TSX sighting

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2005, 12:21 PM
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TSX sighting

Do you wave hand to each other when u sight a TSX? Or even slow down and look at each other and nodded head. I notice some people don't bother to look even waiting for light stop side by side. I am just curious, hope I don't sounds like stupid when I do that next time I saw a TSX drive by.
Old 05-16-2005, 12:51 PM
04 remembrance

Used to, not anymore.
Old 05-16-2005, 12:56 PM
Got Phó?

yup, but not waving my hand tho....but i'll wave back if you wave.
Old 05-16-2005, 01:18 PM
My Garage

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
We aren't driving Wranglers
Old 05-16-2005, 01:24 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 361 Likes on 316 Posts
I usually wave, or give a thumps up Or I'll slow down and look (admire) the car. Not too many peeps response. Some people are not into their cars like we are.........
Old 05-16-2005, 01:25 PM
Racer

Where i am, LA. there are so many people with tsx, i dont bother unless he seems to an enthusiast. but we also have lot of those snoby rich people who doesnt give a S about other people.
Old 05-16-2005, 01:37 PM
Top notch 6MT

I am a glancer at other TSXs and if the driver is a cute chick, I'll stare if it's a guy looking like a car nut like myself, then I might nod. If it's a riced TSX, I'll
Old 05-16-2005, 02:17 PM
Guinea Pig

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm with 05_TSX....If she is cute....she get's my attention, If the TSeX has been modified...I slow down and check it out before I fly by it...If I were to nod my head they might think I was a lil too cocky since I have flashy rims. I still don't see too many TSX's. I see a butt load of TL's though.
Old 05-16-2005, 02:19 PM
Top notch 6MT

Originally Posted by CJams
I'm with 05_TSX....If she is cute....she get's my attention, If the TSeX has been modified...I slow down and check it out before I fly by it...If I were to nod my head they might think I was a lil too cocky since I have flashy rims. I still don't see too many TSX's. I see a butt load of TL's though.
I am safe to nod coz I am bone-freaking-stock still.. haha...
Old 05-16-2005, 02:22 PM
n00b

Received 45 Likes on 30 Posts
Not being rude, but I don't wave, I don't nod, and I don't look to the side at the light. Unless I know the driver personally, then I'll wave or nod.
Old 05-16-2005, 03:58 PM
Stokeless

Originally Posted by vwong
Not being rude, but I don't wave, I don't nod, and I don't look to the side at the light. Unless I know the driver personally, then I'll wave or nod.
Damn sound kinda scared lol
Old 05-16-2005, 04:29 PM
Apex Clipper

When I first got my TSX in '03 and in '04 I would acknoledge and nod. But in SoCal, so many people are "trying to be hard"... Not everyone though, there's still cool people out here. I've even had a guy in an R32 Skyline I raced in my 'Teg give props.

I'll still nod if someone else does... That doesn't happen too often though.

It's nothing like when I'm riding my CBR600RR though. No matter if it's a Honda, Yamaha, Suzuki, even some cruiser guys etc...
Motorcyclists will give the "point" or wave when we pass each other. I've even been at a red light and another 'rider asks "work or cruising?" and what not...
Old 05-16-2005, 05:52 PM
My Love & My Life

Originally Posted by Canyonball

It's nothing like when I'm riding my CBR600RR though. No matter if it's a Honda, Yamaha, Suzuki, even some cruiser guys etc...
Motorcyclists will give the "point" or wave when we pass each other. I've even been at a red light and another 'rider asks "work or cruising?" and what not...
motorcyclists always nod at one another regardless of brand name/model it is. it's something that they do outta love. it's a 2-wheeler thing.
Old 05-16-2005, 06:06 PM
n00b

Originally Posted by Stokeless_TSX
Damn sound kinda scared lol
Really???

Well, I guess I was raised this way. When I was a kid, I was told don't stare at strangers, especially those who look like gangsta... You know...some people don't like being stared at. So that's why I don't make eye contact with strangers. And since I don't look, how would I know if you're waving or nodding at me?
Old 05-16-2005, 06:19 PM
MSZ
Lola

Received 257 Likes on 150 Posts
I do wave when I see a NSX on the road, not TSX.

Here in Toronto TSX is just as common as Civic.
Old 05-16-2005, 06:20 PM
Top notch 6MT

Originally Posted by vwong
Really???

Well, I guess I was raised this way. When I was a kid, I was told don't stare at strangers, especially those who look like gangsta... You know...some people don't like being stared at. So that's why I don't make eye contact with strangers. And since I don't look, how would I know if you're waving or nodding at me?
How the hell do you meet cute girls if you never look?!? Not saying to stare right off the bat...

Anyway, I am just having the funniest image in my mind of you trying to keep eyes straight forward, keeping to your tunnel vision
Old 05-16-2005, 06:22 PM
Top notch 6MT

Originally Posted by MSZ
I do wave when I see a NSX on the road, not TSX.

Here in Toronto TSX is just as common as Civic.
You wave at a NSX when you are in your TSX? Or in your NSX?

