TSX brakes saved my car and ME today!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2008, 07:59 AM
Detail Cars in Philly in

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
TSX brakes saved my car and ME today!!!

So driving up Route 1 this morning on my way to work and all of the sudden everyones brake lights go on while we're doing about 70 mph. everyone came to a complete stop because of an accident right ahead by the Neshaminy Mall(if anyone from philly area). So i slammed down hard on the brakes and felt the abs kicking like no other. I seriously thought i was goining to smash into the car in front of me. Luckily the stopped like a champ with alittle bit tire screetching.
there were 3 more accidents on my way to work (about a 5 mile commute up route 1) What was up with everyone today????

Any one have similar experiences or have different brakes?
Old 02-19-2008, 08:13 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I hated my 04's brakes to begin with. Probably the #1 complaint I had. I quickly put on new pads by 35k miles and not the car actually brakes like one would expect. However, a major component of braking is the tires. Once I got rid of those crappy OEM tires, the car was simply wonderful. SS brake lines and another set of pads in the front and rear and I have no complaints.
Old 02-19-2008, 08:15 AM
East Coast Crew

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I had the same exact experience as you except it was on a turn on the Southern State Parkway. I just saw all these brake lights go on and I stepped on it so hard my tires were screeching to stop. I had to release the pedal a few times during the braking process though because the car behind me was so close to me. The car in front did the same thing.
Old 02-19-2008, 04:38 PM
Instructor

Thankfully that hasn't happened to me yet...

I live <10 minutes away, the ramps connecting Street Road/US1 are AWFUL!. The design is from 30+ years ago and is woefully inadequate for the traffic that area sees today. I know/use all the backroads, US1 once you get into Bucks county is a terrible road safety-wise and at least 30 years outdated.
Old 02-19-2008, 06:04 PM
3rd Gear

Eek, I wish I could say the same. I rear ended someone a few HOURS after I got my TSX. First accident ever. I slammed on the brakes so hard, the ABS kicked in, but I wasn't able to stop on time. I didn't hit the guy going fast at all, and my airbags did not deploy. Luckily I wasn't hurt, but I can't say the same for my car. I felt so stupid. I guess it happens though.
Old 02-19-2008, 07:44 PM
RGSTRD TL & TSX Offdr

Originally Posted by dmassott
So driving up Route 1 this morning on my way to work and all of the sudden everyones brake lights go on while we're doing about 70 mph. everyone came to a complete stop because of an accident right ahead by the Neshaminy Mall(if anyone from philly area). So i slammed down hard on the brakes and felt the abs kicking like no other. I seriously thought i was goining to smash into the car in front of me. Luckily the stopped like a champ with alittle bit tire screetching.
there were 3 more accidents on my way to work (about a 5 mile commute up route 1) What was up with everyone today????

Route 1 right before Neshaminy and the Street Road exits is all turns. Some times at night coming from the 95, I take route 1 a 100mph. Those turns show the excellent TSX handling skills. In the morning, route 1 can get nasty heading towards Trenton.

I have famo in Bensalem. You?
Old 02-19-2008, 07:47 PM
RGSTRD TL & TSX Offdr

Originally Posted by ak3883
Thankfully that hasn't happened to me yet...

I live <10 minutes away, the ramps connecting Street Road/US1 are AWFUL!. The design is from 30+ years ago and is woefully inadequate for the traffic that area sees today. I know/use all the backroads, US1 once you get into Bucks county is a terrible road safety-wise and at least 30 years outdated.
True that^.

