Rotora slotted rotor problems

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2010, 09:33 PM
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
That's what I figured, you were still selling existing stock. Thanks.
Old 05-07-2010, 10:52 PM
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Excelerate
It's unfair to blame us. I worked hard to facilitate this and finally when I got a reasonable answer, "upper management" at ROTORA changed their mind and said no. And the customer was refunded in full for those discs. And guess what???? They are still sitting on my shelf and ROTORA has not issued a replacement. I don't appreciate the OP's remarks. Why even make this thread? I could see if the result wasn't what you wanted but to make posts like this is unnecessary.

The post was totally necessary to bring awareness to the owners community on Rotora's crappy quality rotors and how Excelerate respond to the problem. For the most part, OP had a bad experience with both companies.

Last edited by malnik; 05-07-2010 at 10:57 PM.
Old 05-08-2010, 12:16 PM
Almost Doctor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^^ I totally agree, thanks for backing me up.

The final outcome was that I got my money back but not without a month of hassle and stress and tearing the car apart 3 times. In terms of man hours and stress, I didn't have a pleasurable experience. Thus, I think it is my duty to warn others of the awful experience and hopefully save everyone's time, money, and stress. A company with outstanding customer service would offer an immediate exchange without hassle.
Old 05-09-2010, 01:06 AM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
any inputs on the STOPTECH ROTORS? i might need to purchase em in the future
Old 05-10-2010, 06:41 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 624 Likes on 478 Posts
Originally Posted by huludicidal
^^ I totally agree, thanks for backing me up.

The final outcome was that I got my money back but not without a month of hassle and stress and tearing the car apart 3 times. In terms of man hours and stress, I didn't have a pleasurable experience. Thus, I think it is my duty to warn others of the awful experience and hopefully save everyone's time, money, and stress. A company with outstanding customer service would offer an immediate exchange without hassle.
The warranty is issued through the manufacturer and most manufacturers don't want the retailer involved in the process. They want direct contact with the customer. However, I actually worked through the entire process with you. I answered all your emails and spoke with you on the phone numerous times. You also thanked me at the end and said you appreciated my help.

I'm not here to argue with you. It's a bad situation for both of us but in the end we took care of the customer and we are sitting on a defective product.
Old 05-10-2010, 08:30 PM
Almost Doctor

Originally Posted by Excelerate
The warranty is issued through the manufacturer and most manufacturers don't want the retailer involved in the process. They want direct contact with the customer. However, I actually worked through the entire process with you. I answered all your emails and spoke with you on the phone numerous times. You also thanked me at the end and said you appreciated my help.

I'm not here to argue with you. It's a bad situation for both of us but in the end we took care of the customer and we are sitting on a defective product.
Josh, you're right. This thread was not created to bad mouth you or your company but expose an inferior product, incomplete warranty, and an awful manufacturer. The thread was created while this process was taking place. You shouldn't have been forced to eat the cost of the defective product, but that is the nature of dealing with awfully managed companies such as Rotora.

Unfortunately, customers are buying a product from you so they will always expect you to make it right. Reputable manufacturers should then deal with you to replace defective merchandise; you should be the middle man for the first few weeks after a sale since your company should be able to absorb costs a lot easier than your customers. I do appreciate your help as I did get my money back. But, I can't imagine anyone who receives a defective Rotora product will get a hassle-free replacement, so I wish to warn others to save their money and stay away from their product.

I commend you for not buying their products any more. I hope their operation fails as miserably as their management has.
Old 05-19-2010, 10:42 PM
Racer

well that sucks. Since Excellerate did not want to help me several years ago with the same set of Cross-drilled rotota rotors I got.

Rotora was no help either. Either way, Excellerate, you need to stop being a vendor of their products cuz their products fu**king stinks and you know it!

How many more customers are you gonna sell their crap to just so you can make two quick bucks?

there is no such thing as an isolated case if the product is installed NEW and the problem began right when you drive off the lot, and once the product is replaced with something cheaper , the problem magically disappear?
Old 08-25-2010, 12:12 AM
2nd Gear

I do apologize for bumping an old thread, but while I was googling other peoples experiences, this came up.

I had a similarly shitty experience with Rotora. Here is the thread below that explains everything.

Thread: http://www.b15u.com/suspension-chass...vice-suck.html

Interesting how they tried the same warranty bullshit.
Old 08-25-2010, 09:58 AM
Almost Doctor

^^^^ Ughh, reading that post just re-hashed my hatred for that despicable company and their awful product. We should all organize and get a class-action opened considering their products are safety equipment and put lives at risk.
Old 08-25-2010, 05:36 PM
2nd Gear

I'd be willing to lend a hand.
Old 08-25-2010, 11:46 PM
CGP Ebony

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
I bought POWER Slotted Rotors. Highly recommend them. Zero issues whatsoever.
Old 08-28-2010, 02:30 PM
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I have Stoptech Slotted Rotors on my TSX, Josh down at Excellerate in Connecticut installed them for me. Besides for a bit more noise than I'd like out of them, they behave great and as hard as I am on brakes, there isn't even the slightest suggestion of pulsation or vibration. I think you did get defective parts. Beware not to blame Excellerate, he can't control that and it was simply bad luck. Best of luck in getting the problem fixed.
Old 09-29-2010, 05:24 PM
iWhine S/C 6MT TL

Received 2,563 Likes on 1,317 Posts
I just googled why "Rotora fucking sucks"...

This is my 3rd set of Rotora cross/slotted rotors for my 04 TL with brembo brakes.

At approx 5-7k these rotors take a shit and warp. Under normal driving conditions with good weather. I don't abuse my car nor do I drive it in the rain or snow, so neither factors would be considered.

This has nothing to do with Josh at Excellerate, even though all 3 sets were purchased from his company. Rotora just makes a crap rotor, though my rears are still the 1st set of rotoras and they haven't caused me problems. I was adviced by Josh to order a set of Power Slot Cryo Slotted rotors and another set of pads. This time around I will give this a shot and see how it goes.

Josh has been nothing but great, it's just a shame rotora makes a shitty product.