TSX Comments from IS300.net

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2003, 01:56 PM
dom
Senior Moderator

Received 801 Likes on 662 Posts
TSX Comments from IS300.net

Pretty bored here at work on a Friday afternoon and nothing really interesting to discuss here so I decided to go over to is300.net and do a search on "TSX" and see what I could find. Here are some of my favorites.

"This car is truly wonderful. (IS300) The only other car I considered was the TSX, but it is so unrefined compared to the Lex."

"My friend bought a new IS not too long ago for $1000 below invoice + tax, reg, etc w/1.49 % financing. It's kind of sad when you think about it because even the TSX has out sold the IS."

"TSX - Torqueless rattlebox"

Acura TSX-- nice 6-sp gearbox, gutless and soulless

"TSX - A very close 2nd place, loud interior, not as sporty looking as IS."

"Pros TSX - Good gas mileage, dual exhaust, great 6 speed, very quiet interior, excellent leather & plastics for interior, Voice activated NAV, storage spaces

Cons TSX - FWD, I4, handling (can be fixed with the right suspension work), non-existant torque, FWD & I4."

"I kind of laugh when the mags claim that cars like the TSX don't have torque steer. A better statement is some FWD cars have less torque steer than others. The nice thing about RWD cars is they don't have any. Just make a sharp corner in car like the TSX and stand on the gas really hard and see what happens. FWD performance cars are also crippled if they don't have an LSD."

"???? TSX doesnt even have REAL leather

Almost every TSX owner complains about numerous rattles due to the fact that the interior is cheap."

"When I test drove a TSX, I thought it SUCKED.

"Absolutely no power, and to tell you the truth, the interior was not all that impressive either"

The TSX was so disappointing on the test drive, I miss my old GSR sedan - that felt sporty, and the VTEC loved to rev. The TSX was about as much fun as a Camry to drive. I could not feel a thing through the pedals, seats or steering wheel - reminds me of an arcade game. Car is damn slow too. The shifter is great, but the clutch blows - cannot feel a thing - just let it out and assume it's in gear. Yuck."

And my favorite

"I am at a loss when I hear someone say that the TSX has better interior?"

Please note that this thread was not created to begin an argument. IS300 drivers have a right to their opinion and I was really bored and thought I'd find out what that opinion was.
Old 12-12-2003, 01:58 PM
More On

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Great read, Dom!

My favorite:

"When I test drove a TSX, I thought it SUCKED."

Although "Torqueless rattlebox" is pretty good too.
Old 12-12-2003, 02:03 PM
dom
Senior Moderator

Larch, I would love to see you in the jungle that is IS300.net. I think we should move your "best car for under 80K" thread over there.
Old 12-12-2003, 02:06 PM
dom
Senior Moderator

'the main things that turn me off to the TSX are:

TSX has Front Wheel Drive, whats the fun in that?

TSX has 4 cylinders, instead of the IS's Inline 6.

IS has more horsepower and much more torque.

Acura's arent as reliable as Lexus, and the service is shittier.

I prefer the styling of the IS over the TSX, but thats personal preference.

There are also many many more mods for the IS.

Do you really want to drive a Honda??

Another favorite. Did anyone tell this guy that his Lexus is a Toyota?
Advanced

The IS300 was my favorite car since the day I saw the ad on tv I was a big fan but Im not going to lie the car is exceptional, but the euros tail lights are just played out bad. I mean when you start to see them on SUVs and trucks then you feel dumb because you thought your IS300 was unique with those tails and knowing you paid 34,500 while the person in the TSX paid only 28,000 out the door for the same features you have. Come on Acura is building itself up year by year just give it 4 more years and you will see the big change but they just need to move to RWD or AWD.
Don't get run over!

The torqueless rattlebox is so true. I learned to live with the rattles on my TSX, since everytime I went to the dealer to have them fix the rattlings, the rattles would always come back in some form or another. Also, this car has no torque because I've taken my TSX to the track several times and ran it and its kinda slow.

Other than that, these people on is300.net really take pride in their cars and like to think its better.

The interior in the TSX is WAY better than the IS300.
Old 12-12-2003, 02:10 PM
Pinky all stinky

Received 189 Likes on 117 Posts
I love the comment about torque steer and FWD. Even I know that FWD doesn't necessarily equate to FWD. They want to try an Acura RL one day. And they can try a Lincoln Continental to see that RWD doesn't necessarily equate to better handling, either.
Old 12-12-2003, 02:28 PM
s0y
9th Gear

Is300 owner here...

