Street racing is bad?

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2007, 02:52 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Street racing is bad?

So far everything I've read about street racing here is someone saying "you're dangering the peoples lives around you."

So I'm just curious. lol

I mean, that's the only racing I do.
Old 12-29-2007, 02:56 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 209 Likes on 188 Posts
i saw the title and i was like "uhh..duh"

your 17, i know how you think. its bad and yes it does endanger other people's lives and your own. i always hear how drunk drivers or speeders hit and kill innocent drivers but the drunk drivers or speeders themselves are fine. that pisses me off cause it should be the other way around.

take your racing to the track
Old 12-29-2007, 02:59 PM
Team Owner

Received 105 Likes on 69 Posts

Put your flamesuit on buddy.

You're not only endangering your own life, but others as well. Street racing is stupid, and against the law. I've lost too many friends that way. Before being an idiot, think about the consequences. Either getting your license/car taken away along with a hefty fine, or death. You choose buddy.

Ridiculous.
Old 12-29-2007, 03:00 PM
Cruisin'

You need to come drive in Miami one day.

We have been classified the rudest drivers in the US like 5 years in a row?

You can't help but fend for yourself.
Old 12-29-2007, 03:01 PM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by EuRTSX

Put your flamesuit on buddy.

You're not only endangering your own life, but others as well. Street racing is stupid, and against the law. I've lost too many friends that way. Before being an idiot, think about the consequences. Either getting your license/car taken away along with a hefty fine, or death. You choose buddy.

Ridiculous.
Don't get me wrong, I know its stupid and VERY dangerous.

But it's also a rush.

You can't get the same feeling from driving on a track.
Old 12-29-2007, 03:02 PM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by iROK
You need to come drive in Miami one day.

We have been classified the rudest drivers in the US like 5 years in a row?

You can't help but fend for yourself.
Would you like to be praised for being one of the rudest drivers? So, just because someone's driving like a jackass, that's an excuse for you to do that as well? Trust me buddy. That's no excuse to street race. At all.
Old 12-29-2007, 03:03 PM
Team Owner

Don't get me wrong, I know its stupid and VERY dangerous.

But it's also a rush.

You can't get the same feeling from driving on a track.
You can tell me how your rush is after you slam into another car.

And yes, you can get the same rush from the track. If the "rush" you speak of is the "rush" of doing something completely illegal, then good for you.
Old 12-29-2007, 03:05 PM
Team Owner

And this thread should be closed. It's not relevant to any TSX discussion. Take the thread to Ramblings.
Old 12-29-2007, 03:07 PM
Cruisin'

You can tell me how your rush is after you slam into another car.

And yes, you can get the same rush from the track. If the "rush" you speak of is the "rush" of doing something completely illegal, then good for you.
My last car got slammed into twice.

First time by a sober guy while I was at a red light, 2nd time was by a lady who decided to take a red.

I haven't slammed into anyone racing though.

Old 12-29-2007, 03:09 PM
Team Owner

My last car got slammed into twice.

First time by a sober guy while I was at a red light, 2nd time was by a lady who decided to take a red.

I haven't slammed into anyone racing though.

Good for you, but you're just writing yourself a death note.
Old 12-29-2007, 03:11 PM
Cruisin'

Good for you, but you're just writing yourself a death note.
People crash on tracks as well don't they?

People lose control and slam into the other cars right?

I was just wondering people thoughts on street racing

So thanks for your
Old 12-29-2007, 03:21 PM
iWhine S/C 6MT TL

Received 2,563 Likes on 1,317 Posts
I am more than sure your parents are thrilled to know that their hard working money is going into a shit kid like yourself. Its easy to be on your end and get the world and getting the world for a 17 year old which doesn't know his ass from his head is just another walk in the park. I don't see why you would take a stock slow tsx which I know yeah at age 17 "Its the fastest shit in the world" and street race. Then come here to a public forum to ask why is everyone against it. Its only against yourself when you killed someone or another dipshit like yourself kills someone in your family. Then it becomes a problem right?

Have you been to the track? If you haven't then why are you talking out of your ass saying you won't get the same rush? At your age I would be more concern about getting on your 2 feet and trying to become someone because mommy and daddy aren't always going to hold your hand in life, but I am glad your priority is set for street racing. No your not god and yes you will kill someone and yourself all because you wanted to think you were hot shit in a 20 second TSX.

/close thread. Let this kid find out on his own.
Old 12-29-2007, 03:26 PM
Registered Schmegistered

Received 53 Likes on 33 Posts
It's illegal. Period.
Yes people crash at legal racing events as well, but there are emergency personnel on site that will be at your side within seconds. That and you're required to sear safety equipment when racing at a track. Do you wear that when street racing???

