Silver or Carbon Gray?????

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2007, 11:29 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Silver or Carbon Gray?????

So.... After lurking around here for awhile i'm FINALLY ready to buy my first TSX. My dealer has a few 07 a/t nav's left, but i have to choose between carbon gray pearl/ebony or silver metallic/quartz. I really like the gray because it has a blueish tint, but i like the silver because of the quartz interior. I've never had a dark-interiored car; those of you that do, does it get really hot in the summer (or all year, depending on where you live)?
Those of you that have gray or silver, what do/don't you like about that color.....

just looking for some input!
Old 08-10-2007, 11:50 PM
Let me help you!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
I'm in southern california. I have a CGP/ebony, and yes, it does get very hot. However, I just tinted my car, and now it's pleasantly warm. If you plan to tint your car, you shouldn't have any problems. Are you only aiming for the quartz interior because you don't want ebony? CGP is also available with quartz.

The only thing I don't like about CGP is that it is the most popular color. I see my car everywhere every day. If I see any other color, I get so excited because it looks unique to me. Silver is a good car...my salesman was trying to get me to consider it (he owns a silver acura I believe), but I wanted a darker color so that it would be more reflective. At certain angles, my car looks like a mirror. Silver is good in that it hides dirt well.
Old 08-10-2007, 11:56 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by SoCaliTrojan
I'm in southern california. I have a CGP/ebony, and yes, it does get very hot. However, I just tinted my car, and now it's pleasantly warm. If you plan to tint your car, you shouldn't have any problems. Are you only aiming for the quartz interior because you don't want ebony? CGP is also available with quartz.

The only thing I don't like about CGP is that it is the most popular color. I see my car everywhere every day. If I see any other color, I get so excited because it looks unique to me. Silver is a good car...my salesman was trying to get me to consider it (he owns a silver acura I believe), but I wanted a darker color so that it would be more reflective. At certain angles, my car looks like a mirror. Silver is good in that it hides dirt well.
Well he only has 2 07's that i would consider... the gray/ebony or silver/quartz. I do like the gray but you're right about the popularity, and the heat on the ebony is what i thought (even though i only have that problem for a few months here ). thanks for your input...
Old 08-11-2007, 12:02 AM
2005 TL (7/07-8/29/09)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have silver/ebony and i love it due to the fact that you don't have to clean it too much. I don't like quartz/parchment because it looks ugly when it's stained and dirty. I'm sure you don't mind if you keep it clean and conditioned every week. It's tough that you like carbon gray but can't get the quartz interior. Well you got a decision to make.
Old 08-11-2007, 01:51 AM
Banned

Go to acura's website and make screen shots of the TSX in the two colors your choosing between, then cut out the car in both colors and place it in a single image file and save it, set it as your desktop and just stare at the two and let your mind go. I'm sure you'll feel more strongly about one over the other in short time.
Old 08-11-2007, 02:35 AM
Racer

carbon grey is a very nice color....i like that it looks like another shade at different angles. for me, the black interior was actually really in the summer time. i like the quartz interior so much better (which is what i have). the only drawback to that color is that stains show up much easier.
Old 08-11-2007, 05:59 AM
it's a car-drive it

Received 262 Likes on 199 Posts
Originally Posted by pianos101
So.... After lurking around here for awhile i'm FINALLY ready to buy my first TSX. My dealer has a few 07 a/t nav's left, but i have to choose between carbon gray pearl/ebony or silver metallic/quartz. I really like the gray because it has a blueish tint, but i like the silver because of the quartz interior. I've never had a dark-interiored car; those of you that do, does it get really hot in the summer (or all year, depending on where you live)?
Those of you that have gray or silver, what do/don't you like about that color.....

just looking for some input!
i live on the coast of nc and my tsx has ebony interior-no tints- even tho it does get hot it is no hotter than the the gray leather interior we have in our other car IMO. the car with the gray int. is silver and seems to not show the dirt so looks clean longer. I have milano red which is ok but then I wash the cars alot.
Old 08-11-2007, 07:29 AM
Team Owner

Received 105 Likes on 69 Posts
Im a bit biased. Carbon Grey all the way.
Old 08-11-2007, 09:31 AM
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I like the Carbon Grey, but I have silver for my car.
I think, Silver is every where also, too many silver cars I think....around the world
Old 08-11-2007, 10:26 AM
Instructor

Def, carbon grey
Old 08-11-2007, 10:39 AM
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Ebony interior >>>>>> All

(unless you are 50)
Old 08-11-2007, 10:45 AM
Racer

I have carbon grey with quartz, and if I had to do it over again I think I'd get silver and ebony. The carbon grey shows dirt easily, and rock chips really stand out. I do a bunch of highway driving and the whole front bumper and hood has little flecks of primer showing (too small to touch up, though). As mentioned above, _everybody_ has carbon grey, and this is somewhat annoying. The quartz interior is nice, but I think it might look dated when the car is >7 years old. Ebony/black is sharp looking--very sporty and classic. Cars will always be made with black interiors.
Old 08-11-2007, 09:21 PM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've been pretty amazed at how not crazy-hot the ebony interior has been so far! I got in there a couple times having flashbacks of my years living in SW Arizona, but haven't been burnt once yet. I was terrified hopping on to the sun-shined seat w/ a skirt on one day, but no problems! Granted, I usually put my sunshade up, but I forgot a couple days this week, and it still wasn't that bad.

And I loooove the carbon grey.... Especially how it picks up whatever colors it's around! The silver didn't look bad, and I would have still taken it if it were the only choice, but luckily I got my first pick. (I really, really, really didn't want that tan, or what is it, parchment? interior... never been a fan of tan interiors...)
Old 08-11-2007, 10:17 PM
Registered Car Nut

I have an ASM with Ebony interior. It definitely gets hot in the summer, but I like the ability to open the windows with the remote. This way, the car cools down before I get into it. I still much prefer the Ebony interior to the Quartz (at least the pics I've seen, as you can't get a quartz interior in Canada anymore...).

The most popular colour for the TSX is the CGP... however, if you look at cars in general, you'll find the silver to be the most popular overall. I love my ASM, since I don't have the time to keep the car as clean as I would like... at least, it doesn't show.

I agree with Wackura... put them both side by side on your PC and you'll decide. That is a personal decision that really can't be argued!