Its crazy how I found two Philly Burbs on Acurazine through 1 thread. Never thought to find others that know of the area on here.
Old 02-20-2008, 07:00 AM
Detail Cars in Philly in

Yeah all of the on and off ramps are a mess around there..i live right in ne philly and drive by there everyday going to work and the mall and such..
Old 02-20-2008, 07:59 AM
Three Wheelin'

Aww man, i know what you mean about the roads. I live i think like 10 mins from you....lol. There are tons of accidents there and plenty of bad drivers....hah
Old 02-20-2008, 08:05 AM
Three Wheelin'

Hey Drew, i meant to ask you, what color is your TSX and did you get it from Davis? Just asking cause i traded in my 04 there when i got my 06. My 04 was ASM 5AT non navi.....
Old 02-20-2008, 09:36 AM
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by slickrab
Route 1 right before Neshaminy and the Street Road exits is all turns. Some times at night coming from the 95, I take route 1 a 100mph. Those turns show the excellent TSX handling skills. In the morning, route 1 can get nasty heading towards Trenton.

I have famo in Bensalem. You?
You really like declaring yourself to be a total moron, don't you?

Don't you dare go injuring any one with your stupidity. I hope you get your license revoked.
Old 02-20-2008, 10:01 AM
Detail Cars in Philly in

haha na mine is ABP 6 speed...i live right by archbishop ryan high school..you gotta let me know the next time you take your car in for service, i'll make sure it gets washed up good
Old 02-20-2008, 10:02 AM
Detail Cars in Philly in

Originally Posted by jwood_06TSX
Hey Drew, i meant to ask you, what color is your TSX and did you get it from Davis? Just asking cause i traded in my 04 there when i got my 06. My 04 was ASM 5AT non navi.....
haha na mine is ABP 6 speed...i live right by archbishop ryan high school..you gotta let me know the next time you take your car in for service, i'll make sure it gets washed up good
Old 02-20-2008, 10:13 AM
2008 Acura TSX

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Similar thing happend to me... except the person behind me didn't have good brakes
Old 02-20-2008, 10:24 AM
RGSTRD TL & TSX Offdr

Originally Posted by LukeaTron
You really like declaring yourself to be a total moron, don't you?

Don't you dare go injuring any one with your stupidity. I hope you get your license revoked.
Aww, it looks like someone is still holding a grudge from when I scarred you for life identifying the true you on that other thread. Other members, if you'd like to see why LukeaTron is having such a wonderful morning, click here.

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...5&page=2&pp=25

I am very aware of my actions and I hold responsibilty for all of them. You my friend, on the other hand need immediate assistance. Anti-depressants should help overcome you being a bastard. I'm a pre-pharmacy student. Couple more years and I'll get you all the help you need. Rest assured, help is on it's way!
Old 02-20-2008, 10:26 AM
Drifting

What can I say? Stupid people depress me.
Old 02-20-2008, 10:27 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Take it easy, guys. Let's not start with the personal attacks now.
Old 02-20-2008, 10:28 AM
RGSTRD TL & TSX Offdr

Which dealer would that be? Can I get a VIP car wash too? I have alot of road salt on my NBP and it looks like it has a grayscale fade.
Old 02-20-2008, 10:30 AM
RGSTRD TL & TSX Offdr

Originally Posted by LukeaTron
What can I say? Stupid people depress me.
I guess your referring to the father that abandoned you. I feel for you. Remember life is alot more valuable than you think.

This is my last peice of insight to you. I don't know about you but this isn't my thread and I wouldn't want to hijack a good forum to make you look immature again. Enough time and posts wasted on you. Sorry fellow A'ziners. No further comment's will be made on LukeaTron's negative attitude and activity on this site.
Old 02-20-2008, 10:34 AM
Three Wheelin'

Nice, sweet! I'll hit you up before it rolls in. I am at 50% on oil life so i'll be in a month or so for a check up before starting my ne LONG commute to the job site!!

EDIT: I think arguments on internet forums are stupid!
Old 02-20-2008, 10:38 AM
Three Wheelin'

You two guys just filled Drew's thread up with garbage. If you don't like what the thread is about then don't reply or finish reading it. Why do you feel compelled to reply with a dick comment?.....people crack me up.

This forum has been extremely beneficial to me and has great potential to do the same for others and i wish people like you would just keep your mouth shut. I think the fact that people get into argurments over internet forums is an absolute waste of time and i find it very amusing.

