TSX or TL??? Which?

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2003, 12:56 AM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question TSX or TL??? Which?

I am about to purchase my very 1st Acura, but I'm caught between choosing either the 03 TSX 5AT/Blk/Blk or 03 TL blk/parchment.

Here are the following considerations or factors:

1. I drive 100 miles/daily (mostly highway). I need robust reliability as far as performance goes.

2. I do like luxury. Good leather interior

3. Interior space is important for me.

4. Power: Im moving from a 00' accord to either of these two cars, so I would like some gusto (i.e., hps)

5. features:both seem equal in this department

6. Space: leg, shoulder room

So which should I choose? I've test driven each car and I like both but each has their own syle and attractive features.

I'd appreciate some assistance/advice.

Thanks
Old 07-20-2003, 01:18 AM
Pro

TSX seats have been reported to be somewhat uncomfortable over long distances. They are giving away the TL S-Types, look into that for added performance.
Old 07-20-2003, 01:21 AM
Instructor

I.M.H.O. These 2 are very different cars based on appearances alone. the TL is beautiful but gives off that "Dad" or Grandpa image. The TSX on the other hand gives off a much sportier appearance. The TL to me screams GOLFER!! the TSX, however screams nothing else but... FUN!!!!!

p.s. I'm a golfer
Old 07-20-2003, 01:32 AM
More On

Welcome! OK, my proverbial $0.02.

No, considering that I had an '03 TL-S before the TSX, I can probably say $0.03:

(1) Reliability probably great for either one. Of course inevitably it's uncertain in a new model, but, three things on TSX's side: it's an Acura; basically the same car existed in Japan for a few months before it debuted here and it did well; and it's been looking real good here so far. Let's put it this way: I'm a "reliability nut" myself, and I thought it was good enough for me. And so far, it has been -- and, not that you can necessarily project anything from how a car feels, but this car feels SOLID.

(2) To me, equally good on both. TSX is not lacking in interior luxury.

(3) TL of course roomier, but TSX surprisingly roomy for a car its size, rear seat especially; feels roomier than comparable cars, such as Audi A4. Some larger people have complained that the front is too tight, but most don't. For me, the fact that the TSX is a bit "snugger" side-to-side than the TL-S is a PLUS (I'm like 5'10", 165).

(4) A little less feeling of power than the TL-S, but I don't think it's any less than the "regular" TL. (By the way, if you're seriously considering TL, you should try the TL-S, which is more like the TSX and maybe more what you're looking for. The TL, in my opinion, is really a totally different car.) Most people find that the TSX feels and acts much more powerful than the specs suggest.

(5) Actually, unfortunately, you're a bit wrong about that. TL has various neat features that TSX doesn't, and which aren't even available as options. I don't remember them all, but some of them are memory seats, power passenger seat, and sun visor extender. But I haven't much missed them, given the advantages of the TSX.

(6) Space: really covered before.

Which to choose? Can't tell you; depends what you want. I jumped at the TSX because I wanted a smaller, more nimble, more fun car. Compared to TSX, the TL (or TL-S) is really somewhat boaty, but gives a more comfortable ride. With the TSX, you really feel certain kinds of bumps, such as freeway expansion joints. But the TSX ride is very solid and stable, and even with those "bumps," it's remarkable how instantly the car regains its stability and steadiness; immediately you're "right there" again. Another thing: To me the TSX feels more solid and better-put-together than TL or TL-S -- maybe because it's made in Japan and the others aren't, which I didn't know when I got the TL-S.

Thanks for asking -- we always enjoy answering things like this!
Old 07-20-2003, 01:49 AM
10th Gear

Thanks fellow TSX members, I appreciate the advice. Keep it coming. I'm also 5'10" 170lbs and so leg, head and shoulder room are important, especially when considering consitent long drives. In addition is the comment larchmont made regarding how sensitive the TSX might be on 'bumps'. I wish somehow you could combine that comfort ride with the sportyness of the TSX.

It does sound like many TL owners seem to have lost interest in their cars as theyre referring to them as 'boaty'. Also I am curious, has anyone noticed an incredible surge of TLs on the road? Ilive incentral New Jersey and it seems here atleast the three top sellers on the road are: TL, Toyota Camry and Hondas.
I never imagined a Acura to be selling this strong. Could be because dealers are willing to come down considering its the farewell year for the TL.

