TSX 04 Broken Into Without Forced Entry Twice!!! Help?

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2005, 11:40 AM
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TSX 04 Broken Into Without Forced Entry Twice!!! Help?

OK So my Acura TSX 04 Navi has been broken into twice. The first time I chalked it up to me not locking the doors... But last night I KNOW I locked my doors and the same thing happened...

Since the GloveBox and trunk were locked the second time and not openned last nigth it does not appear that they have a copy of my key otherwise they would have unlocked those.

The only two things I can think of are someone snagged my RF Frequency so I went to my neighborhood Honda Dealer in Sunnyvale, CA and he showed me how to change my remote control RF code on both my remotes.

The only other thing I can think of since is they are slimjimming the car or the lock unlock on the passenger door is pretty close to the window so they could be wire hangering in but that should set off the alarm...

Anyone have similar experiences or Ideas?
Old 07-27-2005, 11:51 AM
ABP TSX

Hmm, this is interesting news. I am glad that I have a private garage at night along with an AR-15
Old 07-27-2005, 11:51 AM
dom
Senior Moderator

Received 801 Likes on 662 Posts
Hmmm....
Old 07-27-2005, 11:58 AM
Guinea Pig

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Are you arming the oem alarm? If they unlock it withuot the key it should go off. Since we have the little door lock post on the inside of the door it's easy to use a plastic packaging tie (the plastic thing that wraps around a card board box) to reach it and unlock the doors like that. You have to arm your alarm!
Old 07-27-2005, 12:01 PM
Rep'n Taxbrain.com

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Wow...sorry to hear that man. A Slim Jim is the only thing I can think of. Someone who has a lot of experience with it, would be able to probably pop the lock fairly quickly. Take a look at your weather stripping on the outside. Does it seem like anything has been pryed?
Looks for small bends in the trim.

If all else fails you might want to invest in an alarm. An aftermarket alarm with a battery back and Piezo siren is a very good setup. That's what I run in my TSX.
Old 07-27-2005, 12:01 PM
6th Gear

How do you 'Arm' the alarm don't you just press the Lock Button on Remote?
Old 07-27-2005, 12:02 PM
VP Electricity

Received 8 Likes on 1 Post
No, locking the doors by pressing Lock once will arm the alarm after 15 or 30 seconds. I just tested this again. All you get with double lock is the chirp. Alarm goes off immediately on manual unlock.

How is he telling you to change the RF codes?
Old 07-27-2005, 12:12 PM
6th Gear

So you can change the RF codes by following this procedue, Someone please verify as I may have missed a step it was early in AM:

1) Get in the car and lock all the doors
2) Insert the Key in the ignition
3) Turn key to On Postion
4) Push Lock Button on Remote
5) Turn the Key Back to Off Position
6) Repeat Steps 3-5 Three more times for a total of 4 Times
7) You will hear the doors click
8) Press the Button on the second remote

Both Remotes should now have new RF codes...
Old 07-27-2005, 12:17 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by elduderino
No, locking the doors by pressing Lock once will arm the alarm after 15 or 30 seconds. I just tested this again. All you get with double lock is the chirp. Alarm goes off immediately on manual unlock.

So are you trying to assume the thief breaks in within 30 secs of locking the door? Very Unlikely! I think it is more likely someone looked up the VIN on the Acura Net and had a buddy (dirt ball) make a key at an area dealership.
Old 07-27-2005, 12:18 PM
Rep'n Taxbrain.com

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Another option is to get one of these

http://www.big-boys.com/articles/trunkmonkey.html
Old 07-27-2005, 12:21 PM
VP Electricity

Either that, or you're NOT changing the remote codes at all! You are re-programming in the exact same remote code!

What you would need to do is erase all RF remote codes and program in only some new TX code if you want to foil a "code-grabber". If your KE has been "code-grabbed", you have to erase that code out of there.

I would consider an aftermarket alarm.
Old 07-27-2005, 12:36 PM
Team Owner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
If the glovebox and trunk were not opened perhaps someone got a hold of your valet key and made a copy.
Old 07-27-2005, 12:43 PM
i want my nuku nuku futon

so what exactly did they steal? lol.....so they broke into it and just left it? haha
Old 07-27-2005, 12:44 PM
tsxy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by elduderino

I am a little confused here now. I know if you hit the lock on the FOB once it just locks the doors, hit it twice "chirp" noise. Does once not really set an alarm to go off? does twice make an alarm go off if someone were to unlock it?

are u saying to manually push down the lock in the car and then shut the door?