End vent.....sorry Drew!!
Old 02-20-2008, 10:59 AM
Detail Cars in Philly in

Which dealer would that be? Can I get a VIP car wash too? I have alot of road salt on my NBP and it looks like it has a grayscale fade.
haha i'm at davis acura..if your in the area i'd wash it..im there everynight lol
Old 02-20-2008, 11:00 AM
Detail Cars in Philly in

Originally Posted by jwood_06TSX
You two guys just filled Drew's thread up with garbage. If you don't like what the thread is about then don't reply or finish reading it. Why do you feel compelled to reply with a dick comment?.....people crack me up.

This forum has been extremely beneficial to me and has great potential to do the same for others and i wish people like you would just keep your mouth shut. I think the fact that people get into argurments over internet forums is an absolute waste of time and i find it very amusing.

End vent.....sorry Drew!!
haha its cool, and yes i agree..if you have nothing to say about the actual topic, then keep your mouth shut, no one wants to hear your shit
Old 02-20-2008, 11:12 AM
Drifting

I'm sorry, but when I see some idiotic 19 year old bragging about how he regularly drives 100 mph on a road that every one else talking about being extremely dangerous... I'm sorry, it's just a little outrageous. This child has so little respect for his fellow man it just disgusts me.
Old 02-20-2008, 11:23 AM
dom
Senior Moderator

Received 801 Likes on 662 Posts
One more post out of either Lukeatron or slickrab in this thread that doesn't pertain to the topic, gets you a week off.

Just ignore each other. Nobody feels like babysitting.
Old 02-20-2008, 11:41 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by dom
One more post out of either Lukeatron or slickrab in this thread that doesn't pertain to the topic, gets you a week off.

Just ignore each other. Nobody feels like babysitting.
Dammit... I wanted to say babysitting.
Old 02-20-2008, 11:42 AM
Detail Cars in Philly in

Originally Posted by moda_way
Dammit... I wanted to say babysitting.
haha thanks guys!
Old 02-20-2008, 11:45 AM
RGSTRD TL & TSX Offdr

haha i'm at davis acura..if your in the area i'd wash it..im there everynight lol
I'll probably stop by Davis Acura once the 09 TSX and RL roll out. I guess I'll look out for you, maybe set your alarm off since I don't actually know how you look. Are you in service or sales?

Going way back (sorry, was sidetracked), I agree that the those roads are really outdated. The two service roads can get really dangerous since there are no light posts until it gets near the i95. I remember when I hadn't bought my TSX yet and driving my hoopdie, with hi-beams on I could barely see. I was looking over the dash as if i were sitting on a phone book.

Just recently (around 2 weeks ago) on my way up north to NY, as I were getting on the US-1 entrance ramp their was a corpse lying there on the grass as if he/she were dead. Couldn't see much as I were driving and it was also night. The body was surrounded by Philly cops and dozens of Philly police cars. I think thats borderline Bucks county and Philly. Did you hear anything on the news?

Drew and other members, I apologize for my posts that didn't pertain to the thread and thank you moderators for keeping it civil and responding to my bad post request.
Old 02-20-2008, 11:53 AM
5th Gear

Had a similar experience in my 330ci. An idiot literally STOPPED on the highway to let somebody on from the service road (WTF!??). The 330's brakes are the best I've ever had on a car and saved me from hitting the car in front. My wife behind me smashed into me though! The 330 held up well ($1400 in repairs), the Xterra was nearly totaled with like $8,000 in repairs. We ditched the Xterra after that. Granted, the Xterra had front end damage. But, we lost confidence in the Xterra's ability to do well in a crash.
Old 02-20-2008, 12:03 PM
Detail Cars in Philly in

I'll probably stop by Davis Acura once the 09 TSX and RL roll out. I guess I'll look out for you, maybe set your alarm off since I don't actually know how you look. Are you in service or sales?

