should this be covered?

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2008, 01:13 PM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
should this be covered?

my window has been creaking for a while and i brought it to the dealership. they wanted me to pay the $98 inspection fee because this was supposedly due to my inability to maintain the door seals. they wouldn't budge until I busted out my laptop and showed them the february service bulletin on creaking windows. I hope they wrne't just trying to screw me... PS this was west chester / piazza acura in Philly.

Actually, the main reason I went there today is because I've been hearing a chirping sound when going over bumps. They warned me that because they'll need to put 2 mechanics on that job, they'd likely charge me even more had I wished to proceed. I told them my car was still under warranty and the service manager said that becaues I bought it CPO, there was no way he could verify that it wans't due to some accident or something. Sounds real fishy, so I'm gonna wait till I get back to NY to have this done.

I mean wtf... do they get less money if they bill Acura for the work or something?
Old 07-11-2008, 01:22 PM
Burning Brakes

Sounds like a bad service center. Go somewhere eals .
Old 07-11-2008, 01:36 PM
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
That's garbage. It absolutely should be covered and warranty, "inspection fee" and all. Fuck that shady ass dealer trying wiggle out of doing their damn job.
Old 07-11-2008, 01:37 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by HI OFECR
Sounds like a VERY bad service center. ?They "warned" you that they would have to put two mechanics on the job? What the f**k is that all about! No wonder they want you to pay out of warranty. If they turned in a warranty service bill to Acura with two mechanics on it for this work they would probably be laughed out of town. Dude, RUN -don't walk- to another service shop.
Old 07-11-2008, 02:15 PM
Instructor

my windows have been creaking since a couple of weeks ago. to the op where do i find this service bulletin, since now i can take it to the dealer so they can fix it!

thanks i tried looking in the acura website but found nothing.
Old 07-11-2008, 02:19 PM
Team Owner

Received 378 Likes on 198 Posts
Or rather than paying the $98/hr inspection fee, try cleaning the windows to see if that fixes the issue...
Old 07-11-2008, 02:41 PM
Don't feed the...WTF?

Suprised nobody mentioned this yet, but anytime you bring your car in - there's an "inspection fee".

This is covered by your warranty though, but it is still there. Basically it covers them for when they open up your door to look at it, and find a red slushy in there - then they got you for the diagnostics.
Old 07-12-2008, 12:15 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by CGTSX2004
Or rather than paying the $98/hr inspection fee, try cleaning the windows to see if that fixes the issue...
see problems and fixes... it's stickied at the top (february 2008 2nd article)

but like someone said, try cleaning the seal first. if that doesn't work resort to more extreme measures...
Old 07-12-2008, 11:36 AM
Team Owner

Received 54 Likes on 27 Posts
Originally Posted by HI OFECR
+1
Old 07-12-2008, 11:59 AM
Undercover Slacker

Originally Posted by muncher
my window has been creaking for a while and i brought it to the dealership... they wouldn't budge until I busted out my laptop and showed them the february service bulletin on creaking windows.

Actually, the main reason I went there today is because I've been hearing a chirping sound when going over bumps.
I think I have the same chirping sound you're talking about. It seems to be coming from my front windshield when I go over bumps when it's cold out.

Where can I find the TSB?

Thanks.
Old 07-13-2008, 09:04 AM
Instructor

the chirping sound is coming from somewhere in the back for me. sounds like metal on metal and is most prominent on a hot day after 10 or so minutes of driving. I believe there's a tsb for a separate windshield problem... check the problems and fixes sticky
Old 07-13-2008, 10:47 AM
Sweet!

Received 80 Likes on 69 Posts
I had the something similar happen to me. Like, a month after I bought my car the drivers door lock actuator went out. I knew exactly what it was. I called the dealer closest to me to make an appointment to get it fixed, and they started freaking out and were like "we may need to charge you if we find any damage inside the door." I was like..WTF?! So, I kept bugging them until they'd check out my car under warranty. Ever since then they'd been pretty cool. It was very strange.

If there was another dealer I was willing to drive to at the time, I probably would've switched dealerships. You should feel another dealership and see how they treat you. I've moved since the above incident, and now I go out of the way to an Acura dealership because they really respect their customers and treat them very well.
Old 07-14-2008, 12:16 PM
Instructor

Wow I won't go there(I'm on the other side of town though).

Next closest is probably Admore Acura, but they are owned by the same group as West Chester(Piazza) so they'd probably pull the same thing.

Try Jenkintown Acura or Montgomeryville Acura, both are probably about 35-45 min from West Chester though.
Old 07-14-2008, 03:56 PM
Acura Owner Advocate

my window has been creaking for a while and i brought it to the dealership. they wanted me to pay the $98 inspection fee because this was supposedly due to my inability to maintain the door seals. they wouldn't budge until I busted out my laptop and showed them the february service bulletin on creaking windows. I hope they wrne't just trying to screw me... PS this was west chester / piazza acura in Philly.

