TSX...a girl's choice?

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2005, 08:11 AM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TSX...a girl's choice?

Ok, lately, every time I see a TSX on the road a girl is driving it. Or it is an older lady. Anyone else notice this?
Old 11-13-2005, 08:23 AM
Photography Nerd

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Great thread.
Old 11-13-2005, 08:39 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Dan Martin
Great thread.
Well....do ya or don't ya notice? I certainly do notice that a lot more woman drive the car I own. Am I being sexist, no. But certainly, I wouldn't want my car to be known as a ladies vehicle.
Old 11-13-2005, 08:45 AM
No-navi, yo

Zack, I guess you missed it. Take a look of the link below --
https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...highlight=chic
Old 11-13-2005, 08:47 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by BusyShifter
Zack, I guess you missed it. Take a look of the link below --
https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...highlight=chic

Thanks...for pointing it out.
Old 11-13-2005, 09:05 AM

Received 58 Likes on 34 Posts
Originally Posted by zack
Ok, lately, every time I see a TSX on the road a girl is driving it. Or it is an older lady. Anyone else notice this?
Hmm. Hadn't noticed.

!!! Why not make a thread about it !!!

...Maybe even create a poll!!

Have you ever noticed the sky is blue when it's not overcast? ...Not to be sexist, but it makes me want to stay inside --- because blue reminds me of men.

Ummmmmmm........................no.
But welcome to AcuraZine!!

I think you should write Acura and tell them to sell it exclusively to men!
Old 11-13-2005, 10:51 AM
Racer

Get rid of your TSX then if you think its a girls car problem solved
Old 11-13-2005, 11:57 AM
Advanced

There are only two other TSX's in the region where I live and both are driven by older professional males from my observation. For whatever reason TL's outnumber TSX's dramatically around my part of the world....
Old 11-13-2005, 01:41 PM
Racer

Well, there's already been threads on the TSX being a girls car as well as an older persons car. In my mind the car is better suited to being a "girls or older" persons car than it is being a younger "guys" car. If I were a kid I certainly wouldn't buy a TSX. Waiting for the flames.
Old 11-13-2005, 02:11 PM
Professional SLACKER

I noticed that a lot more women are driving the TSX.... but I don't really mind them.... They realized that its a great car to own too.....
Old 11-13-2005, 02:18 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
are you guys friggin retarded? Its a damn car!! Yes there cars that have the extreme cases - probably the easiest to say is the volks beatle in lime green esp...But thats becasue taht was their target market. Don't go against me on that one either because a company that makes the car look that "cute and cozy" looking and then adds a fake flower as interior design is obviously targeting females. However, whether the TSX is a guy/girls car is irrelavent. There aren't any characteristics that make it a guy or a girls car.

Don't even tell me how the suspension makes it a guys car or how the engine makes it a girls car because those are preferences, not something that really makes it a guy or a girls car.

The TSX is at itself and "entry-level luxo sedan." its a car designed for people who want a refined car, but also don't need to/can't afford/ or shouldn't own a higher end luxo car. Guys and girls will like the car. However, even with that said, there is probably more guys that prefer sportier cars than girls. But that doesn't mean cars were designed for men, the reality is that guys like cars that are sporty. And the same applies for females. However, especially with the changing roles in women in society today, more and more females are becoming more dominant in many fields which is probably why the line that existed between men and women in the colonial age is blurred now - which I believe is a wonderful thing.

I'd feel good either way seeing a guy or a girl, young or old, black or white or asian or spanish or etc etc etc, or whoever driving a TSX. The only ones that I'd hate to see drive the tsx are assh*les that think they're everything, trash the car because its their "beater" (whoever that guy that went mudding in one...), arrogant bas*ards etc.

The car is refined - the car is meant for wholesome people. It is definately not classy to start segregating cars based on sexes, and also definately not classy to classify it as a negative attribute. If you do, then you really don't deserve to own one/drive one.
Old 11-13-2005, 02:58 PM
06 TSX ASM/Ebony 5AT

Women are better at recognizing 'value' & practicality. I bet TLs are popular as well

Another factor is that boyfriends & husbands are picking the car for them. I am looking at TSX, but it is not for me.
Old 11-13-2005, 03:36 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by yukit
Women are better at recognizing 'value' & practicality. I bet TLs are popular as well

Another factor is that boyfriends & husbands are picking the car for them. I am looking at TSX, but it is not for me.
lol very true. However did you know, that women actually influence the purchases of most items in the united states. I mean think about it guys, how many of you 2nd thought the car when your girlfriend or wife said something or didn't give the reaction you wanted. How many of you had to okay it through with your wife before you bought your car...lol

But on the the other hand, men generally spend more in general for a particular product. Meaning - guys will spend x much more money on something generally than females.
Old 11-13-2005, 03:42 PM
Racer

I've noticed the exact same thing here in So Cal. I guess not many guys recognize the TSX as a "fun" car. Honestly, the TSX wasn't even on my radar when I looking for a new car. Only after casually loking around at cars did I look into the TSX for the heck of it. Then did I find out it was made in Japan and had such great reviews from owners. Also, it's rare you see a modified TSX; I like the unique factor. There's plenty of G35's, 350z's, IS300's, and 3 series on every street corner.
Old 11-13-2005, 08:24 PM
no0bIe

