Repair Aftermath

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2009, 07:49 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Repair Aftermath

I just got my car back from the repair shop (after a month of waiting...) and after cleaning the car up a bit, i notice an indentation on my driver side upper shoulder by the windshield. It seems as if something heavy was placed on there and left an indentation afterwards. I am for sure correct that the indentation wasnt there before..It wasnt caused by the accident either. So now, i am not sure what i am supposed to do. It isnt a major noticeable indentation, but it does annoy me though.

Comments and opinions are welcome...
Old 01-02-2009, 08:22 PM
Unregistered User

I doubt it that an Acura dealer would take responsibility and fix it for free. You can either torerate it or get it fixed in a local body shop. They do these things for less $$$ than Dealers do.
Old 01-02-2009, 09:05 PM
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Often the roof panel can be damaged by impact stresses travelling through the car in an accident. It's a relatively thin, flat panel so it doesn't take much to warp it, especially near a pillar or around the sunroof opening.
Old 01-03-2009, 11:10 AM
Mike D from Ohio

man sorry to hear... i hate hearing stories where dealers are suspected of damaging cars.. hope everything goes alright with your fix..
Old 01-03-2009, 01:26 PM
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Where does the OP say that an Acura dealer damaged his car? Take it back to the body shop....it's likely accident damage that they missed.
Old 01-03-2009, 01:47 PM
Intermediate

I brought the car to my insurance recommended repair shop. When I got it back, I saw the indentation. I believe it was the repair shop cause it certainly wasn't me. I am pretty sure the accident didn't do that. I had a front end collision that didn't affect the upper portion of the car. So, I guess i will bring it to a shop.
Old 01-03-2009, 02:25 PM
it's a car-drive it

Received 262 Likes on 199 Posts
Originally Posted by poltergeist
Where does the OP say that an Acura dealer damaged his car? Take it back to the body shop....it's likely accident damage that they missed.
I was thinking the same thing. It was a boby shop not an Acura dealer.

Trending Topics

Old 01-03-2009, 02:50 PM
Someone stole "My Garage"

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by emseecoy
I brought the car to my insurance recommended repair shop. When I got it back, I saw the indentation. I believe it was the repair shop cause it certainly wasn't me. I am pretty sure the accident didn't do that. I had a front end collision that didn't affect the upper portion of the car. So, I guess i will bring it to a shop.
I have seen relatively minor front-end collisions that leave wrinkles on the roof panel and/or above the B-pillar. These areas take tremendous stress during a front-end accident.

Odds are that the body shop missed it. Call them up and see what they say. If that doesn't get you anywhere, call your claims adjuster and report it to them. Usually the adjuster will fight for you, especially if it's an insurance-recommended body shop -- they try to maintain those relationships as best they can.

Do you have recent pics of the car that might show the dent wasn't there prior?
Old 01-03-2009, 03:51 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by curls
I have seen relatively minor front-end collisions that leave wrinkles on the roof panel and/or above the B-pillar. These areas take tremendous stress during a front-end accident.

Odds are that the body shop missed it. Call them up and see what they say. If that doesn't get you anywhere, call your claims adjuster and report it to them. Usually the adjuster will fight for you, especially if it's an insurance-recommended body shop -- they try to maintain those relationships as best they can.

Do you have recent pics of the car that might show the dent wasn't there prior?
No I dont have any pictures that show that particular area. I will do what you suggested. I will call them and see what they say. Thanks for the tip
Old 01-04-2009, 02:13 PM
Boring Teacher

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If the dent is near the sunroof opening...it's most likely due to the accident. I slid on the ice and ran into a curb once, an about 500 miles after, I started to get a crease going from the corner of the windshield to the corner of the sunroof. It turned out that the frame had flexed when I hit into the curb and caused the roof to crease like that.
Funny thing was that I didn't even knock the car out of alignment and the roof still did that.
I'll bet that's what you're dealing with.
Good luck.