So Long TSX'ers

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2007, 07:42 AM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So Long TSX'ers

This forum has been a HUGE help while I had my 2005 TSX. On a whim, I went and test drove an Infiniti G35...I couldn't pass it up! I traded my Acura in last night and walked away with a 2007 G35 W/Nav. Car is SWEET!, but I'll still miss my TSX.

Thanks for all the help!
Old 08-04-2007, 09:27 AM
Instructor

wow that's a nice ride u got. is it rwd or awd ? i got to drove one for couple days when my bro got a awd as a loaner. man !!! gotta love that high-revv VQ. power everywhere and felt endless. but with the gas price now, haha good luck ! the G eats up gas like water, especially if you have the 5AT.

anyway! enjoy ur new ride. make sure to come back and give us a decent review of the G ! and pix !!
Old 08-04-2007, 09:44 AM

nice - congrats!

fam member just got that too, it's a sweet ass ride.
Old 08-04-2007, 09:50 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 84 Likes on 79 Posts
congratz on the new ride ... imo its definitely a step up
Old 08-04-2007, 11:01 AM
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Damn, people change their cars quickly. Congrats on the new ride! If I was shopping now, I'd consider a G as well since its looks have improved, inside and out.

Should start a poll as to who will have their 1G TSX the longest and still be posting on this board. I think there's a good chance I'll be in the running.... 2012 and beyond, here I come!!
Old 08-04-2007, 11:18 AM
Team Owner

Received 105 Likes on 69 Posts
Grats, enjoy your new car.
Old 08-04-2007, 12:54 PM
Have camera, will travel

Congrats on your new car. Happy motoring.
Old 08-06-2007, 09:53 AM
Team Owner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Congrats on the new car. I'm going to keep mine for much longer.
Old 08-06-2007, 01:57 PM
Oh well it's

Originally Posted by VQPower37
congratz on the new ride ... imo its definitely a step up
Old 08-06-2007, 02:05 PM
it's a car-drive it

Received 262 Likes on 199 Posts
IMO I like the looks of my tsx alot more so I shall keep it-unless the new gen. tsx looks great but not when it first comes out.
Old 08-07-2007, 09:00 AM
Advanced

Thanks for the compliments! Yeah, when I drove it....I had to get it, it had a lot more options. I did consider the TL but the G35 fit me a little better...I'm 6' 3" and the Infiniti had more head room.

I tell you though, for the money, the TSX was a fun car!

I case anyone is interested (if you're thinking about trading it in)...I did trade my TSX in, since I didn't want to mess with selling it myself. I got $18,400 for it...what a rip off....but I did have a couple of door dings, my front bumper was scratched up and the windshield needed to be replaced (hate driving on the interstate). Now, I did beat up the sales guy over the price of the G35 before I mentioned my trade-in, so I'm sure they more than made up for it.....They were trying to get me to lease the Infiniti, I told them I was NOT leasing a car! They couldn't get through their thick heads and tried arguing about it with me....So I told them they're were not listening to me and I started to head out the door, then of course they finally stopped trying to get me to lease....geeeesh I hate that crap. I had already got financing through my bank...that's probably why they tried to get me to lease so hard, since they weren't going to get the financing end of it either. With the cosmetic issues of the car, the windshield, etc...I still think I could of got probably around 21K for it.

Oh, I got the new car for $35,535.....that's with the premium package and navigation plus wheel locks, tinted windows, and lo-jack....Everyone else I checked with on the next...wanted $36,000 to almost $38,000 without the tinted windows.
Old 08-07-2007, 09:30 AM
dom
Senior Moderator

Received 801 Likes on 662 Posts
Congrats! Thats a nice upgrade.

:ib04EuroAccordTsxisjealousandsayshe'sgettingaG35:
Old 08-07-2007, 09:54 AM
VSA Rocks

Originally Posted by fuzzynoise
They were trying to get me to lease the Infiniti, I told them I was NOT leasing a car! They couldn't get through their thick heads and tried arguing about it with me....So I told them they're were not listening to me and I started to head out the door, then of course they finally stopped trying to get me to lease....geeeesh I hate that crap. I had already got financing through my bank...that's probably why they tried to get me to lease so hard, since they weren't going to get the financing end of it either. With the cosmetic issues of the car, the windshield, etc...I still think I could of got probably around 21K for it.

Oh, I got the new car for $35,535.....that's with the premium package and navigation plus wheel locks, tinted windows, and lo-jack....Everyone else I checked with on the next...wanted $36,000 to almost $38,000 without the tinted windows.
It's crap like this that makes salespeople scum on most people's eyes. The sad part about it is the fact that many will give-in simply to end the confrontation.

As a salesperson myself, I've found this tactic to work well: The silent close. Simply tell them, 'no,' or shake your head then be quiet. Don't feel the need to refute their claims. For the amatuer salesperson, the silence will make them uncomfortable and the will either give a concession or they will back-off on their demand. In other words, the more they talk, the bigger the chance of them giving you something.

Of course, you used one of the other tactics: walk away. Of course, you could only do that one so many times.
Old 08-08-2007, 02:14 AM
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I went to the local Infiniti dealer, for a G35, before I bought my TSX earlier this year and they were as stubborn as they could be. I employed the silent treatment as well as the "thats not good enough" line that makes most car salesman work for it. The salesman, who was literally on his first day on the floor, went and grabbed a real mouth piece that kept pushing me to show my hand and settle for a price we all knew was several grand over what they could sell it for and still make a mini for the salesman. I told them they just screwed themselves out of a sale and I would buy something else that day. Well two hours later, I found my TSX. Told the salesman to cut off 2grand and give me me exactly what I expected on my trade in; signed paperwork(financed thru credit union ) and went home. The poor Infiniti salesman called the following week to see if I was still interested in the G35 I was looking at or, get this "something a little less expensive". I laughed at the guy and explained to him that I bought an Acura a couple hours later because the salesman knew when to cut a deal and also told him I would not purchase any future cars from that dealership. Poor guy sounded to defeated. I also emailed him pictures of my freshly detailed TSX and ask him to forward it to his sales manager and the mouth piece that cost this guy the sale.

I'm a salesman that negotiates deals literally everyday; you have to know when to stand tall and be a hero as well as know when to cut a deal to move on to the next sale and make it more profitable. People hate salesman that are not good at what they do (deal making); a good salesman makes even a reluctant buyer want to be sold to.
Old 08-08-2007, 05:09 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by 04-6mt-atx
a price we all knew was several grand over what they could sell it for and still make a mini for the salesman
How were you so certain about the invoice? If they call you a week later and ask if you're interested in something cheaper as aposed to telling you some new development allowed them to meet your offer then it seems to me they were probably being more truthful than stubborn. Plus if they had to get a second salesman on you and they still let you walk away then it seems unlikely they stood to make anything off of your asking price. Even they must realize something is better than nothing if they've been in business for more than five minutes.
Old 08-08-2007, 07:27 AM
Race Director

Originally Posted by dom
Congrats! Thats a nice upgrade.

:ib04EuroAccordTsxisjealousandsayshe'sgettingaG35:
i'm saving my money for now. i'm going to see how the EX35 looks like first too. also, never want to buy a first year model again. waiting for the 08 G35x.