View Poll Results: Should I get a TSX or Accord V6 6MT?
Acura TSX - Probably in Satin Silver Metallic
78.69%
Honda Accord V6 6MT- Silver color/Black interior
21.31%
Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

TSX vs. Accord V6 6 Speed

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2003 | 05:06 PM
Advanced

Originally posted by adam fiooz
If you want fast, I wouldn't choose an Accord.
An Evolution or WRX STI

lol I dont want my car falling apart in 1 year.your clueless i got the accord because it looks good, its fast, and because its an "ACCORD"so i dont have to worry about problems.
Adam, that's why they make warranties. Sell it before the warranty runs out if it's a P.O.S. or lemon law them.
I suspect the cars will hold up fairly well since they are produced
for many markets around the world in different trim levels.
And you know that these cars are great additions to the market.
If I wanted a weekend around town fun car, the Evolution would fit the bill. The non-compliant bushings are a little hard to live with on long road trips though. Also, cheap interior.
Go drive one and find something positive to say for a change!
Old 09-06-2003 | 05:37 PM
Advanced

Look, either way both of these cars are great cars. I personally felt like the Accord was the better deal for me and the better car. That is just my opinion. Just because I have an opinion i'm not going to say that cars made in america are pieces of shit, but regarding the comment about "that's what warranties are for".. yes you are correct, but who wants to be visiting the dealership once a week. I'm not saying that these cars that were mentioned are pieces of shit, but I will say that the Accord has earned its name and is known to be a very reliable car and luxorious as well. If you can have high performance, fast car, and luxorious on the same aspect, then why not?

Anyways, I will be sure to enjoy my car and i'll post pics if you guys want to see.
Old 09-06-2003 | 08:39 PM

Congrates on the car man.if you want to speak to some peaple that know about cars and keep you up to date on mods for the Accord and other things go to ...http://www.v6performance.net/
peace
Old 09-06-2003 | 08:41 PM

roadrunner take my Di$ck out of your mouth already.
Old 09-07-2003 | 12:10 AM
Not an Ashtray

Originally posted by adam fiooz
roadrunner take my Di$ck out of your mouth already.
Just love talking about your private parts, don't you Adam?
Old 09-07-2003 | 12:11 AM
Not an Ashtray

Originally posted by jdibella
Well, I purchased my Accord 6 speed today for 26,500 out the door with Spoiler and Wheel Locks. The car is BEAUTIFUL. I test drove it and it handles and accelerates amazing. I got the Metallic Silver w/Black leather. BEAUTIFUL.

Stop the gay arguing and just respond how you feel the car is. Dont talk shit about people because they like a certain car. It is there personal preference.

The reason I posted this hear is because I want to get everyone's opinion. I posted it on other Honda boards as well and the answer there as the oposite. Thanks to everyone who could respond in a mature manner and give an honest opinion, and to those of you who seem to think what you have is the best and everything else is a piece of sh*t, you are the ones that probably dont work hard for your money so screw off.
Congrats, dude. Sounds like a great choice. I hope you enjoy it and drive it in good health.
Old 09-07-2003 | 12:13 AM
Not an Ashtray

Originally posted by tsx-fl
I like the fact the TSX is built in Japan. Cars built in the U.S. just don't have that kind of quality. If you don't understand what the TSX is about then it's not for you. Test driving it does not tell the story. After 4 months of ownership I could not be happier.
Is there any real evidence that cars made in Japan have a higher quality level than cars built in the USA? nearly all of the Accords sold in the USA in the last 10 years were built in Ohio, and the Accord has been extremely reliable.
Old 09-07-2003 | 08:24 AM
Advanced

Thanks to those of you who are understanding about purchasing a car. To those who find a need to ruin every thread on this board, screw off. You have turned me away from this message board. I cannot stand people that cannot post like a mature human being. I work with kids all day, I dont want to deal with them on here, so grow up. You know who i'm talking about..

Now, about the car ... The car was great. I test drove it and it was so smooth and so refined. I was really amazed. It's funny how every new Accord style takes a little time to grow on me and when it does I just fall in love with it. I was really surprised I picked up a Satin Silver/Black one as I was interested in the Nighthawk Black Pearl/Black but the whole cleaning issue of the Black Pearl really turned me off. I always keep my vehicles clean, but if for one week I dont have time to clean my car, I dont want to walk out to my car after work 5 days after that and say "my goodness, look how dirty that thing is"... The silver is really fresh looking and i'm going to enjoyj it. Thanks for the comments guys!
Old 09-07-2003 | 09:11 AM
Instructor

Originally posted by darth62
Is there any real evidence that cars made in Japan have a higher quality level than cars built in the USA? nearly all of the Accords sold in the USA in the last 10 years were built in Ohio, and the Accord has been extremely reliable.
Time will tell! You will see...That’s why I did not go for the new TL but bough the TSX instead. Talk to an Acura service department and you will understand. They should have recalled the TL because of transmission problems. Instead they fix the ones coming in no questions asked. I have owned 2 Honda Accords in the last 6 years. I have had issues right from the start with both of them relating to the way they were put together (things falling off and not lasting) and the Honda Dealer I dealt with did not care. They are into volume. Sure they were generally reliable but I still got rid of them once the warranty was over! My TSX is in another league. This car is going to last. No such issues of poor craftsmanship and the dealer is very attentive. The Japanese are working like the Germans on the TSX. Why is it the U.S. does not produce cars like BMW, Mercedes and the like?
Old 09-07-2003 | 12:05 PM
Not an Ashtray

Thanks to those of you who are understanding about purchasing a car. To those who find a need to ruin every thread on this board, screw off. You have turned me away from this message board. I cannot stand people that cannot post like a mature human being. I work with kids all day, I dont want to deal with them on here, so grow up. You know who i'm talking about..

