Question about "Auto" on Navi Climate Control

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2004, 09:21 PM
STC
Burning Brakes

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Question about "Auto" on Navi Climate Control

Pls see this thread for my prob........http://www.acura-tsx.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13666

I noticed today that if i press "Auto" already on the fan would come on at low speeds and stay at low speeds. That was my prob.

Well today I noticed that when I turned the car on w/o turning off the "Auto" it started off at full blast then went to lower speeds which i guess is "normal"

Anyways pls test that out and let me know if thats normal:
-that the Auto would do full blast for a few secs then go a lower fan speed
-and that when you press auto when the car is already on that it wont do that full blast for a few secs then do lower speed.

I know I'm , but help a fellow TSX'r out.
Old 08-19-2004, 10:06 PM
Move toward the window...

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Seems normal to me... when on "Auto" mode, it determines the interior temperature using two seperate gauges, and sets the fan speed based on the interior temperature you choose. For instance, if you want a 70 degree interior temperature, and it's 80 degrees inside, it'll blow hard until it gets closer to 70, even when the car is first turned on.
Old 08-20-2004, 03:31 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Auto means the system will adjust many parameters to reach the ideal temperature, whereas if you controll it manually, it will only blow at the intensity you ask for.
Old 08-20-2004, 09:24 AM
10th Gear

Seems normal

I read your previous thread and I haven't had that experience. However, the two items you've posted in this thread seem to be normal operation, in that, it happens with my TSX as well. When the car is started the AC comes on hard, for 1-2 secs before it picks up the auto setting. I think this corresponds to the navi computer boot time, as soon as I see the annoying navi warning screen, the ac's usually already at a reasonable level. This obviously would not happen when the car is running because the Navi computer is already operational. At least that's what I think is going on. Hope that helps.
Old 08-20-2004, 10:04 AM
04 remembrance

Originally Posted by STC
Pls see this thread for my prob........http://www.acura-tsx.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13666

I noticed today that if i press "Auto" already on the fan would come on at low speeds and stay at low speeds. That was my prob.

Well today I noticed that when I turned the car on w/o turning off the "Auto" it started off at full blast then went to lower speeds which i guess is "normal"

Anyways pls test that out and let me know if thats normal:
-that the Auto would do full blast for a few secs then go a lower fan speed
-and that when you press auto when the car is already on that it wont do that full blast for a few secs then do lower speed.

I know I'm , but help a fellow TSX'r out.
It all depends on the temperature set and the environment.
Old 08-20-2004, 05:32 PM
Mmmm... tasty.

What iamhomin said... Just let the car handle everything for you. It just tends to go on full blast at first (usually with the recirc on) since the inside of the car is usually warm/hot from being out in the sun.

Auto climate control is the bomb!