Going way back (sorry, was sidetracked), I agree that the those roads are really outdated. The two service roads can get really dangerous since there are no light posts until it gets near the i95. I remember when I hadn't bought my TSX yet and driving my hoopdie, with hi-beams on I could barely see. I was looking over the dash as if i were sitting on a phone book.

Just recently (around 2 weeks ago) on my way up north to NY, as I were getting on the US-1 entrance ramp their was a corpse lying there on the grass as if he/she were dead. Couldn't see much as I were driving and it was also night. The body was surrounded by Philly cops and dozens of Philly police cars. I think thats borderline Bucks county and Philly. Did you hear anything on the news?

Drew and other members, I apologize for my posts that didn't pertain to the thread and thank you moderators for keeping it civil and responding to my bad post request.
haha i work in the back in the detail shop..i dont remember hearing anything about that body, but in philly you hear about a bunch a bodies being found everyday so i may have lol
Old 02-20-2008, 12:42 PM
RGSTRD TL & TSX Offdr

but in philly you hear about a bunch a bodies being found everyday so i may have lol
Sad but true!
Old 02-20-2008, 02:02 PM
Instructor

Hope your body/service is better than your sales, I was just there not even 2 weeks ago. They gave me a good price, but insisted on adding on the $300 "protection package" which I didn't want. They would not budge on it, so I took my buisness to Montgomeryville Acura and they sold me one for the deal I got from Davis, and didn't make me get any required package.

Anyone buying there, be warned that any car you buy off the lot, tack $300 on for mandatory trunk liner,flaps,and wheel locks.

I might give Davis a shot for service sometime, as I know service and sales can be two totally seperate experiences.
Old 02-20-2008, 02:46 PM
Detail Cars in Philly in

Originally Posted by ak3883
Hope your body/service is better than your sales, I was just there not even 2 weeks ago. They gave me a good price, but insisted on adding on the $300 "protection package" which I didn't want. They would not budge on it, so I took my buisness to Montgomeryville Acura and they sold me one for the deal I got from Davis, and didn't make me get any required package.

Anyone buying there, be warned that any car you buy off the lot, tack $300 on for mandatory trunk liner,flaps,and wheel locks.

I might give Davis a shot for service sometime, as I know service and sales can be two totally seperate experiences.
yeah i know what you're talking about.. for some reason they just started putting the protection packages on all new cars that come in.. I think they get some kind of kickback if they sell alot of accessories so they try to make you buy that "package" when you buy the car.
As far as the service goes, its pretty good in my opinion. all of the techs are real cool and i've never seen them effing around with customers cars. Ask for the service advisor Mike, hes like 28 and hes the man!
Old 02-22-2008, 10:49 PM
Racer

this happened to me about twice now............where I had to break hard and shit. =/
Old 02-24-2008, 03:11 PM
Let me help you!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
My TSX's brakes suck...I have to step on it harder than in my accord to get it to stop (ever since I got the car). Maybe I was too easy on the brakes during the brake-in period for them to set properly? But when I do slam hard on the brake, they do slow the car down really fast.

I'm waiting until I wear out my OEM stuff (tires and pads) before replacing them with aftermarket.
Old 02-24-2008, 04:38 PM
Instructor

I like most do not really like my tsx brakes, but man did they work wonders for me today.

I was driving down a small residential street going the speed limit when some jerkoff decides that stop signs are not for him. If i don't stomp on my brakes, the guy would have taken me out. The guy didn't even stop, I do no think he even noticed that i had the right of way.

Too bad I am not a dictator because i would ordered him shot.
Old 02-24-2008, 05:16 PM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Few hours after picking up my TSX we were on our way back home when things slowed down on the highway (to about 55ish). Then suddenly everybody *stopped* (was a stupid rubbernecker ahead a bit...) I slammed on my brakes and, as there was nothing else I could do, was staring into the rear view mirror hoping the car behind me would be stopping! They did-- and while we were sitting there I almost got out to hug them!