Scartches and window chips!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2004, 01:26 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Scartches and window chips!!!

I drove to San Francisco the other day and when I was washing my car today, I saw tons of scartches on the hood and a tiny little chip on the windshield! :'( I am so pissed...I only had my car for one month. I then went out and bought Meguirs car wax and waxed the whole car and some of the scartches were eliminated but the deep ones are still there. The windshield chip, however, will be there forever. Anyway, does anybody know anything about the clear bra thing? They tried to sell it to me when I bought my car but I forgot what it was and what the price was. Was it the clear paint for the hood? If so how much is it? Also, does it do any good?
Old 10-03-2004, 02:39 AM
NBP/EBONY/6MT

I think there are a lot of threads about the clear bra. I personally don't have one, but the people who do have one seem to be pretty happy with it. It doesn't cover your whole hood, if anything just as high up as a normal car bra. You MAY be able to get it over your entire hood, but I dunno.

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...ight=clear+bra

Check out www.bettercarcare.com for some tips on removing the scratches. If you get the right supplies and equipment you can buff them out. You can also search the threads for info about a Porter Cable to polish out the scratches.
Old 10-03-2004, 05:46 AM
DGH
What, me worry?

Originally Posted by rivvin
...Anyway, does anybody know anything about the clear bra thing? They tried to sell it to me when I bought my car but I forgot what it was and what the price was. Was it the clear paint for the hood? If so how much is it? Also, does it do any good?
I'm considering having a clear bra installed the day I buy the car, and did a little bit of research.

Lots of different vendors, X-Pel, Clearbra, StonGard, Rockblocker. All have websites with lots of good info. StonGard seems best to me.

The "Full" kit is $405, I think. Light kit about $55 extra.

Since I am a klutz and refuse to touch my cars, I emailed StonGard and got the location of a local installer.

Although they did not give me a formal quote, they ball-parked me an installed price of $700~800.

And contrary to some info I have read, garaging during the 1~2 day curing period is NOT required. Just no heavy-duty water such as car washes. (This was critical for me since I don't have a garage.)

When I get closer to my purchase date I will go and get details.

Hope this helps.
Old 10-03-2004, 11:41 PM
Instructor

Thanks guys. I will look into the links and read more about it. In the mean time, I guess I will try polishing...but I just waxed it!