To sell out...or not to sell out.

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2003, 10:40 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To sell out...or not to sell out.

Guys,i have a milano red TSX,navi,5 spd, on order.The car was supposed to be in May 16th and was ordered in April.Im getting tired of waiting for it and i have the oppertunity to buy a BMW 325Ci with Premium and Sport packages,Harmon Kardon sound system, and Bi-xenon headlights.I'm getting a great deal on it because 2 of my cousins bought BMW's from this place.One was a 2002 325 drop top,and one was a M3 coupe.Now the cousin with the drop top is upgrading to a M3 and one of the salesmen said he'll give me a great price.So what do you guys think.....

Milano Red Acura TSX
5spd-auto
Navi
Factory kit and fogs

-or-

Electric Red BMW 325 Ci
5spd-auto
Premium,Sport packages
Harmon Kardon sound system upgrade
BI-Xenon headlights

Basically both cars have the same options.The Harmon Kardon sound system is known for the back speakers rattling.I guess the only real plus is the bi-xenons.

Also keep in mind i will be modding whatever car i get and things like headers for a bmw are so expensive.My cousin has Gruppe M intake and Remus Exhaust on his 325Ci.Hes getting a Dinan Chip upgrade soon and after that unless he supercharges the engine,theres not a lot he can do.BMW is known for maxing out there engines which is why aftermarket companys are having such a hard time sqeezing HP out of the M3,if anything iv'e heard of catback exhausts that take hp away from the M3 but give it a deeper note.....So help me out guys.
Old 07-11-2003, 10:43 PM
Pro

Yea, my friend has it rear deck rattle, but if trhat is what is stopping u, it can be fixed w/ about $5 worth of dynomat
Old 07-11-2003, 10:44 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: To sell out...or not to sell out.

Originally posted by AC TL
Guys,i have a milano red TSX,navi,5 spd, on order.The car was supposed to be in May 16th and was ordered in April.Im getting tired of waiting for it and i have the oppertunity to buy a BMW 325Ci with Premium and Sport packages,Harmon Kardon sound system, and Bi-xenon headlights.I'm getting a great deal on it because 2 of my cousins bought BMW's from this place.One was a 2002 325 drop top,and one was a M3 coupe.Now the cousin with the drop top is upgrading to a M3 and one of the salesmen said he'll give me a great price.So what do you guys think.....

Milano Red Acura TSX
5spd-auto
Navi
Factory kit and fogs

-or-

Electric Red BMW 325 Ci
5spd-auto
Premium,Sport packages
Harmon Kardon sound system upgrade
BI-Xenon headlights

Basically both cars have the same options.The Harmon Kardon sound system is known for the back speakers rattling.I guess the only real plus is the bi-xenons.

Also keep in mind i will be modding whatever car i get and things like headers for a bmw are so expensive.My cousin has Gruppe M intake and Remus Exhaust on his 325Ci.Hes getting a Dinan Chip upgrade soon and after that unless he supercharges the engine,theres not a lot he can do.BMW is known for maxing out there engines which is why aftermarket companys are having such a hard time sqeezing HP out of the M3,if anything iv'e heard of catback exhausts that take hp away from the M3 but give it a deeper note.....So help me out guys.
Dude...Your dealer sucks ass. I'd go elsewhere but still get a TSX.
Old 07-11-2003, 10:49 PM
More On

Sounds like you can afford either car, so get whichever one you like better.

It's probably good advice that whatever you do, you shouldn't turn away from the TSX just because you're pissed at the dealer. Making sure that you get the car you really want is too important for that.

If it's me, the choice is easy, real easy -- TSX. If the BMW we're talking about was the 330, that would make it a little tougher, but (in my book) not much. Of course most people would probably disagree with me about TSX vs. 330.
Old 07-12-2003, 06:25 AM
Pre-Registered Member

Received 246 Likes on 150 Posts
I agree with Larchmont, 325 just doesn't do it for me. 330 is a much better choice. Between the TSX and the 325, I obviously chose the TSX. In either case get the MT. AT is just a
Old 07-12-2003, 12:32 PM
Instructor

Originally posted by odessa
I agree with Larchmont, 325 just doesn't do it for me. 330 is a much better choice. Between the TSX and the 325, I obviously chose the TSX. In either case get the MT. AT is just a
I totally agree with Larchmont in every aspect. Go for what you really want. If it's the TSX you want, don't just dump it cuz of one dealership. Go elsewhere! Don't get a 325...get the 330.
Old 07-12-2003, 01:05 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 719 Likes on 201 Posts
I'm not sure why you are considering the ci....I say that becase the major difference is a 2 dr vs. a 4 door. If you would consider a coupe, then you do have many more opions..... I think that is one important factor to consider. 330ci would be sweet....... but the 325 is not too shaby at all. Man, my friend has a 323ci, and that thing sure is peppy considering HP is only like 170? Performancewise the bimmer is the way to go.... I personally love the comfort of the TSX and the interior.... you cant beat that. Tough choice. But think 2 dr vs. 4 door if you are picking one of these two.
Old 07-12-2003, 01:21 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Man get the TSX, I think the 3series will soon be redesigned.
Old 07-12-2003, 02:17 PM
More On

Originally posted by synth19
.....Performancewise the bimmer is the way to go.... I personally love the comfort of the TSX and the interior.... you cant beat that......
Raises a good point -- TSX ride/comfort vs. BMW 3 ride/comfort.

Synth thinks TSX is better, and I think so too, but I'm not really sure; anyway I don't think it's a slam dunk. Even though I'm a former BMW owner (320i) and have ridden in them not that long ago, I haven't been in one since I got the TSX, and I'm not that good at making such remote comparisons.

Any other opinions about TSX vs. BMW 3 in ride/comfort? And maybe is it different in 330 than in 325, so that it depends on which 3 we're talking about?
Old 07-12-2003, 02:21 PM
GEEZER

Received 2,227 Likes on 1,421 Posts
I am a HARCORE Honda guy and I say BEEMER.
Old 07-12-2003, 03:27 PM
'12 TL (prev '04 TSX 6MT)

I rode in my friend's 323i today (granted it's a year 2000). I used to love it.. but after a couple weeks in my TSX, it 'don't impress me much.'
Old 07-12-2003, 04:55 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 719 Likes on 201 Posts
I'm not really saying that the TSX is better..... but, what I was trying to say is that they are 2 COMPLETELY different beasts..... both are great for different reasons...we're talking about a ci vs. a 4 door.

Originally posted by larchmont
Raises a good point -- TSX ride/comfort vs. BMW 3 ride/comfort.

Synth thinks TSX is better, and I think so too, but I'm not really sure; anyway I don't think it's a slam dunk. Even though I'm a former BMW owner (320i) and have ridden in them not that long ago, I haven't been in one since I got the TSX, and I'm not that good at making such remote comparisons.

Any other opinions about TSX vs. BMW 3 in ride/comfort? And maybe is it different in 330 than in 325, so that it depends on which 3 we're talking about?