TSX cargo net

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2007 | 08:05 AM
Drifting

Originally Posted by wallstplyr
Drilling and installing two sturdy hooks against the side wall in the middle of the trunk (actually about 2 to 3 feet from the edge of the trunk). Since the TSX only comes with a hook that comes from the floor of the trunk and from the edge. Apparently the 350z cargo net is supposed to work well without the need of custom installation. But I just go for OEM and it's not as ugly or bad like some people made it sound. I only had to pay $83 as opposed to looking at Target, having to set a foot in the Nissan parking lot (UGH I DESPITE NISSAN!) and ask for a cargo net then hooking it up myself. Maybe have to buy some hooks, I don't know. I had a peace of mind by just taking my TSX to Acura and put my trust in them to do high quality work while I wait in the high quality waiting room.
sounds like the same way I installed mine... i guess i'm a custom installer now...

i'm glad to hear that you didn't end up paying 180+ for it tho...
Old 07-31-2007 | 10:04 AM
mrgold35

Originally Posted by HONgDA
how does the nissan cargo net works? do you put your stuff underneath the net and it holds it in place? how secure is it?
Check out post 15 of this thread for pics of the 350Z and Acura nets together. the 350Z is a top/bottom net with only one opening to hold your stuff in place. I use the 350Z about 85% of the time compared to the Acura net.

I always have to un-hook the Acura net if I have a lot of items or when traveling. the only time I have to remove the 350Z net is to get under the trunk tray.
Old 07-31-2007 | 11:01 AM
A DiRTBAG decal on my

Drilling and installing two sturdy hooks against the side wall in the middle of the trunk (actually about 2 to 3 feet from the edge of the trunk). Since the TSX only comes with a hook that comes from the floor of the trunk and from the edge. Apparently the 350z cargo net is supposed to work well without the need of custom installation. But I just go for OEM and it's not as ugly or bad like some people made it sound. I only had to pay $83 as opposed to looking at Target, having to set a foot in the Nissan parking lot (UGH I DESPITE NISSAN!) and ask for a cargo net then hooking it up myself. Maybe have to buy some hooks, I don't know. I had a peace of mind by just taking my TSX to Acura and put my trust in them to do high quality work while I wait in the high quality waiting room.

This install would be the normal/OEM install method. Nothing custom about it.

I installed my OEM net it was pretty easy to me
Old 08-01-2007 | 08:25 AM
Advanced

I have been watching ebay and was curious if anyone picked one up from there. As you see some of the originals for close to 30 but then you see what look like knock off ones starting at 9.99.. anyone grabbed one of the cheapies?
Old 08-01-2007 | 10:08 AM
RGSTRD TL & TSX Offdr

I renegotiated... got the whole deal for $83, which included top quality custom install.
Phew, I was gonna say either your easy giving up the cash or you have enough money to throw around.
Old 09-15-2007 | 01:31 AM
Cruisin'

For those that have installed the OEM net, would anyone still have the templates that came with the instructions? I purchased the OEM net awhile back, and have misplaced the instructions that include the templates. I downloaded the instructions online, but the templates are not included. I'm hoping someone can help me out as I finally have time to install this thing. I'll even send them back after I'm done.
Old 09-15-2007 | 01:58 AM
Need more room in

Originally Posted by tsxman04
For those that have installed the OEM net, would anyone still have the templates that came with the instructions? I purchased the OEM net awhile back, and have misplaced the instructions that include the templates. I downloaded the instructions online, but the templates are not included. I'm hoping someone can help me out as I finally have time to install this thing. I'll even send them back after I'm done.
+1, I bought the oem cargo net off someone on the "other" forum and they were missing the templates. Could someone trace theirs or something and scan it so I can make my own? . Damn new cargo nets in its plastic bags been sitting in my trunk for over two months!
Old 09-15-2007 | 10:33 PM
Cruisin'

bump^
Old 09-16-2007 | 04:45 PM
Instructor

I didn't know that you can fit 350z's cargo net into our TSX's
Old 09-16-2007 | 07:18 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by bz268
I bought one (actually a bunch of those) from the 99-cent store. They comes with red, orange, and black. They hook to that four hooks in the truck nicely.
damn, that's what i'm talking about...

i need to find a 99c store like that here.

i wonder if sporting goods stores have nets i can buy. that way, i can grab carabiners and custom make it.
Old 09-19-2007 | 11:57 AM
Suzuka Master

