Rant: Got a horrible tint job

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2006, 07:33 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Rant: Got a horrible tint job

my car had tint existing when i bought it, so I took it to Senior Stereo in Miami to get the tint removed and new one installed. This place was recomended to me by several locals so i decided to take their advice. So I went, told them what I wanted, paid and gave up my keys. So after about 45 mins, i decide to stroll to the back and see what they were doing. The guy was in my backseat, HACKING away at the defroster with a razorblade, literally scraping the defroster lines off..I yelled and stopped him, but when i came closer, i saw that almost 90% of all the lines were off already. I yelled at him, and he simply shrugges and said "no epeekee englee" So, i talked to the manager and he told me that the old tint was so baked and brittle this was the only was to remove the old one. he says, hey its florida, we dont use it anyway. When I said that I used it in the winter, he said, well you'll just have to take a cloth and rub it every once in a while" So i said ok, well just make sure that he removes the whole defroster now, since he already completely screwed it up. The appologized and said ok, and needless to say i leaft in a bad mood. He didnt remove it all. my deforoster is 90% missing and has several lines here and there. The tint has a 1 cm gap from the top of the windows, and when the windows are fully rolled up, it still doesnt go up all the way...also the gap is vastly inconsistent all around ranging from 2mm to 1cm on each window. Since I got illegal 15% they didnt give me a reciept and when I went back they guy was like, well thats our install job, and if you dont have a reciept theres nothing we can do....imm so pissed...i feel like just taking it to a professional and have the whole thing redone and the defroster more completey removed...
Old 08-29-2006, 07:36 PM
Race Director

get a refund. Thats unnacceptable.
Old 08-29-2006, 07:43 PM
無限 本田 CL9

refund? they should buy you a brand new rear window with defroster lines on top of that
Old 08-29-2006, 07:49 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
get him to pay for a new rear window, tint removal, and demand a refund
if he refuses, get your lawyer involved, file a police report (he damaged your car)
im sure the manager will love that

and cmon man, jus because you dont use it much doesnt mean u can let others fuck it up
since u dont use ur seat heaters, would u let someone just rip em out of your seat?
Old 08-29-2006, 08:16 PM
Got Phó?

Dude, don't let people fuck you around like that! WTF, i am piss just reading your post man. I mean, people doing half ass work and getting paid for it. Hell no! CJam, where you at man. Shine some light on this guy.
Old 08-29-2006, 08:25 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by TacoBellSauce
if he refuses, get your lawyer involved, file a police report (he damaged your car)

and cmon man, jus because you dont use it much doesnt mean u can let others fuck it up
since u dont use ur seat heaters, would u let someone just rip em out of your seat?
listen to tacobellsauce the shop will get in more trouble for giving an illegal tint job than you will for having illegal tint. I feel like calling that shop to rant for you.

Josh
Old 08-29-2006, 08:28 PM
Advanced

Old 08-29-2006, 08:29 PM
Three Wheelin'

was it the one on 40th st or the one on s dixie hwy?
Old 08-29-2006, 09:09 PM
Instructor

well that sucks, but when u ask someone to do something illegal dont think that you will be getting a good deal.
Old 08-29-2006, 09:14 PM
Accord 03 to TSX 06

which shop did you go to? Tell me so I can steer clear of that shop.
Old 08-29-2006, 09:20 PM
Instructor

It might be a good idea to tell your bank to cancel the transaction if you used a credit car. That way, you can go back and fight against them on an even ground since they won't be getting money.
Old 08-29-2006, 09:24 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by shockwave1111
which shop did you go to? Tell me so I can steer clear of that shop.
he said senor stereo in miami
Old 08-29-2006, 09:52 PM
Just dial 1911

Here come the lawyer police!!
Old 08-29-2006, 10:11 PM
Master Graphic Artist

Man you are getting jacked, take care of that quick. The longer you wait... you know.

I paid $190 for my tint job, and there were some dust particles in my tint, the guy redid everything, quality job, still dust particles were there from what i read you can't avoid them.
Old 08-29-2006, 10:24 PM
2010 TL SH-AWD

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
If theres another way to remove the rear tint without razor , please post it. You should know this before you brought it in. In my 14 years of driving any of my own vehicle, I only use the rear defroster like 1-3 times because I was lazy to clean the rear glass. Keep it clean and it will less fog.

