TSX or TL??? Which?

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2003, 07:50 AM
wiz
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by MatrixDude
Does anyone have any suggestions on TINTing a cars window?
where, cost wise, what type and degree

I will be having a
04 TSX/5PT/Blk/Blk
I have 20% tint on my CG and I paid $180 (or somewhere around there). And yes, I do have pics...they are on the last page at http://imageevent.com/tsx_wiz/mytsx.
Old 07-22-2003, 08:52 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Jaeger
HUGE? Compared to what? The trunk of the TSX is actually fractionally smaller than that of my wife's Civic.
The TSX's trunk is the same size as my 99 Accord's, just a different shape. I would call it a big trunk for a compact car. It's 13 cubic feet, which is the same size as the Civic's.
Old 07-22-2003, 09:18 AM
Advanced

Originally posted by Iceman
The TSX's trunk is the same size as my 99 Accord's, just a different shape. I would call it a big trunk for a compact car. It's 13 cubic feet, which is the same size as the Civic's.
Actually the TSX trunk is 12.8 cu. ft., compared to 12.9 for the Civic - I did say it was fractionally smaller. Recall that that the original question was a comparison of the TSX to the TL, not to other compact cars. In this context, the description of the TSX trunk as HUGE! seemed to me a bit of over-enthusiastic hyperbole.

While the TSX does offer more trunk space than some of its competitors, it still can't touch the 15 cu. ft. offered by the similarly-sized Saab 9-3.

Cheers,

Jaeger
Old 07-22-2003, 11:33 AM
More On

Originally posted by Jaeger
HUGE? Compared to what? The trunk of the TSX is actually fractionally smaller than that of my wife's Civic. Less rear seat leg room as well.....
R U sure? Don't know about the trunk, but I'm very doubtful about the TSX having less rear leg room. I wonder if it's just a thing of how far back the front seat was at the time.
Old 07-22-2003, 12:54 PM
Advanced

Originally posted by larchmont
R U sure? Don't know about the trunk, but I'm very doubtful about the TSX having less rear leg room. I wonder if it's just a thing of how far back the front seat was at the time.
Yes, I'm sure. And yes, I was surprised too. There are standard measurements for head room, leg room and shoulder room, both front and rear (though I don't claim to know how those measurements are taken). Figures listed by both Acura / Honda and various automotive publications show the TSX with rear leg room of 34.2 in. and the Civic Sedan with 36 in.

On my second test drive of the TSX I drove my wife's Civic to the dealership for a direct comparison. Having set the TSX driver's seat to a comfortable driving position, I "sat behind myself" in the back seat. My knees touched the back of the front (driver's) seat unless splayed outward. In the same position in the back of the Civic, no touch. Not scientific perhaps, but confirmation of the official numbers. In fairness, headroom is nearly indentical and the TSX does have an edge in shoulder room, but legroom is the more critical measure for me. And bear in mind also that the TSX is a longer, taller and wider car than the Civic. (It's a European Accord for crying out loud). All the more suprising that the rear seat dimensions should be so close to that of the humble Civic.

Cheers,

Jaeger
Old 07-22-2003, 04:01 PM
Instructor

Originally posted by MatrixDude

Any comments why Acura has come up with new advertisements for the TL, RL and the RSX and yet I haven't seen a single one for the TSX. How come? Everyone is praising the TSX as if its the next best thing yet no serious pro-active effort made by Acura to spread the word and sell it. And stats have shown that in sales, the TL and RL are still leading the TSX. How come? Im wondering if the 04 TSX is merely a guinea pig in the eyes of car marketers?

MatrixDude,

I saw a terrific ad for the TSX on TV, and someone on here steered me to it at:
http://www.vtec.net/forums/one-messa...age%5fid=88354

It's about 8Megs, but you can download it pretty quickly if you're on broadband. I like the ad because it shows off the sound of the TSX at full chat, as the car writers say. Play it with headphones on or with good speakers.

Good luck on your decision. I was facing the same one. but finally decided on the TSX based on the way it handles (see my thread here - TV Ads) and on all the goodies, including the nav, which I like for the same reason you do. And I can get into it for $50 per month or so less than the TL. I know the TL is still a good choice, and if the TSX doesn't come in soon, this Dodge Stratus rental car may drive me back to it.
Old 07-22-2003, 04:02 PM
Instructor

By-the-way, if the ad link doesn't work, copy it and paste it.
Old 07-22-2003, 04:06 PM
Instructor

I see it was gcomstock who liked the navi rather than MatrixDude. Once you turn 50, your memory will only be a memory. And a dim one at that.
Old 07-22-2003, 04:34 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
that is a hard chioce, I would take the TL if you dont mind that there will be a redesign next year or so. Reason being tl has power passenger seat, driver seat has a memory feature. The Tl should be more roomy and has an available type s = more power. The TSX on the other hand has a lot of new stuff including a very aggresive look inside and outside. Best Navi I have seen. If you are buying now get the tl or wait thill next year and get the new model.
Old 07-22-2003, 07:54 PM
More On

Originally posted by acur8ly
that is a hard chioce, I would take the TL if you dont mind that there will be a redesign next year or so. Reason being tl has power passenger seat, driver seat has a memory feature. The Tl should be more roomy and has an available type s = more power. The TSX on the other hand has a lot of new stuff including a very aggresive look inside and outside. Best Navi I have seen. If you are buying now get the tl or wait thill next year and get the new model.
BTW -- great name you got!

Yeah, if you want "features," and if the extra power is very important. But -- it doesn't sound like you've driven the TSX; pardon me if you have. The TSX feels as though it's more powerful than it is on paper; plus, it's much more nimble and much more sporty than the TL, even the TL-S. Depends on what you want.

Of course I'm biased, because I have a TSX. But then again, maybe not, because I gave up an '03 TL-S to get it!!! (And even paid out extra in the bargain.)