TSX Comments from IS300.net

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2003, 07:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
guess those IS300 guys forgot their roots
Numbnuts, did not Acura themselves say they TARGETED the 3-series and IS 300 with the TSX????

If not for the IS 300 being a TRUE 3-series competitor, winning acclaim and awards and showing people WILL buy a small Japanese luxo sedan, others like Infiniti (G35) and Acura (TSX) would not have followed.

And IS.netters are some if not THE funniest, wildest, realest people on the net. Take it with a grain of salt.

So don't forget your roots.

Old 12-17-2003, 08:27 PM
Registered AssHat

Originally posted by 1SICKLEX
Numbnuts, did not Acura themselves say they TARGETED the 3-series and IS 300 with the TSX????
No they didn't. Specifically they said something more along the lines of challenging European and other Japanese competitors in the market segment.

For the Ride and Drives there was a Volvo S40, Audi 1.8T FWD, and Lexus IS300.
Old 12-17-2003, 08:41 PM
Advanced

Acura didnt say that "numbnuts" the editors said it they compared the specs and features to it. Acura like Lung said wanted to challenge the euros and japs and alittle fyi bring your ego down a notch. just because you have a Lex doesnt mean your above everyone else in this forum.
Old 12-18-2003, 06:25 AM
Advanced

i think, sOy is a pretty funny character, I really do... umm regarding this post, I think it is important to realize that people do take pride in everything they do and they own... if you love or care about it... so yeah cars that we own has some prideful feelings in our hearts so lets not bullsh*t... and say that

I can sit here for days listing both cars pros and cons... but I will make it clear...

I picked the TSX because.... its a I4 that produces 200 poneys... as a IS300... has an extra two cylinders that make 15 more poneys... and I pay how much more for it? 4K?

For the price I pay for 15 more ponies... who cares when the IS is still SLOW because of its weight...

Not real leather? well I guess so, but sh*t looks pretty damn real to me, lie to me, cause it is the same anyways. If I remember correctly, I can fit four grown adults in my TSX and still have room to move around. as the IS300 can only fit 2 1/2 person(s), and god I hope that no one even tries to sit in the back seat... they should pray for their lives...

People compare the TSX as a new high class integra... but shit I rather be compared to as a integra, than be called a rich boys upgraded CIVIC.

WHY OH WHY, am i pointing this out? BECAUSE....

I have pride in my car BECAUSE I AM A TSX OWNER. thoes are the reason WHY I got a TSX over a IS300... if you want me to say it in a more respectable tone, and not bagg on "another" car...

" THE IS300 IS JUST NOT MY CUP OF TEA, BUT I STILL RESPECT YOU IS300... just that... the TSX is that good over a IS300... in my mind."

ALSO... WE TSX's EAT IS300's for breakfast, lunch, and dinner on the freeway... i'll admit you can take us half a car length at a stop... but when your on the freeway, I will be more than half a cars length ahead...

So yes... I AM HAPPY I AM A TSX OWNER... go back to IS300.net sOy, we enjoyed your company

Hope I was not too harsh?
Old 12-18-2003, 08:32 AM
Instructor

well said Kidd!!
Old 12-18-2003, 09:50 AM
Pro

Lexus IS300, G35, BMW 325i, Audi A4 1.8T Quattro, MB C230, Acura TSX: All incredible cars, all with different strengths and weaknesses. When I see any one of these cars on the road, I think to myself 'sweet ride'. Depending on someone's priorities, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend any of these cars to a friend:

Want a stiff chassis, RWD, and good brakes? Bimmer
Need good AWD? Audi
Want to be coddled in luxury, prestige, and safety? MB
Care only about straightline acceleration? G35
Want the I6, RWD, and handling of the Bimmer, but the reliability of a Toyota? IS300
Care about fuel economy, interior quality, reliability, and overall value? TSX

For me, RWD wasn't an option (I see too many RWD cars/trucks stuck in the snow here in SW Virginia). I planned to drive my new car for 100K+ miles, so Euro cars were out due to expensive maintenance. $28k was the absolute most I could justify spending on a new car at this point in my life (23 yrs old, 6 months out of grad school, and engaged to be married). That didn't leave much else in the sports sedan market except the TSX. If I had $40k to spend, I might have grabbed a 330xi. So I will never bash anyone for buying any of the above cars, because they aren't me.
Old 12-18-2003, 09:57 AM
dom
Senior Moderator

Received 801 Likes on 662 Posts
Originally posted by TSX Hokie
Want a stiff chassis, RWD, and good brakes? Bimmer
Need good AWD? Audi
Want to be coddled in luxury, prestige, and safety? MB
Care only about straightline acceleration? G35
Want the I6, RWD, and handling of the Bimmer, but the reliability of a Toyota? IS300
Care about fuel economy, interior quality, reliability, and overall value? TSX
Not entirely fair about the G35. From all accounts it handles almost as well as a Bimmer, so it can do much more than go in a staright line.

And its now available in AWD with a system that on paper anyway is superior to Audi's and BMW's.

Now only if it looked good.

