TSX was hit and run today...

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2008, 10:02 PM
Team Owner

Received 105 Likes on 69 Posts
Originally Posted by terpfan29
Yeah and really people should just be courteous and bring the carts back to those cart storage areas or to the store front. If everyone would experience this, I'm sure most carts would be returned.

Also no one answered the question I asked earlier, why's your TSX have Honda badges?

Because our TSX is the European Honda Accord.
Old 06-15-2008, 10:08 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Forget to add with that big of an indent on the trunk expect to shell out $800+to get it fix by a body shop so i suggest your best bet is to get a CF trunk and install it your self and you don't have to get it painted or if you decided to keep your stock trunk, just uninstall it and drop the trunk off at the body shop that way will save you some labor and you don't have to leave your car at the shop they might do more damage than good with these shop nowaday.
Old 06-15-2008, 10:30 PM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CGTSX...I know everyone has given you their opinion so I thought I'd give you mine as well. I find it hard to beleive that another vehicle could have hit your car and create that much damage with not even a color trail from their car...As someone said earlier, it looks like this was done intentionally which would be more frustrating.

A lady smashed the front end of my previous car while backing up at a gas station, she was totally high on drugs and couldn't get her car (manual transmission) to go, so she kept giving it more and more gas until finally she clued it she had the clutch engaged, when she let go, the thing raced into my front bumber narrowly missing the gas pump. She fled and was able to grab her licence plate but turns out she didn't have a driver's license nor any car insurance and could not pay....If I would have gone through my insurance, it would have cost me more because I would have lost my claim free discount, plus my 500 deductible plus have a claim on my record for 5 years...so out of pocket...1275$. Moral of the story...I know how you feel...Best of luck....and as someone said earlier, at least you didn't get hurt like that lady who was T-Boned....
Old 06-15-2008, 11:59 PM
Make a hole, coming thru!

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
... Also no one answered the question I asked earlier, why's your TSX have Honda badges?
It's a common mod around here. Check the 1GEN photo gallery. Folks remove the Acura stuff and put Euro Honda badges on. It's a matter of taste.
Old 06-16-2008, 12:00 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by EuRTSX
Because our TSX is the European Honda Accord.
cool, I haven't seen any of them on the roads around here. Did you go to Europe to get it? And what's the reason to do this?
Old 06-16-2008, 10:02 AM
Instructor

That really sucks! Sorry to hear about your luck.

I usually try to park away from the busy/packed areas, but I also avoid parking "out in the open" as I believe this also increases risk of damage. I try to look for medians, barriers, lamp posts, etc. that people will have to drive around anyway. However, it seems like no matter what we do, damage is inevitable.

So does this mean that all mods are on hold until you get this repaired?
Old 06-16-2008, 06:05 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Comp-Sci
That really sucks! Sorry to hear about your luck.

I usually try to park away from the busy/packed areas, but I also avoid parking "out in the open" as I believe this also increases risk of damage. I try to look for medians, barriers, lamp posts, etc. that people will have to drive around anyway. However, it seems like no matter what we do, damage is inevitable.

So does this mean that all mods are on hold until you get this repaired?
yup

I called my insurance agent this afternoon and the car is going to the shop starting tomorrow. I "only" have to pay $250 for a deductible, the rest will be covered, including my rental. I'm hoping it comes out allright.
Old 06-16-2008, 06:07 PM
Three Wheelin'

cool, I haven't seen any of them on the roads around here. Did you go to Europe to get it? And what's the reason to do this?
It is just the look I am going for. I have the JDM headlights, JDM lip kit, JDM grill, and JDM badges
Old 06-16-2008, 07:10 PM
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Dude I always loved your car. That totally sucks, I've been in hits and runs but not as bad as yours. It's like the hulk punched your car. But I never got my scratches fixes and I'm not even sure what to do about it.
Old 06-16-2008, 09:00 PM
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by msmching
dun think they will...

my friend had an small accident in a parking lot where a cadillac bump into him.

And the police refused to come. ==

You should see what the scumbags did in Radnor, PA. They ended up charging you something like $800 to show up as it wasn't something that they should be doing. The law was reversed once enough people bitched about it and it made the news.

If my Federal money is going into these people's paychecks they better not dare say it isn't part of their job...it is their job and if they don't like it, they don't have to be officers.

Sorry if it comes off a little hot, but too many of the cops in my area think that they are above the law.