Now, about the car ... The car was great. I test drove it and it was so smooth and so refined. I was really amazed. It's funny how every new Accord style takes a little time to grow on me and when it does I just fall in love with it. I was really surprised I picked up a Satin Silver/Black one as I was interested in the Nighthawk Black Pearl/Black but the whole cleaning issue of the Black Pearl really turned me off. I always keep my vehicles clean, but if for one week I dont have time to clean my car, I dont want to walk out to my car after work 5 days after that and say "my goodness, look how dirty that thing is"... The silver is really fresh looking and i'm going to enjoyj it. Thanks for the comments guys!
ONe question I have (to you and to morons like Adam F): What is the point coming to the TSX forum braggin about how much of a better buy you got than TSX owners? I'm not saying that justifies some of the less-than-supportive replies you received above, but I think it was pretty predictable.
Old 09-07-2003 | 02:24 PM

I dont brag about my accord here.i just bash peaple that make topics about the tsx being better then a bmw 3s and shit like that!!lol
Old 09-07-2003 | 02:25 PM

Darth im sorry if i hurt you man.lets kiss and make up.:-*
Old 09-07-2003 | 06:02 PM
Banned

I guess the moderators are on permanent vacation.
Old 09-07-2003 | 07:03 PM
Advanced

First off, i'm not bragging about anything. If you were to read the beginning of the thread, you would see that I hadn't purchased a car yet. Now that I have, i'm going to speak about it. I'm not bragging saying that you guys got ripped off. I stated that everyone has different tastes and that BOTH CARS are very good cars. I came to this board because I was interested in the car, but people like you make me glad I didn't get it because people like you think because you own an Acura that your better than the rest. This is my last post on this board because obviously anyone who owns another car other than a TSX gets attacked. It was nice meeting the more pleasant ones here, but to those of you like Darth, thanks for ruining the experience.
Old 09-07-2003 | 08:07 PM
5th Gear

I came to this board because I was interested in the car, but people like you make me glad I didn't get it because people like you think because you own an Acura that your better than the rest.
I agree.

PS I still think "adam fiooz" is an idiot though.
Old 09-07-2003 | 08:16 PM

lol
Old 09-07-2003 | 08:20 PM
Not an Ashtray

First off, i'm not bragging about anything. If you were to read the beginning of the thread, you would see that I hadn't purchased a car yet. Now that I have, i'm going to speak about it. I'm not bragging saying that you guys got ripped off. I stated that everyone has different tastes and that BOTH CARS are very good cars. I came to this board because I was interested in the car, but people like you make me glad I didn't get it because people like you think because you own an Acura that your better than the rest. This is my last post on this board because obviously anyone who owns another car other than a TSX gets attacked. It was nice meeting the more pleasant ones here, but to those of you like Darth, thanks for ruining the experience.
Dude, I really don't know what crawled up your butt. I went out out of my way to congratulate you on your purchase and wish you the best of luck with it. In fact, in two seperate posts above I said I hoped you enjoyed your new ride and thought you made a good choice.

Here is exactly what I wrote :

"Congrats, dude. Sounds like a great choice. I hope you enjoy it and drive it in good health."

In the post that you were reacting to, I was just commenting on your proclivity for getting annoyed when other posters were being less than enthusiastic . You seemed a little angry when other posters gave you a SLIGHTLY hard time after you went on and on about how much the Accord was a smarter purchase than the TSX.

For example, here was your comment to the board "and to those of you who seem to think what you have is the best and everything else is a piece of sh*t, you are the ones that probably dont work hard for your money so screw off." You had three or four seperate posts in which you told somebody to screw themself. Was that really called for?

I personally do think there are reasons to opt for the Accord, and think it make sense as a purchase for you. Its a great car, and I wish you the very best with it.

I just don't think it makes any sense to come to a TSX forum talking about how superior a value the Accord is, and then get upset when other posters get testy with you.

But, if a quick comment like that is all it is going to take to get you to respond with such childish anger, I suggest this forum is not the place for you. We're not into flame wars here, and if that is what you want, you should probably go elsewhere. You ruined your own experience here by getting some bent out of shape at harmless comments. Nobody else ruined it for you.