So here's my take... eveyone has bias towards their car... if they didn't like why the fock would they buy it in the first palce?

Following so far?

ok so if you dig long enough you'll eventually find what you're looking for. You want some proof of IS300 owner's bashing the TSX? found it. BUt there is some good in the car too.

I wonder if your holy moderator realizes he's driving a honda? I know mine's a toyota, but then again, A4's are passats, and Cayanne's are toureg's

what's the point?

one-up-manship at its WORST. Be happy w/ what you have, you could be stuck in a VW Bug shitbox and then would have all the room in the world to complain.

comments?
Old 12-12-2003, 02:31 PM
YBA
Burning Brakes

You can't blame them, they made the wrong choice when buying the IS vs a TSX. They have to convince themselve that they made a good choice...

On a more serious note, they are not totally wrong. I guess IS owners are looking at different criterias compared to TSX owners. I tried both, they are both nice cars but the TSX was more my cup of tea. The IS is more powerfull but I wouldn't buy a car based on power only.

I guess it's the same thing when meeting women. Some men prefer bigger women, I prefer a women with ABS (not anti lock brake system)... It's a question of taste.

One last thing, I thought the interior of the IS was nice.... until I got in a TSX
Old 12-12-2003, 02:32 PM
s0y
9th Gear

Originally posted by 2004_Acura_TSX

Other than that, these people on is300.net really take pride in their cars and like to think its better.
OMG call the COPS!!!!

taking pride in their cars??!?!? What right do they have?!?!? Bastards! Sinners! Repent!

ahhaha tool, grow up.
Old 12-12-2003, 02:41 PM
dom
Senior Moderator

Originally posted by s0y
Is300 owner here...

So here's my take... eveyone has bias towards their car... if they didn't like why the fock would they buy it in the first palce?

Following so far?

ok so if you dig long enough you'll eventually find what you're looking for. You want some proof of IS300 owner's bashing the TSX? found it. BUt there is some good in the car too.

I wonder if your holy moderator realizes he's driving a honda? I know mine's a toyota, but then again, A4's are passats, and Cayanne's are toureg's

what's the point?

one-up-manship at its WORST. Be happy w/ what you have, you could be stuck in a VW Bug shitbox and then would have all the room in the world to complain.

comments?

Yes I realize I'm driving a Honda why else would I bring up the part about him driving a Toyota.

And I'm not sure if you meant people have some good things to say about the TSX at is300.net when you "say But there is some good in the car too.' but I can tell you I went through the first 15 or so threads and could'nt find one postive from regular members. The only positives were from people asking which to buy.

And you say "if I look long enough" I did a search on "TSX" not "TSX Bashing" or "TSX sucks" every thread was negative towards the car, noone had a good thing to say. It took me all of 5 minutes to find those quotes. Its no secret most IS300 drivers have no respect for the TSX.

But I don't see the big deal, like you said most people are biased towards their own car. I really like the IS and I shopped it against the TSX when I was buying. The fact that it was RWD, smaller and more $$$ ensured I was getting a TSX.

And remember this thread was'nt created to argue, in fact I agree with some of those comments.
Old 12-12-2003, 02:47 PM
Obnoxious Philadelphian

Originally posted by s0y

comments?
I think if you spent some time here you'd find that everyone is well aware of the Honda-Acura link, and many (probably most) are proud of that connection, not ignorant or embarrassed by it.

I think one-upping at its WORST is registering on a site just to one-up the members.
Old 12-12-2003, 02:49 PM
Yeah..

Originally posted by s0y
OMG call the COPS!!!!

taking pride in their cars??!?!? What right do they have?!?!? Bastards! Sinners! Repent!

ahhaha tool, grow up.
The point 2004_Acura_tsx was trying to make is that it is the right of IS owners to take pride in there cars....

--- 2004_Acura_tsx's point---

-----flying over ----->

(-_-) <----your head
Old 12-12-2003, 02:56 PM
dom
Senior Moderator

Originally posted by jcg878
I think if you spent some time here you'd find that everyone is well aware of the Honda-Acura link, and many (probably most) are proud of that connection, not ignorant or embarrassed by it.

I think one-upping at its WORST is registering on a site just to one-up the members.