Questions:
- Is the underbody option really necessary or more for aesthetics?
- TINT: Im getting Blk/Blk, so does anyone have any advice where I can get a good TINT job? Never have done this before.
- Seats: does anyone if its possible toreplace the seats later on opting for more comfort/luxury ones?
- Anyone have complaints/concerns on the very small Xenon headlightson TSX compared to the larger ones on TL?
Old 07-20-2003, 01:52 AM
fdl
Senior Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Buff-Daddy
TSX seats have been reported to be somewhat uncomfortable over long distances. They are giving away the TL S-Types, look into that for added performance.

Most have raved about how comfortable the TSX seats are. I think they are great.
Old 07-20-2003, 02:00 AM
More On

Originally posted by MatrixDude
.....regarding how sensitive the TSX might be on 'bumps'. I wish somehow you could combine that comfort ride with the sportyness of the TSX.

It does sound like many TL owners seem to have lost interest in their cars as theyre referring to them as 'boaty'. Also I am curious, has anyone noticed an incredible surge of TLs on the road? Ilive incentral New Jersey and it seems here atleast the three top sellers on the road are: TL, Toyota Camry and Hondas.
I never imagined a Acura to be selling this strong. Could be because dealers are willing to come down considering its the farewell year for the TL.

Questions:.....
- Seats: does anyone if its possible toreplace the seats later on opting for more comfort/luxury ones?
- Anyone have complaints/concerns on the very small Xenon headlightson TSX compared to the larger ones on TL?
Interesting stuff.

Yes, I've noticed a surge of TL's, and yes, I would guess that you've got the right reason but I'm not sure. Also -- those of us who've lost interest in the TL because of it being "boaty" may be just a small portion of the market. You see a lot of that on this site, but maybe that's just because we tend to be that type of customer.

About the seats: I know it's been mentioned here that some people have complained about the TSX seats, but I really don't think that's been a common complaint. Most people (me included) feel the TSX seats are great.

About the headlights: Yes -- me. I've posted a number of times that I really miss the TL headlights, which were extraordinary. But almost everybody thought I was nuts. Most people feel the TSX lights are outstanding. Maybe it's not so much a better-or-worse thing, but just different. All I know is that the TL's lights definitely suited me better. To me, they were out of this world.

Still, no regrets over making the switch. Not even close.
Old 07-20-2003, 02:05 AM
7th Gear

Well i jsut picked my TSX up yesterday, and like Larchmont i traded in a brand New Acura 2003, Ecept mine was a RSX Type S,

TSX was a definite winner in my eyes ever since i first saw it, I was debating getting the Lexus IS300 before i saw the TSX and there was no comparison.

TSX seats are very comfortable and Leather is Nice. The interior is Mint, SO much detail has been put into the tsx interior, that you can tell instantly, To me the TSX is alot better than the TL (the current TL,) 2004 who knows.
Power is very good, very responsive, it has the smoothest transmission i have ever driven. Suspension is very good, unibody construction compliments it very well
good luck in your decision if you do get the TSX you will be very happy with it, ally ou got to decide on is do you want the Navigation or not, becuase when it coems to the TSX thats the hardest decison they have to make, not if they want the car or not
Old 07-20-2003, 04:53 AM
Advanced

well... there are two thing...

1) driving 100mi/ each day
2) comfortability

I gotta say, for smaller people who are like me 5'5 and 125lb, as a driver the driver seat is always comfortable in a TSX. But as far as ride quality and back support for a long distance driver to and from work, all these things are important in my mind. A TL, definetly have an upper hand over a TSX. IMO a TSX is an Accord, even tho its different, the class stays the same. And the TL is the more luxurious car in the fleet... its like a 1s300 compared to a es300. The TL is indeed quiet, and the ride response is very soft on the road, where as the TSX is more of an agressive set with the suspension so the ride might be more "sporty."

I donno how old you are, but i know that when I started working in San Francisco, I first drove a 200sx to adn from SF, I live in the east bay, so each day its about a 70 mile drive. Then I drove my dads Volvo and you can feel the back support much more greatly, and i must say back support is important. The TSX seats are made to be more of a sporty feel where you bucketed in the seat, so to us "play" kids the car is much more fun and you can take corners faster without sliding around. But the TSX seats are definatly not gonna be as large and forgiving than the seats in a TL. The TL is made for a luxurious ride and meaning more room and the comfort level is for some director with a corner office after a hard days work, would like to sit in a nice seat and a quite ride home. Esp you drive about 100 mi each day.

