Two sh*tty things happen in two weeks

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2004, 02:24 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Two sh*tty things happen in two weeks

Coming to summer school in college has got to have been worse on my TSX then my grades. First off I was lucky enough to find a parking spot under my apartment that had two empty spots (so I take them both up). No one has complained all summer about that so I figure no one parks there. Well anyway I go shoot some pool and grab a bite to eat with my roommate... well I should've driven my car because when I got back my car was missing and another car pulls in and parks there. These two fat as all helllll ugly *(@&#'s come out and I asked if they had my car towed. The girl says yes this is her spot, and the mom starts bitching about how they own the spot and they rightfully towed my car :sqntfawk:. Now I was pretty upset, though I blame mostly myself, because the ENTIRE LOT WAS EMPTY! and they had to tow my car instead of parking right next to it. Second... they only used that spot for 2 hours! Lastly, the damn towing company charged me $175 to get my car back. Since it was a stick, and was parked under... they can charge me whatever they want... oh well, though luck for me.

What makes this even better was a week before that I was at a hookah cafe and a SUV rearends my car while I'm inside. I guess it had a lot of chrome hanging out because the dent hit my trunk... sigh... The dent could've been worse... but knowing it's there kills me. I hate living on a college campus. That's the end of my ranting.

:sqntfawk: :sqntfawk:
Old 07-27-2004, 05:09 AM
Instructor

I've always secretly hoped that someone who takes up two parking spaces to protect their more-precious-than-mine vehicle would get some sort of cosmic payback.
Old 07-27-2004, 05:31 AM
BU
Burning Brakes

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts
WoW, that really suck...
Good luck the rest of the way.

Bender
Old 07-27-2004, 06:19 AM
Racer

I WOULD SUE THE BITCHES.........make them prove it is their space........are the spaces marked? Was there any way of knowing that that was SOMEONES space....

its has to be marked or numbered for what they did to be legal....if not....you have RIGHTS in this case!
Old 07-27-2004, 06:24 AM
John Starks - The Dunk

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by bgillette
I WOULD SUE THE BITCHES.........make them prove it is their space........are the spaces marked? Was there any way of knowing that that was SOMEONES space....

its has to be marked or numbered for what they did to be legal....if not....you have RIGHTS in this case!
get those biatches!
Old 07-27-2004, 07:03 AM
10th Gear

I really hate it when people take up 2 parking spots. There's a jerk in my apartment building who does the same thing. Maybe this will teach you a little lesson. I can't imagine you making the same mistake twice, unless you like paying $175 to go get your car.
Old 07-27-2004, 07:24 AM
The Voice of Reason

Since it's a stick, you're lucky they didn't tow it in gear, jump the timing chain and crash the head....
Old 07-27-2004, 07:56 AM
TSX JIGALO

hmmm I double park too but there no reason to hate... if there's alot of space out there and its far away then there nothing wrong with that...I do respect peoples parking spaces when there are no parking space available. In that case I DONT double park. I just park my car wisely. I usually look for an island to park right next to and its all good. If there's no island then I find something far in that case. Parking has been head case for me ever since I got this car. I'm just in paranoid mode when looking for parking. oh wells...
Old 07-27-2004, 08:48 AM
Advanced

Thats when you should take out ur car key when they aren't around and make a nice little Picasso replica on their hood. Then sit back, grab some popcorn, and enjoy the blissfulness of revenge.
Old 07-27-2004, 08:55 AM
Orangeblood

If the lot really was empty that was a corksucker thing for them to do.

Might could sue in JP court w/o a lawyer just to inflict some misery. Might get your repair paid for. Drop it if they seem prepared to fight.
Old 07-27-2004, 09:17 AM
Cruisin' the Azine's

Dude, if you took the LAST TWO spots up in a full lot then you're just looking for trouble, especially if you drive a nice car. You could take those b#@!*es to JP court like MarkPinTx said, but chances are if they really were paying for that spot (and others pay for theirs) then you'll just get thrown out. It sounds kinda lame to me tho. Look at it this way...at least they didn't key your car or take it to the batting cage. Be more considerate next time...
Old 07-27-2004, 09:37 AM
04 remembrance

Why in the world would you take both spaces if one is enough?

It's your fault attached by bad luck, hope you feel better though.
Old 07-27-2004, 09:44 AM

its karma...they probably saw you take up two spots all summer and finally decided to do something about it...
Old 07-27-2004, 09:50 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by clubber1083
Thats when you should take out ur car key when they aren't around and make a nice little Picasso replica on their hood. Then sit back, grab some popcorn, and enjoy the blissfulness of revenge.
Okay, even though you're probably kidding ... It can't be true that being keyed is the most heinous thing that can happen to a TSX owner, BUT keying someone else's car is the perfect revenge for a TSX owner!

Mike
Old 07-27-2004, 10:01 AM
Cruisin'

Fortunate for you, you didnt have the luck a buddy of mine had a few years back with his Cougar, he parked across two spots in an underground parking on a busy saturday night. Came back to his car but didnt notice untill the next morning that every single panel of his car from the fenders to the hood to the doors were keyed deeply. Claimed it through insurance and had a new paint job within a few weeks, finally gets his car back and as hes driving along to merge onto the highway from another highway gets punted by a Mack truck, so his car is gone for another few weeks. Finally gets his car back again only to find out his license is suspended due to not showing up to a court date for a ticket which he was not made aware of the date apperntly they lost his ticket so they claimed but still were able to suspend his license. Guess quite the string of bad luck sometimes. Well 175 bucks aint so bad compared to having to get a new paint job.
Old 07-27-2004, 10:02 AM
Three Wheelin'

double parked cars are just asking for it. imo.
Old 07-27-2004, 10:42 AM
DGH
What, me worry?