Why is it nowdays every little thing has to involve with lawyers, sueing, etc. No wonder the insurance rate it goin up because everyone has to be perfect.
Old 08-29-2006, 10:29 PM
Three Wheelin'

what i mean to say is that threaten to get a lawyer involved
it will definately freak out the owner

and u can use steel wool, and a heat gun to remove the tints
Old 08-29-2006, 10:31 PM
Undercover Slacker

yeah, i agree with everyone else... f-that, demand a new window and refund! you probably won't use your heater either, are you going to let them rip it out and then tell you to stop your car and jog around the block until you're warm again when you're cold? they fucked up and going to get in a lot more trouble than you are for the illegal tint. however, without a receipt i don't know how you're going to prove anything.
Old 08-29-2006, 10:35 PM
Just dial 1911

Originally Posted by S power
If theres another way to remove the rear tint without razor , please post it. You should know this before you brought it in. In my 14 years of driving any of my own vehicle, I only use the rear defroster like 1-3 times because I was lazy to clean the rear glass. Keep it clean and it will less fog.

Why is it nowdays every little thing has to involve with lawyers, sueing, etc. No wonder the insurance rate it goin up because everyone has to be perfect.
While I agree that suggesting a lawyer is rediculous, I dont agree that he should have known what was involved. The tint shop is suppost to be the experts and they should have told him what was involved with getting the old tint off. I dont think their going to do anything else for him at this point.

If I were him, I would get the window replaced and take it to a respectable shop. And make sure everyone "Speaka Engles"...
Old 08-29-2006, 10:36 PM
Just dial 1911

Originally Posted by dalieu
are you going to let them rip it out and then tell you to stop your car and jog around the block until you're warm again when you're cold?

We're taking about the rear defrost

Is it just me or is everyone smoking shit tonight??
Old 08-29-2006, 10:37 PM
Racer

Thats wierd, i live in miami and i got tints and a sound system from Sienor Stereo. It was on my 1st car a MB 96' c-class. It was accually a shared car with my bro and i never wanted him to go to sienor stereo, like come on look at the name. That was 2 yrs ago. They did an awsome good. My dads a judge so he had to come to make sure it was legal (the tints). He told me if you want to get stuff done and not get screwed over in miami make sure its legal so you can report it when a stupid person (most likey a mexican in miami) screws up. Now if the acual tint is a bad job go back there and tell the guy you want a refund, (the sam e guys you talked to) if not tell him to take the shitty tint off and that they have lost a customer and everyone else i tell. Bitch and scream and make a scene so other people can hear you. Maybe the manager will give in because he doesnt want you to affect his current customers in the store.

And yes i have done this before. Ive been screwed over by mexicans in miami before.
Sometimes i bring my dad in to flash his badge.
Old 08-29-2006, 10:38 PM
2010 TL SH-AWD

Steel wool and heat gun eh .wouldnt that scratch up the glass . if not careful they can burn the panels around the area because it takes alot of heat to bake up the tint. Also it can screw up the silicone that sealed the glass and cause water leaks. IMO i rather them F'd up my defroster.
Old 08-29-2006, 10:40 PM
Racer

And o ya we stood next to the guy doing it the whole time. I really dont trust anyone in miami.
Old 08-29-2006, 10:46 PM
2010 TL SH-AWD

joerockt: im in the middle of smoking sh!t also and looking at your aviator(sp?) . Why is there a hole in the middle of the convenient store? Did that fat lady got hurt? bless her heart !

Sorry for the off topic !
Old 08-29-2006, 10:47 PM
Just dial 1911

Originally Posted by S power
joerockt: im in the middle of smoking sh!t also and looking at your aviator(sp?) . Why is there a hole in the middle of the convenient store? Did that fat lady got hurt? bless her heart !

Sorry for the off topic !
Figures...
Old 08-29-2006, 11:00 PM
Undercover Slacker

Originally Posted by joerockt

We're taking about the rear defrost

Is it just me or is everyone smoking shit tonight??
yes my example is extreme, and im smoking shit because i believe if any shop is going to do any damage to my car, i want to know about it before the damage has been done. as for taking off tint without fucking up the defroster:

How can I get bad window tint off my rear window without damaging my rear window defroster? Won't a razor blade scrape the defroster off right along with the tint?