/thread already.
Old 12-29-2007, 03:28 PM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by 04WDPSeDaN
I am more than sure your parents are thrilled to know that their hard working money is going into a shit kid like yourself. Its easy to be on your end and get the world and getting the world for a 17 year old which doesn't know his ass from his head is just another walk in the park. I don't see why you would take a stock slow tsx which I know yeah at age 17 "Its the fastest shit in the world" and street race. Then come here to a public forum to ask why is everyone against it. Its only against yourself when you killed someone or another dipshit like yourself kills someone in your family. Then it becomes a problem right?

Have you been to the track? If you haven't then why are you talking out of your ass saying you won't get the same rush? At your age I would be more concern about getting on your 2 feet and trying to become someone because mommy and daddy aren't always going to hold your hand in life, but I am glad your priority is set for street racing. No your not god and yes you will kill someone and yourself all because you wanted to think you were hot shit in a 20 seconda TSX.

/close thread. Let this kid find out on his own.
Alright guy, I've driven cars way faster than a TSX, that's not the point.

& yes, The track is fun with friends, but still, isn't the same rush.

Me being 17 has nothing to do with the fact that i street race, its pretty big in my city so it's kinda hard not to get in to.

But I'm sure a hotshot "dipshit" like you knows all about how I graduated from school a year early and worked my ass off to buy this car.

but you're so true, I'm a no one and my mommy holds my hand.

Close this thread
Old 12-29-2007, 03:35 PM
Team Owner

You graduated from school a year early, and you're still an idiot.

Wow. The new generation sure is bright.
Old 12-29-2007, 03:38 PM
Cruisin'

Of courseee.
Old 12-29-2007, 03:48 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

My hope is that you only take yourself out if you get into an accident. Innocent people shouldn't die because of your decision to be an arrogant asshole.
Old 12-29-2007, 03:50 PM
iWhine S/C 6MT TL

Received 2,563 Likes on 1,317 Posts
Irok I highly fucken doubt my man that you bought your car by yourself in between flippin burgers and going to H.S.

You still managed to come out the same way you started in school. Again ignorance is bliss on your part and I assume your a dispenser of all knowledge at your age you know everything.

So why are we having this petty thread going on if you think nothing is going to happen to you. BTW where do you currently live? At home correct? so who still cleans your ass every morning your mother or your father? I know your such a hustla that you have your own home and pay your own bills just because you somehow managed to graduate highschool.

If you claim to be as smart as you are and the way ignorance falls in your hands only means you live at home with your parents the fastest thing you been on is a mountain bike the TSX is your mothers car and for your present of graduating early from school your father had the sex talk with you.. Enough already street racing isnt going to make your peanuts any bigger.
Old 12-29-2007, 03:53 PM
Race Director

Old 12-29-2007, 03:59 PM
ASM 3G TL Type-S

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
So Irok besides it being a sudden “rush”, what are your other reasons for justifying street racing? why do you think it’s not bad?
Old 12-29-2007, 04:03 PM
T.DoT P.I.M.P. lol

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Alright guy, I've driven cars way faster than a TSX, that's not the point.

& yes, The track is fun with friends, but still, isn't the same rush.

Me being 17 has nothing to do with the fact that i street race, its pretty big in my city so it's kinda hard not to get in to.

But I'm sure a hotshot "dipshit" like you knows all about how I graduated from school a year early and worked my ass off to buy this car.

but you're so true, I'm a no one and my mommy holds my hand.

Close this thread
It was funny how you posted statement above, it doesn't matter if you are mommy boys or you bought the car yourself like everyone does, because you are still 1 IMMATURE Teen.

Feel no offense, I also have the same thought when I was 17, but time (ages) change. All of your statement are LACK of responsibility. I don't care if you crashed other vehicle or if they crashed to yours, that's just a small sum. Have you thought about if you accidentally hit a guy that is unavoidable, let say he's slow, he's stupid, and he deserves to get hit. Well, you would totally aviod it when you drive slower, or produce less damage.

Insurance does cover LIABILIBITIES but they do NOT cover causes like this from Dangerous Operation on Vehicle. Lawsuit and claims are usually $300K-$2M depends on "WHO" (What kind of a person/employment possibilites) you hit. So good luck, I do not want to deny your claims when shit happens, well, I don't work in the States anyways so no worry...
Old 12-29-2007, 04:16 PM
Cruisin'

I was just in the mood to get people rilled up..
No need to take anything to the heart.

I'll send you guys the videos of me at the track, but don't take this seriously, I speed on the highway scarcely, and I just maxed out my car.

Street racing IS bad, and is Very dangerous, we all know this.