Well, add me to the list of folks who now has the 350Z cargo net. It is a perfect fit and I love it!!
Old 09-20-2007 | 09:51 PM
Cruisin'

*laughs* dudes... you paid like AT LEAST $24k+ for your car, can't you just pay the maximum $80 to get your cargo installed by the dealer. kick back relax read your hot rod mags or tune onto espn for a couple hours then be on your way. unless you got tons of time, then install the damn thing!
Old 09-21-2007 | 09:25 AM
mrgold35

*laughs* dudes... you paid like AT LEAST $24k+ for your car, can't you just pay the maximum $80 to get your cargo installed by the dealer. kick back relax read your hot rod mags or tune onto espn for a couple hours then be on your way. unless you got tons of time, then install the damn thing!
It is not about the money for me, it is about the value and functionality you get from your money.

I have both Acura and Nissan cargo nets installed. My Acura cargo net was installed for free; but, I get more use out of my 350Z net because of its design.

The 350Z net is a better bang for the buck mod. Why spend more money for less value?
Old 09-21-2007 | 10:36 AM
Advanced

Got mine for $9.99 at Autozone and it works great!
Old 09-21-2007 | 10:42 AM
Instructor

I <3 my 350z cargo net in my TSX. And that was the first and last time I am ever making that heart symbol.
Old 10-04-2007 | 08:43 PM
Pro

Just for reference, the UK Honda Accord cargo net is flat on the floor like the 350z net.

Oh, and I've seen the the cargo net from 99 cent stores -- the net is much less dense than either OEM one, but it probably works just as well.
Old 10-05-2007 | 06:08 PM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by tsxman04
Cancel request. Sold OEM net on EBAY. Decided to go the 350z coupe net route which I agree works well.
Old 10-05-2007 | 10:33 PM
Make a hole, coming thru!

I'm not sure I like the hanging nets, either. Great for soccer balls, Mom, but for other things? The net for my Toyota Sienna was the same, I never got around to all the drilling to install it. It was a PITA from the moment I spent needless money on it.

I might look for a 350Z net. I like "tie-down" nets since I was an aircrewman. But for about $20 or so, I have a Rubbermaid Roughneck tub, grey color goes with the trunk (sort of), and two nylon straps to the forward tie-down rings. With slots cut in the Roughneck tub's hands, the straps keep it snug (it doesn't shift), holds all kinds of loose items (paper towels, Stoner's IG cleaner, Armor All wipes, jelly window squeegee), and the lid seals shut. Do I need a net? Nyet. If y'all want pics, I can post one.
Old 10-06-2007 | 11:02 AM
04 CGP, quartz, navi

Originally Posted by davidspalding
But for about $20 or so, I have a Rubbermaid Roughneck tub, grey color goes with the trunk (sort of), and two nylon straps to the forward tie-down rings. With slots cut in the Roughneck tub's hands, the straps keep it snug (it doesn't shift), holds all kinds of loose items (paper towels, Stoner's IG cleaner, Armor All wipes, jelly window squeegee), and the lid seals shut.
I agree, the Rubbermaid-type tubs work pretty well. I don't have one in my TSX, but my wife has one in her Civic. She has jackets, gloves, snow brushes, and all sorts of other stuff she likes to keep in her trunk at all times. So I bought her this flat Sterilite tub (got it at Target). I didn't measure it, but I'm estimating it's about 30"x18"x6" and comes with a lid held on by snap-down handles. It does a great job of holding stuff that's kept in the car.

To keep it in place, I used a simple and amazingly effective tool -- Velcro. I got a 4" long strip of Velcro and stuck it to the bottom front edge of the bin. (I used the pointy half of the Velcro, not the soft fuzzy part...I just threw the soft fuzzy part away). It does an amazing job of holding the bin in place, because the Velcro really grips the trunk liner well. When we're going to be hauling something big, it takes about 2 seconds to unstick the bin from the trunk liner and remove everything.

She also has a cheap $10 vertical cargo net I installed near the trunk opening, for holding groceries and whatnot.
Old 10-07-2007 | 04:48 PM
Make a hole, coming thru!

The hook half of hook & loop fastener holds to the trnk liner? Ah'll be darned. I like my straps, though, so if I put something heavy in there, I know it won't roll around.