I know I have done this, I go in my car and manually push down the locks without starting the car. I go to get out of the car and the alarm goes off. Done that a few times, feel like a nerd. lol Is this the only way to get the alarm to be set correctly if the locks are raised by a thief?
Old 07-27-2005, 12:52 PM
Advanced

I was locked-out of my car once and the locksmith got in after a few seconds by
using some-type of wedge to pry the door wide enough to unlock the door.
no scratches or anything. the OEM alarm went off though.
Old 07-27-2005, 01:11 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by jlukja
If the glovebox and trunk were not opened perhaps someone got a hold of your valet key and made a copy.
That's what I'm thinking. Because the alarm will go off if the door is opened without the key or the remote. So unless the alarm or horn is busted, slim-jim or manually pulling the door post will set it off.
Old 07-27-2005, 01:15 PM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by stphy32
I am a little confused here now. I know if you hit the lock on the FOB once it just locks the doors, hit it twice "chirp" noise. Does once not really set an alarm to go off? does twice make an alarm go off if someone were to unlock it?

are u saying to manually push down the lock in the car and then shut the door?

I know I have done this, I go in my car and manually push down the locks without starting the car. I go to get out of the car and the alarm goes off. Done that a few times, feel like a nerd. lol Is this the only way to get the alarm to be set correctly if the locks are raised by a thief?
Stphy32,
If you use the FOB to lock your car, one push of the "lock" button will lock the doors and the alarm will arm after 30seconds whereas two pushes will lock the doors and immediately arm the alarm and give you a confirmation chirp (05) or honk(04) telling you that the alarm is armed.
Old 07-27-2005, 01:20 PM
6MT & LSD

This is so strange - the exact same problem is being reported in the 3G TL section by a few members (some new, some old).

One member said that, if a "slim jim" is used, the alarm will not go off...

I'm sure the TSX and the TL use similar, if not the very same, alarm system (the general consensus in the 3G section is that the stock alarm system is worthless).

Is it possible that the thieves found a way to easily break into Acuras? F'ing hope not.
Old 07-27-2005, 01:26 PM
VP Electricity

If manually lifting the lock plunger sets off the OEM alarm, then so does a slim jim. It's a simple test.

Every OEM alarm made in the last 10 years that I know of has a position switch inside the lock actuator - when it changes position the alarm is triggered regardless of whether the door is opened or not.

It would have to suck really badly to not do that.
Old 07-27-2005, 01:28 PM
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by ndx2
This is so strange - the exact same problem is being reported in the 3G TL section by a few members (some new, some old).

I'm sure the TSX and the TL use similar, if not the very same, alarm system (the general consensus in the 3G section is that the stock alarm system is worthless).

Is it possible that the thieves found a way to easily break into Acuras? F'ing hope not.
i fukcing hope not too...
Old 07-27-2005, 01:38 PM
The extra b is for byobb

There has to be some other reasonable explanation here that doesn't involve somebody breaking into your car. Who would go through the trouble of breaking in and not stealing anything? Could a neighbor have had the same RF frequency or could there be some other type of RF interference?
Old 07-27-2005, 01:59 PM
Burning Brakes

I remember reading that thread. If I remember right the alarm is disarmed once they hit the unlock in the door. I am not that farmilar with the details, but they were saying that you can electronically unlock the door with a slim jim on the TL which then disables the alarm. More than one person had the problem of having their car broken into without any sign of forced entry. Possibly we have the same design flaw.
Old 07-27-2005, 02:04 PM
VP Electricity

OK, just sat in car for 30 seconds and then unlocked using the interior unlock switch. Alarm triggered immediately.
Old 07-27-2005, 02:10 PM
Safety Car

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
Is our TSX becoming #1 car to get jacked from those ???
Suddenly I see quite many threads about TSX getting jacked.
I should start parking inside the garage because I have a feeling that mine is spotted to be stolen pretty soon too. Some strange tow truck gazing in front of my car 3 in the morning.
Old 07-27-2005, 02:21 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by minkl81
Is our TSX becoming #1 car to get jacked from those ???
Suddenly I see quite many threads about TSX getting jacked.
I should start parking inside the garage because I have a feeling that mine is spotted to be stolen pretty soon too. Some strange tow truck gazing in front of my car 3 in the morning.

chill now
Old 07-27-2005, 02:22 PM
Guinea Pig

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Yesterday my windows were down and after I shut the door, at some point the alarm activated. I reached in and unocked the door by pulling up the little door nub dealy and the alarm went off. I never armed the alarm or anything. So I am trying tofigure out why your alarm isn't going off.

