Still happy with my 04 TSX

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2005 | 08:51 AM
dɐɹɔ ǝɥʇ ʇɐɥʍ

Still happy with my 04 TSX

I am approaching 20k miles rapidly and was planning on picking up a fun/weekend type car(in addition to the rest of my fleet), since I am still happy with my TSX I figured the S2k was the answer. I hadn't driven one in a long time, that was until yesterday. Well I will NOT be purchasing that car, unless you rev the crap out of it and drop the clutch it just doesn't feel fast from a stop, and when you launch that way it seems awfully hard on the car. Its too refined, I want something that is raw I guess. Driving rationally(ie not dumping the clutch at high RPM's, which you wouldn't do driving normally) it doesn't feel much faster then the TSX until you reach VTEC at 6k, but the power band is so narrow and high up its almost impractical for a lot of situations.

After the test drive(which was an enjoyable experience, the dealership was really great about everything) I got back into my TSX(6MT) and realized how much I liked the car. A lot about the two cars felt very similar, in fact if the car had heated seats and the hard top was still available I would probably get rid of the TSX and drive the S2000 year round. I drove an Elise the previous weekend and that is more of what I am looking for. So I guess I will save a bit more and get the Elise or possibly save a little more and get an Ariel Atom.

Other then a comptech RSB my car is bone stock, I am thinking of doing the Hondata reflash to hold me over till I can get a new fun car. Despite the fact the TSX is not a fast car, it is still fun to drive and with nearly 20k miles on it I am not bored with it(which is a first for me) and am pretty sure I made the right decision.
Old 08-07-2005 | 11:01 AM
TSX

Old 08-07-2005 | 01:06 PM
Instructor

Spend that s2k money on a comptech super charger
Old 08-07-2005 | 01:25 PM
Senior Moderator

Get the Hondata reflash, and match it up with a header and intake. You will be convinced it's a different car.
Old 08-07-2005 | 03:56 PM
My Garage

Originally Posted by Tireguy
I am approaching 20k miles rapidly and was planning on picking up a fun/weekend type car(in addition to the rest of my fleet), since I am still happy with my TSX I figured the S2k was the answer. I hadn't driven one in a long time, that was until yesterday. Well I will NOT be purchasing that car, unless you rev the crap out of it and drop the clutch it just doesn't feel fast from a stop, and when you launch that way it seems awfully hard on the car. Its too refined, I want something that is raw I guess. Driving rationally(ie not dumping the clutch at high RPM's, which you wouldn't do driving normally) it doesn't feel much faster then the TSX until you reach VTEC at 6k, but the power band is so narrow and high up its almost impractical for a lot of situations.

After the test drive(which was an enjoyable experience, the dealership was really great about everything) I got back into my TSX(6MT) and realized how much I liked the car. A lot about the two cars felt very similar, in fact if the car had heated seats and the hard top was still available I would probably get rid of the TSX and drive the S2000 year round. I drove an Elise the previous weekend and that is more of what I am looking for. So I guess I will save a bit more and get the Elise or possibly save a little more and get an Ariel Atom.

Other then a comptech RSB my car is bone stock, I am thinking of doing the Hondata reflash to hold me over till I can get a new fun car. Despite the fact the TSX is not a fast car, it is still fun to drive and with nearly 20k miles on it I am not bored with it(which is a first for me) and am pretty sure I made the right decision.
Old 08-07-2005 | 05:37 PM
Drifting

Yea... save the S2000 money, get a comptech supercharger, a tranny cooler, a reflash, headers, exhaust, intake, and RSB and you will be in good shape with plenty of $$ left to spare.
Old 08-07-2005 | 08:25 PM
My Garage

Originally Posted by Alin10123
Yea... save the S2000 money, get a comptech supercharger, a tranny cooler, a reflash, headers, exhaust, intake, and RSB and you will be in good shape with plenty of $$ left to spare.
The reflash and supercharger should not be used together, in case you do decide to go this route
Old 08-07-2005 | 09:19 PM
Burning Brakes

^^^^just wondering
if he decide to get supercharge.....can he get it tuned?
Old 08-07-2005 | 09:24 PM
Driver/Detailer

Or.... get the Ariel Atom. I like that car.
Old 08-07-2005 | 09:45 PM
dɐɹɔ ǝɥʇ ʇɐɥʍ

Originally Posted by JTso
Get the Hondata reflash, and match it up with a header and intake. You will be convinced it's a different car.
I was thinking about doing a header as well, but this car is my daily driver and I do have to drive clients in it fairly often and having an intake buzzing would bother me and possibly them(which can't happen). If there was a way of doing a quiet intake I would do it, but unfortunately the two come as a pair - noise and power.
Old 08-07-2005 | 09:50 PM
dɐɹɔ ǝɥʇ ʇɐɥʍ

Originally Posted by aaronng
Or.... get the Ariel Atom. I like that car.

I like it a lot as well and I have not even driven one yet! Just because I like a really unrefined car I think that the Atom would be super, its about as unrefined as you can get in an almost street legal package. There would be an exclusivity with the Atom that is nearly unmatched, but I would also have to be VERY careful as to where and when I drove it - parking a car that has no body panels, doors or windows could prove to be troubling! Besides, anyone who saw an Atom on the road and knew what it was would be BLOWN away, I know I would be! And the other 99.9999999% of the people out there would compliment me on my neat kit car
Old 08-08-2005 | 01:00 AM
Driver/Detailer

Originally Posted by Tireguy
I like it a lot as well and I have not even driven one yet! Just because I like a really unrefined car I think that the Atom would be super, its about as unrefined as you can get in an almost street legal package. There would be an exclusivity with the Atom that is nearly unmatched, but I would also have to be VERY careful as to where and when I drove it - parking a car that has no body panels, doors or windows could prove to be troubling! Besides, anyone who saw an Atom on the road and knew what it was would be BLOWN away, I know I would be! And the other 99.9999999% of the people out there would compliment me on my neat kit car
Did you watch the Top Gear review of the Atom? Clarkson's face looked like Arnie in Total Recall where he was thrown out to the surface of Mars. The flab on his face was rippling from the wind, and they tested on the track vs a bike, and the Atom was faster!
Old 08-08-2005 | 01:18 AM
Drifting

Originally Posted by GIBSON6594
The reflash and supercharger should not be used together, in case you do decide to go this route
Eeer? Really? It doesnt' even compensate for it?
Bah...
Just get all of my above mentioned stuff minus the reflash.
Old 08-08-2005 | 04:57 PM
Punk Rocker

Originally Posted by aaronng
Did you watch the Top Gear review of the Atom? Clarkson's face looked like Arnie in Total Recall where he was thrown out to the surface of Mars. The flab on his face was rippling from the wind, and they tested on the track vs a bike, and the Atom was faster!
I saw that episode. The Atom is indeed fast, but the supposed "race" between the car and the bike was a bit of a wash if you ask me. You could tell that the biker was not really pushing (and who could blame him; racing a car with a bike at the same time must be a bit unnerving). The test certainly seemed biased against the bike.