Excellent question, and you're not alone in this concern. Using a razor blade could, in fact, damage your defroster. We wanted to find out the most effective way around this problem, so we took your question to the experts—namely a professional window tinter, and here's the simple solution he was kind enough to share with us: start with a large plastic trash bag (like a lawn and leaf bag) and cut it apart as to make one long section with it. Once you have that, use a soapy water solution and completely soak the tinted surface (as wet as you can get it) and then cover the wet tint with your cut plastic bag and leave your car out in the sun. What you are trying to do is to basically sweat the tint off of the window. The tint material is pourus so it will absorb your wetting solution. Keep the plastic on the window for about 10-15 minutes then remove it. You should then be able to start peeling away the film. Try not to tear it, keep it all in one peice if possible. It will come off much cleaner that way. If some is still sticking, repeat the process again. Once all tint is removed it will leave a glue film behind, so take a bit of laquer thinner on a rag and start wiping the glue away. This won't harm your glass or defroster, just make sure you're careful with the rest of the trim in your car. The entire process may take about an hour, but then you'll be tint-free, with your defroster none the worse for wear!

http://www.customautotrim.com/newsletter/issue16.html
Old 08-29-2006, 11:07 PM
Just dial 1911

^^^To bad the guys that worked on his car "No Reada Engles" either...
Old 08-29-2006, 11:19 PM
Got Phó?

You guys are they are Mexican? Maybe they are Perdorican (i think thats how its spell)
Old 08-29-2006, 11:22 PM
Pro

What's the spanish words for "my daddy's a lawyer and my brother works for the INS?" Olay!!!
Old 08-29-2006, 11:24 PM
Just dial 1911

Originally Posted by Still Water
What's the spanish words for "my daddy's a lawyer and my brother works for the INS?" Olay!!!
Donde esta el bano y cual es to nombre?
Old 08-29-2006, 11:25 PM
Got Phó?

My bad for the bad grammar.
Old 08-29-2006, 11:29 PM
Team Owner

Received 105 Likes on 69 Posts
thats terrible. dont know how you could just let them pass by letting them hack away at your defroster. shouldnt let anyone push you around like that.
Old 08-29-2006, 11:32 PM
CL-S retired 10.17.06

grow some balls. You TSX guys. Shoulda gotten a CL-S! I kid. Demand a refund and go somewhere else. Oh yea, first time this side of Azine.
Old 08-29-2006, 11:34 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by joerockt
Donde esta el bano y cual es to nombre?

I think you just asked where is the bathroom and does it have a name.
Old 08-29-2006, 11:39 PM
Three Wheelin'

Also think of the resale value, it has been diminished if you try to resell the car. most everyone will want a rear defrost if you resell your car... just something else to think about
Old 08-29-2006, 11:39 PM
Pro

Next time you buy something in Miami say "Muerte a Castro y de largo a Cuba viva" and you might get a discount and at least your receipt.
Old 08-29-2006, 11:41 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by joshrsmith2411
Also think of the resale value, it has been diminished if you try to resell the car. most everyone will want a rear defrost if you resell your car... just something else to think about

Yup, that'll make him feel better.
Old 08-29-2006, 11:59 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by joshrsmith2411
was it the one on 40th st or the one on s dixie hwy?
40th street
Old 08-30-2006, 12:03 AM
Instructor

im gonna call them tomorrow, but they might be closed, plus i have no reciept...
Old 08-30-2006, 12:16 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
If you don't have a receipt, you basically have nothing and won't stand a chance in court. What is your proof that they did any work on your car? Why did you pay before the work is done?
Old 08-30-2006, 12:51 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by JTso
If you don't have a receipt, you basically have nothing and won't stand a chance in court. What is your proof that they did any work on your car? Why did you pay before the work is done?

Sometimes life just isn't fair and some learning experiences don't come cheap. BTW - Did they give you a good deal price? Just curious...

Quick Reply: Rant: Got a horrible tint job