To me im very stereotypical about cars and age because it tells much about a person, but since this post is not about that, then we won't say much =D But from what your asking... I really believe that you should get a TL, the new 04's are comming out and I don't think it will hurt to wait a while to see what else is hiding behind acura doors; because this is such a delimma for you.

Seats can be changed of coruse... but that is much more, esp if you are finding really nice seats.

So in my opinon, you should get a TL because IMO i think it fits what you in your list of importance.
Old 07-20-2003, 07:48 AM
10th Gear

Kidd,

I'm 38 but Ive driven everything from a BMW 540i to a Honda Accord LX, so I'm not sure if age is the issue. I'm wondering if the primary use for this car, being daily long distance, would work against the TSX. ALthough I like the way it looks and its features are remarkable. No decision has been made yet, and I have until tomorrow morning.

From what I have heard the new TLs and the new RL will be incredible. The dealer was telling me yesterday that the new TL is a combination of the current TL and RL and the new product Acura is reaching for may come close to or be in the 400 hp range.
In addition the new TL will have the engine techonology of the TSX, so TSX is the groundbreaker in a sense. Price wise the new TL will be much higher so I'd rather wait a few years before I consider this new one.

The thing that bothers me about the TL is the fact its being discontinued, which puts it in the category of the old Legend and Integra, but time doesn't stand still.

One main reason why I am caught between the TSX and TL is the fact the features offered in each are about the same with the TL having a slight edge on memory seating, which to me is irrelevant anyways.

Question for everyone:
Although the choice of color combinations is a personal matter,
if you had a Blk exterior, what color interior would you choose?
Ive chosen black interior as well but am wondering if parchment wouldve been a better choice giving the wood trim.
Old 07-20-2003, 08:33 AM
'12 TL (prev '04 TSX 6MT)

Originally posted by fdl
Most have raved about how comfortable the TSX seats are. I think they are great.
A friend of mine who owns a Jetta rode in my TSX last night, and he specifically commented that he liked the seats. He said they've got more side bolstering(?) to keep you in place in the turns. Not sure how they compare to the TL for comfort though.
Old 07-20-2003, 08:39 AM
'12 TL (prev '04 TSX 6MT)

The TSX has certain advantages over the TL:
- smaller size gives it better handling
- more fuel efficient, but probably only a couple mpg better than TL-S
- option manual transmission (a big plus for a lot of us here)
- brand new model at a good price, whereas the 2004 TL will be considerably more expensive. The 2003 TL compares in price, but is the outgoing model.

I know there are other things, but these were the main ones to come to mind. From your description of what you need, it doesn't seem like these advantages are necessarily the things that are important to you, like they were to us.

For a highway cruiser, it seems like the TL-S is an excellent car.
Old 07-20-2003, 10:10 AM
More On

......The dealer was telling me yesterday that the new TL is a combination of the current TL and RL.....
One of my old dealers said sort of the same thing. Depending of course on exactly how they mean that, if it's true it would seem to mean that just about all the specific buzz about the new TL (see that long thread on "News & Rumors) would be wrong. In terms of character of the car, the buzz seems to indicate it'll be more like a combination of the current TL and the BMW 330.

Count Blah -- about the gas mileage, according to my experience the difference between TSX and TL-S is more than you seem to be saying -- more like 6 mpg.
Old 07-20-2003, 10:14 AM
More On

About the color -- I guess the reason no one here is commenting on it yet is that it's not as interesting to us as the other stuff.

There have been various threads on this at various times. I didn't pay much attention, but from what I remember, the great majority would agree with your choice.
Old 07-20-2003, 10:20 AM
GEEZER

Received 2,214 Likes on 1,418 Posts
TLS...I don't see the debate ..If you could get a TLS for around invoice ...GET IT!! More H.P. !!!! Smooother ride for those highway miles you will be doing...

