Relocated my Front License Plate (PICS)

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2006, 02:41 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Btw, for those of you with the bumper hole problem caused by the stupid dealers, like I do, here's a solution:

http://www.bumperplugs.com/

It's lame that they charge so much for that little plug, but I think it's a pretty good solution. At least it looks somewhat stock, ppl will just think you have parking sensors or something, and it's not noticeable.

Probably can get those plugs from homedepot and paint it yourself.
Old 08-02-2006, 07:51 PM
tsx n00b

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I had the non drilled version that has scuffs on the front bumper. Did anybody know a good way to get them out or am i left with the slight blemish .
Old 08-03-2006, 07:25 AM

try meguiar's scratchx if you'd like, but tread gently as it's a polish and can be abrasive...i had a small scuff but it helped out a lil
Old 08-13-2006, 11:00 PM
Let me help you!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
I wasn't satisfied with how the plate was slanted, so I removed my front plate and drove it without the front plate for a few weeks now. I work right by a police station, so I figured I'd work on my plate again and make some modifications.

Here's how it looks now...

Centered...

Up close...

Side shot...If only I didn't have to put foam at the bottom, then it'd be even more vertical...

Back of plate (w/o light)...it's all done by brackets (like gsclifton earlier, but I added more parts)...

Back of plate (w/ light)

Misc....

I might do Jtso's mod later...but it'll have to wait until after I build a mesh/grille for the front
Old 08-14-2006, 12:14 AM
Guinea Pig

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by JTso
Here is my version of front plate relocation. It is trimmed and tucked inside the front lower grille using the grille as back support. The plate is also contoured to the shape of the grille for a finished look. I will be using the two original plate holder holes for mounting.
Does WA require our plates to be centered? Or is there any certain way they need to be displayed?
Old 08-14-2006, 12:52 AM
Burning Brakes

hmm, seems like a pointless modification, i think i prefer the license plate in the stock location, at least it doesn't cover up the radiator then
Old 08-14-2006, 07:24 AM

Originally Posted by Chris_F
hmm, seems like a pointless modification, i think i prefer the license plate in the stock location, at least it doesn't cover up the radiator then
pointless? maybe to u, but it enhances the look of the front profile so much more with the modification, or complete removal like i did..
Old 08-14-2006, 10:31 AM
Let me help you!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
The original position of the plate allows it to scuff up the bumper, and we all know that the paint sucks. I didn't want to wait for anything to get messed up, and thus prevent my car from being able to go around without the front plate in the future.

I actually found a big dragonfly lodged in my radiator behind where the plate would have been...now I have to clean it up and check for any bent fins. It's not like I can drive fast enough to create a vacuum behind the plate...air will find it's way...

I liked it without the front plate though, although the front sometimes looked like it needed a mesh/air dam. In fact, I originally went to Acura's website to check out the TL, but it's front looked ugly to me....I then saw the TSX's front end

I think the odd thing about it is just that the plate is a bit too tall...even the numbers slightly overlap the bottom. If I trimmed the top and bottom of the plate, I'd need to drill new holes or something
Old 02-26-2007, 01:49 AM
Here to poke fun at you!

I was bored today so I decided to relocate the ole front plate.
Took about 8-10 min.
2 L brackets, 2 straight brackets, nuts, bolts, washers, and lock washers.

I'm going to realign it tomorrow so that there's no gap between the bumper and the plate itself.