View Poll Results: Is the TSX a luxury car?
Yes
40.14%
No
16.55%
Closet you can get before its considered a luxury vehicle
43.31%
Voters: 284. You may not vote on this poll

Is TSX a Luxury Car?

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2007, 02:14 AM
大日本帝国

Received 36 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally Posted by dj Dozhe
It's not a concern, it's a discussion. What does having a rwd car with a V6 have to do with luxury? And as for the rest of that comment...well it was about as useful as the beginning.

Your comments never cease to annoy me. They always sound so bitchy. I'm going to do the right thing and buy you a hose so you can get all the sand out of your vagina.
^ HAHAHA!!

You TSX'rs have two threads that I've seen with a shitload of posts wondering if you guys are lux or not. Wow.

Dozhe, I agree with you , and a lux usually has a V8+.

~Cheers~

P.S. I voted that TSXs are in the "Closet" before luxury category, .
Old 12-07-2007, 09:39 AM
Make a hole, coming thru!

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
shades of the Monty Python "I'd like an argument, please" skit

Originally Posted by Frazman
^^^^You could not have said it better ^^^^
Originally Posted by CarbonGray Earl
David, you hit it right on the head.
(embarrassed and grateful for the compliments)
And I completely dissagree. I've grown up surrounded by luxury cars. Personally I feel that luxury cars have a range from low to high.

When I looked at the TSX I saw a car that I found pleasing to the eye, and then was told it came with leather, bluetooth, heated this and that, power this and that, well I don't need to list everything...we know what our cars do. The point is that all of these luxuries are packed into the car standard, and it's not offered in a scaled down form. You can't buy this car without leather, or the HID lights, or any of the other things you find as upgrades on many other cars from luxury companies....
Well, based on those standards, I'd consider my 2000 Sienna on the low end of luxury car. Actually, I think it had more leather than my TSX (remember, the leather in the TSX is the perforated stuff). You ARE right that the only options are color and NAVI. I'm with you on the fact that there are all these nifty amenities you can't get on (I think) in an Accord. But I stand by my previous definition.
Originally Posted by wackura
If this luxury car concern has any footing in social consciousness, then rest assured it looks like a luxury car from the outside. Nothing about the apearance says economy....
Except for the painted plastic body panels. Except for the too-easily chipped paint. Except for the very skimpy use of leather for the "leather upholstery." ... I disagree that an "Audi-ish" look makes it a luxury car (entry level or otherwise), but if it does for you, groovy.

If you're referring to the signal lights on the side-view mirrors, they actually aren't useless. They signal a turn to someone who can't see the front signal lights, and I've discovered by seeing other TSX' that they are visible from the rear. VERY nice safety feature IMHO.

Your comments never cease to annoy me. They always sound so bitchy. I'm going to do the right thing and buy you a hose so you can.... ...
I think that was over the top and excessive, but I laughed anyway. Clearly, I'm a hypocrite. Okay, I've stopped giggling long enough to humbly suggest you simmer down. Just my .
Old 12-07-2007, 03:03 PM
6MT or Death

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes that was over the top. I had a bit to drink last night, and while usually I suffer wackuras comments quietly last night I made a mistake. If I have something personal to say about a specific member I should do it in a PM and not in the middle of a thread. My Bad.

The interesting thing about this thread is that defining luxury is like defining truth or justice. These are things that can never be globally defined and accepted as they are philosophies and not sciences.

Personally I think the thread should be named "Is the TSX a Luxurious Car?". The TSX is a car made by a luxury car company. Acura may not be everyone's top name in the luxury market but, going by industry standards, it IS a luxury car company. This makes the TSX, on paper, to be a luxury car. That being said, it does NOT mean everyone must find this car to be luxurious simply because it's a luxury car.

Deciding luxury by the size of engine may seem silly to me as I don't find the trans am to be a luxury car, or amount of leather as I don't qualify any van to be in the luxury market, but to other people these things are luxurious. Or take the first model year Mercedes C230 for example. A Mercedes that comes with a cloth interior. For shame. Luxury car...NOT luxurious.

A wise somebody once said "different strokes for different folks" and the funny thing is that while we're in here discussing why we think it's a luxury car or not we all agree it's a great car. Maybe the problem is everyone here knows they got a great deal, and most people in cars upwards of $40K know they overpaid, but feel it was worth it. I had this car locked down for $26K before it ever left Japan. I felt like I robbed the dealer when I first sat inside the car.
Old 12-07-2007, 03:49 PM
Banned

It's not a concern, it's a discussion. What does having a rwd car with a V6 have to do with luxury? And as for the rest of that comment...well it was about as useful as the beginning.
Becuase a four cylinder engine is smaller, cheaper and a concesion to economy over performance obviously.

Your comments never cease to annoy me. They always sound so bitchy. I'm going to do the right thing and buy you a hose so you can get all the sand out of your vagina.

j/k. but not. sorry for the vulgarity but I prefer this to the over used "cheese with your whine" cliche.
"They always sound so bitchy", have you ever heard of constructive criticism? Your criticism is far more bitchy sounding than I could ever hope to be, not to mention crude and uncomfortably imaginative.
Old 12-07-2007, 04:06 PM
Make a hole, coming thru!

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Yes that was over the top. I had a bit to drink last night, and while usually I suffer wackuras comments quietly last night I made a mistake....
I hope it was a drink with distinctive taste, a refined drink, a drink worthy of an upscale/luxury car owner.
Old 12-07-2007, 04:16 PM
Safety Car

Received 168 Likes on 122 Posts
I'm going to do the right thing and buy you a hose so you can get all the sand out of your vagina.
Wackura can be abrasive, but I don't think he deserved the vagina comment. It was funny nonetheless.

Bitches and hose, funny.
Old 12-07-2007, 10:12 PM
6MT or Death

Originally Posted by CarbonGray Earl
Wackura can be abrasive, but I don't think he deserved the vagina comment. It was funny nonetheless.

Bitches and hose, funny.
Well played, Earl.
Old 12-07-2007, 10:28 PM
6MT or Death

I was actually drinking PBR with Billie D Williams. Funny story.