BTW----What did they steal? Anything? How do you know it got broken in to?
Old 07-27-2005, 02:29 PM
Hondaholic

Originally Posted by CJams
Yesterday my windows were down and after I shut the door, at some point the alarm activated. I reached in and unocked the door by pulling up the little door nub dealy and the alarm went off. I never armed the alarm or anything. So I am trying tofigure out why your alarm isn't going off.

One thing the car will do is lock the doors automatically after 30 seconds or so (and arm the alarm) if you hit the UNLOCK button, for example to auto roll down your windows, assuming you don't open the door.
Old 07-27-2005, 02:53 PM
tsxy

ok what the hell is a SLIM JIM!!!

LOL
Old 07-27-2005, 02:56 PM
tsxy

Originally Posted by CJams

um the doors dont lock automatically
Old 07-27-2005, 02:58 PM
tsxy

ok my cars doors do not automatically. Yours do lanny? I have sat there and waited and mine never do.

(this is assuming: get out of the car, dont touch anything on fob and the locks will lock automatically after 30 seconds? Not my car. Doesnt do it)

Also- side note: I wish our car would open if you tried to open the door (maybe even twice pull like bmw's) but you actually have to hit unlock
Old 07-27-2005, 02:59 PM
Instructor

tow trucks driving down the road at 3 am are most likely repossesing cars that people havent mad payments on
Old 07-27-2005, 03:02 PM
Advanced

maybe your going nuts and didnt lock the car again. Maybe a famil member went through your car. maybe your a heavy sleeper and slept through your alarm going off. Maybe you need a 2-Way alarm???? Anything stolen? Make a police report. have your alarm checked out by Acura
Old 07-27-2005, 03:06 PM
6th Gear

Can you post the link to the TL thread... As for what was stolen... 1st time 40GB iPod, TuneDock, Cables, Stun Gun... So now not only is some A-Hole running around Rockin out on my iPod breaking into cars he's stunning people too Sorry Society!!

Last night all my change I have built up over the last two weeks and a pair of 10 dollar sunglasses.. The Trunk and GloveBox are now always locked.....
Old 07-27-2005, 03:07 PM
6th Gear

ok my cars doors do not automatically. Yours do lanny? I have sat there and waited and mine never do.

(this is assuming: get out of the car, dont touch anything on fob and the locks will lock automatically after 30 seconds? Not my car. Doesnt do it)

Also- side note: I wish our car would open if you tried to open the door (maybe even twice pull like bmw's) but you actually have to hit unlock
Actually if you use the Remote to unlock the doors but do not actually open the doors they should lock themselves again...
Old 07-27-2005, 03:10 PM
Advanced

lol they stole change. you sure its not little kids?

Sorry about being cold before. just cant figure out why it gets broken into. definetly recommend a 2-way alarm. my car got ran over and they left. Im buying 2-way alarm for that reason. So I know if somethings not right with my car
Old 07-27-2005, 03:13 PM
Banned

LOL

skinny penis
Old 07-27-2005, 03:28 PM
Safety Car

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by matelot
chill now
yea yea lets see how cool you be when yours get jacked..
Old 07-27-2005, 03:30 PM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by matelot
skinny penis

If he can fit his "slim jim" through the window slot then I feel sorry for him.
Old 07-27-2005, 03:32 PM
tsxy

thanks Matelot

now, for real. Is this some sort of tool, like a hanger or something.

Forget it, I will just google it LOL
Old 07-27-2005, 03:32 PM
My Garage

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

LOL
[IMG][/IMG]

Quick Reply: TSX 04 Broken Into Without Forced Entry Twice!!! Help?