TSX remote question

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2008, 11:22 AM
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
TSX remote question

Hi there,

I bought a 2005 TSX but did not came with any alarm and I called the dealer they told me the car did come with alarm/keyless entry. I bought a remote from Ebay and I see some that says "No memory" or Memory1 Memory 2.

What does Memory on the remotes do? If I wanted to get 2 pair of the same remote and program it what kind of remote should I get?

all answers can be emailed to mansoorsharifi@gmail.com

thanks a ton!
Old 10-14-2008, 01:07 PM
Detail Cars in Philly in

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
well they ripped you off, since the car comes with keyless entry..but either way you can get remotes relatively cheap.. the memory is for memory seats.does the 05 have memory seats? my '04 doesnt. but eeither way if they do, then you can program your seat to that key fob, then another person can program their seat position to the other fob.(mem1 and mem2)
Old 10-14-2008, 01:12 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by dmassott
well they ripped you off, since the car comes with keyless entry..but either way you can get remotes relatively cheap.. the memory is for memory seats.does the 05 have memory seats? my '04 doesnt. but eeither way if they do, then you can program your seat to that key fob, then another person can program their seat position to the other fob.(mem1 and mem2)
no one ripped me off.. The car that I bought from was a thift recovery that I bought it from Auction. I heard that the remote FOB will not work with memory FOB if its not Type S etc. Should all the remote fob work on the tsx or the ID and FCC match the oreginal?

I bought 2 sets on Ebay today and wanted to know more.

Thanks alot buddy.
Old 10-14-2008, 02:25 PM
Detail Cars in Philly in

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
yeah im pretty sure they'll all work, since im using a mem1 on my car and i dont even have memory seats. all of the fcc codes should be the same
Old 10-15-2008, 11:01 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by dmassott
yeah im pretty sure they'll all work, since im using a mem1 on my car and i dont even have memory seats. all of the fcc codes should be the same
Does anyone know where the alarm system is located at? I want to make sure the alarm system wasn't removed or is it even possible.

Thanks
Old 10-15-2008, 03:36 PM
Make a hole, coming thru!

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Welcome to the family....

You might want to invest in a look-see by a dealer to evaluate the car. I got a card in April offering it for free,....

Funny, this page is showing me a banner ad, "Original keyless remotes ... up to 90% off!" If you wanted to get an OEM keyless entry fob, last time I looked, the Driver2 fob was $20 or more cheaper than the Driver1 fob. Dunno why.

If you didn't get a manual with it, they are online (check the forum FAQs and stickies). You can download them if you have the time and mouse-finger endurance (Save copy...). There's plenty to read up on here in the DIY indices, too.

Last edited by davidspalding; 10-15-2008 at 03:38 PM.
Old 10-15-2008, 03:57 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by davidspalding

You might want to invest in a look-see by a dealer to evaluate the car. I got a card in April offering it for free,....

Funny, this page is showing me a banner ad, "Original keyless remotes ... up to 90% off!" If you wanted to get an OEM keyless entry fob, last time I looked, the Driver2 fob was $20 or more cheaper than the Driver1 fob. Dunno why.

If you didn't get a manual with it, they are online (check the forum FAQs and stickies). You can download them if you have the time and mouse-finger endurance (Save copy...). There's plenty to read up on here in the DIY indices, too.
Tustin Acura sells the alarms for $193 I bought set of two on Ebay for $32.

But I wanted to see if someone knows the location of the alarm system.

Thanks
Old 10-15-2008, 06:51 PM

Let's make sure we're talking about the same thing ... what are you calling "alarms?" Why would you buy two "alarms?" Can you post a link to the listing on Ebay that you bought?
Old 10-16-2008, 09:15 AM
Instructor

Let's make sure we're talking about the same thing ... what are you calling "alarms?" Why would you buy two "alarms?" Can you post a link to the listing on Ebay that you bought?

Sorry for the confusions…

My question was that the car didn’t come with Remote fob and I called the dealer the service guy told me that all TSX came with alarm, keyless entry and that I probably need just the remote fob and they can program it free. There cost for single remote cost is $193 and I figured that I can buy 2 sets of the remote fob on Ebay. I found how to program it online.
My other question is that lets say the remote fobs can’t get program or wont work is there a way I can check to see if the alarm/keyless entry unit is in place and not disconnected etc.

Also the car came with NAV and a original NAV DVD version 3.70 Orange disc but it has a lot of scratches and I couldn’t even make a backup copy. Is there someone that can burn me a copy of the Version 3.70 since I have the copy but not readable. I can pay for shipping and DVD dual layer. Is the NAV disc DVD + or -?

Thanks a lot and this is a great website.
Old 10-16-2008, 02:58 PM
Oliver!!!

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts
You can use either the memory (1 or 2, doesn't matter) or non memory fobs for the 04/05 TSX. The only thing you have to do for the earlier years is unlink the seat memory, and that's easy. You just hold down the lock and unlock buttons at the same time until the the light on the remote flashes. The directions are printed right on the remote.

$193 for the remote is highway robbery. I'd guess that they're including remote programming into that price. Which, depending on the dealer will run either a half or a full hour of labor, which runs about $90 an hour. Even if they're including an hour of labor, $103 is still pretty steep. You did well getting them online, and they're super easy to program.

