Undercover Lights & Siren...

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2005, 10:58 PM
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Undercover Lights & Siren...

I have a dilemma that I was looking for some advice with. I am a volunteer Paramedic Battalion Chief of my local Rescue Squad. This position requires me to street respond to calls about once or twice a week . I have a 2005 TSX w/ Nav carbon grey / ebony. At this time the only warning device I have is an interior dash led light that I keep in my center console and put it up when I need it. This works except there is no audible warning device or 360 degree warning which is (required) by PA vehicle code. My goal is to keep the car looking great. I am looking for anyone who has done anything similar to their car. My thoughts are to use a remote siren similar to this, with a speaker like this , and ultimately a strobe package for the corners like this .

Here are the problems I am presented with that I am looking for help with:

Where to mount the strobe pack
Where to mount the siren box
Where to mount the siren speaker
How to access the corner lights to install the strobes
Best ways to run the wires

If anyone has any suggestions, I would REALLY appreciate it.

Thanks
Old 09-21-2005, 11:40 PM
Registered Schmegistered

Received 53 Likes on 33 Posts
Are you set on doing this yourself? I know this is probably not what your looking for, but probably any aftermarket shop or Car toys or something could do this install.
Now that I think about it though, I'm thinking that it should look pretty cool. There have been a number of headlight DIY'ers in here so I'm sure someone has some advice for you. Please post some pics when It's done.

James
Old 09-21-2005, 11:47 PM
HOWARD911S

Originally Posted by jdowd
I have a dilemma that I was looking for some advice with. I am a volunteer Paramedic Battalion Chief of my local Rescue Squad. This position requires me to street respond to calls about once or twice a week . I have a 2005 TSX w/ Nav carbon grey / ebony. At this time the only warning device I have is an interior dash led light that I keep in my center console and put it up when I need it. This works except there is no audible warning device or 360 degree warning which is (required) by PA vehicle code. My goal is to keep the car looking great. I am looking for anyone who has done anything similar to their car. My thoughts are to use a remote siren similar to this, with a speaker like this , and ultimately a strobe package for the corners like this .

Here are the problems I am presented with that I am looking for help with:

Where to mount the strobe pack

wow. i know its volunteer, but you are bataallion chief at 21 yrs old?
Where to mount the siren box
Where to mount the siren speaker
How to access the corner lights to install the strobes
Best ways to run the wires

If anyone has any suggestions, I would REALLY appreciate it.

Thanks

WOW, you are batallion chief at 21 yrs old? i know its volunteer, but ... dang... hm.. let me see if i can find something fo ur car
Old 09-21-2005, 11:57 PM
HOWARD911S

hmmm how about... if there is no need since HID is bright enough.. u probably dont need high beam. how about install the red and amber light in your high beam socket and put these on.. choose one..

http://www.galls.com/category2.html?...talog&cat=2707

and for siren.. im not sure of the size, if you do not have fog light,, how about mount these kit at the fog light area? mount 2 smaller ones..

http://www.galls.com/category2.html?...talog&cat=2665

as for REAR warning.. remember the rear bumper lower side has 2 red reflector? anyway you can get that 2 pieces cleared and install 2 rear warning amber/red light there?........so normally it would look white, just kinda aftermarket, but its practical kit.. see if any of these kit in here can let you run 2 sets of amber/red through 1 flasher control..
Old 09-22-2005, 12:43 AM
Regional Coordinator (Southeast)

Received 3,751 Likes on 2,535 Posts
First off where in PA are you located. Second of all you could mount the strobes in the headlights and in the reverse lights. you could put red strobes behind the grill and on either side of the rear brake light. as for a siren just mount the speaker next to the horns is what I would do, right behind the grill also. Once you let me know where you are located the shop I got to and know the owner just did a pretty cool install like that in a guys maxima.
Old 09-22-2005, 02:31 AM
2nd Gear

Thanks for all the help

I really appreciate everyone’s comments. Here are a few answers to questions you've asked.

Q: Are you set on doing this yourself?
A: No, not necessarily, I was more looking at is as an interesting project while also fulfilling a need.

Q: WOW, you are batallion chief at 21 yrs old?
A: Yea, I actually recently was promoted from Captain in the beginning of September, thus the interest to now install warning devices. Prior to the promotion I utilized a dash blue light. I know it does sound pretty young although I have been involved in this particular organization for 6 years.

Q: if there is no need since HID is bright enough.. u probably dont need high beam. how about install the red and amber light in your high beam socket and put these on.. choose one..
A: Although I probably could live with out the high beam, I would like to hang on to it just in case.

Q: and for siren.. im not sure of the size, if you do not have fog light,, how about mount these kit at the fog light area? mount 2 smaller ones..
A: I do not have fog lights. Great idea, I never thought of that.

Q: as for REAR warning.. remember the rear bumper lower side has 2 red reflector? anyway you can get that 2 pieces cleared and install 2 rear warning amber/red light there?........so normally it would look white, just kinda aftermarket, but its practical kit.. see if any of these kit in here can let you run 2 sets of amber/red through 1 flasher control..
A: I'll have to look into that.

Q: First off where in PA are you located.
A: I live in lower Bucks County (northeast of Philadelphia)

I look forward to any other comments you can offer.

Thanks again
Old 09-22-2005, 09:27 AM
Got Ramen?

it might be easier if you supplied a picture of the components to get an idea of the size and the shapes of them...
Old 09-22-2005, 09:31 AM
HOWARD911S

let me know which one you will be doing, i might just do the same thing to scare my co worker!
Old 09-22-2005, 09:41 AM
Guinea Pig

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
An emergency vehicle mod on the TSX? Thats rad! I wish I could legally put a sirene and rotating red light on my car. That would be the baddest Fire car in the world!

I can picture it now, the TSX flying through the streets with flashing lights pulling up to a burning house and out jumps a fireman to save lives from the TSX.
Old 09-22-2005, 09:43 AM
HOWARD911S

Originally Posted by CJams
An emergency vehicle mod on the TSX? Thats rad! I wish I could legally put a sirene and rotating red light on my car. That would be the baddest Fire car in the world!

I can picture it now, the TSX flying through the streets with flashing lights pulling up to a burning house and out jumps a fireman to save lives from the TSX.
no that wont happen.. you gonna see a fireman, park 1 block out.. carefully check if anyone gonna jack his tsx.. and make sure no debree will fly and damage his car.. and then he gonna run toward the scene
Old 09-22-2005, 09:51 AM
Guinea Pig

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Howard911s
and then he gonna run toward the scene
As he periodically glances back to see how good it looks from different distances....
Old 09-22-2005, 10:50 AM
Registered Schmegistered

Received 53 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by CJams
As he periodically glances back to see how good it looks from different distances....