I agree with everything else you've written though. Everyone has a reason for buying a certain car, and their decesion should'nt be questioned.
Old 12-18-2003, 10:13 AM
Pro

Maybe that was a harsh assessment of the G35. But among the cars mentioned, it isn't the leader in any major category except straightline acceleration. I would be very suprised if Nissan has put together an AWD system that rivals Quattro. The G35 might be dead last in exterior styling, and definitely interior quality. And it sure isn't a value leader with all the rip-off option packages (BMW is guilty of this too). That said, 0-60 in less than 6 seconds has got to be a blast.
Old 12-18-2003, 11:32 AM
Teh ?

Originally posted by TSX Hokie
... I would be very suprised if Nissan has put together an AWD system that rivals Quattro...
The AWD in the G35 is actually a carryover from the last Skyline (G35 being the Skyline in Japan). The ATTESSA 4wd system is considered one of the best AWD systems in the world, has been around for quite some time now, and has been compared to the Quattro system as well. Not to mention, two generations ago (model line), Skylines featured both four wheel steering as well as AWD.

Junkster, whose father rode in a Skyline during the 70's.
Old 12-18-2003, 04:02 PM

Hope I was not too harsh?
Nope.
People compare the TSX as a new high class integra... but shit I rather be compared to as a integra, than be called a rich boys upgraded CIVIC
No such thing as a low class integra. Have you ever driven one? A high-class Integra is not a good thing bub.
Not real leather? well I guess so, but sh*t looks pretty damn real to me, lie to me, cause it is the same anyways. If I remember correctly, I can fit four grown adults in my TSX and still have room to move around. as the IS300 can only fit 2 1/2 person(s), and god I hope that no one even tries to sit in the back seat... they should pray for their lives...
Both are small in the back for lunch and short trips...
I picked the TSX because.... its a I4 that produces 200 poneys... as a IS300... has an extra two cylinders that make 15 more poneys... and I pay how much more for it? 4K?
Get it through your skull. I-4 does not equate luxury, no matter if it made 500hp. Lexus DID NOT bring over the I-4 IS 200 because they realized that 4 cylinder luxury cars cheapen a marque and are miss with luxury consumers. SO they stuffed the 2JZ in. Look at Infiniti and the dumb 4-cylinder G20. Now the G35 is a hit. BMW dropped their I-4 engines in the USA.
ALSO... WE TSX's EAT IS300's for breakfast, lunch, and dinner on the freeway... i'll admit you can take us half a car length at a stop... but when your on the freeway, I will be more than half a cars length ahead...
Bullshit. And while you can add the classic Honda fart can exhaust, the IS can take F/I in any form or fashion, your HP depends on how much you have to spend.
Old 12-18-2003, 04:04 PM

Maybe that was a harsh assessment of the G35. But among the cars mentioned, it isn't the leader in any major category except straightline acceleration. I would be very suprised if Nissan has put together an AWD system that rivals Quattro. The G35 might be dead last in exterior styling, and definitely interior quality. And it sure isn't a value leader with all the rip-off option packages (BMW is guilty of this too). That said, 0-60 in less than 6 seconds has got to be a blast.
I am no G35 sedan fan, but it has won comparos, it has been a 10 best winner, car of the year and won praise all over for BEING a great car for the price. G35s start at 28k-38k loaded. THe TL starts at 33k-41 loaded. G35=value (that is why the interior is sub-par)
Old 12-18-2003, 04:40 PM
Teh ?

Dude, did everyone miss my part of this thread?

Calling people names, making wild remarks (ie "TSX eating IS300"... I love the TSX, but not enough to state things like that), calling each other names that I ususally hear from my 10 year old nephews and nieces, and stating no facts but rather assumptions.

Seriously, I love this forum... yes, using the word 'love' here... because most of the time, people ACTUALLY act like they are over the age of 12... really they do. Did everyone notice the types of posts at IS300.net? Some are just plane ignorant and childish, and I hate that about 95% of all forums.

If you are someone who likes to use 1st grade cut-downs about others, please, take it to clubtsx, is300.net, etc. I like this forum too much to let the rotten ones turn this into just another forum.

Don't most people 'lurch' before they start out in a forum nowadays? That's how you find out the unwritten guidelines of a forum and can gauge your comments to reflect the guidelines... shish, I'm getting worked up!!!

Junkster, whose disappointed that Sicklex was involved in such nonsense.
Old 12-18-2003, 04:45 PM
Teh ?

Originally posted by 1SICKLEX
I am no G35 sedan fan, but it has won comparos, it has been a 10 best winner, car of the year and won praise all over for BEING a great car for the price. G35s start at 28k-38k loaded. THe TL starts at 33k-41 loaded. G35=value (that is why the interior is sub-par)
Good point. The G35 is probably one of the best sports sedans for the money. A buddy of mine just traded in his old A4 for a G35, and he testdrove the usual competition, and he swears that he loves the driving dynamics of the G35, and the fact that he didn't pay a few more grand for the experience (he does state the interior just tweaks him out from time to time).

I'm no fan of the major auto review magazines, but I have to pay close attention when almost all the publications praise one car.

Junkster, who hasn't seen a Sicklex post in a while.