I just wanted to see what you guys would throw out in an argument besides it being dangerous.
Old 12-29-2007, 04:54 PM
Is waiting in

Old 12-29-2007, 04:54 PM
Registered TL Owner

Received 95 Likes on 62 Posts
haha wow this thread is interesting...
Street racing is bad and VERY dangerous.
and the TSX is slow.

I think you succeeded in getting people rilled up there bud = )
Old 12-29-2007, 05:17 PM
Burning Brakes

Poor kid lol. You can get the same rush just flooring it on a high way ramp lol
Old 12-29-2007, 05:20 PM
Racer

We were all 17 once and many of us, including me, felt that "invincibility."

What we say won't change this kids mind, but someday in the near future, he'll realize how dumb it was. I hope you make it to that point in time and don't endanger anyone around you.
Old 12-29-2007, 05:44 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Guy i know is doing 10 years for hitting and killing a pregnant woman crossing the road at the top of a hill .

http://www.cincinnatistreetracing.co...showtopic=3836

Another no longer has the use of his legs

another local guy didnt make it.

think twice !
Old 12-29-2007, 05:46 PM
SOLD

Hey now there is good reason to flame here but don't hate or jump to too many conclusions without the facts...

How do people know he didn't pay for his own car?
I graduated HS at 17, started working full time making 7.50/hr (lol) and bought a Benz (1997 C280) put I/E, big chromes, tints, hid's, etc. Yes I was still living with my parents BTW, but most people are at 17.
That car was as no faster than a TSX, yet I raced it sometimes. Thing was, as far as literally "racing" goes, I never did it around other cars except the one I was racing. I did want to put other people lives in danger because of my decisions. Although unsafe regardless, at least there was accountability taken for actions. People assume that because the OP is young. he is automatically unintelligent. Half the time this is a valid assumption, but not all the time. Young people just tend to have less experience and wisdom to balance their decision making. One of my friend's mothers was killed by a drunk driver, so the lesson is to be responsible for yourself and everything you do whether it's driving or anything else. While driving you are creating a trust between yourself and other drivers that they will handle their business and you will handle yours. Sometimes even though people are told things they don't really understand until it relates to them.

Many people on this forum do not condone street racing, yet have engaged in some form of it themselves. I see people race and full throttle it on the highway every time I am on it. Yes it is bad breaking the speed limit or full throttle accelerating, but all of us do it at least on occasion.

BTW my grandparents used to live in a suburb of Miami (Homestead) and people do drive like fuckfaces down there...
Old 12-29-2007, 06:33 PM
Racer

Just don't do it man, it's not worth it. I know how you feel.
Old 12-29-2007, 07:58 PM
Banned

Hey, the 17 y/o already said he was lying and I believe him because he's to cowardly to actualy street race. I have it on good authority that he still breast feeds. Please close this incredibly sad thread.
Old 12-29-2007, 08:31 PM
Pro

Another point beside that street racing can kill you and others is YOU HAVE THE WRONG CAR TO RACE this is the reason why parents by there kids tsxs. You will soon learn get smoked by 85% of the cars on the road depending on where you live. My parents volvo station wagon is faster then our cars. I think its sad that people try to race their stock or almost stock tsxs.

O my friend got a real cool 99 m3 as his first car can anyone take a guess where that car is now?
Old 12-29-2007, 10:04 PM
TSX MFG Date Sep 2006

Miami

Well, I'm currently in Miami on vacation and let me tell you, I'm sure glad I didn't drive my PWP down here from Tennessee! Damn cars are driving like there's no tomorrow.

I saw three cars blew by me on a 55mph zone doing at least 100. I was doing 70 and I felt like I was in slow mo. I saw a cop in front of me, braked to slow down, and the three cars blew by me and the good for nothing marked cop did nothing, going at 60. What gives with the Miami police? Apparently they probably catch hard working folks going 65? What?

On a side note, if you ever rent a car, ask for the Toyota Prius... man, this baby is saving me tons of gas as I was driving to Key West and back to Miami, then to Sawgrass Mill Mall, Miami Beach, Coconut Grove and I only spent $25 on gas. Great car for a rental as you save alot of $$ if you plan to drive alot!
Old 12-29-2007, 10:08 PM
Old Man Yelling at Clouds

Received 7,362 Likes on 3,906 Posts
I just wanted to see what you guys would throw out in an argument besides it being dangerous.
It's more than just dangerous. It's more than risking the health and property of others for your own rush. The interesting thing about being 17 is that you think nothing can harm you and bad things always happen to the other guy. What makes it dangerous is you have not acquired the wisdom yet to a) understand how wrong you are and b) do something about it. Now don't take it personally, 99.9% of all 17 year old men fall into this category. And I sure wasn't the .01% either.

