AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community (https://acurazine.com/forums/)
-   1G TSX (2004-2008) (https://acurazine.com/forums/1g-tsx-2004-2008-124/)
-   -   So it's 2007, why can't a car company figure out how to intigrate an ipod? I did. (https://acurazine.com/forums/1g-tsx-2004-2008-124/so-its-2007-why-cant-car-company-figure-out-how-intigrate-ipod-i-did-674699/)

MeHoo 10-28-2007 07:50 PM

Thats what i gathered this mod was mainly there for.. ease of navigation. To me though, i can simply change the genre or artist on my ipod just as easily as i could via the navi screen and remote. Now if it were touchscreen on the navi.. or respond to voice commands, that i can see being a worthwhile mod.

DNvCross 10-30-2007 11:29 PM

When I was buying my car, the dealer said "this will hook up with your ipod" and I was admittedly a bit worried.

See, I hate apple, and itunes, and the ipod, and all that jazz. Consequently, I own an Archos MP3 player which interfaces beautifully with winamp (or just with windows explorer) and doesn't deal with all the DRM garbage. I was glad to see that I could in fact still hook it up to my TSX without needing a special headphone-to-ipod-jack connector.

White92 01-05-2008 06:51 PM

I'm trying to do this right now with my 08 navi TSX. I have the Zune though. There are 2 Zune docks available. Both I can power using a usb out into a cig. lighter power adapter, so I won't need to go into as much detail trying to power the dock. I'm using the same wiring harness from the nav unit to an RCA out from the dock. Then for sound, I'd use left and right RCA out from the dock that terminate into a male mini plug that I'd run right into the stock aux port.

I'm having trouble figuring out how to wire the rest of it up though. I think the only thing that's missing is the switch to go from nav to video out from my Zune. I'm not sure how to do this part. Can anyone chime in? Thanks in advance.

White92 01-06-2008 07:19 PM

Anyone? Basically, what I need to know is if the harness that we make to go out of the nav unit needs to be powered when I install the switch, or if the switch is there to simply go from nav to Zune display.

TommySalami 01-06-2008 09:49 PM

I'm doin this now too, got one more visit to Radio Shack before I got all those parts I need to do electrical stuff. The homedock is finished to load from the front.

White, the switch is there to change the display, or really to trick the car into thinking it's in reverse and to trigger what it thinks is the back up camera. You do need power goin to the harness in the DVD-ROM, from the switch powered by the cigar lighter. Kinda confusing huh?

White92 01-07-2008 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by TommySalami
I'm doin this now too, got one more visit to Radio Shack before I got all those parts I need to do electrical stuff. The homedock is finished to load from the front.

White, the switch is there to change the display, or really to trick the car into thinking it's in reverse and to trigger what it thinks is the back up camera. You do need power goin to the harness in the DVD-ROM, from the switch powered by the cigar lighter. Kinda confusing huh?

Actually, that's exactly what I need to know.

tsx 2 nv 02-01-2008 11:02 AM

is there anything out there that will allow me to see the screen (and hear the audio) on my iPod touch on my 2004 navigation screen? i prefer not to have a remote like this solution, i want to control the ipod from the touch.

White92 02-07-2008 11:32 AM

I finally got all of the parts together to do this. I installed everything last night. Took me maybe 2 hours. The hardest part for me was taking the trim piece off that covers the shifter and cupholders. My fingers are still raw from doing this. But I guess it shows how well the fit and finish is on the TSX. :thumbsup:

I put my switch in a different place. I put it in one of the "dummy" switch covers by the VSA and sunroof switches. I'm using a Zune and not an iPod so everything shows up on the nav screen exactly as it does on my Zune screen.

honduh chicken 07-15-2008 12:44 PM

I found a new "holder" to help modify the dock with! It's got a docking port built in, so no need to line it up so the ipod will plug in when you slide it in!

http://www.proclipusa.com/?sectionpa...p_leftorright=

I'm going to update the pdf right now with the link.

TommySalami 07-15-2008 02:29 PM

Wow dude, I've been meaning to ask you, how is the sound quality on this? Same as when you plug it in AUX? I've got everything I need to put it in now, just gotta install.

jumbosizeme79 07-15-2008 03:07 PM

where do you live? i would pay to get this installed, prob work for a TL right?

mars 05-17-2009 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by DNvCross (Post 9805001)
When I was buying my car, the dealer said "this will hook up with your ipod" and I was admittedly a bit worried.

See, I hate apple, and itunes, and the ipod, and all that jazz. Consequently, I own an Archos MP3 player which interfaces beautifully with winamp (or just with windows explorer) and doesn't deal with all the DRM garbage. I was glad to see that I could in fact still hook it up to my TSX without needing a special headphone-to-ipod-jack connector.

Hi, i have Archos MP3 Player and wondering whcih year TSX have you got..Is it 2006 and later ??

Thanks
mars

psteng19 05-24-2009 08:24 PM

Stupid question. How would I switch from a backup cam (uses the same homemade harness trick) and this?
Would I need a 3 way switch or something?

methodDK 05-27-2009 11:24 AM

I'm a little lost on this, could this work with a DVD player AND keep stock navi?