What my TSX is a Honda ???

Wait I just noticed that its a exact replica of the Euro Accord too. Why did'nt somebody tell me?

Old 12-12-2003, 03:03 PM
2004 TL Owner

i hate people who bitch about the TSX.. show me a car with all the features of the TSX for the same price, and then you have me.. Add leather, sunroof and navigation to any similar car and you're into the 30K+ range... I'll take a TSX thanks
Old 12-12-2003, 03:11 PM
dom
Senior Moderator

I see your point but IS300 and G35 drivers would argue that because there cars are RWD with V or I6's that its worth that extra few K you have to pay.

Its all a matter of preference and requirements.
Old 12-12-2003, 03:12 PM
Burning Brakes

you know, if the IS300 had a cool insturment cluster, about 5K less in price tag, and a voice controlled nav system that can be programmed while driving i would have bought one. the RWD in snow i would be willing to live with. as for front verses rear drive, thats tough. i have heard over and over how well honda has always done in eliminating torque steer.
the problem is any FWD car on UNEVEN pavement will torque steer, but on flat ground you could pop the clutch in 1st gear and let go of the wheel and it will drive straight as an arrow.

i think to some extent the lexus name has definitly made people snobbish, seems everyone i know including my mon, dad, and brother who all drive a lexus drive one because they say its a status symbol. this may be true but i just make the "L" sign at them which in my opinion spells LOOSER! lol

i think when i get rich ill just go buy a Jag, Mercedes, BMW just so i can parade myself around with my head up in the clouds and play the image im supposed to.
Old 12-12-2003, 03:19 PM
s0y
9th Gear

Originally posted by jcg878

omg get over it... I'm 1/2 agreeing w/ you folks here, not trying to take shots at you. I'm not calling you out for not knwoing you drive a honda. I'm saying, the comparison is stupid. its a cheap shot to belittle a car. who cares who makes it. It could be made by ralph wiggum for all i care. I didn't come on here to one up anyone, but its clear you've got standoffish attitude instead of welcoming a civil discussion. pardon me if my sarcasm is too much for you too chew on, I'll tone it down:P I have yet to stake a claim that my car is better, so you can jsut go ahead and put your foot in your mouth now, thanks.
Old 12-12-2003, 03:22 PM
dom
Senior Moderator

Why don't we start over sOy, how did you find the site and why are you here? and I mean that because I'm interested. We have a 325 owner who's always here, a 330xi owner as well and things are pretty much always civil so I'm sure we won't have a problem with you either.
Old 12-12-2003, 03:23 PM
Burning Brakes

is300.net sucks ass
all those people over there are pricks and kiss each others asses.
the ONLY thing nice about the IS300's interior is the leather on the seats, that's about it. the gauges are retarded and its cramped as hell in there. the exterior looks like a civic, i think it's even the same size as a civic. to sum it up, the only thing the IS300 has going for it is the 2JZ (which needs more power), rwd, and leather.
Old 12-12-2003, 03:23 PM
s0y
9th Gear

Originally posted by domn
I see your point but IS300 and G35 drivers would argue that because there cars are RWD with V or I6's that its worth that extra few K you have to pay.

Its all a matter of preference and requirements.
keep in mind that when the IS came out it was cheaper and had more options standard than the A4 and BMW3... the TSX 2-3 years later came along and beat the IS at its own game. No doubt.
Old 12-12-2003, 03:25 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally posted by s0y
omg get over it... I'm 1/2 agreeing w/ you folks here, not trying to take shots at you. I'm not calling you out for not knwoing you drive a honda. I'm saying, the comparison is stupid. its a cheap shot to belittle a car. who cares who makes it. It could be made by ralph wiggum for all i care. I didn't come on here to one up anyone, but its clear you've got standoffish attitude instead of welcoming a civil discussion. pardon me if my sarcasm is too much for you too chew on, I'll tone it down:P I have yet to stake a claim that my car is better, so you can jsut go ahead and put your foot in your mouth now, thanks.
"get over it"
the only people who say that are the ones who get humiliated and start crying. a lexus is a toyota, what's your point?
Old 12-12-2003, 03:27 PM
s0y
9th Gear

Originally posted by Bass Mechanic

i think to some extent the lexus name has definitly made people snobbish, seems everyone i know including my mon, dad, and brother who all drive a lexus drive one because they say its a status symbol. this may be true but i just make the "L" sign at them which in my opinion spells LOOSER! lol
stupid reason to buy a car: what other people think.