BTW Larch...the TL has Power Passenger Seats, Memory Seats, Heated Seats and Heated s.v. mirrors...

oh and b4 ya'all lambaste me the TSX is going to be for the wifey:-*
Old 07-20-2003, 10:38 AM
More On

Originally posted by 1killercls
TLS...I don't see the debate ..If you could get a TLS for around invoice ...GET IT!! More H.P. !!!! Smooother ride for those highway miles you will be doing......
What does that mean you think of someone like moi who paid out extra to get rid of an almost-new TL-S for the TSX?
(I can hardly wait.)
Old 07-20-2003, 11:04 AM
10th Gear

One thing that confuses me is there is such praise for the TSX (rightfully so), but isn't anyone being openminded and considering that Acura couldve done a better job by giving the TSX more hps? Say in the 220-240hp range? Now that would be attractive

I mean 220hp w/2.4 L simply places it in the small BMW category.
Maybe the next TSX could be beefed up? Any comments?
Old 07-20-2003, 11:28 AM
Pro

Actually, the TSX isn't lacking horsepower - but, rather, some torque. The TSX _is_ like a small BMW... a 325. The 325 barely outperforms the TSX (the next gen 3 out next year will undoubtedly put some smack down the TSX if the TSX stays the same - but for a huge price differential).

Do you do lots of street parking? If so, don't forget to take that into account. Though it sounds like the TSX doesn't exactly have a great turning radius - not sure how much smaller, if at all - it at least is a smaller car.

You should check out the TL-S if you can get a good price on it. You sound like you're looking primarily for luxury and power, not so much the "sporty" feel. At least test drive the TSX and TL-S one after the other for a good comparison. Good luck!
Old 07-20-2003, 11:37 AM
More On

Originally posted by vitocorleone
.....Though it sounds like the TSX doesn't exactly have a great turning radius - not sure how much smaller, if at all - it at least is a smaller car.....
Actually it's A LOT smaller -- more than 9" shorter (also more than an inch narrower).

It's a huge difference for how the car acts and feels. Yes, parking is a lot easier -- also GETTING OUT FROM PARKING -- yesterday I did a great escape from a Yankee Stadium parking lot that would have been impossible with the TL) -- but that's the least of it.

BTW the turning radius actually feels pretty good, better than the stat would make you think -- maybe because of the size of the car.
Old 07-20-2003, 11:47 AM
Drifting

Who are you? Why are you here? This sounds like a load of crap b/c I've spent a lot of time looking at these boards and all I remember are positives. Have you ever heard of BeingIS300?
Old 07-20-2003, 11:50 AM
Drifting

MartixDude, don't worry about the 200HP. This car rocks. It's plenty fast and I say that coming from a CL-S. Get the TSX unless you need the extra space or must have straight-line acceleration. Those are the only reasons I could see to getting the TL-S. Why buy a car when it's about to be completely redesigned?
Old 07-20-2003, 12:09 PM
Burning Brakes

Re: TSX or TL??? Which?

I am about to purchase my very 1st Acura, but I'm caught between choosing either the 03 TSX 5AT/Blk/Blk or 03 TL blk/parchment.
I haven't read all the posts in this thread so I don't know if anyone have corrected you, there is no 03 TSX. It's 04.
Old 07-20-2003, 02:59 PM
10th Gear

Does anyone have any suggestions on TINTing a cars window?
where, cost wise, what type and degree

I will be having a
04 TSX/5PT/Blk/Blk
Old 07-20-2003, 03:32 PM
GEEZER

Received 2,214 Likes on 1,418 Posts
Originally posted by larchmont
What does that mean you think of someone like moi who paid out extra to get rid of an almost-new TL-S for the TSX?
(I can hardly wait.)
Mark it on your calendar..I DON"T KNOW.
Old 07-20-2003, 03:44 PM
10th Gear

Lotsa good responses posted here, thanks (cuz I'm in the same boat as MatrixDude).

I haven't boiled down my "decision dysfunction" to merely include the '04 TSX vs. '03 TL-S...but I'm muddling the same issues. We all go through a Features and Benefits analysis, since not every feature is a benefit to us per se. Then you try and reconcile the two sides of your brain, which is dang near impossible: facts/logic vs. emotions/preferences.

My "Ben Franklin" decision tree is a little different:

1. Navigation system is very important to me, and the TSX has the newer voice activated version (same as the '03 Accord) while the TL/S has the older one.

2. Interior- I'm 6'4 / 250 and actually find the TSX driver's seat MORE comfortable than the TL, and the TL interior simply looks dowdy by comparison to my eyes...BIG plus to TSX here, for me. Both are lacking in the back seat, certainly compared to my RL, but I have nobody there 90% of the time.

