was planning to go, but sadly, I have to work that night, so I won't be able to make it. I'll try to hit the next one.

Nice to see the other Utah TSXers. There are a few buzzing around where I live...even a couple of '06s.
Old 05-11-2006, 08:28 AM
TSXmeister

Originally Posted by Trophyhead
I wish I could say the buying experience was good, but it was excruciating. I had to wait 4 months for mine to come in. I know that's not the dealer's fault. The problem was getting any updates or information from the salesman. Since I was selling my car on my own, I needed to know when the car was coming. I had the hardest time getting a straight answer out of them. They claimed to not know, but I know better. The information is out there. I always had to be the one to call and ask, the salesman never took any iniative to let me know anything. Once they had my deposit, they just forgot about me...and that ticked me off.

As far as the new owners' clinic...I was planning to go, but sadly, I have to work that night, so I won't be able to make it. I'll try to hit the next one.

Nice to see the other Utah TSXers. There are a few buzzing around where I live...even a couple of '06s.
Wow 4 mos...quite a long time to wait! I waited 3 weeks on mine and it was painful during the price negotiation but worth it since it was close enough to my target price (Jody Wilkinson couldn't match MH). I also experienced that blackhole after putting the deposit felt like they forgot me until I called up and wanted to know the status. On a positive note, sales rep gave me an 06 demo for my test drive and allowed me to take it up to Park City....it was a blast to drive up there especially with using the SS mode. Around town (Layton) I saw a few TSX driving around....a couple whites (one on Hill AFB), a red one and black. Anyway I bought a california duster to keep the car clean (as well with my other vehicles)....should have bought this a long time ago, a great cleaning tool to have. Well hope to see ya' around town.
Old 05-11-2006, 03:45 PM
Kinda misses his Civic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sorry, i'm not a TSX driver, i have an 03 TL-S. just stoppin by to say hey to the utah drivers. maybe i'll see some of you at the new owners clinic.

what's up, TSXmeister? fellow Pinoy here
Old 05-11-2006, 04:42 PM
TSXmeister

Originally Posted by skwerm
sorry, i'm not a TSX driver, i have an 03 TL-S. just stoppin by to say hey to the utah drivers. maybe i'll see some of you at the new owners clinic.

what's up, TSXmeister? fellow Pinoy here

Hey....Kamusta skwerm!! glad to see another fellow Pinoy....
Old 05-11-2006, 11:04 PM
Instructor

TSXMeister, i'm in Layton too.. you havent seen me yet!?!
Old 05-11-2006, 11:27 PM
TSXmeister

TSXMeister, i'm in Layton too.. you havent seen me yet!?!

Cool TSXXY!! No I haven't seen you yet or any other CGP around town. You live in Layton? BTW got your TSX tinted huh.....did the shop who install the tint did a good job? I may do mine in the near future....do you recommend the shop that install your tint?

So far I have only seen a couple of PWP, a milano red and NHB. Trophyhead has an RBP but I haven't seen or notice his ride. Well if you see me on the road....honk the horn and wave at me!!
Old 05-11-2006, 11:42 PM
Instructor

Get a quote from these guys:

Formula One of Utah
4800 S. 150 W., #40
Murray, UT 84107
Phone: 801-261-3232
Old 05-11-2006, 11:53 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by TSXmeister
Cool TSXXY!! No I haven't seen you yet or any other CGP around town. You live in Layton? BTW got your TSX tinted huh.....did the shop who install the tint did a good job? I may do mine in the near future....do you recommend the shop that install your tint?

So far I have only seen a couple of PWP, a milano red and NHB. Trophyhead has an RBP but I haven't seen or notice his ride. Well if you see me on the road....honk the horn and wave at me!!
I've seen a red one, an arctic blue one, there's a silver one out near where I live and I've seen a couple of white ones, including an 06 with a hot blonde behind the wheel.
Old 05-12-2006, 12:06 PM
Instructor

well i live in farmington but work at Automatic Car Credit in Layton.. how will i know it's you?

I got my tsx tinted with 35% front and 20% rear. The shop i went to did fantastic, and they do many shows, etc.

If you want I can give you the number there, and tell them i referred you, you'll get a better deal.

Marko
Old 05-13-2006, 10:08 AM
TSXmeister

Originally Posted by thorium
Get a quote from these guys:

Formula One of Utah
4800 S. 150 W., #40
Murray, UT 84107
Phone: 801-261-3232

Thanks for the info Thorium I'll put it in my list and pay them a visit.
Old 05-13-2006, 10:17 AM
TSXmeister

well i live in farmington but work at Automatic Car Credit in Layton.. how will i know it's you?

I got my tsx tinted with 35% front and 20% rear. The shop i went to did fantastic, and they do many shows, etc.

If you want I can give you the number there, and tell them i referred you, you'll get a better deal.

Marko
Sure dude give me the number....also any scratching on the tint? did they put the felt as the other members here have mentioned?

Well my car is CGP has the wing spoiler and I'm Asian (Filipino) but the only times I drive the TSX are on Fridays and weekends, the wife usually drives it most of the time to go to work. Or you can see me driving an '03 Nissan Xterra (granite/gold color) with a load warrior rack on top and Hill AFBase decal on the windshield. See 'ya!!
Old 05-13-2006, 08:00 PM
Instructor

No scratching on the tint whatsoever, and they did a great job putting the felt liners on. They really know what they're doing.

Anyway, talk to Darrin at "American Window Tinting"

Phone # 801-547-0263

Tell him Marko from Automatic Car Credit referred you and mention you have a TSX like me, he'll know the deal.. or should. If not, i'll slap him.

Marko
Old 05-17-2006, 07:27 PM
TSXmeister

Just an observation!

Me and the wife attended the "new owner's clinic" at Mike Hale Acura.....had a lot people showed up. They had food catered and some gifts given away, so after the speeches by the service managers, we went and tour the dealerships maintenance bay with some cars (TL. TSX, MDX, RSX and RL) park along with some techs standing by beside them ready to answer any questions you may have. Weird thing is I noticed is when most of the people started heading toward the maintenance bay and gathered around to the representative model vehicle to which they owned....to my surprise most of the crowd gathered around the TL and mostly some young people. Guess what on the TSX there were only two couples who approach the car and tech and I was one of them...the other couple looks like in their 50s and I'm my 40s. I thought the TSX is more of a youth oriented car and the TL on the mature side but that was opposite of what I observed last night. So just to let you guys know when I sit and drive my TSX it feels like I'm a young stud!!
Old 06-06-2006, 11:11 PM
Instructor

Well, it appears I no longer have the only RBP in Utah. I saw one this morning on my way to work up on Hwy 193 by Hill AFB. It appeared to have a OE rear wing on it, but it was in traffic and I didn't get a good look.

I guess it was inevitible. So now I don't have the only RBP, just the first!
Old 06-16-2006, 12:09 AM
Instructor

would anyone be willing to make a trip to acura for a bodykit? maybe they'll give us a good deal if they have 2 or 3 committed buyers at their counter....
Old 06-17-2006, 01:41 AM
Intermediate

detailers?

so, im utterly in a state of mild depression now! accidently scratched my car on a pillar at the wal-mart and now there is a gigantic scratch.. okay multiple gigantic scratches. anyone know a good fair-priced detailer in town that i could go to? or would it be more worthwhile to hack at it myself.... i am a novice though and would be afraid of making it worse....
Old 07-01-2006, 08:55 PM
Instructor

daphne i would try autosmith... or better yet, i've got a guy from "repel applications" that just did a spectacular job getting out all the "cob-web" scratches on my TSX. IF you need more info PM me