But I will say this - Although l did not street race (a 77 Chevy Impala station wagon affords little driving "rush"), I did plenty of stupid things in it. I can think of at least 4 times where mere inches seperated me from the kind of tragedy that would have prevented the life I have now. I'm not trying to be over-dramatic about it - I had those kind of close calls. I didn't realize how close until years later. I got a full-ride scholarship to college, got a good education, excellent job, and a wonderful family. One of those 4 near-misses go the other way and I'm in jail. No scholarship, no job, and I dare say the kind of life that would be a shadow of the one I have now.

That's why street racing is a bad idea. You have no idea what it is you're actually risking.
Old 12-29-2007, 10:15 PM
I Quit

Received 54 Likes on 49 Posts
I was 17 once with my license suspended twice, and my insurance was 3K a year and lucky for me my parents paid it for me. It took 5 years of legit driving to get those tickets off my record. Within 5 years you'll want a new car, a faster car, and your insurance agent will tell you if you buy it they'll cancel you. So you'll have a select few slow cars to choose from to keep your insurance the same.

So you do end up paying for it in the end, regardless of whether or not you lose your life or take someone elses, if that happens then you just up the anty for how long you'll be paying for it. Eventually mom and dad will cut you off the insurance payments and you'll have to pay yourself and then you'll be really hurting. See that's the point it all comes back around.

Also, it doesn't matter if the TSX is fast, most of the kids around here who partake in street races drive old civics with 1.6L engines and a rice can on the back. So lets face it, none of the cars in the "scene" are fast by any means when compared to cars that were made for racing. At some point all that testosterone will wear off and you'll be like the rest of us who get our "rush" off of doing something new to our cars. Getting your hands dirty under the hood will be the rush, a new sound, a lower stance, maybe some new lights will be the rush.

I understand at your age that all sounds pointless and boring. But take two seconds of your fast paced fast and furious teen lifestyle and think how mad will your parents be when your car is impounded, how mad will they be when your insurance bill cancels out family vacation, and worse how devistated they'll be when they get a call from the hospital saying you were involved in a high speed accident.

How will you feel when your legs don't work anymore and you can't drive that car? You're girlfriends drops you cause you're crippled. Your friends walk on you because you can't do anything. Think of how another family possibly your best friends family feels when their child is dead. Is that the burden you want to live with?

There are so many reasons why street racing is foolish or why it's illegal. But I know when I look in the eyes of my 1 year old son full of love that I am glad I am on this earth, I am glad I don't endanger my life, and I have a purpose. Someday you'll have that and the last thing you'll want to hear is a phone call telling you your kid is in the hospital.

I know you think now I'll never have a kid it's a long way off, but someday you will and then you'll get it.
Old 12-29-2007, 10:29 PM
Instructor

I'm sure the kid's just ignoring this thread by now.

I went to a prep school in Michigan, my first car was an '01 IS300 and my friends all drove other pretty expensive cars. One kid had a 3G Eclipse GT with over $20,000 in modifications to it — a fully built engine, direct port nitrous, etc. — and all of the kids that had these cars, save myself, for some reason thought it was a bad ass idea to act like every day was a scene from The Fast and the Furious.

Since then, every single one of those cars has been destroyed and/or the drivers of those cars have had their licences suspended. My parent-supplied IS300 ended its lease in my sophomore year of college and I saved up a ton of money and bought myself a used 3-series, then had a Scion after it broke down repeatedly (and broke me.) Now, out of college, I bought myself my TSX. I've only autocrossed. Every time I see some kid (or hell, some guy that thinks he's flashy in his random exotica) race down the 101 or 280, I just shrug and stay well behind them.

I've been on ATVs, go-karts, and dirt bikes since I was seven. Growing up, I hit enough trees and hurt myself at 20-25mph on those things to learn that being reckless at 110 is absolutely lethal regardless of the safety technology that your oh-so-technological Honda has. Unfortunately, most people don't learn that lesson until their arrogance is thrown out of their fractured skull along with the rest of their grey matter. When it happens, I have absolutely no sympathy for such absolute ignorance. Let Darwinism run its course and hope the collateral damage is minimal.
Old 12-29-2007, 10:33 PM
Banned

WOW they are really getting at this person. HOLLA Lol
Old 12-29-2007, 10:33 PM
Banned

Well I only go fast when its in the highway.
Old 12-29-2007, 11:31 PM
CGP Ebony

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Why not go autocrossing or to the track? They usually have events where there are tons of vendors, sponsors, and hot import models too!

Plus they give you timeslips if you auto-x.

Its safe, there are hot chicks, what can beat that? Unless you are not into hot chicks :ghey:

This already passed BTW
Old 12-30-2007, 02:18 AM
Burning Brakes

that hood on the g35 has GOT to go lol
Old 12-30-2007, 03:55 AM
Racer

hahaha that was what I was thinking too.

Quick Reply: Street racing is bad?