Actually, the main reason I went there today is because I've been hearing a chirping sound when going over bumps. They warned me that because they'll need to put 2 mechanics on that job, they'd likely charge me even more had I wished to proceed. I told them my car was still under warranty and the service manager said that becaues I bought it CPO, there was no way he could verify that it wans't due to some accident or something. Sounds real fishy, so I'm gonna wait till I get back to NY to have this done.

I mean wtf... do they get less money if they bill Acura for the work or something?
I BET YOUR CAR IS OUT OF THE 4 YEAR 50K MILE WARRANTY . ACURA EXTENDED WARRANTY DOES NOT COVER SQUEEKS AND RATTLES, SQUEEKS AND RATTLES TAKE ALOT OF TIME TO DIAGINOS USUALLY SO IF THE FACTORY DOES NOT PAY US FOR THE TECHS LABOR AND YOU OBVIOUSLY DON'T WANT TO PAY THEN WE HAVE TO EAT IT. AND USUALLY WE WILL ONLY DO THAT IF YOU HAVE A (GOOD) HISTORY WITH US OR YOU BOUGHT THE CAR FROM US. THAT STILL NO EXCUSE FOR THE ADVISOR TO BE RUDE OR TO NOT TRY TO HELP YOU OUT BY SWABBING THE RUN CHANNEL HIMSELF (THAT'S WHAT I DO).
Old 07-14-2008, 03:59 PM
Acura Owner Advocate

A Dealership Should Never Ask For Diaginos Fee Unless Car Is Out Of Factory Warranty, Warranty Has Been Canceled Due To Branded Title, Or It's Obvious The Issue Is Caused By Aftermarket Components Or Physical Damage!
Old 07-14-2008, 04:19 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by SERVICEADVISOR
A Dealership Should Never Ask For Diaginos Fee Unless Car Is Out Of Factory Warranty, Warranty Has Been Canceled Due To Branded Title, Or It's Obvious The Issue Is Caused By Aftermarket Components Or Physical Damage!
Then they should explain this to him.
Old 07-14-2008, 04:32 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by SERVICEADVISOR
I BET YOUR CAR IS OUT OF THE 4 YEAR 50K MILE WARRANTY . ACURA EXTENDED WARRANTY DOES NOT COVER SQUEEKS AND RATTLES, SQUEEKS AND RATTLES TAKE ALOT OF TIME TO DIAGINOS USUALLY SO IF THE FACTORY DOES NOT PAY US FOR THE TECHS LABOR AND YOU OBVIOUSLY DON'T WANT TO PAY THEN WE HAVE TO EAT IT. AND USUALLY WE WILL ONLY DO THAT IF YOU HAVE A (GOOD) HISTORY WITH US OR YOU BOUGHT THE CAR FROM US. THAT STILL NO EXCUSE FOR THE ADVISOR TO BE RUDE OR TO NOT TRY TO HELP YOU OUT BY SWABBING THE RUN CHANNEL HIMSELF (THAT'S WHAT I DO).
holy caps lock...
my acura is still under the CPO warranty
Old 07-14-2008, 07:58 PM
Acura Owner Advocate

sorry about the cap locks, your right kabota they should have or maybe then did and he just not trying to hear it. CPO is certifed pre-owned which does not cover everything in the 4/50 warranty including squeeks and rattles. what was the original in-service date (date car was first sold to original owner) and current mileage?
Old 07-14-2008, 11:58 PM
Instructor

in service date was march of 2004 and it's got 31500 on it right now. I was told when I bought the car that the CPO 1 year warranty was equal to 4/50 warranty.
Old 07-15-2008, 12:05 AM
Pro

WTF?
take it to another dealer.
i had mine serviced at my local dealer, same problem, and got all the rubber window molding changed.
later, i complained of "creaking" sound of rubber or something on the roof on a hot sunny day. of course, i knew it was because of the rubber expanding due to hot temperature. the dealer changed whole window moldings again, and interestingly got my interior rood liner inside changed to brand new.
all for free. you can't pay for those stuff...it should be covered.
Old 07-15-2008, 04:43 PM
Instructor

barf these dealerships must be hurting cause of the economy.
Old 07-15-2008, 09:54 PM
Burning Brakes

Not service, especially not around this time of year.

Vacations, road trips, students coming home from college.

Dealer down the street from me is packed with appointments and they are an express service center.
Old 07-16-2008, 08:40 AM
Instructor

EVERYONE is hurt by the present economy, but I think that has no impact on the way dealerships do business. Since the time of the model T some dealers have tried to screw their customers, but many do not. It's still the same today. If you think a dealer is trying to f**k you over, go elsewhere.
Old 07-16-2008, 10:09 AM
Acura Owner Advocate

I am not hurting right now but when business does get slow I don't take it out on the customer, in fact I try harder to get stuff covered under warranty because then I can collect some money for my time from American Honda and the customers happy. Pissing people off does nothing but hurt the dealership and American Honda in the end. Unfortunately some dealer personal are stupid and greedy and don't realize that it's costing them money.