3. TSX has side curtain airbags, TL doesn't.

4. Engines- I'm torn here...would like the arguable advantages of a six cylinder, but appreciate the fuel economy / low emissions and efficiency of TSX's four. Frankly they'd both go plenty fast enough.

5. Features I don't see as benefits: TL's OnStar and memory seats, power passenger seat don't mean diddly to me.

6. Price vs. "deal" - not sure yet, but my suspicion is with the TSX pricing quite firm, vs. TL pricing quite soft...the out-the-door monthly lease price might be v-e-r-y close. Might be "stupid to pay retail" but it might be equally stupid to lean towards a discount simply for its own sake. I guess I can always lie to the guys to preserve my manhood, LOL.

7. Final ineffable conundrum (gonna use that damn UCLA English BA, even if it never earned me a penny) - yep, I'm a golfer, and the '03 TL/S exterior looks every bit as attractive to me as the TSX. The '03 Accord, which by all practical thinking "does it all" and for a bit less $ looks ugly to me. The TSX is the only one of the three that has a couple color combos that excite me.
Both cars are not all that different, but my internal thumbwrestling between them is kinda like...should you care...if the woman you date makes your friends say...

WOW! or...eh or...Huh?
Old 07-20-2003, 04:50 PM
Banned

The TSX is a state-of-the-art compact sports/luxury sedan. The TL is a somewhat outdated luxury sedan with a bigger engine. This is one of those choices where the test drive tells you all you need to know.
Old 07-20-2003, 06:54 PM
Instructor

Drove both. Dealer told me TL was more car for the money. Bough the TSX. TL selling for same money because model is changing. The dorp in price means the car is hard to sell. Maybe people who could not afford them in the past can now. The lines on the TL are extremely boring. It's like buying an old new car. When the new 2004 TL starts selling the 03 TL will look really old. Big turnoff. I like new look of TSX, well put together and a road eater. 5,200 after 2 1/2 months.
Old 07-20-2003, 10:21 PM
5th Gear

I'm in the same boat. The S Florida dealers are really pushing the TL right now, not even the S but the regular premium version. TSXs are "more expensive" (their words) in lease payments. My parents have the TL, and it's a beautiful car for the retired set. I really like the TSX -- we'll see.
Old 07-20-2003, 10:27 PM
10th Gear

Any comments why Acura has come up with new advertisements for the TL, RL and the RSX and yet I haven't seen a single one for the TSX. How come? Everyone is praising the TSX as if its the next best thing yet no serious pro-active effort made by Acura to spread the word and sell it. And stats have shown that in sales, the TL and RL are still leading the TSX. How come? Im wondering if the 04 TSX is merely a guinea pig in the eyes of car marketers?
Old 07-21-2003, 01:00 AM
More On

Any comments why Acura has come up with new advertisements for the TL, RL and the RSX and yet I haven't seen a single one for the TSX. How come? Everyone is praising the TSX as if its the next best thing yet no serious pro-active effort made by Acura to spread the word and sell it. And stats have shown that in sales, the TL and RL are still leading the TSX. How come? Im wondering if the 04 TSX is merely a guinea pig in the eyes of car marketers?
Actually we do see some TV ads for TSX, but they're brief and hard to find.

Good question, and good theory. My take on it is just a little variation on your theme:

They have all the market they want and need for the TSX, thanks to good advance buzz and great car. They're doing just enough ads to keep the momentum going. No need to do more, plus, if they did, it might get in the way of the splash that they will probably be trying to make in just a few weeks with the advertising for the new TL.
Old 07-21-2003, 01:08 AM
Drifting

To expand on what Larch was sayin...

The TSX is a fairly limited edition model. 15,000 or so units this year with an increase to 25,000 units next year (my speculation). As it sits right now, the car is one of the fastest sellers on the market today, with an average of only 12 days on the lot. I think there were only four or five cars that sold faster. Keeping this in mind, why would Acura want to promote the car? I have seen a few ads but nothing major and there are billboards all around the Chicago area. I think they are thrilled with the TSX.
Old 07-21-2003, 08:57 AM
10th Gear

Does anyone have any concerns on:

- Small Trunkspace
- apparent rattling noise appearing
within driving less than 2,000miles
- Lack of record on performance to go on?

I know I may sound pessimistic, its just that Im trying to fill in all the possible loopholes before being certain on the TSX
Old 07-21-2003, 09:02 AM
Drifting

Does anyone have any concerns on:

- Small Trunkspace
- apparent rattling noise appearing
within driving less than 2,000miles
- Lack of record on performance to go on?

