View Poll Results: Between TSX and TL, which car would you get if price weren't a consideration?
TSX
43.81%
TL
56.19%
Voters: 315. You may not vote on this poll

TSX or TL: Who else would pick the TSX even if they cost the same?

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2005 | 11:36 PM
Cruisin'

I prefer saving gas over power sometimes especially when it comes to Honda Technology trannsmissions...
Old 07-12-2005 | 01:15 AM
Three Wheelin'

LOL larchmont
Old 07-12-2005 | 01:24 AM
Instructor

Sorry I can't read all 200 posts and my points are probably been said.

I had a TL loaner and it was refreshing to get my car back.

Although weight is not so different, TSX feels lighter, balanced, nimble.
I have some bad roads and hated the TL's shuddering over bumps.

I don't like v-6, the growl and vibration.

What's not to like about the power, but lots of american cars can do that.
I sucked more gas down in the TL in two days than a full week in my
TSX.

TSX is an amazing package, putting all the elements together at the right
balance. I expect my next car is a hydrid TSX.
Old 07-12-2005 | 01:43 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by jcg878
Man I love Star Trek too and not to rip on another RPh, but that's gotta be the geekiest post yet! lol

If the TL and TSX were the same price, the TSX would no longer be a value. Even though I prefer a smaller, more nimble car, I couldn't ignore that fact. Vote= TL.
Ah, the one I miss (as a former owner) is the G2 Legend. Continuing the metaphor, the G2 Legend was the NCC-1701 (not -A, not -D, not -E) Enterprise ... perfectly balanced. If they offered me a zero-miles, fresh-off-the-Sayama-assembly-line G2 Legend (especially a GS) for the same price as a TSX OR a TL, I'd pay full sticker. In a heartbeat.

But given what we've got here, I'd take the TSX.

TSX = JDM
TSX = No AT problems
TSX = Agile handling
TSX = Not too big, not too small. Just right, esp. in tight traffic.

If they could just give us some more low-end torque tho ....
Old 07-12-2005 | 12:50 PM
Just dial 1911

Originally Posted by ExHack
...the G2 Legend was the NCC-1701 (not -A, not -D, not -E) Enterprise...

Old 07-13-2005 | 12:00 AM
2*Much .NOT. Enough

Omigod, ninety-freakin-five pages of posts on this topic! What same person would wade through them all to find my sordid little post/reponse? Well, anyhow, I go with the loverly little TSX over the TL, even with even-steven pricing. Shoot me, castigate me, question my sanity ...
I like smaller cars. The TSX is about as big a car as I will ever buy, a tad too big perhaps but okay. Way too heavy, IMHO. You feel the weight in turns especially.
So, if the TSX is kinda big for my tastes, and way too heavy, Mr. TL is downright ... portly. Yes, Mr. TL has more power. And Kirstie Alley could probably whup Kirsten Dunst, too, know what I mean?
Yes, I am aware that the weight is largely caused by power this and power that, and more sound-deadening. Ah, for the simple days of roll-up windows.
Light, light, light. Nimble, nimble, nimble. Quick, quick, quick. Old age and creeping decrepitude has caused me to stray from my ideals somewhat, but not far enough to vote for a TL ...
And strangely enough, I'd take a Lotus Elise over a Cadillac Escalade, too.
Old 07-13-2005 | 12:24 AM
Got Phó?

If i wanted a car with power, i would rather get something with RWD. Like an IS350, G35 etc. TL body has to much lines and kinda looks fat. NOw, if we are talking about the RL, thats what i'm talking about. But hey, if we all think the same it would be a boring world.
Old 07-13-2005 | 10:34 AM
YBA
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by nagidizy
Omigod, ninety-freakin-five pages of posts on this topic! What same person would wade through them all to find my sordid little post/reponse? Well, anyhow, I go with the loverly little TSX over the TL, even with even-steven pricing. Shoot me, castigate me, question my sanity ...
I like smaller cars. The TSX is about as big a car as I will ever buy, a tad too big perhaps but okay. Way too heavy, IMHO. You feel the weight in turns especially.
So, if the TSX is kinda big for my tastes, and way too heavy, Mr. TL is downright ... portly. Yes, Mr. TL has more power. And Kirstie Alley could probably whup Kirsten Dunst, too, know what I mean?
Yes, I am aware that the weight is largely caused by power this and power that, and more sound-deadening. Ah, for the simple days of roll-up windows.
Light, light, light. Nimble, nimble, nimble. Quick, quick, quick. Old age and creeping decrepitude has caused me to stray from my ideals somewhat, but not far enough to vote for a TL ...
And strangely enough, I'd take a Lotus Elise over a Cadillac Escalade, too.

the best shoes in the world won't help winning a race if they're 2 sizes too big...
Old 07-13-2005 | 12:13 PM
Luke 1:37

I've had my 05 TSX since the beginning of March and my gf has had her 05 TL since the beginning of June. I've driven her car plenty of times now and I am so glad I got the TSX. It may be slightly more luxurious, but the drive just doesn't feel the same as the sporty TSX. Yes the stock version of the TL is better looking, but with my exterior mods, it looks way better than a stock TL or modified TL IMO. That's just my
Old 07-17-2005 | 02:38 PM
1st Gear

TL Hands Down

My wife leased a 05 TL in December and I bought a TSX last week so we have both . The TL is better in almost every way power, comfort, sound system, looks (IMHO). We took the TL on a 1700 mile trip from Kansas to Deadwood South Dakota and averaged 31.5MPG drove around 80 on the interstste and 70 on the 2 lanes (I was very imperssed with the mileage). My TSX will out handle the TL, but the TL will blow the doors off of the TSX in a straight line. In our 12.5 mile commute to work the fuel mileage is nearly identical. The TSX would be kick ass with the TL's V-6.

Bob

2005 PWP 5AT
Old 07-17-2005 | 04:57 PM
Drifting

My Dad has an 05 TL and I have an 04 TSX. I love both of them but for me, the TSX is better. The TL fits him better because it drives more like a luxuary car whereas my TSX drives like a 'sports' car. I don't think the TL or the TSX are better looking than eachother but many have told me that they like the interior of my car over the interior of my dad's. In terms of power, the TL is much faster. That car takes off when you punch it whereas in the TSX, you have to wait a little bit for it to get going. All in all, both are AWSOME cars.. you really can't go wrong with either. Here are a few pics of our cars. Hope ya like em!

Old 07-17-2005 | 06:00 PM
Drives With Hands

TL is just a little big for me. It has a wife-and-kids feel to it that I can't jive with, probably because I don't have a wife and kids.