I highly doubt the alarm was removed. If the car starts and runs, it's probably there. The immobilizer wouldn't function if the alarm wasn't there. And that's totally independant of the remotes, it's a function of a chip built into the key. Speaking of keys, I hope you got at least two with it. If not, those are expensive to replace. And you have to either go to a master locksmith or the dealer to have the computer in the car programmed for the keys.
Old 10-16-2008, 03:10 PM
Instructor

thanks and Is there anyone that can burn a backup copy of Nav Version 3.60 since the one I got has alot of scratch marks which my nav can't read it correctly.

thanks alot and thanks for the great info.
Old 10-16-2008, 03:11 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by litesout
You can use either the memory (1 or 2, doesn't matter) or non memory fobs for the 04/05 TSX. The only thing you have to do for the earlier years is unlink the seat memory, and that's easy. You just hold down the lock and unlock buttons at the same time until the the light on the remote flashes. The directions are printed right on the remote.

$193 for the remote is highway robbery. I'd guess that they're including remote programming into that price. Which, depending on the dealer will run either a half or a full hour of labor, which runs about $90 an hour. Even if they're including an hour of labor, $103 is still pretty steep. You did well getting them online, and they're super easy to program.

I highly doubt the alarm was removed. If the car starts and runs, it's probably there. The immobilizer wouldn't function if the alarm wasn't there. And that's totally independant of the remotes, it's a function of a chip built into the key. Speaking of keys, I hope you got at least two with it. If not, those are expensive to replace. And you have to either go to a master locksmith or the dealer to have the computer in the car programmed for the keys.
Would any remote fob for 04/05 work on any tsx? There are numbers on the back of the keys. Does it have to match to the alarm unit?
Old 10-16-2008, 03:24 PM
Oliver!!!

Any remote for any year TSX from 04 - 08 will work. There are multiple vehicles that they'll work with too. The 3G TL (04 - 07 I think) uses the same frequency remote. I personally have a key with an integrated remote from an 07 TL (that had to be heavily modified) for my TSX. I didn't have to do anything to the remote or the car. Just had to sync them, and that's easy.
Old 10-17-2008, 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by msharifi
thanks and Is there anyone that can burn a backup copy of Nav Version 3.60 since the one I got has alot of scratch marks which my nav can't read it correctly. .
I believe they come out with a revision to the Navi DVD every year. Just buy the latest revision.

Let's keep the conversation on the forum, so others can learn from the answers. If you want to get a lot of spam, keep posting your email address around.
Old 10-17-2008, 03:05 PM
Instructor

I believe they come out with a revision to the Navi DVD every year. Just buy the latest revision.

Let's keep the conversation on the forum, so others can learn from the answers. If you want to get a lot of spam, keep posting your email address around.
I know it did but for $185 is way too much since I got the 3.60 disc that is not readable

We all get spam no matter what. No E-Mail system can block all spams. but good point.
Old 10-17-2008, 05:24 PM

Well, mine does, but that's another topic....
Old 10-17-2008, 05:35 PM
Oliver!!!

I agree completely, which is why I'm not real keen with the idea of emailing. Nothing personal, just prefer to keep it on the forum, that way others can benefit.

BTW, love the new tag line davidspalding. So glad I could contribute
Old 10-23-2008, 07:55 PM
Instructor

I got the remotes today and program it very easy I saved my self $386.. dealer wanted $193 per remote. Thanks to everyone for helping me out.

Question: now that the remotes lock/unlock trunk release and panic works if I unlock with the remote it unlocks all 3 doors but not the driver. I have to open it with the key. I can press down the look from the door on the very top and it locks all the doors or if I'm inside the car and pull the lock up it unlocks all the door. I did change the acuator on the passanger side two weeks ago since it wasn't unlocking/locking from the doors.

Is it normal for the driver door not to lock\unlock or is the lock acuator needs to be changed?
Old 10-24-2008, 09:10 AM

New question, start a new thread, please.

Search first ... there are previous owners who've posted about door lock issues. If you're still under dealer warranty, I'd go back straightaway.
Old 10-24-2008, 09:27 AM
Instructor

New question, start a new thread, please.

Search first ... there are previous owners who've posted about door lock issues. If you're still under dealer warranty, I'd go back straightaway.

Not under warranty. Can we have like sticky for known issues like other sites that people can look. searching not always get you to the right answer.
Old 10-24-2008, 10:26 AM

There are stickies, and there are FAQs for recurring problems and issues. Spend some time in the FAQ section. And sometimes SEARCH does indeed work, try it before declaring it unsuccessful -- I just found 150 results for "door won't unlock."
Old 10-24-2008, 10:30 AM
Instructor

There are stickies, and there are FAQs for recurring problems and issues. Spend some time in the FAQ section. And sometimes SEARCH does indeed work, try it before declaring it unsuccessful -- I just found 150 results for "door won't unlock."
Right but I did not find one that is like the problem I have.

I think I know the problem but just wanted to make sure it wasn't normal for the driver door.
Old 10-24-2008, 05:01 PM

Options on my 2006 are unlock driver's door, then all doors, or unlock all doors at once. Sounds like something's faulty. Best start a new thread if none of the old ones match.
Old 06-25-2009, 12:39 AM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by msharifi
I got the remotes today and program it very easy I saved my self $386.. dealer wanted $193 per remote. Thanks to everyone for helping me out.

Question: now that the remotes lock/unlock trunk release and panic works if I unlock with the remote it unlocks all 3 doors but not the driver. I have to open it with the key. I can press down the look from the door on the very top and it locks all the doors or if I'm inside the car and pull the lock up it unlocks all the door. I did change the acuator on the passanger side two weeks ago since it wasn't unlocking/locking from the doors.

Is it normal for the driver door not to lock\unlock or is the lock acuator needs to be changed?

Can you tell me how you sync the remote? I have a new remote but it is not programmed to open doors/trunk and so on. Let me know. Thanks
Old 06-29-2009, 05:26 PM

Search the forum for "new remote" or "programming keyless entry fob." The threads on adapting TL switchblade keys for the TSX discuss it.