TSX navi vs. IS 250 vs. 330i

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2006, 04:40 PM
Still Lovin my 06

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by pbjpb
thanks for the responses guys..very interesting. i'm tryin to get my friend to buy a tsx..i just got one a month ago. i had an rsx before it and that car was fukkin awesome..i miss it. anyways to me with the is250 and 3 series you are paying more for the name which in my opinion is total b.s. i think people are stupid if they brag about how much they paid for their car. the tsx is top notch quality and 205 hp out of 4 cyl is nothing to laugh at. i'm glad to see there are other people out there that appreciate acuras as much as i do.
i disagree with you, obviously you're paying a premium for the name, but that's not all. you say acura is "top notch" quality, well then, why do so many people point out how lexus and bmw and infinity's interiors are made better than ours? better leather, better (real!) wood, and other tid bits.

i love my TSX, but i'm not foolish to the point where i don't realize that acura has a slightly cheaper interior. they can't charge 5k less just because lexus is overcharging you by 5k for "prestige" of the name. you are paying for some quality, and in some cases better engineering.

for the money, TSX wins hands down, but if you're obsessive about some luxury features, TSX can't hold a candle to comprable lexus models.
Old 09-08-2006, 07:39 PM
I may be fat but I'm slow

Received 43 Likes on 29 Posts
I'm not a BMW fan, let's get that out of the way right now. I think they are ugly, their interiors are either plain and ugly (no nav) or weird and ugly (nav/idrive), and that they cost a fortune once you add on all the options. So if you are a BMW fan, cool for you, but I'm not.

That out of the way, I think the logical next step after the TSX is the IS350 (unless you need a big back seat). It has the toys I wish the TSX did (ventilated seats, that really sweet ML stereo, more power), and is the right size, and the interior is even better looking than the TSX's. Problem is, I think with the nav, ML stereo, and some other toys you are up in the $45k neighborhood, and that's getting ridiculous.

So if you step down to the IS250, you save a bunch of money, but you lose the biggest advantage over the TSX, namely the power. At the IS250's price point, it seems silly to pay a whole bunch more over the TSX for just a few features the TSX doesn't have.

Therefore, I think if you can afford the IS350, I'd definitely go for it. I'd REALLY like one to replace the TSX, but at its current price it ain't gonna happen. But, I can't see spending the extra dough for the IS250 over the TSX. Therefore, for me it would be IS350>TSX>IS250 if money isn't an issue, but if it is, there's no better NEW car to buy in this segment than the TSX, IMO.
Old 09-08-2006, 09:17 PM
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dom
Nice write up.

But doesn't the IS350 have 277lb-ft?
Yup, you're right.
Old 09-08-2006, 11:03 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by bradykp
i disagree with you, obviously you're paying a premium for the name, but that's not all. you say acura is "top notch" quality, well then, why do so many people point out how lexus and bmw and infinity's interiors are made better than ours? better leather, better (real!) wood, and other tid bits.

i love my TSX, but i'm not foolish to the point where i don't realize that acura has a slightly cheaper interior. they can't charge 5k less just because lexus is overcharging you by 5k for "prestige" of the name. you are paying for some quality, and in some cases better engineering.

for the money, TSX wins hands down, but if you're obsessive about some luxury features, TSX can't hold a candle to comprable lexus models.

first of all, the 3 series doesn't even come with real leather standard..its pleather! plastic leather..you have to pay extra for real leather. second of all honda is the leader in sports tuning for all japanese cars so the engineering IS top notch compared to lexus. third who gives a fuKK about wood strips in the interior...oooooo. that shits fukkin stupid. granted the IS 2/350 is more a competitor with say, the TL but for everything the TSX offers, at the right price..there is no competition. dumb people who buy a base model car just cuz its a lexus or a benz or a beemer with less technology and amenities than the tsx are just plain retarded.
Old 01-10-2007, 04:48 PM
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by gsrthomas
I test drove the is250 interior is much much nicer then the tsx. Thats a really nice car, im thinking about picking one up. I love the push button start.

My friend got a 2006 IS250 for $32,400 OTD here in Cali. I rather get the IS250 then the TSX. I know you lose some of the amenities that comes with the tsx standard but its worth it.

I strongly agree with you! I am going to the Lex dealer tonight with check in hand so if they give me the right numbers then I will be a Lex owner! I will keep you posted!