If I had a NSX... I'd probably play and won't nod or wave at anyone
Old 05-16-2005, 06:24 PM
MSZ
Lola

Received 257 Likes on 150 Posts
Originally Posted by 05_TSX_GP
You wave at a NSX when you are in your TSX? Or in your NSX?

If I had a NSX... I'd probably play and won't nod or wave at anyone
I waved at a NSX once when I was driving my old '95 Corolla.

I am not sure if I would do it again though.
Old 05-16-2005, 06:28 PM
Luke 1:37

I check out other TSXs, but they're usually these middle aged women or men. I did catch an entire family in a Blue TSX absolutely drooling over mine when I drove behind them and then finally slowly pass them. I swear the kids face in the back seat was right up against the window, LOL. I acted like I didn't see them, but it was pretty obvious from the peripheral vision that the entire family was checking out my car before and after I passed them.
Old 05-16-2005, 06:43 PM
n00b

Originally Posted by 05_TSX_GP
How the hell do you meet cute girls if you never look?!? Not saying to stare right off the bat...
I don't.....they just came to me!!!
Old 05-16-2005, 06:54 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
I always make a point of at least looking at the other TSX drivers, and if possible I will wave, I think it's friendly and all, but I'm mostly disappointed when most of the TSX drivers won't even look my way.

Bunch of snobs.
Old 05-16-2005, 06:54 PM
Apex Clipper

Originally Posted by JPL530i
motorcyclists always nod at one another regardless of brand name/model it is. it's something that they do outta love. it's a 2-wheeler thing.
LOL, yup, I hear ya'! There's nothing like riding... that's for sure! Do you ride? From the sounds of it, you do...

On another note, I'll give thumbs up to NSX's and they'll usually smile back...
Old 05-16-2005, 06:56 PM
Apex Clipper

Originally Posted by sauceman
I always make a point of at least looking at the other TSX drivers, and if possible I will wave, I think it's friendly and all, but I'm mostly disappointed when most of the TSX drivers won't even look my way.

Bunch of snobs.
Yeah, same here. I'll definately look, but if they act like they don't notice or what not... it's like whatever... no sweat off my sac! lol
Old 05-16-2005, 11:39 PM
Guinea Pig

Rollin through downtown Seattle on the way home today and came up on a SSM TSX with a Freegin hot A$$ lady in it. Looked to be in her mid-late 20's and just beautiful. So I slowed up and when I got next to her I gave her a big smile, but she was too interestd in the TSX so I got no response from her.....I will look for her tomorrow. This time I will crash my car in to hers so she has to stop and talk to me or commit a felony and leave the scenen of an accident............oh yeah.....got it all figured out
Old 05-17-2005, 05:30 AM
CL9 ABP

Received 245 Likes on 112 Posts
Around my area whats nice is everyone who has a tsx is older way older, my neighbor is like his early 20s. So i don't get to see young tsx drivers, or really any tsx drivers.
Old 05-17-2005, 12:41 PM
Top notch 6MT

Rollin through downtown Seattle on the way home today and came up on a SSM TSX with a Freegin hot A$$ lady in it. Looked to be in her mid-late 20's and just beautiful. So I slowed up and when I got next to her I gave her a big smile, but she was too interestd in the TSX so I got no response from her.....I will look for her tomorrow. This time I will crash my car in to hers so she has to stop and talk to me or commit a felony and leave the scenen of an accident............oh yeah.....got it all figured out
Did you give her the same big smile as seen in the avatar with the chicken on your plate??? If so, that might have just scared her off

Hey CJams, I'll be on a biz trip in Seattle area (Renton to be more exact) next week. Any chance/interest to hook up so I can check out your ride? I won't have my TSX though, only rental SUV for biz trip (I'll PM you or you can PM me first)
Old 05-17-2005, 12:59 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by virtualbong
...an entire family in a Blue TSX absolutely drooling over mine when I drove behind them and then finally slowly pass them. I swear the kids face in the back seat was right up against the window, LOL. I acted like I didn't see them, but it was pretty obvious from the peripheral vision that the entire family was checking out my car before and after I passed them.
drooling over your wheels huh ?
Old 05-17-2005, 01:18 PM
Guinea Pig

I was droolin over vwongs wheels till I saw the price tag, then I lost my appetite. I got rims, tires, 2 sets of locking lug nuts, lug nuts, and balancing for about $400 less then just his metal alone. I ain't a baller!

05_TSX_GP--my avitar was a joke for the girl that made me the Chicken adobo. I took a pic when I was eating left overs and e-mailed it to her so she could get a good laugh. I decided to use it as my avitat when I was craving it again. But to answer your question, no I didn't give her that cheesy smile, the chacita got the, "how you doin?" smile. But she didn't see me anyway, she was too interested in the car. Typical woman......jk
Old 05-17-2005, 02:21 PM
n00b

I was droolin over vwongs wheels till I saw the price tag, then I lost my appetite. I got rims, tires, 2 sets of locking lug nuts, lug nuts, and balancing for about $400 less then just his metal alone. I ain't a baller!
I think the big baller here is the guy in Florida.....you know.....that one person who likes to play with trouts!