Fock other people YOU are driving. i test drove a ton of cars b4 i settled on the IS... fast forward 3 years and it doesn't suit me well anymore, but it was and is a fun car.
Old 12-12-2003, 03:28 PM
s0y
9th Gear

Originally posted by iNteGraz92
"get over it"
the only people who say that are the ones who get humiliated and start crying. a lexus is a toyota, what's your point?
ok bro, grow up
Old 12-12-2003, 03:30 PM
Yeah..

Originally posted by s0y
The only problem I have is that you took most of our polite sarcasm as being a 'standofish' attitude and then accuse us of that very same thing. Love your car Lexus owners..it's ok.
Old 12-12-2003, 03:34 PM
Kickstand

Holy shit....im driving a honda???? FOCK!!

(Just Kidding)

Anyways...the IS is a cool car...I used to drive an ES300. Lexus is a nice brand...very well built cars. I went with the TSX because I fell in love with the look of the car. Plus I've driven two acuras previous to the TSX and you couldnt make them break down. And just like with any brand of car there will always be the pricks and the nice guys. Many people will defend what they buy and thats cool. I love the fact that most IS owners hate the TSX...makes it more fun to smoke them on the road...unless of course there hiding a turbo under the hood.
Old 12-12-2003, 03:37 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally posted by s0y
stupid reason to buy a car: what other people think.

Fock other people YOU are driving. i test drove a ton of cars b4 i settled on the IS... fast forward 3 years and it doesn't suit me well anymore, but it was and is a fun car.
i totally agree it is a fun car, i drove my moms who lives in FL and has a black / tan with nav
the car was a blast to drive, she let me drive her around in her new car all week.
i was actually getting attached to it till i had to go home.
the point is both are very nice cars, what kills me is when someone makes comments like the TSX is a POS shitbox, bla bla, dont you think thats a little over exagerated? i mean we arent talking about a GEO metro now that is a shitbox and rightfully so, look at the price tag.
but to call any acura or any 30 k car a shitbox is just showing a persons lack of intelligens to what is and isnt a good car.
we all know everyone likes their choice in cars, like you said or they would not have made the choice to buy it.

i think its jus funny how someone can be so opinionated and so right about buying the IS they would make their point by slamming people who bought a TSX. it just shows their own ignorance, age and immaturity.
seems all they want to brag about is how fast it is, how well it handels. if that was all that anyone cared about everyone would be driving a corvette. but i think all of us here know there is more to a good car, good value than thoes 2 features.
Old 12-12-2003, 03:38 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally posted by s0y
Is300 owner here...

Yeah, people should absolutely take pride in their car. The problem is, the posts quoted above were people bashing a car to make their car look better. I've been on this forum since it started and I don't remember any posts that bashed the IS. Most posts that compared the two would usually end up with "The IS is a nice car, but the TSX is more my style." I think that is what it means to tastefully take pride in your car. Acknowledge that other cars are good but enjoy your car because it fits you.

We all know Acura is just a division of Honda and that the TSX is just a "rebadged" Euro Accord. And that's fine with us, some of us are proud of that fact. What Domn was getting at had to do with the post we quoted...The IS owner belittled the Acura saying "don't they realize they're just driving a Honda while I'm driving a Lexus"...even though he ignores the fact that Lexus is just driving a Toyota.
Old 12-12-2003, 03:41 PM
dom
Senior Moderator

Originally posted by 7or8
The only problem I have is that you took most of our polite sarcasm as being a 'standofish' attitude and then accuse us of that very same thing. Love your car Lexus owners..it's ok.
Damn I'm slow I just picked up on it now

Lets be fair and at least hear more of whay sOy has to say.
Old 12-12-2003, 03:43 PM
More On

Originally posted by 7or8
See, 7or8 talks in code sometimes.

And he wanted us to believe that "7or8" doesn't necessarily mean anything.