I know I may sound pessimistic, its just that Im trying to fill in all the possible loopholes before being certain on the TSX
1. Trunk is decent enough and worth any sacrifice to be able to own the TSX.

2. Not worried about rattles. It's under warranty anyway.

3. Not sure what this means, but I'm content with the car's sport performance as well as quality performance.

Plus, chicks dig the TSX.
Old 07-21-2003, 10:15 AM
Suzuka Master

The TSX's trunk is HUGE! I'm always amazed when I open it up. It's not quite as long as the TL's, but it's a very useful shape for cargo (as close to a cube as possible). I haven't had a problem with rattles, and I don't think most people have. I don't know about record of its performance, but I think it's more than adequate. Especially in MT form. If I were you, Matrix, I'd wait until the new TL comes out to make a firm decision. It sounds like that one might fit you better (even if it comes at a greater price). If the car's anything like the TSX, it'll be well worth it

....and yes, chicks DO dig the TSX. Trust me.
Old 07-22-2003, 05:51 AM
2nd Gear

TL is for Old F#a#r#t#s

Hey, Matrix Dude! The TL is for old timers. Don't buy it. The girls will laugh at you, man!
Old 07-22-2003, 06:15 AM
2nd Gear

Bimmer's Rule!!!!!!!!

If you want a real car, you have to go to Bavaria, man! Don't mess with the Jap C#r#a#p!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-22-2003, 07:25 AM
Drifting

Re: Bimmer's Rule!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by EuroTrash
If you want a real car, you have to go to Bavaria, man! Don't mess with the Jap C#r#a#p!!!!!!!!!
Blah. That's a good first post there They sell Accords in Bavaria? I thought so...
Old 07-22-2003, 07:32 AM
Advanced

Originally posted by ClutchPerformer
The TSX's trunk is HUGE! I'm always amazed when I open it up.
HUGE? Compared to what? The trunk of the TSX is actually fractionally smaller than that of my wife's Civic. Less rear seat leg room as well. Both of which I find surprising given that the TSX is, overall, a larger car.

The TSX has a lot to recommend - superb driving dynamics being at the top of the list. Big interior space and a big trunk are not among its virtues, however. (Certainly not H-U-G-E!) And why they didn't use cantilevered hinges on a car of this price is beyond me - that would certainly have helped to maximize what trunk space there is.

Cheers,

Jaeger

PS - on a completely different topic, how about we just ignore the aptly-named Euro-Trash toll?
Old 07-22-2003, 07:36 AM
wiz
Pro

I drove the TSX from Atlanta to Cleveland, OH. It took me 12.5 hours to get up there and 10.5 hours to get home on the return trip. I am a big guy at 6' about 240 lbs and I found the TSX seats to be super comfortable. Even a friend of mine reclined the seat one day when we were coming back from a wedding and she fell asleep almost instantly and commented on how comfortable the seat was compared to all of the Porsche's she sits in (she works for Porsche). Have you ridden in a TSX for a long distance yet?
Old 07-22-2003, 07:39 AM
wiz
Pro

Re: TSX or TL??? Which?

Here are the following considerations or factors:

1. I drive 100 miles/daily (mostly highway). I need robust reliability as far as performance goes.

2. I do like luxury. Good leather interior

3. Interior space is important for me.

4. Power: Im moving from a 00' accord to either of these two cars, so I would like some gusto (i.e., hps)

5. features:both seem equal in this department

6. Space: leg, shoulder room

So which should I choose? I've test driven each car and I like both but each has their own syle and attractive features.

I'd appreciate some assistance/advice.

Thanks
This is simple for you to choose between the two. You go to the dealership, you test drive both cars and put them through the same tests, like getting on and off the freeway, etc, etc. You need to have your checklist above with you and go through it for each test drive, maybe have the salesman have it in his hands so he can read it off to you so you can actually think about that particular part of the list at that time instead of having to think of the whole list. Look for things specifically that you might be worried about, like the location of your legs if you were to go on a long trip. How you'd put your arms if you were cruising down the highway, etc, etc.

You really can't expect most people here on a TSX board to tell you to buy anything but a TSX, but you have to make the decision for yourself, as you're the one living with the car, and making the payments.

Quick Reply: TSX or TL??? Which?