I think you all know who I'm talking about...
Old 05-17-2005, 04:14 PM
My Love & My Life

LOL, yup, I hear ya'! There's nothing like riding... that's for sure! Do you ride? From the sounds of it, you do...
i used to. it was a '00 ninja 600zr. there's so much fun riding a bike. you know what i mean, especiallywhen you lean through those twisty roads honestly, i'd rather have a nice bike, ie: ducati or aprilia, than a nice car. only if my wife lets me

hey e, don't do tricks. ride to enjoy, pal
Old 05-17-2005, 05:14 PM
Apex Clipper

Originally Posted by JPL530i
i used to. it was a '00 ninja 600zr. there's so much fun riding a bike. you know what i mean, especiallywhen you lean through those twisty roads honestly, i'd rather have a nice bike, ie: ducati or aprilia, than a nice car. only if my wife lets me

hey e, don't do tricks. ride to enjoy, pal
Nice. Did your wife make you sell the Ninja? Yeah, there's absolutely nothing like leaning in the twisties. Even if you're not knee-draggin, just leaning a good amount is a good feelin, especially on switch-backs.

I dunno though about an exotic bike over an exotic car. If it was a choice between a Ferrari F430 or a Ducati 999, I'd have to pick the F430. However, Ducati is the Ferrari of bikes!

Trust me, I'm not into tricks! I've seen too many people dump for me to want to try that ish... Even the salesman who sold me the bike has a peg leg. They call him "Thai-boy" because of the titanium in his knee and calf.

I'm all about enjoying the ride brotha'!
Good luck with the wifey!
Old 05-17-2005, 07:21 PM
I'm the Firestarter

Received 753 Likes on 453 Posts
Nice. Did your wife make you sell the Ninja? Yeah, there's absolutely nothing like leaning in the twisties. Even if you're not knee-draggin, just leaning a good amount is a good feelin, especially on switch-backs.

I dunno though about an exotic bike over an exotic car. If it was a choice between a Ferrari F430 or a Ducati 999, I'd have to pick the F430. However, Ducati is the Ferrari of bikes!

Trust me, I'm not into tricks! I've seen too many people dump for me to want to try that ish... Even the salesman who sold me the bike has a peg leg. They call him "Thai-boy" because of the titanium in his knee and calf.

Hey nice avatar. Got any more pics of your ride (I assume it's yours)?
Old 05-17-2005, 08:05 PM
My Love & My Life

am a very understanding and peaceful kind of husband but yeah, she made me sell the bike

well, i'd choose the f430 also on the other hand, if it was between a ducati and an M3, then definitely a duc. it sounds insane to some people, but hey, that's just me.

vrooom vrooom!
Old 05-17-2005, 08:42 PM
Guinea Pig

I saw her again on the way home, this time she turned off before I could crash in to her....It was a CG with temp plates on it. And she is a hottie!
Old 05-17-2005, 08:53 PM
JDM whore in training

Originally Posted by AeroTSX
Do you wave hand to each other when u sight a TSX? Or even slow down and look at each other and nodded head. I notice some people don't bother to look even waiting for light stop side by side. I am just curious, hope I don't sounds like stupid when I do that next time I saw a TSX drive by.

HmMm.. just to fellow TSX'er enthusiasts that I know..and cant forget them TL'ers too..
Old 05-17-2005, 10:36 PM
Bye TSX, hello domestic?

I look at people, but they're almost always middle age women so what's the point. there's also no modified tsxs out this way, so I'd never run into anyone from azine that would notice
Old 05-17-2005, 10:51 PM
Engineer

Received 76 Likes on 53 Posts
Originally Posted by virtualbong
I check out other TSXs, but they're usually these middle aged women or men. I did catch an entire family in a Blue TSX absolutely drooling over mine when I drove behind them and then finally slowly pass them. I swear the kids face in the back seat was right up against the window, LOL. I acted like I didn't see them, but it was pretty obvious from the peripheral vision that the entire family was checking out my car before and after I passed them.
thats great man, sounds like my reaction when i saw your whip...

i have seen VirtualBong a few times on the road but still gotta meet the guy...

i only pay special attention when they have visable mods or if a cute girl is in the drivers seat...
Old 05-18-2005, 12:12 AM
Banned

funny I swear 8 out of 10 TSX drivers I see have been women 30 above
Old 05-18-2005, 11:18 AM
No longer in denial

Originally Posted by matelot
funny I swear 8 out of 10 TSX drivers I see have been women 30 above
hmph.. I must be a rarity then. All the TSXs I've seen so far driving around the Bay Area have been older people as well. I still haven't seen a visably modified one
Old 05-18-2005, 01:19 PM
Advanced

I still think I must be the only male in New Orleans to drive a TSX. I only see women driving them. As far as waving, I think most people are not checking out the cars around them. I am constantly looking at the cars around me. So no waves yet. However, I constantly wave back and forth to everybody on boats. I have never come across another boater, besides commercial fisherman, that does not want to wave.

Quick Reply: TSX sighting