Originally Posted by DEVO
double parked cars are just asking for it. imo.
Old 07-27-2004, 11:48 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by mcourt83
Okay, even though you're probably kidding ... It can't be true that being keyed is the most heinous thing that can happen to a TSX owner, BUT keying someone else's car is the perfect revenge for a TSX owner!

Mike

Before I got my car i wouldn't flinch to take a key to a car because i didn't understand or appreciate how car owners feel towards their cars. I got my frist car, a TSX, 6 months ago. Now its different. I couldn't see myself doing that to another car just because i'd prolly cry if it was done to me. However the sight of these two obese women laughing at the unfortunate event of having my car towed, as it was for the guy that posted the thread, i would prolly crack and flip out. The way i feel is if something is done to your car then the key or bat comes out. If something was done to you personally or any other possession of yours OTHER than your car then u dont go after some1 else's car. It's kind of my "rules of engagment" if u will haha
Old 07-27-2004, 11:56 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by clubber1083
Before I got my car i wouldn't flinch to take a key to a car because i didn't understand or appreciate how car owners feel towards their cars.
Wow. So, it took car ownership to make you realize that vandalism is wrong and *GASP* might have quite a negative impact on another person. Shucks, owning a TSX really is a critical part of growing up.
Old 07-27-2004, 11:59 AM
Advanced

yea all those years of catholic schooling didn't pay off i guess.....until my TSX delivered me from sin
Old 07-27-2004, 12:03 PM
Instructor

Actually I double park because it's an empty parking lot. Secondly the spot I park is really tight, so it would be a three point turn to park in closed quarters, and since I'd rather not hit someone else's car or my own I just take up the empty spot next to me. But at the time I got it towed I was actually just taking one spot.
Old 07-27-2004, 12:12 PM
Instructor

Picture shows the small clearance in. Empty spots (alll summer long), and the pot where I park, usually double.. I have No Idea How they towed my car though...
Old 07-27-2004, 01:45 PM
Racer

Those spots are huge..and you feel the need to double park, why??
Old 07-27-2004, 02:20 PM
Instructor

because the garage is empty, no one parks here, and actually backing out is harder than you think because on the other side there's a small wall that is really hard to back out of.
Old 07-27-2004, 02:34 PM
The Voice of Reason

BTW, what parking garage has assigned spaces but has no numbers or letters on the spaces?

Old 07-27-2004, 02:46 PM
DGH
What, me worry?

Originally Posted by epkim
Actually I double park because it's an empty parking lot. Secondly the spot I park is really tight, so it would be a three point turn to park in closed quarters, and since I'd rather not hit someone else's car or my own I just take up the empty spot next to me. But at the time I got it towed I was actually just taking one spot.
I think you are missing the point.

Double parking attracts vandals. They see it, know that you love your car, and decide to fuck with you.

Why you double park is irrelevant. It makes you a target.

(That being said, the towing was unwarranted, IMO.)
Old 07-27-2004, 02:52 PM
Team Owner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by bob shiftright
BTW, what parking garage has assigned spaces but has no numbers or letters on the spaces?

something's fishy about this. I'd take those women to small claims court to recoup your towing fees. Make em' prove that that particular spot belongs to them.
Old 07-27-2004, 02:56 PM
Team Owner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I hate cars that take up two spots. Less so if the car is parked waaaaay at the other end of the lot among a bunch of empty spots. In my old Intera if I saw someone taking up 2 spots and the lot was busy then I'd sardine my way right next to them, on the drivers side door and park there.
Old 07-27-2004, 03:11 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by jlukja
I hate cars that take up two spots. Less so if the car is parked waaaaay at the other end of the lot among a bunch of empty spots. In my old Intera if I saw someone taking up 2 spots and the lot was busy then I'd sardine my way right next to them, on the drivers side door and park there.

see.... only took a couple of post to prove my point.
Old 07-27-2004, 06:32 PM
Just dial 1911

BG, master negotiator, attorney at law...
Old 07-27-2004, 06:36 PM
Just dial 1911

Originally Posted by jlukja
A good way to get your car keyed from one end to the other, or worse. Or did you not care about that?
Old 07-27-2004, 10:00 PM
I am Ahab!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

lol that's a joke.

Originally Posted by DGH
I think you are missing the point.

Double parking attracts vandals. They see it, know that you love your car, and decide to fuck with you.

Why you double park is irrelevant. It makes you a target.
agreed you're lucky they did that rather then just key the car. There's no reason to double park. Those spots are plenty big and there's plenty of walls to park next to. Put the passenger side close to a wall that way nobody can park on that side and the driver side has plenty of room for doors to open safely.

again, be glad that's all they did.
Old 07-27-2004, 10:07 PM
Hit me up

Originally Posted by epkim

What makes this even better was a week before that I was at a hookah cafe
woot woot
Old 07-28-2004, 02:55 PM
Drifting

Like someone said earlier...it only takes a 1 time for karma to catch up. Whenever I park in a potential tow away zone, I turn my wheel all the way over to the left or right cause towing companies can't turn your wheel without the key.