Adam, I don't have a problem with the vehicle you drive, or with you personally. I just wish you would stop ruining some many threats with your provactive comments. Do you really have to show up in every thread with one pointless comment after another about how much better your car is than a TSX? Its particularly silly since most of us actually love the Accord. You're just baiting other posters in an attempt to start flames, and that is rather pointless. We all welcome your comments, but don't hop from thread to thread trying to start trouble.
Old 09-07-2003 | 09:19 PM
Advanced

darth,
I do apoligize as I took your last post the wrong way. I was tired of the arguing amongst others in this thread and just wanted to talk about what the topic was meant for. I misunderstood your post and felt that you were attacking me. Again, I apoligize.
Old 09-07-2003 | 10:43 PM
Not an Ashtray

jdibella, no worries. Really, we're a friendly group.

In any case, as I've said before, I think you've picked a great car. I drove Accord Coupes for years, and loved them. I hope it works out very well for you.
Old 09-08-2003 | 12:43 AM

ah feel the love:-*
Old 07-01-2004 | 05:18 AM
1st Gear

accord vs. tsx

Take a deep breath, relax and take comfort in the fact that you are comparing two excellent vehicles and can't make a bad choice. I recently drove both vehicles and prefer the TSX ever so slightly over the Accord because of the interior design and the unscale features such as the Xenon headlamps, better sound system, automatic transmission that can I can shift and the low cost of overall ownership and general exclusivity of owning a premium brand car.
But, (there is always a but), the Accord felt more like a well controlled luxury car. For the same price, I test drove a loaded EX with the powerful V6. The car was silky smooth, quiet and fast. The interior was also very nice and made with high quality materials. The back seat was huge and comfortable.
Deciding factor: I am single and rarely transport people in the back. If I did, I would choose the Accord, hands-down. As it is, I prefer a smaller more agile vehicle and lean toward the TSX.
Old 07-01-2004 | 09:40 AM
Advanced

Holy old thread batman!

At any rate, I was also considering the TSX compared to the Accord 6MT and finally decided to go with the Accord. Why? Price and power. $26,131 (including destination) for the manual V6 Accord Coupe w/ Navi. I also wanted more torque than what the TSX has and can deal with the slightly less capable handling of the Accord. Sure I will miss the HIDs and some other features of the TSX, but you aren't going to get the perfect car when you are paying less than $30k. I picked the car that best fit my needs.

I didn't even have to haggle much with the Honda dealer. I first offered $500 under invoice and then they accepted my 2nd offer of invoice price.

Now, all I have left is to send a big old :sqntfawk: :sqntfawk: :sqntfawk: :sqntfawk: to the Federal Reserve for raising interest rates a few days before I finance my car.
Old 07-03-2004 | 07:11 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by SwankCLS
Holy old thread batman!

At any rate, I was also considering the TSX compared to the Accord 6MT and finally decided to go with the Accord. Why? Price and power. $26,131 (including destination) for the manual V6 Accord Coupe w/ Navi. I also wanted more torque than what the TSX has and can deal with the slightly less capable handling of the Accord. Sure I will miss the HIDs and some other features of the TSX, but you aren't going to get the perfect car when you are paying less than $30k. I picked the car that best fit my needs.

I didn't even have to haggle much with the Honda dealer. I first offered $500 under invoice and then they accepted my 2nd offer of invoice price.

Now, all I have left is to send a big old :sqntfawk: :sqntfawk: :sqntfawk: :sqntfawk: to the Federal Reserve for raising interest rates a few days before I finance my car.
I have to say that now i am a little worried about all these high prices for the Accord Coupe. The lowest I got from a salesman was 22k, I guess I should have accepted it.
Right now I have a $23,900 out the door price for a Coupe 6MT and I was hoping to get it less than that still. I had a $24,300 offered for Coupe with Navi and I didn't get that either....I guess I was undecicive.
I am also looking at the TSX and not sure how much I will be quoted for it. A month ago I was looking at the TL and I got a $30,500 a quote for it and I heard others were even paying over MSRP!!
Anyway I drove both cars and both are very very good cars. When you sit in the TSX you kind of "feel" that it just fits a little better. But it is not as powerful as Accord. It handles better than Accord. Oh I LOVE the gauges in TSX BTW.
So right now I am trying to see how low I can get the TSX before I decide which one to get.
I know this might be a stupid question especially in a TSX forum but is it true that V6 last a little longer than 4 cylinder cars because they are not under so much stress as smaller 4cylinder engines?

Thanks
Old 07-03-2004 | 07:25 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by tsx-fl
I like the fact the TSX is built in Japan. Cars built in the U.S. just don't have that kind of quality. If you don't understand what the TSX is about then it's not for you. Test driving it does not tell the story. After 4 months of ownership I could not be happier.
I guess a reminder is needed here, Honda ranks above Acura in both intial quality and long term reliability.

For me, I'd go for the new accord hybrid, after a test drive of course. Handling means nothing to me in traffic. I need high levels of comfort, stong passing power, and nice mileage at the front of the features list, not that the tsx doesn't meet those requirements.
Old 07-03-2004 | 07:26 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by tsx-fl
I guess a reminder is needed here, Honda ranks above Acura in both initial quality and long term reliability.

For me, I'd go for the new accord hybrid, after a test drive of course. Handling means nothing to me in traffic. I need high levels of comfort, stong passing power, and nice mileage at the front of the features list, not that the tsx doesn't meet those requirements.