Originally Posted by goowakjai
I've noticed the exact same thing here in So Cal. I guess not many guys recognize the TSX as a "fun" car. Honestly, the TSX wasn't even on my radar when I looking for a new car. Only after casually loking around at cars did I look into the TSX for the heck of it. Then did I find out it was made in Japan and had such great reviews from owners. Also, it's rare you see a modified TSX; I like the unique factor. There's plenty of G35's, 350z's, IS300's, and 3 series on every street corner.
AMEN!!!
Old 11-13-2005, 08:30 PM
no0bIe

I do notice this as well, but its all good I love my TSX and don't mind this to much at all.
Old 11-13-2005, 11:26 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by goowakjai

thats because every guy in socal, has some sort of sports coupe or convertible.

plus there is less incentive to get a fwd car here since it doesnt snow , and doesnt rain much.

i think its a great value for the car. but it isnt' like a car considered "badass" (i had a g35coupe before this) like say an rx8, g35, 350z etc. and its not a convertible so all those people are gone too. i think its is VERY refined for the price class, whcih isnt something that shows up in the spec sheet. i was fine with paying a bit more money for refined even though it is not as fast.

yeah so i figure, for your typical 20-40 male, who wants a car that is "hot" , a practical car like a tsx just wont cut it since practical is basically the opposite of hot. and nearly mutually exclusive things. i know plenty of guys in their 20s who'd buy an rsx first since it is "cooler" even though its only maybe 3-4 grand less , way less refined with a worse interior, etc.
Old 11-13-2005, 11:28 PM
Instructor

TSX is a well rounded car, for anyone... I think I see as many guys driving TSX as well as girls
my
Old 11-14-2005, 11:03 AM
Instructor

Omg - Lol

I'm glad you guys are using the word "most".

I was the one who decided to buy the TSX (I've been looking at it for a long time) and I even bitched for the colour I wanted (saleman thought I was crazy paying an extra 3k for the colour - there was a PWP on the lot "on sale"). I test drove it, dealt with the dealer, etc... I also clean it and take care of it because it's my car.

The TSX is not a chick car - I bought it because I like it (look & drive) and wanted something unique. There are a few TSXs in my neighbourhood (2 - silvers). Everybody has the silver Honda Civic/Accord, Audi, BMW, Nissan/Infity... I didn't like to new look for the Audis (front grill and new new rear lights) and I was never a fan of BMW :shakehead (but I love the "Angel Eyes"). And Nissan/Infity - I don't like the look af any of their cars. If the TL was the size of the TSX and had folding rear seats - I would have bought it (I prefer the options in it).

Adrena
2005 GP/Auto/Navi
Old 11-14-2005, 11:13 AM
Team Owner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by zack
Not really, I see ALL kinds of people driving TSXs. I guess what I have noticed is that the TSX is not just a guy car.
Old 11-14-2005, 11:19 AM
2006 DGP Sold 10/24/2012

My sister bought one upon my recommendation, then I did the same....
Old 11-14-2005, 12:24 PM
Burning Brakes

TSX is a family sedan for grown up kid! And those grown up kid probably need to justify to their wife that it is a partical family sedan that she also can drive it everyday. So end up the wife took it to drive it everyday and left the grown up kid the mini van.... My case is a bit better, my wife left me the bimmer.
Old 11-14-2005, 01:06 PM
iVTEC no koe

Originally Posted by ianS
TSX is a family sedan for grown up kid! And those grown up kid probably need to justify to their wife that it is a partical family sedan that she also can drive it everyday. So end up the wife took it to drive it everyday and left the grown up kid the mini van.... My case is a bit better, my wife left me the bimmer.
Can't say I agree about the "family" part. Almost everytime I see a TSX, it's usually just 1 person in the car, sometimes 2. Guess you could call it a "couples" car, if there is such a term, but definitely not in the family category like Accords/Camrys.

In regards to the thread topic, it will never become a chick car, it's too neutral in terms of masculine/feminine styling

Old 11-14-2005, 02:25 PM
Racer

Talking

Originally Posted by ianS

haha, same here. Coming from a coupe in my previous car, I had to justify getting the TSX becuase it would bemore "practical" for work and the family and it was a 4 banger so easier on the wallet.
Old 11-14-2005, 03:45 PM
Thriller

I specifically asked for the most feminine model Acura had...they said you definitely want the TSX. I was disappointed to find there was no flower vase on the dash board!
Old 11-14-2005, 05:47 PM
Guinea Pig

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
uhhhhhh.......Well I was gonna buy a pink purse, but I decided to get a TSX instead. I just needed something to help me bond with my feminine side. Actually my TSX just helps me bond with females on their sides
Old 11-14-2005, 06:49 PM
Banned

chick TSX:

Old 11-14-2005, 06:54 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by huckleberry
chick TSX:

Oooohhh pretttttyyy......
Old 11-14-2005, 07:04 PM
Racer

i think its a car for people who are secure with themselves.

my roomate who has been talking about getting a mustang gt for oh about a year so he can "burn" people on the freeway (or an m3, which he also thought would be great for "burning" people), has on occasion called the tsx a "gutless, car that screams I'm a pussy!".

to which i usually reply something along the lines of, i dont need a 4.6 L v8 to say i'm not a pussy, since well, i'm not a pussy. he usually shuts up about then.