BTW does even a single solitary person want to give a vote to the poor neglected IS300 in this poll?.....

http://www.acura-tsx.com/forums/show...&threadid=5053

Ain't doing too good so far. :'(
Old 12-12-2003, 03:48 PM
Advanced

s0y is a friend of mine and i showed him the link for you guys getting all huffy about the is300 because he's an owner.. i thought the whole situation was funny... and it would be good for a laugh how everyone's bickering. but it's not cool how you guys are being immature and not even willing to have some level-headed conversation with the guy about your differences. you say that the is300 owners are all losers who have to justify their expenses by bashing everyone around them... well, why don't you take a look at how you're acting now.
Old 12-12-2003, 03:53 PM
dom
Senior Moderator

I have to agree with you dirk. I started this thread mainly out of pure boredom but also thought it would be good for a laugh.

Even though sOy sort of attacked me with his first post, I'd still like to hear his opinions on both cars.
Old 12-12-2003, 03:59 PM
Advanced

LOL I have never seen a thread get this many replies in less than 4 hours going.....................

OK I'm not going to lie but that "loser" comment is alittle out of line. I have a comment though about the person who said TSXs are Hondas, ok Lexus=Toyota correct ok and TSX is a euro accord with shit hub caps while the IS300 is a Alettaza in Japan aka a economy car with a 4 cylinder 2.0liter engine so once you really think about it they even out so no need to think your the shit because your grill and trunk have a big "L" sign on it its just rebadged like the TSX is. Your IS300 is repriced to just like the TSX is but you look at the features they are pracitcally the same, and lets not forget this is just a forum no one needs to call anyone out that is a major sign of imaturity. O by the way I did consider the IS300 before I got my C230 (soont to be TSX) loved it but just thought about the tails and didnt like them much....

MY 2 CENTS
Old 12-12-2003, 04:01 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by domn
...Do you really want to drive a Honda??
Another favorite. Did anyone tell this guy that his Lexus is a Toyota?
can we say "A-L-T-E-Z-Z-A"... as in Toyota Altezza

guess those IS300 guys forgot their roots
Old 12-12-2003, 04:02 PM
dom
Senior Moderator

Originally posted by MoMocedes
LOL I have never seen a thread get this many replies in less than 4 hours going.....................
Less than 4 hours? its been 2 hours.
Old 12-12-2003, 04:03 PM
Advanced

My bad 2......
Old 12-12-2003, 04:08 PM
Teh ?

Have to chime in...
Lately, we've been getting alot of immature posters, almost seems like I'm back in the OTHER tsx site that was so horrible to post in. I would like to apologize to some of the newer people who have been great additions, but we have to point out some things for new posters... (I'm doing this out of my own general understanding of this forum)

1.) For the most part, we like our disscussions to be civil and fair (no 'your a poopie head' or '____ car sucks!!! Why? No concrete reason.' which is followed by beforementioned line).

2.) Personal arguements should be settled somewhere besides this forum (unless it's really funny, then into misc.)

3.) We are disscussing, NOT arguing for the sake of arguing.

I'm no moderator or anything important in here, but I thought from my experience in this forum these are some of the basics in here for the group. Sorry to sound all Moses and Ten Commandments and stuff.

Junkster, who HATES people who call each other childish names unless its for a good laugh.
Old 12-12-2003, 07:34 PM
More On

I nominate Junkster's post for "Terms of Service."
Old 12-12-2003, 07:46 PM
Pinky all stinky

Received 189 Likes on 117 Posts
Originally posted by dirk
s0y is a friend of mine and i showed him the link for you guys getting all huffy about the is300 because he's an owner.. i thought the whole situation was funny... and it would be good for a laugh how everyone's bickering. but it's not cool how you guys are being immature and not even willing to have some level-headed conversation with the guy about your differences. you say that the is300 owners are all losers who have to justify their expenses by bashing everyone around them... well, why don't you take a look at how you're acting now.
From my point of view, the first few responding posts to domn's opening post were not huffy or anything like that. They were just criticizing the negative and rather ignorant comments made by IS300 owners, they were not bashing the IS300 at all. And then your friend sOy comes in stating the obvious ("everyone has pride in their cars"...welll durrr, thanks for the heads up) as if everyone was being completely irrational and then he goes on to being all sarcastic with every responding post, some which deserved it, but some that didn't. WTF? If it's anyone being immature, it's the guy who comes in here calling someone else a tool and then telling other people to grow up while he could sure as hell take some of his own advice. Hey, if he can dish it, he can take it.
Old 12-12-2003, 11:05 PM
Advanced

Well, the local Lexus dealers here have marked IS300s with leather, etc DOWN to a very familiar number....

$26,990

That can't be coincidental

Quick Reply: TSX Comments from IS300.net